[Kai X Momo] Penpals

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Inspired by: EXO's "Girl X Friend" 


Jong-in had his own penpal for a while. It was a girl in Japan who called herself Hirai-san. Jong-in wrote to her when he was younger. And then she stopped when Jong-in was 14. He was glad though. He knew he would miss her letters but he was too busy with his studies to maintain a healthy relationship with someone he never met. Aside from that, they didn't know each other's e-mail address so they had no other means of communication but those old fashioned letters. 

When Jong-in turned 18, he debuted as a member of a famous boy group in South Korea. Even though he was a grown man and 4 years passed since Hirai-san's letter to him, he still kept a photo of hers in his wallet. His fans never saw the photo since it was behind a photo he had of his mother and sister. Jong-in knew he wouldn't be the successful person he was if he didn't meet Hirai-san. Hirai-san would draw dance moves on her letters for him and she always told him she hoped to watch him dance those moves personally.

Jong-in turned 20 when his group lost three members. He was so devastated but he didn't want his family to worry. He wrote to Hirai-san again, in hopes of a reply from her. After a month, he received a reply. He thought it was from Hirai-san but instead, it was from her mother. Jong-in wasn't sad though since her mother told him that Hirai-san was in South Korea to chase after her dreams. Her mother didn't mention the company but Jong-in was determined to find Hirai-san.

When Jong-in turned 21, he heard of a survival show and went to watch it himself. He was amazed by the skills of the trainees, and nostalgic because he remembered when he himself was a trainee. He saw potential in each of the girls but he knew only a few could be chosen to debut as a member of JYP's upcoming girl group. He watched every episode of it, until it ended. He was a fan of the girls and was looking forward to their debut.

During one of their rehearsals, Jong-in was called by the youngest member of the group, Sehun. Sehun asked him if the girl in Jong-in's wallet was the girl on TV. Of course, Jong-in didn't understand what Sehun meant. Sehun searched the girl on Google and showed him a picture of the girl he was talking to him about. Jong-in shrugged. A lot of girls might look like Hirai-san. Sehun told him to wait for the group's debut and judge for himself.

Jong-in heard there was a new girl group everybody was crazy about. He thought about how great the idea was to debut a girl group when MAMA was nearing. The girl group would last in people's minds and they would vote for this girl group. He searched for the girl group and was pleasantly surprised it consisted of the girls who were on the survival show Jong-in liked. Hence, he watched their music video and was impressed by the concept.

Jong-in searched on Naver who the members of TWICE were. He saw their basic profiles. Nayeon... Jihyo... Mina... Sana... Tzuyu... Momo...Jong-in shrugged before closing the app. He didn't know why but he knew he was going to look forward to this girl group, maybe as much as when he looked forward to Shinhwa as a kid.

When MAMA arrived, Jong-in went to the bathroom with Sehun. And that was when he bumped into a girl group member. He thought she looked familiar but maybe, it was because she was a girl group member. The member with the girl he bumped into stared at Jong-in and looked like she was about to faint.

"You're EXO's Kai and Sehun, right?" The girl gushed. "I'm a junior of yours, Mina from TWICE. And this is Momo, another member of ours."

The blonde girl, who Jong-in discovered was named Momo, politely bowed her head. When she lifted her eyes to meet with Jong-in's, her eyes widened. She shuffled through her pockets and found her wallet. She opened it and brought out an old photo. Jong-in thought it was a strange behaviour and gestured Sehun to squeeze them out of the situation.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Sehun bowed his head. "But we need to go. If sasaengs see us together--"

"Found it!" Momo said in Japanese before showing the two boys a picture. "Are you this boy?" She asked in Korean. 

Jong-in squinted his eyes to see the image clearly and realized it was a photo of him.

"How did you..?" Jong-in asked. Mina looked offended. 

"You didn't tell me you had a photo of little Kai!" Mina said. Momo smiled at both of them.

"You don't recognize me, Nini?" Momo's way of speaking suddenly became familiar. "It's me, Hirai-san."

To be continued...


A/N

I was supposed to make this longer but lols I was too lazy. I really ship these two and I know it's weird to ship these two since TWICE and EXO don't really interact with each other much. I just find it adorable if ever these two interacted. Especially when Momo danced to "Call Me Baby". Hihi <3