[BaekChen] Hopeless Love

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Jongdae was desperately in love with Baekhyun. And everyone knew about it. Baekhyun was, after all, everything Jongdae would wish for. Baekhyun was an amazing singer. Baekhyun could sing any song successfully with his amazing voice. At the same time, Baekhyun was a nice friend to have. He was outgoing and funny. He knew what words to say. Also, he wasn't as stupid people thought he was. Baekhyun was an average student with passing grades, maybe even better than Jongdae's.

But because of how perfect Baekhyun was, Jongdae knew it was impossible for him to get him for himself. Baekhyun was a passing dream, a cloud he'll never reach. Jongdae knew that and yet, he hoped this angel would turn to him and spare him a smile. Jongdae prayed every night that Baekhyun would someday notice him and at least, have a conversation with him, a type that Jongdae would remember his whole life time. 

Unfortunately, Jongdae was a man cursed with bad luck. He never ended up in a good situation when he was in love and his feelings for Baekhyun were the same. After all, Jongdae was not alone in this admiration. Another guy, Park Chanyeol, was wooing Baekhyun with all his might. Chanyeol was the captain of the basketball team, at the same time, a vocalist of a band in his school. Jongdae couldn't compete with that. 

Another thing, Baekhyun was straight and he had been liking this senior they had, Taeyeon. Jongdae hated Taeyeon for all his life but even so, these negative feelings won't affect her nor Baekhyun's feelings for her. Jongdae felt like this love was going to end in a tragedy like the others. 

But Jongdae didn't mind it, because it was Byun Baekhyun. He would go through everything just for Byun Baekhyun because he knew he was a martyr in love.