[SeKai] Bookworm

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Sehun was having a hard time picking a book. He didn't know which book he should buy. All of his choices were like little bits of who he was. But he couldn't afford every book he had in his basket. He had to pick only around two books since he was not that rich. 

"Are you having a little bit of trouble, sir?" 

Sehun was slightly shocked by the sudden question and quickly turned his head to where the voice was coming from. It was a store clerk in his green uniform. He was around Sehun's height and he was tan, like really tan. It was like all of the darkness of Sehun's skin transferred to this store clerk in front of him. Sehun noticed the clerk's name tag and read "Kim Jong-in". 

"Sir?"

Sehun didn't notice he was staring at Jong-in a little longer than he should. 

"Ah, yes, sort of," Sehun awkwardly answered, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Let me help you," Jong-in suddenly picked up the books from the basket and looked at each of the descriptions from behind the book. After a few minutes, Jong-in looked at Sehun with a puzzling look. 

"You must be sensitive," Jong-in said after recollecting his thoughts. "You read John Green after all and usually, only teenage girls read John Green."

Sehun shrugged. "It's for my sister."

"Sure," Jong-in rolled his eyes. Sehun must admit that that slightly turned him on. 

"Psychology student aiming for FBI then," Jong-in deduced. Sehun raised an eyebrow. "Or a crime nerd. Take your pick."

"Psych student," Sehun answered. 

"You could be mistaken as a crime nerd though," Jong-in pointed at the basket. "You have a lot of mystery fiction there. You should read nonfiction."

Sehun shrugged. 

"You have no right to tell me that," Sehun told him. Jong-in shook his head before recollecting his thoughts again. He then took two books from the basket and went ahead to the counter. Sehun followed him closely behind. 

"I recommend Paper Towns for your sister," Jong-in snickered. Sehun shot a look at him. "And I recommend Killer Minds for you."

"How much are those though?" Sehun raised an eyebrow. Jong-in put the books in a paper bag. 

"It's on me, sir. It was fun psychoanalysing you for a bit," Jong-in smiled at him before handing the paper bag. 

"Uh.." Sehun felt awkward before thanking the stranger. "Thank you?"

"You're welcome. Please come again." 

When Sehun left, Jong-in's smile lingered in his mind. He soon opened the paper bag and took out "Paper Towns". Sehun actually didn't have a sister. It was just too embarrassing to say he read John Green. He opened the first page and noticed a pleasant surprise in it. 

It was a piece of paper cut into a silhouette of several buildings joined together. On it, someone wrote a number and "Call me when you want someone to talk to". Sehun was pretty sure it was Jong-in's doing. He smirked to himself before putting the book back into the paper bag. Maybe it's nice to flirt with the store clerk every once in a while.