Chapter 25

A New Beginning

Chapter 25

Siwon POV                                                                        

"Siwon any idea for a house warming gift?" Me and Hyuk are waiting downstairs for Donghae. I still can see Ari's face clearly when Donghae told her that he is going away again. 

"I have no idea..." 

"I didn't know that your and Ari's dad were close friends."

"Yes, I was also surprised. Apparently they have known each other for quite some time now. " 

I look over to Hyuk, he seems to be worrying a lot about her. more than he should. You just have to look at him, look at the way he talks about her, protects her and especially the way he looks at her...and then you know, you will see that he still loves her. Even though he is trying to fight it, to hide it, to bury it, he can't.... 

"You must love her a lot, don't you..." Hyukjae looks up to me and he looks shocked..

"Wh-What do you mean? " 

"Ari, you must love her a lot. " I pause..."You love her so  much that you even gave her up. You stepped aside so that she could be happy with another man. You scarified your own happiness for that of her." 

I look at Hyuk and he is just staring into the void... not focused on anything.

"When we broke up..I did it because the feeling was gone. The feeling that I wanted sorted out, that was gone.."

"Is that what you tell yourself? The way you look at her, that is more than that. " Hyuk is shaking his head, this makes me angry. How can he just give up on her, on what there is between them. I know it has been months since they were a couple but still.

"So are you trying to tell me that you are protecting her because you are friends. That you hold her until her tears stop because you don't love  her! That you know more about her than Donghae does because she doesn’t love you and you don't care about her! That when she was hurt, the one hurting the most with her was you, was all because of a friendship!?"
I try to calm myself down, how can he be so stupid. "Are you saying that you don't love her! That you are doing all of this because you are friends! Are you saying that the feeling is gone and just friendship! "

 "Yes! I still love her!" Hyuk turns around and his eyes are filled up with tears. "I let her go, not only because it was gone...I let her go because I loved her..Because I love her."

"Is it still gone? "

"No...No... it was never gone, I just forgot.... And now it is too late, too late for me and her. " he wipes his nose and blinks his tears away. "Siwon, I know that you are rooting for me and her, you always have, but listen to me. It might hurt me to see them together, but when I look at her and the look on her face, the look in her eyes. I know that I made the right decision. I will love her, but I will love her from a distance until it fades away or gets forgotten again."

"Hyukj-"

"Are you guys ready to go?  We should hurry otherwise we will be late."  Donghae comes down and I stop talking immediately. We walk to the car and Hyuk is avoiding my eyes. 

He is such a fool....If he still loves her, he should tell her. I don't know why, but I have the feeling that she still likes him as well. I don't know, in the end I don't know what I would do if I where Hyuk... 

*                                                                                                      *

We finished the event and are now all back stage, I am really curious how Ari home will look like. Probably really dusty since she hasn't lived there since she came here.  My phone buzzes and she has send me a text, oohh to all of us. She is inviting all of us to come, that is sweet of her. I should get her a gift..But what?  

"Siwon, do you want to buy a gift together? " Heechul walks up to me and it seems that I don't have a choice, I don't mind thou... 

 

Hyukjae POV

I look at my phone, once again I am going through our pictures... I have been doing that a lot lately. I thought that I was hiding it well, but I was wrong. Siwon noticed, what he said..I don't know, should I say something to her? Or will I than just be running our friendship, I don't want to lose her. I also don't want to come between her and Donghae, they are cute together, they love each other, but... I don't know anymore...  

I look around and most have already left to buy a house warming gift, I see Jungsoo hyung walking over to me. He wraps his arm around me, it is just us two. Even Donghae is gone... 

"So should we go and buy some food?  We can buy chicken and bring that to her new home? " 

"That is smart Hyung, also something to drink then" this is exactly a good idea. Teuk hyung came luckily with his car so we are by the store in minutes. 

"Should we also buy some candy?"

"yes she loves candy" she loves candy as much as I do, we used to eat lots of it when we were together, watching a movie or just talking.. So many memories together...  "we always used to eat candy when we were together..We still do now..." I see hyung looking at me and I quickly grab the candy and walk to the cashier. 

*                                                                                                             *

"What do you think that they will do now?"  

"What do you mean Hyung?" 

"Well, Ari and Donghae. They live together, but now that Ari has her home back...What will they do? Will he move in or will they start to live separate? "  

"I don't know..." Hyung is right, they live together, but now... "Maybe they will just live in both? Like having two homes? " 

"Mmm...That is possible. I do hope that they will stay together though.." 

"Why? Do you think that they will break up because of this?" 

"No no..That is not what I mean, I hope that they will continue to live together." 

We stop our conversation because there are some girls standing behind us with their phones in their hands, we take some photo's with them and quickly leave to get to Donghae and Ari  condo. I just hope that the girls didn't hear us talking about these two. 

"Should we leave the food in the car?" I look at Teuk hyung and he nods, we will be coming back anyway. We quickly go upstairs and it seems that everyone is already here. Cho is also here, I walk over to her to greet her, she is by Kyu side and they look cute together. 

 

"Are you guys ready to go?" Ari speaks up and everyone heads downstairs, I wait for Aria and pull her into a hug. 

"Are you nervous?" 

"A litlle bit.. I am curious to how everything will look and if everything will be in one piece." 

"It will all work out and if it is a mess I will help you clean it all, we will all help you. " 

"Thank you, Hyukjae." 

When we reach the parking lot everyone is already in their cars. 

"Do you want to drive with me and Teuk hyung? " She nods and walks with us to the car. She gives the address to Teuk hyung and he leaves first and everyone else follows.

"Stop fizzling your hands." Ari is sitting in the back and she looks nervous. I grab her hand and even though it is uncomfortable for me, I want to support her. "Everything will work out." 

 

And I guess I was right. We arrived at her home and it is enormous, enormous.... We are all standing in front of the gate and just looking at it with open mouth... This is unbelievable...It looks amazing and so big, I look at Ari, Donghae is standing next to her and he is holding her hand. I feel a bit jealous but I am also happy for them.

"Okay everyone...We are here..I think, it will probably be a mess in there, so I am sorry for that, but I am glad that you all came. " She smiles and we wait for the gate to open. 

The gate opens and the first thing we see is cars and cars... My mouth falls open, this must be heaven...These cars are amazing, we all walk to her home and everyone is surprised to see the amount of cars that she has, unbelievable. 

 

Ari POV

I am so glad to see that all my cars are intact, they are all covered so they are not affected by the weather. I am so grateful to the person how covered them. We walk up to the door and I look up, this house is enormous, it is smaller than the home we used to live in. But this is also meant for me alone and not my whole family. 

I hold Donghae hand closer, he was so surprised seeing this home and all my cars. His expression was so cute. 

"Are you ready?"  I nod and I open the door. The key works effortless and the hug door swings open. I step inside and it looks amazing. It is what I always liked for my own home. 

I walk further in my home and everyone also gets inside, I can hear them gasp and they close the door. I walk further inside and it looks amazing here. It is really big and surprisingly it isn't even dusty in here. I walk to the living room and it is huge. It is also filled with a lot of boxes. I turn around and everyone is still in the hall way.

"Are you guys staying there?" They all focus back on me and follow me to the living room.  

I look at the boxes, no one has lived here, what is a relieve. I open one box that is in front of me and this one is filled with pillows. I can put these on the couch  for now,  the couch is also protected and I pull of the protecting layer of and lay the pillows down. Looks good, the leather is a good combination with the coloured pillow. 

"You guys don't just stand there, you can sit. make yourself comfortable. 

Everyone starts to move and remove the covers of the chairs and other couches. I clear the table and Donghae is helping me, we put the boxes down to the ground and everyone puts on the table what they brought for me. Is  so kind of all of them, they didn't had to do that.

"Ari, we brought some food. Do you maybe have some glasses and plates?" Hyuk and Teuk are standing front of me with their hands full. Glasses, plates? 

"In one of the boxes, give me a second." I look around and walk to the kitchen.. My mouth falls open, it looks amazing. I will love cooking, sure of it. I open a box and I find the plates and glasses. I bring them to the others and Hyuk comes immediately to help me. 

"Thank you oppa~" We give some to everyone and Teuk also helps, everyone is happy and eating. It is nice to see everyone enjoying themselves.  

" Thank you all for coming again and I am sorry for the mess. " Everyone is happy to be here and I am really glad that they are.


We are all enjoying ourselves and having a good time, we all go silence because Siwon is getting a call, he walks to the kitchen and we continue to talk. 

"Ari" Siwon walks up to me and he is holding up his phone. I don't get it?  "Is my father on the phone." 

I can't hear him clearly so and Siwon tries to talk louder, but everyone seems to notice and they go quite. 

"What did you say Siwon-shi?" 

"My father on the line, he wants me to put him on speaker. My dad is together with yours, they want to talk to the both of us. "

Siwon puts his phone on speaker and everyone is looking at us confused and in full anticipation.

"Dad, Ari is standing right beside me." 

"Ahh, thank you Siwon. Arian, nice to meet you, I am the father of Siwon. I am a close friend of your father he is also here with me now."

"Ahh.. Nice to meet you too mister Choi. "

"Arian, is your father here." "Aah Dad, how are you?"

"Yes, I am doing good. We  would like it if both of you would come to join us to dinner now. " 

I look over to Siwon and he just as surprised as I am. I don't know what to say, I look at my phone and it is still early. I look at Siwon and we both know that we can't refuse.

"Dad, we would love to come. If you could send me the address, we will  come as soon as we can."

We hang up...How are we ever going to do this? I look up to Siwon and he is also clueless.  I can't send everyone away..How long would it take this dinner, not to long I suppose. Since all my clothes are here, I can chance easily. 

Everyone is looking at us, I am still not sure what to do. 

"Should we go?" Hyukjae stands up and he is asking what everyone is thinking. 

"You guys don't have to go, we won't be gone too long. " I hope that I am not making a mistake with this. 

"Ari, can I wash up here?" 

"Yes of course Siwon, upstairs I think."   Me and Siwon are starting to walk upstairs..But maybe "If you guys want you can also come with us upstairs. I know you are all curious~"  everyone starts to laugh and they all stand up to follow us upstairs.    

It is so big, I am even getting lost...Which one is my room?  There is the guest room, the toilet. Another toilet... another guestroom.. Oomg...A walk in closet, it is so big...

"Omgg I love it!"  Cho walks up next to me and falls over.  

"Thi...This is your closet?" I laugh at her expression

"Yes it will be, wait when everything is in here."  the boxes are still closed, I can't wait to put everything up. 

I walk out of my closet and into my room. It is so big... I look at the bed, wow...It is amazing, the bed...King size, it is from wood and it is so large... Amazing.. I look further around, it is big. My own bathroom.. Amazing.

"Ari, I found the bathroom, I am going to freshen a bit up. " Siwon walks into my room and he is amazed by how big my room is. I nod at him  and he leaves. I should also get ready.

"Cho do you want to help me pick out something to wear?"

"Of course!" 

I think we pick the perfect dress, it took some opening boxes and bags, but we found it. Cho and I are walking back to my bedroom and everyone is gathered there. They are look back at us and they all go quite.

"Siwon-shi, do you think that this is alright?  " Siwon has put his suit back on and we match. I smile at him and he smiles back at me. 

"I think it will be perfect." 

I know my father likes to eat at fancy places and I already looked up the address so I knew I had to put on something fancy as well, but I didn’t want to overdo it so I choose for a navy blue dress, it falls nicely and it fits amazing. 

"You look amazing"  Donghae walks up to me and gives me a kiss.  

"Thank you oppa~"  

We all walk back stairs after everyone mentioned how beautiful everything is and how big. Heechul even joked that we should have a sleepover one day, but I actually really like that idea. 

"Siwon should we go?" I put on my pumps and I am now almost as tall as Siwon, well almost. 

"Wow you are now 10 cm taller. " I stomp him, yea yea rubbing it in that I am small...

we walk out of the door...So many cars..I am finally able to drive them again. I quickly go back inside and find my volt, it was ecaptially easy to find it. I open it and take out the keys to my Bentley. I quickly go back outside and everyone is waiting, I press the button and the doors go open. Everyone is staring at me with a disbelieve.  I smile awkwardly and hold up my key...

"Siwon we can go in my car. Do you want to drive or should I?"  Siwon eyes widen and he looks eager to my key. I suppose he is driving, I hand him the key and we walk to the car. 

"This car is amazing...." We stepped in and Siwon loves it. 

We drive off and everyone waves as us as we spear of to meet our parents. I wonder why they want to see us. There is nothing wrong with it, but it is a bit strange.

 

Donghae POV

Ari and Siwon are gone and we are all back inside her insane house...It is so big! it is unbelievable, her cars also....Wow... We are all sitting down again and finishing the food. I am not really hungry, would she mind if I open some of the boxes?  I suppose not, since she also wants me to move in. I was really afraid that she would move out and we wouldn't be living together anymore, luckily that is not the case.  

I will start in the kitchen to unpack. These boxes have been here for so long, but everything is still intact. I open a box and it is filled with plates, spoons etc. I don't know how she wants everything ordered... Should I do it like it is at our home, or better said our other home?  I will just do that, if she doesn't like it, I will help here change it. 

"Do you need some help?" I am almost done unpacking every single box in the kitchen when Hyuk walks in. I nod and he starts to open a box as well. 

"Her house is amazing isn't it?"

"Yes I love it, it is so huge...Unbelievable. " 

we continue to clean everything, I am glad that Hyuk is helping me it makes everything go a whole lot faster.  They haven't been gone for long, but it feels like forever. I was happy that we had still a few days before I had to leave again, but... Yea... Even now we are apart, I hope that they will come back soon. I want to spend some time with her before I leave...At least that is what I had planned. 

"thinking about her?" Hyukjae hits me on the shoulder and scares me.

"Yes...This isn't exactly what I had planned for tonight or had hoped for."

"Aren't you glad that you guys can spend some time together and you can see her home together for the first time?"

"Yes.... I am really happy that we are now spending some time together, but I wanted to spoil her. I wanted.. I don't know, I am happy that I am here to see this with her, but still.."

"you just wanted to be with her so you could say a proper goodbye, didn't you?"

"Yes...."

"Donghae..I know it is hard to be apart, that you have to work a lot, that you have to fly around the world. But you don't have to spoil her to keep her love. She loves spending every second with you, you don't have to worry about her leaving you over this."

I can see that Hyukjae means what he is saying and he is really the only one who can advise me on this...Partly because he is so close with Ari and knows things that I don't know yet and also because he dated her too...

"Thank you Hyukjae.... Thank you for saying that to me." He smiles at me and we walk back into the living room where everyone is having a good time. I love it that everyone is laughing and enjoying themselves, but I feel a bit guilty just sitting her and laughing with everyone. I look back at the boxes, you know what I am just going to unpack as much boxes as I can before she gets home. I don't want her to do this alone when I am out of town. 

I am busy unwrapping things when everyone gets up and helps me, some get a broom and start to clean the floor and other are doing the dishes. I smile, it is nice to see that they are helping. 

*                                                                                                             *

"Okay guys, here is something to drink and to eat in our break." We have been working for a long time and it has been a blast but also really exhausting... There is still a few boxes to do... We have placed everything like we thought she would like it, Ari does have really good taste. I wonder when she will get back, I really hope soon... 

 

"Donghae come sit down we found the TV. We are going to watch a movie"  I look at the TV, unbelievable...everything here is big... 


"Donghae where are you going?"  

"I am going to call Ari, Hyung." Heechul nods and he turns the TV a bit lower so I can call her, we have watched already a whole movie and she is still not home. She usually sends a text that she has arrived safely, but this time she didn't. I just want to know that she is safe. 

I just hope that I won't be disturbing anything. 

 

Ari POV

We arrived at the restaurant and it is indeed fancy, I wonder why we had to come. A business deal?

“Are you nervous? “

“I am a bit nervous Oppa and you?”

“Just a little bit, but don’t worry. I am here, so you can lean on me.” I smile at Siwon words and we walks inside.  It is filled with people, there is such a long line for table and we just go and stand on the end. We both don’t really know what to do.

“Miss McClain.” I hear John voice and aah there he is. He walks up to us, of course he is here.

“Miss McClain, Mister Choi. Please follow me your parents are expecting you.”

“Who is he?” We follow John and Siwon stops me to whisper something to me

“That is my dad’s bodyguard, his name is John.”

We follow him and we can see that everyone is looking at us, I apologize and Siwon does the same.

 

“Sir McClain, Choi. They are here.”

“Thank you John. “ John walks off again and we walk up to our parents. I haven’t seen my father is months and now twice on one day... I sight, time to put on my best behaviour. I look over to Siwon and he is doing the exact same thing.

“Father, Mister Choi”  I bow to mister Choi and after I bowed to him he holds his hand up to me. I carefully shake it, he might be one of the first to do that.

“Nice to meet you Arian. Please do sit.”

“Hello Father, nice to meet you mister McClain.” Siwon bows to both of them and is told to sit next to me. The food looks delicious..

“I didn’t knew that you two knew each other already.”

“Yes father, we met on the plane and have been friends ever since. “

“That is nice to hear. Ari have you seen your home yet?”

“Yes father, We just came from there. It is amazing, thank you. “ It is still so weird to talk to my father in Korean. But I don’t want to exclude everyone so I will speak in Korean. Even when I think about it we haven’t spoken English in a very long time.

“Really?  Ahh I am glad that you like it. If there is anything you need let me know. And before I forget, we also flew Rosa over so she will cook for you clean, everything she also did at home.”

“You flew Rosa over?  Ahh is that why nothing it isn’t filled with dust? “My father nods, now I understand why it was so clean. I feel bad for Rosa though... She know has to live her because of me..

“Siwon I heard that you are a singer.” I tense up...where is he going with this. Speaking of that, I should text Donghae.

“Yes I am, I am in the band Super junior. “

“Ahh, together with Donghae. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk?”

“Yes, but we have more members as well. “

I take out my phone and just when  I am about to text him my father speaks up

“Arian how are you texting?”

“I just wanted to let someone know that I arrived safely.”

“Donghae?” I nod and seeing the look in his eyes  I quickly put my phone away.

“You know Donghae, Arian?”

“Yes mister Choi, I know Donghae.” I look at my father face and he ...Ai..

“They know each other well, they are dating. “ Mister Choi looks surprised.

“Really? “ I nod and in contrary to my father he smiles about it. “Donghae is a good kid. “ I smile at him and I can see that Siwon is also smiling. “ I hope you two will last long.”

“We will see about that.” I look up to my father, I am certain that he is going to do something to make us  break up.... I have to convince him that Donghae is amazing.

*                                                                                                             *

We have been here longer that I planned and it has been really nice to meet mister Choi, but I really want to go back now.

“Father, mister Choi. Thank you both for inviting us, but we have to go now. “ We both stand up and bow to them.  I give miser Choi a hand and he smiles at me. He is such an amazing man, now wonder that Siwon is great as well.

“It was nice to meet you Mister Choi. “

“The pleasure was all mine. Do come and visit me some other time again.” I smile at him and after saying our farewells we walk out to there.

“Your dad is really amazing.” We are waiting for my car to arrive and Siwon is smiling at my words.

“Thank you, your dad is also..Also.”

“He is something... You don’t have to lie to me.” I hold his hand and he smiles embarrassed.

My phone rings and it is Donghae calling me. I look at Siwon and he knows how it is.

“Oppa~”

“Ari, are you okay? “

“Oppa, I am fine. We are now heading back home, before you know it we will be back.”

Siwon leans into me “ I forgot my phone inside I will be back soon.” I nod and he quickly goes back.

“Okay, I can’t wait for you to be here. We still have some time to spend together.”

“Ahh Donghae...You don’t have to worry about that.  I will be back soon, okay.”

“I..Okay.. Arian..”

“Yes oppa...”

“I love you... I love you a lot.” I smile at his words, I am just doubtful for the reason he is saying it.

“I know...” I know this isn’t the right answer, but I.. I can feel just over the phone how disappointed he is.  “I love you too.”

“Okay, see you soon sweetheart. “

“See you soon, oppa~”

I hang up  and Siwon is still not back. Ooh wait here he is. He walks up to me but he looks like he saw something bad...

 

Siwon POV

Donghae is calling Ari and we must have been away for some time. What time is it now?  I am looking for my phone, but I can’t find it. Maybe..Did I leave it inside?  I suppose so.  I lean in to Aria and whisper in her ear that I forgot something she nods and I quickly walk back inside.

They let me in without a problem and I am hoping that they are still there. Luckily they are, they didn’t heard me coming, should I nock?

“You don’t seem to positive about Arian dating Donghae. “

I hear my father talking... I should nock but I want to know what her father thinks about them together, both of them deserve to know.

“I am not..I don’t know what to think about it.” Her father really isn’t positive about it.

“Well I have known Donghae for a long time and he is an amazing kid. He is sweet, kind, he has a good heart. His heart is really in the good place. He must really love and care about your daughter. “

“ that might be, but... She isn’t someone how can just marry or date. She needs to be with someone of the same standard. Someone with the same wealth...”

“Isn’t it important that she is happy?”

“She will be happy. She can’t marry anyone, especially not someone who is in a band. No offence to your son, but my daughter can’t. She isn’t just someone, she is going to inherit everything.  She needs to marry someone  of her level.”

“So you want to marry her of? To enrage her marriage? “

“Yes I do. And I think I already found the one.”

“Already? Before or after you learned that she was dating Donghae.”

“ We have been talking about this for a while.”

“ We? You and Stella? “

“Yes, we have been talking about it. Even before she left for Korea, but after hearing that she is dating some..Some..” Her father stops talking and he breaths in.. “We have been talking more about it lately and she had an good optional for her.”

“Really, who is it and have you set up an date yet? And when are you going to tell her?”

“Yes, we have set up a date, but we still have to tell her. Stella and I married and we had a son before that. She wants to ensure his and her  safety and their future.”

“How does she want to do that? “

“Through this marriage. She has a cousin and I am thinking about marrying her of to him. That way our families will be really together.”

“Well, is he of the standards that he has to be?”

“He has a good family and he isn’t stupid. He doesn’t has the wealth or the connections, but he will be good for it. There is just one thing... “

“ Don’t tell me he is a singer.”

“He is.. He is also in a boy band, but I am able to overlook that fact because he has a better background. “

“When are you going to tell Arian that? “

I can’t believe that..I can’t believe this, her father is doing this to her. He is..How can a father do this. He doesn’t even give Donghae a chance. If he saw them together, he could see how much he cares for her. I am still of the opinion that Hyuk should say something to her, but he shouldn’t force her to marry someone she doesn’t love or care for.

I nock on the door and they stop talking. I walk inside and bow to them I quickly grab my phone and leave again. I tried to act as normal as I could, but I am glad that I am out of there. I couldn’t look her father in the eyes. I have to act normal, I don’t want her to see it. I don’t want her to know yet,

I walk up to Ari and she is hanging up and looks up to me. I must still look shocked she is looking worried.

“Siwon oppa, what is wrong?”

“Nothing..” I try to smile at her, the car arrives and we step in. I should get more control, I take a deep breath.

We arrive back at her home and she still is looking worried at me. I hand her, her key back and Donghae is already at the door. He runs up to Aria and spins her around. How am I ever going to tell them this..How am I ever going to tell them that they don’t have a future together.

How...