[MoonHope] In the Moonlit Night

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Requested by: -sparkle


“It’s my namesake, hence, I’ll always believe in promises swore on the moon. It’s childish but I’m still a child after all.”

“Then I’ll repeat my promise?”

“Just look at the moon,” she pointed at the brightest object on the sky before smiling at him. “And tell him what you promise me.”

“I promise not to forget you. Your memory will always be stuck with me even if I grow up.”

“I promise that too, Hoseuk.”

 

“Hyung?”

Hoseuk shook his head after remembering her. He hadn’t seen her in a while. He wondered where she was. When they were kids, they used to be together most of the time. They played together and just had fun together. They had the same dream, for their voices to be heard. Both of them jammed to hiphop songs his father used to play in their house. But everything changed when she had to go to Seoul because of her father’s job. They didn’t see each other since.

“We have to get ready for a performance on MBC. Remember the year-end concert?” Jungkook reminded the older. Of course Hoseuk didn’t forget the performance. After taking their first win with “I NEED U”, people seemed to notice them more and they were given a lot of offers, a lot of them they rejected though.

Hoseuk brushed his hair in a hurried pace and wore comfortable clothes. He was sure the make-up artists and stylists for them could make him look more presentable for the fans later on. He managed to finish on time and not last, since Yoongi was the hardest to wake up during his afternoon siestas.

“Aigoo… Byul Yi, where are you in Seoul?”

 

“Eonni!”

Hwasa screamed at the top of her lungs. Moonbyul, on the other hand, raised her eyebrow. Whenever Hwasa screamed like that, it was either she found something interesting or Wheein hid her favourite pair of heels again.

“What, Hwasa?” Moonbyul asked once she walked to the room where Hwasa was. Well, it was apparently their storage room where they put clothes that didn’t fit them anymore and old sentimental things which reminded them of their past.

“Who’s this guy? Who’s this guy?” Hwasa waved a picture in the air. Moonbyul managed to snatch it away from her and was shocked to see that picture in their dorm. She forgot she brought it in when they moved in.

It was a picture of her and her childhood love.

She remembered how she used to think about him all the time in her room. She remembered how he influenced her when she was a kid. She became the rapper she was at that moment because of him. She felt nostalgic when she saw the picture. She had a small smile on her face.

“So who is he, eonni?” Hwasa asked.

“The closest friend I had when I was a kid,” Moonbyul answered, pocketing the picture in her jeans’ pockets.

“Hey, guys, we have a performance at MBC! Year-end concert, let’s go!”

Both of the women heard Solar’s voice from the living room. Moonbyul and Hwasa shrugged and went out to get ready. MAMAMOO’s popularity was steadily rising. Even though they weren’t as popular as the other girl groups, they were slowly building up their fanbase. They were performing on different stages already; it might have been because of “Um Oh Ah Yeah” since the song was very different compared to the songs other idols made.

“Hwasa asked about him,” Moonbyul said as she entered the room she shared with Solar. Solar raised one of her eyebrows and smiled.

“Isn’t it nice to return to our past once in a while?” Solar said as she applied some make-up on her face. “I guess you’re wondering what he’s doing right now and where he is right now.”

Moonbyul shook her head as she sat down on her bed.

“He can handle himself alone. He is a man after all. And I know where he’s right now.”

“Oh really?” Solar frowned. “You never mentioned you found him already.”

“He’s all grown up, literally. He used to be shorter than me. And he’s already more famous than us. He’s such a famewhore until now,” Moonbyul laughed. “Ah, I miss talking to him.”

“Does he know you found him already?”

“Nah,” Moonbyul shook her head. “He doesn’t even know I’m an idol like him.”

“Do you plan on letting him know?” Solar asked.

“Destiny will decide if Hoseuk and I are supposed to meet.”

 

9 PM, waiting room for idols

Hoseuk was walking around the halls, trying to find out which groups he’ll have the same stage with.

The Ark…

LEGEND…

Romeo…

Red Velvet…

SNSD…

BTOB…

Beast…

Sistar…

Seventeen…

The door suddenly opened when he read “MAMAMOO”. Before he could process the situation, he was staring eye-to-eye with one member of the said group. She was obviously smaller than him. She already had her make-up done but her face was still familiar. At the same time, her face was foreign to him.

“Are you, by any chance, J-Hope-sunbaenim?”

“Ah, ne, and you are?” Hoseuk asked.

“Moonbyul, MAMAMOO’s rapper,” Moonbyul said as she offered her hand. Hoseuk shook her hand. He felt something familiar when she smiled at him and when he heard her name.

“Moon as in dal (moon in Korean)?” Hoseuk asked. Moonbyul felt something tug at her chest. Did he remember?

Moonbyul nodded.

“And our leader’s the sun, Solar,” Moonbyul chuckled. “And you’re hope? As in hee-mang (hope in Korean)?”

Hoseuk nodded. “I want to be a source of hope for everyone.”

“I want to guide people through the darkness of the night.”

There was an awkward silence between them for a moment.

“Do you want to drink coffee? I know a café near here,” Hoseuk offered.

“We could be seen together and you know how companies loathe dating scandals,” Moonbyul reasoned.

“Then at the cafeteria?”

Moonbyul nodded and before they both knew it, they were telling each other about their private lives.

It was like they were friends for a long time though at the same time, they were strangers to each other.

“I had surgery before because of a car accident,” Moonbyul softly held her chin. “I was in a car accident when I was a kid. It was really silly of me.”

“I know someone like that, from my past. She said she noticed the bug and didn’t notice the mini-bus coming,” Hoseuk shared. “I really miss her.”

“I miss you too, Hoseuk,” the words slipped from Moonbyul’s lips making her cover . Hoseuk’s eyes widened.

“Byul Yi? Moon Byul Yi? Wait… Moonbyul… Moon Byul. Oh my god,” Hoseuk suddenly realized.

“My cover’s been blown,” Moonbyul looked down with a defeated expression on her face. She then smiled at Hoseuk.

“It’s nice to see you again after so long, Hoseuk.”

Hoseuk enveloped her in a long embrace.

“You don’t have a clue how much I missed you. You should’ve told me at once. I hate you.”

“Well, that’s not how you should talk to someone older than you but I’ll let you because you’re Jung Hoseuk.”

 

 


A/N

Lol, one of my very few idolxidol stuff wherein they're not both guys and they're not both girls. Ahaha I honestly think, if BTS and MAMAMOO collaborated and yeah they'll have great dances and stuff since yes Moonbyul did choreograph Mr Ambiguous after all and stuff alkdasmnds Moonbyul's my bias btw ahaha 

And thanks for requesting, never expected anyone to request stuff and yeah ahaha orz I am so pathetic