[Kai X Momo] 1 AM Escapades

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Continuation of Chapter 42
Requested by: IKindaLoveKai
Inspired by: iKon's #WYD 


Months after Kai met Momo, aka Hirai-san, personally, he was still caught thinking about her. They exchanged LINE after they introduced each other. Mina looked like she was about to faint and Sehun was mindlessly scrolling through his own phone. Momo looked excited and Kai was so surprised to meet her there. Momo matured a lot since the time she sent that old picture to Kai. And Kai himself knew his face changed compared to the time he sent his picture to Momo. It had been years since they last talked to each other and somehow, a heavy weight was removed from Kai. He was worried about Hirai-san for a while. He never expected she would turn out as one of the members of a talked about girl group, TWICE. Momo thought the same though. She never expected her penpal to be someone from EXO. Fate sure rewards those who perservere to reach their dreams. 

Every morning, every night, every time Kai was free, he would always send Momo a message. They were catching up a lot of years worth of letters after all. Apparently, Momo went to South Korea around the time she stopped writing letters to him. She had to work hard since she was not fluent in Korean. At least she had the passion and talent for dancing. JYP managed to get her and there she was, part of TWICE. Kai respected Momo as a fellow dancer and he could even say Momo was better than him. 

"Hello?" Momo answered Kai's call. Kai smiled to himself and asked how she was. Momo told him that she was doing alright. Her members were all celebrating without any liquor since some members were too young for it. They had a lot of meat for dinner. It was really a wonderful feeling. It was their first comeback and they managed to win in music shows. That was a feat for rookies. 

"When I was a rookie, we could never achieve something like that, months after the debut," Kai shared. "We left our fans waiting for a long time."

"I know. You were the talk of the industry back then, you know," Momo chuckled," Your fandom had memes. JYP just suddenly made us comeback."

"Treasure your members while they're there, okay? Hirai-san?" Kai told her. He heard Momo chuckle once again. His eyebrows knitted together. 

"You should stop calling me Hirai-san already, Kai-oppa," Momo told her. "I already stopped calling you Nini."

"Well Nini's an embarrassing name. And you are a Hirai though," Kai defended himself. "It's hard getting used to you calling me oppa though."

"Does it give you the shivers then?" Momo teased. "You should be used to it. You have a lot of female fans after all. They all call you oppa, even those who are older than you. You are from EXO."

"And what does that mean?" Kai raised an eyebrow. "Just because I'm from EXO does not mean I'm getting used to you calling me oppa."

"I'm just telling you to get used to it," Momo slightly raised her voice. "Uh, sorry, my members are really noisy."

"Want to meet in a park nearby? I'm sure there aren't any people there now and the Han River's a little dangerous for idols," Kai suggested. He heard Momo choke on her meat. 

"What? Now? Are you sure?" Momo asked. "And it's hard for us to meet if it's outside music show studios, you know. Someone might see us and we'll be dead."

"I don't care," Kai pouted. "Come on. I'll make sure I won't get followed. I'm getting better at this anyway."

"Alright," Momo sighed. "There's no use to convincing you otherwise. But this is not a date, okay?"

"It's not a date, don't worry. We're just friends after all," Kai cleared that up. "You could teach me that 'shy shy shy''."

"Oh shut up! I'll just ask permission from Jihyo and I'll be in the park soon. Text me where you are, okay?" Momo said before hanging up. Kai smiled to himself before throwing his phone on his bed. It was around 1 AM already, and he knew the other members were resting. Whoever wasn't at their dorm was in their company, training with all their might for their upcoming comeback. 

 

Momo was teased by her other members rather savagely, especially by Nayeon and Dahyun. But they let her go. She threw on a thick coat since it was still chilly outside. As she stepped out of their dorm, she saw Kai waiting for her just outside of it. She looked embarrassed at first and flustered. She covered her face but she figured Kai wouldn't see the expression she was making because of how dark it was. The only sources of light around them was from their dorm and from the street lights. 

"Let's go?" Kai asked, offering his hand. 

"What's with that?" Momo scoffed. "I thought this wasn't a date."

"Treat this as a privilege. A lot of girls would want to hold my hand," Kai proudly said. Momo jokingly punched his shoulder. 

"A lot of men want to hold mine too, you know. I have a reputation even before I debuted," Momo proudly told him. Kai rolled his eyes before holding her hand. 

"Hard to get," Kai muttered," I never imagined Hirai-san to be this cold to me."

"I never imagined Nini to be this flirty though," Momo defended herself with a smile. "I'm sure you're such a playboy, quite the opposite of what fans think."

"I'm not," Kai pouted. "If I like a girl, I'll be loyal to her and I'll only be hers. If I was a playboy, my sister would kill me."

"I'd rather have your sister kill you," Momo joked," so I don't have to go to random escapes."

"You'll miss me, I'll bet that," Kai laughed. "You won't have anyone to drag out here."

"You're the one who's dragging me!" Momo bumped into his shoulder," You're the one who'll be missing me if I were dead."

"Well, you're not wrong," Kai whistled," I'll miss you."