Chapter 1

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Okay, boys, you’re all doing great but I know you could still level up that performance. Now let’s go! One more round! Go! Go! Go!” the choreographer ordered, clapping his hands loudly. The boys immediately stood up from their seats, all sweaty and still gasping for breath, and went back to their proper positions.

 

I sighed.

 

Can’t that guy see how tired the boys are?

 

They’ve been practicing for literally 4 hours and it’s already time for lunch!

 

I don’t even see anything wrong about their dance anymore. It’s perfect, synchronized, and in-tune. Why can’t he just give them even a few minutes of break?

 

Frustrated and not trusting myself to contain my annoyance anymore, I stormed out of the practice room.

 

The boys had been working so hard these past few days – really working hard. It’s May and after finishing their show, they’re now preparing for their next comeback with the title track Overdose. Turning day into night and night into day, they’d practice the same dance choreography for hours each day. I can’t help but pity them. Sometimes I’d just catch them sleeping in whatever kind of position – while eating, while in the van, while watching TV… They’d sleep whenever possible. They wouldn’t even eat sometimes just to get some sleep.

 

God, they’re treating them like they’re some kind of robots, I thought as I walked down the hallway.

 

I rode the elevator and pressed the button towards the main floor.

 

If that guy wouldn’t let them get their food, I’ll be the one to bring the food to them.

 

I headed straight to the cafeteria without further ado. Ordering the foods I know each member likes best, I sat on one of the vacant tables and waited.

 

I was fumbling through my phone when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

 

I looked up.

 

“Taeyong?” I blurted in surprise. I hadn’t seen this boy in ages!

 

“Hi, noona,” he said shyly. I noticed how his cheeks suddenly turned bright pink.

 

“Wow. Long time no see,” I breathed and then pointed to the seat opposite me. “Sit down.”

 

Taeyong immediately obeyed.

 

“You haven’t showed yourself in a while. I thought you’ve already switched companies,” I teased, chuckling slightly.

 

He rolled his eyes.

 

“Where else would I go?” he countered and continued, leaning on the table, “Besides, I really got some scary death threat. That’s why I decided to stay away from you, noona.”

 

This caught my attention.

 

“Huh?” I blurted, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. “What death threat?”

 

Taeyong laughed a shaky kind of laugh.

 

“After that day you first won your trophy, I found a somewhat mysterious letter inside my locker. It says, if I know what’s good for myself, I wouldn’t ask you out,” he explained, his eyes shining brightly in what I assume is excitement.

 

My jaw went slack.

 

“That’s what the letter says?” I demanded, disbelief pure in my voice.

 

Taeyong nodded.

 

“Brilliant, isn’t it, noona?” he asked, chuckling. “Who do you think would give me such kind of warning?”

 

Baekhyun, the name popped inside my mind automatically.

 

I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

 

“So that’s the reason I didn’t see you for so long?” I demanded, trying to change the topic.

 

I’m going to have to talk to Baekhyun about this.

 

Taeyong scoffed.

 

“Of course not, noona. I’m just kidding,” he replied smugly. “I wouldn’t be scared by something like that.”

 

I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Really, huh?” I challenged.

 

Taeyong seemed to be a bit offended.

 

“Seriously, noona. I find that letter particularly funny, to be honest,” he explained, sounding a bit guilty. I let him off. “Well, actually, I had been really busy these past few months. I’ve been spending quite a greater time inside the training rooms.”

 

He seemed to get into a deep thought.

 

He remained quiet for a few moments before finally continuing, “There’s really something I want to share with you, noona.”

 

I leaned my head closer, instantly alert. Nothing gets better than hearing someone’s secret.

 

“Just keep this to the two of us for now, okay?” he asked first, his eyes cautious. I nodded sincerely. I do know how to keep a secret. Taeyong leaned in closer to whisper to my ear, “I think I’m about to debut.”

 

I reacted even before I had the chance to stop myself.

 

“Really?!” I exclaimed, making the people seating on the nearby tables look at us. I ducked my head immediately, flushing red. “Sorry. Sorry. I mean, really? You’re going to debut? For real? When?”

 

Taeyong laughed and sat back comfortably on his seat.

 

“I’m not yet sure, noona. But I can feel it. They won’t ask us to work double time if they’re not planning to do so,” he spoke, his hand gripping his chin. “But if ever we do, I think we’ll be debuting as a group. Me and the other boys I’ve introduced to you before.”

 

 I nodded my head, clearly remembering each of them.

 

“Well, that’s good news, isn’t it?” I asked, smiling at him.

 

He smiled back.

 

“Yeah. We’ve been waiting so long for this, noona,” he replied.

 

I could almost feel his intense happiness and excitement just by listening to his voice.

 

Our conversation was interrupted when at last, my orders arrived.

 

Grabbing the bags, I stood up from my seat to leave.

 

“I better give this to the boys. They must be starving now. I’ll see you around, Taeyong,” I said as I bid him goodbye.

 

“That’s if you’re going to see me again, noona!” I heard him yell from behind.

 

I turned my head and yelled back, “Then show yourself to me!”

 

I was still laughing to myself as I pressed the elevator button and headed back to the practice room.

 

 

***

 

 

The choreographer glared at me as soon as he noticed the bags of food I brought the boys. Sighing and shaking his head, he went to stop the music.

 

“Fine. You may take your lunch,” he said in defeat. Grabbing his backpack, he stormed out of the practice room.

 

The boys exploded in fits of cheer and laughter as soon as the door closed shut.

 

“That’s our girl,” Kai said, patting my head proudly.

 

“You knocked him off without even uttering a single word,” Kris spoke, struggling to contain his laugh.

 

“That’ll show him,” Kyungsoo whispered almost to himself.

 

All of our gazes snapped into his direction. It’s not very unusual for Kyungsoo to show his evil side but when he does, it still feels a bit creepy.

 

“What?” he demanded, raising a perfect eyebrow. “It’s true that that man keeps on ordering us to practice. Like what does he think we are? We’re humans, for heaven’s sake! We get tired, too!”

 

Kai gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder, calming him down.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at him.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m not mad. I’m just saying the truth,” he explained.

 

In order to change the topic and break the heavy atmosphere, Sehun made the move.

 

“Food!” he yelled, pointing excitedly at the bags I’m holding. “What are we going to do without you, noona,” he spoke as he tried to grab the bags from me. I moved it away just in time and sat on the floor.

 

“You guys better stop flattering me and just focus on your food,” I scolded, carefully taki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter