Chapter 36 - How we met again

A New Beginning

Three years later

 

Hyukjae POV

Taking in the fresh air is great after all the training, the moon is reflected beautiful in the han river. Sitting back, I just take in this beautiful view, with no one really around the silence is also very comforting.

I hear someone heals on the concrete on my right and as I glance over my heart stops... Is that? I look back and she is walking towards the parked car, unable to make out her face I stand up, but I am too late to see her complexion as she gets into her car and drives off.

I pick up my phone and call Siwon “Hyukjae what is up?”

“Siwon..I.. I think I just saw Arian”

“She is back in Korea? Did you talk to her?”

“No I.. I think it was her? I didn’t get to see her face, but her build was like her, the way she walked, dressed”

“Mm It could be, but last I heard they were in America.. Maybe it was just someone that looked like her”

“You are right… I am probably just seeing things” Siwon tries to calm me a bit a down, but I feel the sadness taking over again. Even after three years I still can’t shake her off, I can’t forget her.

 

“Guys, lets have a toast to us! Thank you for working hard on this comeback and thank you for being here even after all these years!” Jungsoo toast to all of us and we celebrate our new comeback.

 

With the night going bye fast, I feel a bit tipsy. I haven’t drunk so much in a while, but the thought of Arian is making me want to drown my sorrows away. “Hyukjae, are you going home?” Siwon, wraps his arm around me and I nod “I called a cap”

 

“I can also give you a ride” shaking my head, I don’t want to head straight home. “That is okay”

 

Arriving at the spot, I wait until I see the car leave. As the bench is becoming clearer, I can’t help but reminisce about the first I met her. Walking closer, I see that someone else is already standing by the fence.

Should I go back? I came all this way. It will be fine. Walking closer, this person seems familiar. Wait. Walking closer, her hair is blowing with the wind. Her perfume blowing my way, just like the one Ari used.

 

Finally standing by the bench, the woman turns around.

“Hyukjae?” My eyes wide, I can’t believe this. “Ari”

And there we were. Standing still looking at one another in complete disbelieve.

 

“How are you” finally breaking the silence, we fall silent again after exchanging some small talk.

“Why are you here” looking down she gives a faint answer that she is here on business. Nodding along, I sit down on the bench. I am to drunk to handle this conversation.

 

“I missed you”

 

 

Ari POV

Ohh..As Hyukjae is giving me such a endearing smile, I can’t help but want to say it back. I have missed them. I have missed all of them.

“You guy’s new comeback is great, I really enjoyed listening to it” smiling big, he start to rant on about how preparing for this album was.

 

“You know after your letter, I didn’t think we would ever meet again.” Looking eyes, I can see that he was hurt by my actions. “Neither did I” smiling nervously he looks at the starts “But I am glad that I am here with you” he is? Not sure what to say back, my heart is skipping a beat. I shouldn’t.

“I should head back home” getting up, he nods. “Do you want to get a meal with the others? They would love to see you”

 

“Yes that would be great. My number hasn’t changed”

“that is a relieve” leaning back, he keeps his eyes on the view. He looks healthy, in the three years he doesn’t seem to have changed a lot.

 

Walking to my car, I am worried how he is going to get home. I know this isn’t my responsibility, but he is clearly tipsy. “Hyukjae” looking up, he gives such a big smile. “Do you need a ride” bitting his lip, he jumps up. “Yes mam, yes I do”

 

Riding home, I follow the navigation to his new address. He must have moved, a lot changed in three years. Putting on some music, he is leaning his head back. His eyes closed. I shouldn’t stare.

“We are at your place” waking up, he nods “Okay” trying to get out, his eyes move to my hands. Oh . Quickly putting my head down, I know it is useless. He has already seen my rings. Not saying anything about it, he tries to get out the car.

“Do I need to help you get up” Helping Hyukjae get out the car, he shakes his head “You should go home. It is already late” Watching how he is clearly struggling, I lock my car.

“Lets go, what floor?”

 

“This is it” leaning against his door, he enters his code “You are going to fall” Owh no, trying to hold him back. It is already to late.

Closing my eyes, we are falling down. Expecting the hard ground, I open my eyes slowly as that is not the case.

Holding me tight, Hyukjae took the hard fall. Just like.. No stopping my own thoughts, it is no need to repeat the past. His gaze holding mine, I have no doubt that he is thinking back to the same night.

 

“Are you hurt” Getting up, he shakes his head “Do you have some ice?” nodding, I take my shoes off and enter his house.

“Do you have some medicine kit?” Nodding he takes it out. Looking through it, he doesn’t really seem to have something for bruises. “Here is the ice” Taking the towel, I grab some ice and put it in the towel. “You should put this on your back” grabbing the towel he nods “I will”

Our eyes locking I don’t want to leave. I never thought I would see him again and now that I have, I want to catch up. But what is there to say. Hearing the door unlock, his eyes turn worried. Does he live together with someone?

“Hyukjaee!” Owh is that Siwon? “Siwon, how did you get in” hearing him falling silent, Siwon sits down on the couch. “Donghae let us in” Donghae? Finally noticing me, he stands up. Looking confused, he is looking worried in what I assume is Donghae’s direction.

 

“Ari” hearing Donghae’s voice, I greet them and they are looking in disbelieve. “I am here for some work”

“Oh, I am so happy to see you! You should have told me that you were coming” Siwon greets me so warmly and I am glad to see him too. Donghae is still standing still and is looking from Hyukjae to me. Puzzling it together.

“Why are you here” sounding hostile, I am taken back. Glaring back at him, I understand that he is taken back of seeing me here, but it is still taking me by surprise. “We bumped into one another. Hyukjae needed a ride and he hurt himself”

“Donghae, I am so drunk.” Letting out a chuckle, I grab my bag and walk to the door. “He needs to ice his back.” Putting on my shoes, Hyukjae and Siwon are telling me I shouldn’t go.

 

“Guys it was so good to see you, I will see you guys later” Getting out, I quickly walk into the elevator. Sitting back in my car, I finally take a second to process everything.

That was awkward. I need to shake this mood off and head home.

 

“I am home!” Yelling out, I don’t hear anything back. No one in the kitchen, no one in the living room. Heading up the stairs I hear that the tv is on.

“You are back home” Chung greeting me warmly he opens his arms for me. Sitting down next to him, this couch is really hard “This couch is hard, aren’t you uncomfortable?” shaking his head, he pulls me closer “with you beside me everything is great” chuckling at his own cringy comment, I scoff at him “Still with the cringy comments”

“Where did you go after dinner” telling him how I went to get some fresh air I bring up that I ran into Hyukjae and later into Donghae as well

“Yes we should have dinner with them” his calm responds he doesn’t seem bothered with the situation.

 

 

Donghae POV

Well that was an awkward situation. Still at Hyukjae’s place, he is clearly drunk and icing his back. I still can’t believe that he actually bumped into her. What are the changes. Come on.

“How are you feeling?” Siwon nervously brings her up and I sigh “I don’t know. She didn’t change a lot. She looks mature now.” Agreeing, they chat about how nice it was to see her as well

“Are you okay with having dinner with her?”

“I am” giving them a small smile. “Really?” nodding again, I take a second to open up “I didn’t expect to see her. But it is all in the past. We can move past it”

 

 

Or at least that is how I felt a few days ago. My hands sweating I am waiting in the car. What is Siwon doing. Finally in the car we drive to the restaurant. “We are here, Hyukjae is there as well” Getting out the car first, I see Leeteuk getting out the car too.

How do they look so relaxed? Getting into the restaurant first, I quickly pick a seat in between Hyukjae and Siwon.

Waiting for her I regret this dessicion. Why am I here. I don’t know what is going through my mind right now. I felt fine when I saw her, I felt kind of pissed. I just. Sighing, I hear them great her. Looking up I notice Chung first.

.