Chapter 17

A New Beginning

 

Hyukjae POV

Ari isn’t saying much and is this staring at me with a shocked and blank expression.  I feel bad now, but in the end it will be for the best, right?

“so you brought me downstairs to Donghae’s room to break up with me?”  She looks at me with a puzzled look and she isn’t getting the point...Or maybe..

“I brought you here to talk to you about super junior and to explain everything, but I..it just came o my mind..” I am still holding the letter she wrote for Donghae.. I look back at her she looks hurt but also puzzled.

“So you are ending it on a wimp, why?”  Her eyes are tearing up...I don’t want her to cry but how do I explain this?  Maybe being honest is the only thing that will keep me and her together and won’t make me lose her.

“I am not doing this because I just came up with this..” I show her the letter I am holding

“This made it all clear. I know how Donghae feels about you and how you feel about him. I still like you but I want you to be happy and if he is the reason for your eyes to twinkle I will let you go..”

In her eyes are the tears welling up.. I feel my eyes welling up as well.   

“I think we both have known for some time, but both don’t want to at mid it. We were like a couple, but now..”

“now we are more like best friends..”  She finishes my sentence and at the same time a tear rolls over her cheek..

“I really did like you, I still do..” My words seem to make all her tears fall...I feel that I am starting to cry as well and I sit next to her to hug her as tight as I can.

I don’t know how long we stayed in each other’s arms, but it seems like forever.. I still like her a lot, but Donghae makes her more happy than me. I am just afraid to lose her...

“You are not losing me Hyuk. From the start we have been friends.. maybe our relationship didn’t go like we planned and we hopped, but you have become my best friend and that wont change.” She hugs me tighter, she knows me so well. Hearing those words means a lot to me.

“You also wont lose me.. You are also my best friend.  I think we both known it was over for a while didn’t we?” It is hard to let go, even if we stay friends. Which we are, still the future changes for us now.

“I think we both did, we are still talking the same, but something changed..”  her tears dried up and mine have as well. We might have to head back, but I don’t want to yet. She also doesn’t seem to want to leave and we stay a little bit longer in silence holding each other.

“So what are you going to do? “ she looks at me “what do you mean?”

“well with Donghae? It is obvious that he makes you happy.” She looks away from me, it might have been way too soon to ask this, but I want to know. I might not like it at first but I will be happy for Donghae and her.

“I don’t know yet, I mean we just..” she looks backs at me, she still doesn’t want to hurt me..She doesn’t need to worry too much about it.

“I will be happy if you are happy. You don’t have to worry about me being hurt. I know he likes you a lot and you also like him.”

“should we just keep this to ourselves for a while? I did really like you and we did have a real relationship.. you guys are going back to tour right?”

“we are staying here for a few more days, but then we will be gone from the 8 to23 November. “

Somehow I am glad that she isn’t jumping right into a relationship with Donghae.. It makes me feel like she really was fully into this relationship, makes me a bit happier.

“we can keep it to ourselves for now, we will tell them when we are ready. By the way is tomorrow still on?” It is kinda awkward to ask, but we had planned to spend the next few days together.

“Oppa of course it is still on, now...now we are just friends..”

We might just closed a chapter, but a new one is starting  for me and her.

 

Ari POV

Me and Hyuk are still sitting in each other’s arms. It feels safe, it feels familiar. We are both starting another chapter... I feel sad but I am also relieved that I am not losing him. He must really care for me to let me go and let me be with Donghae... I just hope that I didn’t hurt him, I never ever want to do that.

 

We walk back to up stairs, it doesn’t really feel different than other times. Our relationship did really end a time ago.  We walk back in and I am nervous... Hyuk must have seen it and he nervously grabs my hand.. I smile at him, he makes me feel safe.

“okay lets go in..” “lets go in.”

We walk in and they all stand up and seem nervous.. “Well guys I hope you aren’t freaked out, but I am your best ELF from now on” I smile at them and they all run in for a group hug..

I am in the kitchen again helping, when Donghae walks up.. “Hey..” My heart starts to pound and like him I get nervous..

“Hey..” we are just standing a bit awkward, just staring at each other..

“Can I help you? “ he walks up and before I can answer he is already helping me.

“You are cutting it wrong” I laugh at Donghaes attempt to cut the vegetables. “Here let me help you”

I take the knife from him and show him how to cut it. Then Donghae holds the knife on top of my hands.  My heart start to pounds even harder..I look at him and I see him smiling with a embarrassed smile..

I like the feeling that I am getting right now, but it feels wrong for Hyukjae.. I slowly let go of the knife. “You get it now” I smile at Donghae, he seems a bit disappointed but he also seems to understand.

We are all done eating and it is getting late.. I am so tired of today and I just cant wait to be home. I look at Kyu and Cho and they are in their own world. They seem happy together and that makes me smile but also sad. I look at Hyukjae, we haven’t really talked to each other since.. Since we official broke up, it hasn’t been awkward between us and not really anything has changed, but I think we both just some time apart. Every time I look at him I feel like crying...

I just closed the door and I am about to leave when Leeteuk comes after me.

“Ari where are you going?” I don’t want to turn around.. I know when I do, he will see that my eyes are filled with tears... I slowly turn around and try not to cry.

“I am going home.” He looks shocked and walks up to me.

“what happened?”  I know that Hyuk ad I wanted to keep this a secret, but if Leeteuk knows he also will have someone to talk too.

“Me and Hyuk...We broke up..”  I see Leeteuk face turn a bit sad and he comes up to hug me..

“are you feeling okay?”  he lets go to see if I am crying..I feel like crying, but I am keeping the tears in for know..

“I am okay..I think that our relationship ended a time ago, but we both didn’t want to let go yet.” I feel a tear fall down and he hugs me again.

“even so It must not be easy..”

“Leeteuk oppa, promise that you will be there for Hyukjae, talk to him. We both agreed not to tell anyone yet, but I feel it would be good, nice for him to have you to talk too. “

Leeteuk seems touched by my words, I suppose he always knew how I felt for Donghae , but he didn’t knew how much I cared for Hyukjae.

“I will take care of him. “

I hug him and I quickly leave, when the doors of the elevator close I see Leeteuk still standing there. While the door closed I feel my tears fall..

 

 

*A week later *

Me and Hyuk are meeting up again today, we have seen each  other pretty much every day and we still talk every day. It feels nice knowing that not really anything has changed.  Leeteuk has been taking care of Hyuk and he has been telling me that Hyuk was really sad, but he wants me to be happy and he is happy that he and me are friends and nothing has changed.

I ran the door bell of Hyuks place, we planned to stay in today and watch a movie. The past week we have been mostly out.

“you are here!” Hyuk opens the door with a smile on his face and I walk up to hug him “Hyukkiee”

“we are leaving tomorrow.. “ he walks back into the room with a scale off popcorn “did you make this?” Hahaha I laugh at hyukkie, all the time we spend together he didn’t cook for me once.

“I did, taste it” I take a bit and it does taste good, but to I pull a face.. hyuk looks shocked and tastes one for himself. “it doesn’t tastes that bad. “

“does it really taste bad?” I laugh at Hyuk expression “no it is great! I am just teasing you”

Hyuk looks at me first with a hurt look but  laughs at me in the end.

“I will miss you..When are you guys coming back?” Hyuks stops the movie to turn back to me.

“I will be back in 23 days..” 23 days..that is so long.. “that is long..” I smile weakly at him, I will miss him..I will miss Donghae...

“come on don’t look so sad.. I will be back before you know it” Hyuk hugs me and we play the movie again.

 

Hyukjae POV

I have been sad, but also happy.. I am glad that Aria told Leeteuk about our break up, I really needed someone to talk too. We are now back on tour and me Donghae and Leeteuk are now in Switzerland. I always wanted to go there and I am so excited.  I haven’t told Donghae yet, that we broke up. I should but I don’t really know how too.

“tomorrow is the last day that Donghae is here. “ Leeteuk is right, but how am I suppose to tell him? I just want to ask Leeteuk how to tell him when Donghae walks in

“What are you guys talking about?” this is my change.. I should just tell him.

“we were talking about Cho and Kyu, that they are a cute couple” Donghae starts to smile and agrees with us.

“they are really cute, but so are you and aria” he says the last thing with a weak smile. 

“we are cute indeed, she is a good friend of mine. But you two are cuter” I look at him and he looks back with a puzzled look. 

“what do you mean? “ Donghae doesn’t seem to understand what I mean  “me and ari we aren’t together anymore we are just friends. “ Donghae seems surprised and worried if I am hurt.

“Don’t worry about me, we are still the amazing friends, just like before. Nothing really chanced”

The silence that falls after this, is just awkward. We all don’t know really what to say.

“she likes you, don’t waste any time.”  I hug hae and he seems happy to hear my words. Like I suspected before I lost her to hae...

 

“hyuk I need a honest answer from you.” Donghae looks me straight in the eye and I know that what he is about to ask must be very serious.

“I like her, I am in love with her.. I don’t want to hurt you, but I..” I smile at the words coming out of his mouth, they also break my heart, but he loves her and he wants to make her happy and that is all that I want.

“Hae, I want her to be happy and you as well. You two make each other happy, if you are sure that you love her. I won’t stop you, I will help and support you.”

Donghae left for Korea today and I know that he is going to see Aria. I am glad for him and her, but somehow it also hurts a little..

 

Donghae POV

I cant wait for the plane  the land, I am so nervous to see Aria. I am glad that Hyukjae is supporting us, that means a lot to me. I cant wait to see her, tonight I am going to ask her.

First I need to make some arrangements, I need flowers and.. I should call her first.

“Hello with Arian “ I love her voice…My heart starts to thump harder…

“Hey Aria, it is Donghae”

“heey what’s up?” okay count to three.. Just ask if she has time.

“what are you doing to night?” the silence is nerve racking…

“I am free “ okay this is great news..

“Okay, good.. So am I, can I meat up somewhere?”

“yes I would like that”

 

Okay, I am like a little kid right now… I am so happy! I should change and get everything ready.. this is a new start.  A new chapter for me and her…

I am so nervous, I am standing here alone.. waiting for her to arrive… I have everything planned, when she comes here, I am going to surprise her. I hope she will like it.. I asked her to come with a taxi, so I can drive her back.. I should have picked her up, but I had to work.  I think she is coming, yes it is her. She looks amazing.. Thump..thump… My heart is going crazy..

“heey “ she smiles awkwardly to me, she seems so shy.

“hey, you look amazing” she blushes by my words.

She takes my breath away. I can’t stop looking at her, she gets a little red and smiles embarrassed.  I have waited for this for more so many days. I grab her hand slowly and her eyes widen and she smiles. We slowly start to walk and I am so nervous.. we are getting closer and closer... I have never felt so nervous. We aren’t talking, but it isn’t awkward. It is comfortable, its  nice.

“we are almost there”  I can already see the three and the bench, I hope she will like it. She shivers and I pull her closer. I can feel her hart pouting as hard as mine, it makes me feel a bit more sure.  I love this feeling..

“Come we can sit here” I make the bench clear for her the sit on.  “it is lovely here” I love her voice.. I love everything about her. We sit next to each other and we look at the leaves falling from the trees and the moonlight shining above us. This is perfect... I get up and get the rose out of my jacket.. oohh luckily it is still whole.

Okay this is it, I cant screw up. I turn around and Ari is sitting there looking at the falling leaves.. She looks beautiful in this moonlight. Hyukjae asked me if I was sure that I am in love with her, for a long time I didn’t know what this feeling was but now I do. It is crystal clear..I am falling in love with her.

“Aria “ I hold my hand up for her to grab and she takes it with a smile. I hold her hand and we are standing under the three.

“close your eyes” ari looks at me with a smirk but does what I am asking of her. I hold the rose now in front of her. Should I kneel down? I am just about to sit down on one knee when she opens her eyes.  Her eyes start to twinkle when she sees the rose and falls open.  

“Ari, I have been wanting to ask you this question for a long time” I kneel down on one knee and her smiles start to grow wider and wider, at the same time are her eyes twinkling and eyes are welling up.

“would you like to be my girlfriend?”  I look at her, she seems to be out of words, she grabs the rose and she tries to say something..Nothing comes out of , but she is shaking her head up and down... I feel my heart drop..She said yes.. I get up and hug her as tight as I can, she hugs me back and I twirl her around.

“Yes, Yes I want to be your girlfriend”  she is still in my arms..I am never letting her go, I have waited too long to hold her like this.

I have waited all my life for this feeling, I have searched  for this. All my life I wanted someone to love, someone to spend the rest of my life with, now..Now I have found her and I am never going to let go of her..