[SungJoy] Done

Sinistral Drabble Collection

“I’m done, Sungjae.”

Joy’s words seemed to confuse the taller boy. It was out of the blue, since she held on his wrist while he was passing by her classroom.

“What?” His furrowed eyebrows said everything. He was really confused, especially since both of them weren’t dating. Their relationship was more of Joy likes Sungjae and Sungjae does not comment about anything about her.

“I’m just telling you I’m done. I’m done liking you. Instead of facing me and telling me you don’t like me, you cower away and ignore me. You hurt me more than heal me. And I hate it. I’ve said it many times before but now, I mean it. I’m done. After our graduation, I’ll forget about you since you already forgotten about me.”

Joy was trembling already. Sungjae noticed it because of her grip on him. She slowly loosened it before meeting Sungjae’s eyes.

“Thank you for making me open my eyes and see that I can improve myself. Thank you for ignoring me because I was driven to study more so you could finally notice me. But what I hate about you is your smile. Because of it, I fell for you. And now, I’m going to make it into something that’ll make me hate you.”

Joy’s classmates and the students from the neighbouring room all stared at the rare interaction between the two, especially since Joy initiated it.

Sungjae saw hurt in Joy’s eyes. Joy could only see coldness in his.

“Goodbye, Sungjae. I hope you’ll find someone that’ll love you like I do.”

“You do?”

“Because I still do, right now, but soon, it’ll all turn into dust and will be blown away by the wind, forgotten, like you will in my memories.”