[S.Coups X Seulgi] Music

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Request by: crystal_takuya 


"Noona, could you just drop by here for once. Just like the old times?"

"You know how hard it is to hide this from the public."

"Wonwoo won't know as long as you don't let him."

"It's not just Wonwoo. What if one of the people there would recognize me?"

"The guys here are the guys you know."

"But still... Seungcheol."

"Please? I'll be waiting for you around the tunnel."

 

Seungcheol felt anxious. Seulgi was the reason why he continued rapping underground. He improved his rapping while he was there. He was just a youthful rapper full of hope back then. He wasn't all that sure about rapping underground. Though Jeonghan pushed him to do it, he still had doubts. But when he watched Seulgi perform there two years ago, he was driven with determination to share the stage with her. 

Seulgi rapped with so much passion, so much pride, so much determination for people to hear what she had to say. She was in the minority of female rapper. Plus, she was really pretty. She was discriminated because of who she was. But she didn't look like it ever affected her. And when she finished, a lot of guys surrounded her and cheered her on. And they weren't flirting with her at all. They were spoiling her, ruffling her hair and doing a headlock on her. 

She wasn't like any of the girls he met before. She wasn't pretty because she was wearing a lot of make up. She was pretty because she had light make up. She was prettier with the sweat dripping from her hair. Her eyes shone with passion and happiness. 

Seungcheol couldn't finish reminiscing with Seulgi's voice calling his name. She wore the same outfit she wore when he first laid eyes on her. She didn't change much. Sure, she did mature a bit but she was still the female rapper Seungcheol idolized. If Wonwoo ever figured out how Seungcheol felt, he knew he was going to get murdered. 

"S. Coups," Seulgi bowed her head with a smile. 

"R-Right," Seungcheol stuttered. He forgot he had another persona whenever night arrived. Seulgi was the same. She took on a different name. She called herself G-Soul, a play on her name Seulgi. Another reason why Seungcheol called himself S. Coups, to be kind of like Seulgi. This was the place where he was closer to Seulgi compared to Wonwoo. He felt like the distance between them shrunk. He felt like everything was possible. 

"They were all wanting to see you again," Seungcheol told her before leading the way to the narrow alley, leading to an abandoned building. In that building, there was a basement, where they jammed in. It was a famous place, where a lot of underground rappers get discovered. But Seulgi managed to avoid all of the agents who scouted rappers for their idol groups. Seungcheol wasn't sure how but she was great at it. 

"I know they would try to find me," Seulgi chuckled. "I disappeared without a trace. I never told them about my day life. And they never told me theirs. It was always better that way."

"J-Hope-hyung was begging me to drag you here again," Seungcheol told her with a smile. "You know how much hyung loves you."

"I know," Seulgi whistled. "Did RapMon ever ask about me? Maybe Zico too?"

"Of course! Yongguk-hyung did too!" Seungcheol nodded.

Seulgi chuckled. Seungcheol smiled as she did. If only their circumstances were different, or if Seungcheol was braver than he really was, they could end up together. But Seulgi was a heavenly creature compared to Seungcheol. He was useless compared to her. She was sporty, smart, kind, pretty, angelic, a perfect sister even though Wonwoo would never admit that in front of Seungcheol. And Seungcheol described himself as that bad boy who played basketball more than study. He did work part time but it was useless compared to Seulgi's modelling contracts. 

"I'm glad I'm missed," Seulgi said. They stopped by the door. Lights flashed from behind the door. Both of them heard loud booming of music and rappers spitting the sickest words against each other. Seungcheol held the doorknob and slowly opened it. The first one to notice was J-Hope, who was onstage, with a rapper who joined recently. J-Hope stopped and grinned widely. 

"Everybody, we have our muse by the door!" J-Hope announced on the mic. The daytime Seulgi might've blushed and shyly waved at them but this was G-Soul. She was completely different compared to Seulgi. She went ahead of Seungcheol and went on stage with J-Hope. The newbie rapper, Bobby, stared at Seulgi, thinking of why a pretty girl would be in the underground. J-Hope handed Seulgi the mic with a wide grin on his face.

"I'm sure you were all so bored while I was gone, my boys." There was a certain growl in her voice which Seungcheol missed. Seulgi matched her gaze with Seungcheol's before winking at him. 

"So this boy must be new," Seulgi turned to Bobby. The boy nodded.

"I... I am!"

"You remind me of my brother. And I heard you spit sick verses to my man, J-Hope here," Seulgi commented. "Welcome to the underground, kid."

 

Seungcheol caught up to Seulgi when she went down the stage. She was laughing with the old pals she had while she was in the underground. J-Hope ruffled her hair like in the old times. Zico told her how short she was. Rap Monster was there to mediate the two so it wouldn't end up with Seulgi ripping off Zico's hair. 

"Thanks for dragging her back into the dark, S.Coups," J-Hope said as he saw Seungcheol.

"It was no problem!" Seungcheol scratched the back of his neck. "I really missed seeing her rap."

"And where did you even disappear to, huh, pipsqueak?" Zico asked. Seulgi fumed at the insult but kept her calm.

"I had university," and with that, they all understood. 

"Honor student, right?" Rap Monster asked. Seulgi nodded.

"Never knew you had a brain in there," Zico said. Seulgi shot a look at Zico before turning her eyes back to Seungcheol. 

"Thanks a lot, S.Coups. I owe you for convincing me to come back here for once," Seulgi said. "I feel nostalgic."

 

"Having trouble with writing music? Don't force it out, kiddo! Go out and experience music and you'll write lyrics in no time. Music isn't limited to your desk. It's everywhere in everything. That's why they call me G-Soul here. Every word I say has my heart in it. I think that's how it should be. Music is an expression of how you feel, how you think. It's supposed to be natural. And it is natural. I hope you understand that, kid. S.Coups, right? Keep that in mind. I'll be looking forward to ya. You have a lot of potential in this underground business."