[Kogyeol] Cupid's Heartbreak

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Kogyeol hated being called a puppy. For him, he was a noble man. He could tolerate it if he was called a German shepherd or something like that. 

But Jeongyeon loved calling him a puppy. She often told him that the nickname Kogyeol reminded her of a small defenseless puppy. 

And Kogyeol knew he was a big tough dog. 

But recently, he felt like he was the defenseless puppy Jeongyeon described. Ever since she started going out with Jinwook, their relationship wasn't the same anymore. She went with Jinwook during lunch. She went with him during dismissal. They were always together even though they weren't classmates. 

He thought Jinwook would reject Jeongyeon but he was wrong. Those four words still echoed in Kogyeol's head. 

"I like you too."

Kogyeol couldn't hate Jinwook but why did he have to like her too? Why? Kogyeol always wished for Jeongyeon's happiness but why is he like this now? 

"Kogyeol-ah!" 

Kogyeol turned his head to see Jeongyeon. She was obviously happy with her giddy skips towards him. Kogyeol wished she was his but that wish sadly won't come true because someone else owned her pure heart. 

"What?" 

Jeongyeon grinned at him before holding his hands.

"I'm really thankful," Jeongyeon started. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have ended up with Jinhoo."

I didn't want you to end up with Jinhoo. 

"Jinhoo? I thought--"

"We're dating now. You could call him Jinhoo too, Kogyeol! Anyways, I'm really thankful. He's really kind and sweet," Jeongyeon giggled. "My type of man."

I want to be your type of man. Aren't I good enough? 

"You're the best friend I could have. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't get my dream guy."

I don't want to be just your best friend. I want to be your boyfriend. I want to kiss you and call you mine. 

"Anyways, I have to go!" Jeongyeon waved. "Duty calls if you're part of the school's newspaper! Be careful walking home! Don't wait up since Jinhoo said he's going to wait for me!" Jeongyeon said before leaving. 

"I love you, Jeongyeon," Kogyeol whispered. "And I hate myself for being like this, acting Cupid then wishing you'll break up. I hate it. But..."

"At least you're happy."