[Jinhoo X OC] Kogyeol as Cupid

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Kim Jinwook was not one of the most popular guys in her school yet Choi Jeongyeon felt herself being attracted to him. He was not tall. He was not handsome yet Jeongyeon found Jinwook charming. But she couldn't talk to the sweet boy. She couldn't even say hi. She was always too shy. She always cowered away whenever she and Jinwook had a moment of meeting eye to eye. 

Jeongyeon's best friend, Ko Min Soo who she affectionally calls Kogyeol, always tried to set them up together. But every time they were just one step away, Jeongyeon would cower away from the pressure. Kogyeol hated that about her but he still continued to try to push Jeongyeon closer to Jinwook. A hard task indeed but there's nothing Ko Min Soo cannot handle, aside from impress their senior, Niel. 

"I called Jinhoo," Kogyeol said. Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow which only made Kogyeol smile. "Okay, Jinwook, happy?"

Jeongyeon smiled in satisfaction. She hated it when Kogyeol was being too familiar with Jinwook. If she wasn't able to be familiar with the guy she liked, Kogyeol had no right to call Jinwook by his nickname. 

"He's going to come by here after five minutes. You can do this, okay?" Kogyeol held Jeongyeon's hands and looked into her eyes. "Just tell him you like him and be over with this. If he likes you back, good. If he doesn't, move on. I don't like you hoping for nothing."

Jeongyeon nodded.

"I'll do that."

Kogyeol patted Jeongyeon's head before leaving her in the classroom. She could feel her adrenaline rising and her heart beating faster and faster. She was so nervous, especially since Jinwook was the last person everyone thought Jeongyeon would like. They all expected Wooseok, Sul Il or Sung Jun but they were all wrong. Only Kogyeol and Jeongyeon knew they were all wrong. And after that day, Jinwook would know too. 

Like Kogyeol said, after five minutes, Jinwook entered the room. He had his blazer hanging from his shoulders. Jeongyeon stepped back for a moment and just stared at him. 

"Uh, hi?" Jinwook said as he waved his hand. "Kogyeol--"

Jeongyeon shot a look at him. 

"Min Soo said you wanted to talk to me?" Jinwook said with an apologetic smile. He was adorable, Jeongyeon thought. 

"Um, oh, ah, yes," Jeongyeon nodded. She could feel her face heating up. Luckily, the sun was setting. It was getting darker. Jinwook won't see her embarrassed face. 

"Jinwook," Jeongyeon started. "I know we're not that close and all. I mean, we rarely talk. What I wanted to tell you is..." Jeongyeon took a deep breath. Jinwook still had no clue what was going on. 

"Jinwook... I..." Jeongyeon bit her lower lip. "I like you, okay?" She avoided his eyes. 

Jinwook was shocked by the sudden confession but soon after, his expression softened. He stepped towards her and ruffled her hair. 

"Jeongyeon?" The girl looked at Jinwook. Jinwook smiled at her sweetly. 

"I like you too."