[WooHee/ Wooshin X Hwanhee] Unseen Scars

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Hwanhee was an easygoing kid. He was always noisy. He often played around with s. He had an inborne talent in emceeing. He would casually crack jokes with s. He messed around with everyone. But even this sunflower had a few moments of wilting. 

None of the members knew anything about the depression he had. Ever since he started high school, Hwanhee was a clinically depressed kid. And none of the members ever noticed it. He never allowed anyone to shower with him. He never allowed anyone to see him because they'll see his scars. He may not have anything on his wrist. There might never be any marks found on his neck. But if anyone checked the inner part of his thighs, they'll see the years Hwanhee had been suffering. 

Hwanhee was very secretive about his high school life to s. His family was the only group of people who knew all about his illness. He would lock the door to his room whenever his roommate at that time was gone and do what he felt like doing. And after he began cutting, it became an essential. Cutting was how Hwanhee excused himself from crying. Cutting made Hwanhee feel better about everything, about every messed up thing he had in his life. 

But when Wooshin was looking through his clothes, trying to find something he could borrow, that's when Hwanhee's secret was exposed. Wooshin was calmly sorting through everything, trying to find the right pants for his shirt when he found bloody tissues in some of the jeans. Then he noticed the blood around the crotch area inside Hwanhee's pants. He was, of course, baffled. Hwanhee never appeared injured. He was all the same all these months. And nothing in the news said Hwanhee was caught in some kind of brawl. And Hwanhee was never the type to join any brawls. 

"Found something?" 

Wooshin was slightly startled by Hwanhee's presence but it wasn't obvious because of his eternally emotionless face. He turned his head and raised the pieces of tissue he found in the pockets of Hwanhee's pants. Hwanhee's eyes widened for a second and went back to their usual size when he thought of an excuse. 

"Nosebleeds, you know, it's common during summer," Hwanhee said with a smile resting on his face.

"How about this?" Wooshin raised the pairs of trousers he found. 

"Don't mind it," Hwanhee shook his head. 

"It's either you have wounds around this area or you're a girl and you have your period," Wooshin said, still minding it.

"Stop it, hyung," Hwanhee grabbed the pants from him. "It's none of your business."

Wooshin shrugged. 

"You're that type of person huh," Wooshin stood up. 

"H-Huh?"

Wooshin held Hwanhee's wrist and raised it so both of them could see it clearly. 

"No cuts on your wrists," Wooshin commented. He then pointed at the pants Hwanhee was holding. 

"But you cut your inner thighs," he continued. When Wooshin noticed Hwanhee's smile fading, he knew he was right. He always had this hunch whenever Hwanhee locked himself in his room. He also noticed Hwanhee's eyes every morning, as if Hwanhee woke up crying. The other members never noticed this since Hwanhee was always smiling but Wooshin noticed for a long time already. He just knew it was better not to ask. 

"Am I correct, Hwanhee?" Wooshin looked directly into Hwanhee's eyes. They were filled with sadness, with darkness, the opposite of what people expected of him. Hwanhee's smile completely disappeared and was replaced with a frown. Hwanhee's lively look was replaced with this cold look he had been hiding for all this time. 

"Yes, hyung," Hwanhee answered. "I've been... cutting," he continued. 

"I won't tell Jinhoo-hyung about this," Wooshin said. "But in return, you should avoid doing it."

"All of you say that but you know, I've tried. I also tell that to myself but I can't do it," Hwanhee's voice was filled with hurt. "I've tried, hyung. I can't."

Wooshin sighed before pulling Hwanhee in an embrace.

"I'm sure you need this more than anyone," Wooshin slowly patted Hwanhee's back. "You can cry. You have the right to cry. You don't need to tell me anything. I respect your privacy. I could help you stop. Instead of cutting, just come to me. I'll welcome you, even if I'm busy. I'll always have time with you."

Hwanhee was slightly shocked. Wooshin was always this bully but here he was, hugging him. Wooshin was cold and emotionless but he was showing this caring side to Hwanhee. Hwanhee didn't ask any questions. He just hugged back and cried into Wooshin's shoulders. He was so thankful he could release everything that day. 

He was so thankful Wooshin managed to open his eyes and see how much hurt Hwanhee was feeling.