Chapter 23

A New Beginning

 

Chapter 22

 

Leeteuk POV

I look over to Aria again, she is saying  goodbye to Donghae’s mom and  his brother. She still looks sad. When I bumped into her, her eyes where sad. I suppose hearing from Donghae that we have to perform and that he will be back the 6 of January really hurt her this time.  

“come with me” I hold Ari’s hand and take her away from the others. “How are you feeling?”  Her eyes get a sad look, I feel bad for her. She has been waiting for days and now he is leaving again.

“I am okay”  I rub my thumps softly on her hands.

“I have a surprise for you” She looks at me with a question mark “We are leaving for China to perform, but you are also coming with us”  Her eyes lit up and she doesn’t seem to believe me.

“Wait...What? You...” She is thinking for a second and then looks back up to me “Oppa!” She jumps and gives me a big hug “Happy birthday” and I spin her around.

        

“Okay...What should I wear?” I laugh at Ari, she dragged me with her to change. I study her dress...Donghae really has good taste. I really tried all night long not to stare at her, she looks amazing in it, her figure everything.

“What do you think of this?” I quickly look away from her body and back at her face. She must have noticed since she is all red and blushing.

“Let me have a look” I slur her into her closet to choose what to wear.

“you have so many clothes....This is from Hae right?”

“Yes that is” she smiles at my comment and is a bit embarrassed. I playfully go with my hand through her hair to let her know that she shouldn’t be.

She really does have many clothes...I think that everyone else already left and we still here. It is hard to choose, everything is great...

“What about this” It turn around and she is holding up a leather jacket.. Wait...I got that for her! I smile at her and hold up some casual blue jeans

“It would go great with this.” I wink at her and she winks back..ah so cute~

“You can always go shirtless you know..” I teas her, we are now choosing which shirt and oh boy...

“Hahah you wish. Next time, lets go for now for this?” I will remember that! Hahah I face her and she is holding up one of Hae’s shirts. That would exactly go well together I nod at her and leave so that she can change.

“Ari...are you mad with Donghae? “ I am nervous for this answer and it also goes quite...She quietly walks back in. I sit up straight, she looks great...

“Now are we twins” She holds up her arm and point at my jacket. She is right, now we are twins. Wearing the same clothes, like..Like a couple... I need to shake off those thoughts and ask the question again. Ari gets her shoes and sits next to me.

“I am not mad at him...But when he told me I just...I was just sad. We haven’t really had time to spend together and not really enjoy living together and now he is leaving again. More than that, I don't want to spend new year’s alone... “ She is done putting her shoes on and puts her hands in her hair..

I feel bad for her...They really didn’t have time to enjoy the first days of moving in and living together, more than that hearing the words alone... I am glad that she is coming with us, I also don't want her to be all by herself. 

“But you know, I am glad that I get to spend new year’s with you guys and...I am also glad for Hae that he will have some time to relax and just do nothing. “

 

I still can’t believe how understanding she is....She truly has a big heart. Unbelievable. We are now in the elevator on our way to the car.  I still don’t like that fact that she will be entering the new year alone...Maybe we can spend some time together?  I look at her, she is puzzling with her hands and looks not really sad anymore, more lonely.

I grab her hand and she looks up to me. “You know, I don’t really have anything planned for the next days. We can spend them together?” I am nervous for her answer, what if she says no?

“Oppa~....I would like that.” She smiles and seems to get even more enthusiastic about it. “You know what we could do. Watch thousand of movies, cook. “ She stops to grab my arm I look at her “You good sleep over! We could hold a sleep over!” She smiles widely and continues to talk about the next couple of days.

I look at her, she looks so happy about the fact that we will be spending some time together. Sleeping over... I smile, I love that idea.. I am looking forward to that, to the next week, to tomorrow. 

 

“Should we get in the other car?” I look at Ari and she nods. We are waiting for the car, do I have everything? I check for my passport yes I have it.

“Do you have your passport?” Ari gets it out of her back pocket and shows it to me. I grab it and look at the photo

“Are you were so young!” she quickly takes it back and pouts at me. “Aah cutie~”

“It was only 2 years ago....” She tries to get it back into her back pocket, but it doesn’t fit anymore. I grab it and hold it in my hand. But wait..Not long ago? She is looks like she is 18 on that photo.

“How old are you now then?”                       

“I just turned 21” My mouth falls open...21...

“21?” She doesn’t seem to understand what is so bad about it. 21.... The car pulls up and I help her get in before I do.

“21..” so she is born in 1993...1993! I was born in 1983, 10 years different.... Ari must have heard the weird noises that I am making and is looking concerned at me.

“I was born in 1983” I see her eyes widen “Yes our age difference is 10 years”

“wait... You are born 1983.. Is everyone so old?” I know that with everyone she means Donghae

“Donghae was born in 1986, also was Hyukjae and Siwon” She seems to be calculating now.

“You don’t mind your best friend being this old, right?” She looks at me with a look..

“I do. “ I smile at her. She smiles back and gives me a hug “Of course I don’t! Don’t be silly Oppa”

I scoop closer to her so she can rest her head on my shoulder and but my arm around her. She looks likes she is in deep thoughts, I don’t know what she is thinking about, but she doesn’t look happy at all.

“What are you thinking about?”  she moves deeper in my arm and start to fizzle with her hands

“My dad...” she takes a deep breath “He hasn’t called for Christmas or for my birthday or for new year’s.”

I don’t really know what to say to this. I hug her tighter and she understands. I feel bad for her, I also don’t understand how a father can neglect his own daughter so much, especially one like Ari.  I rest my head on hers, I don’t get how...

*                                                          *

“I will head out first or do you want to go first?” We arrived at the airport, but we forgot the fact that we can’t be seen together. 

“Yes, you can go first. I will wait here.” She smiles at me. She doesn’t really have anything to cover her face with and some know what she looks likes. Maybe I have a cap in my bag. I go through my bag and there is one. I try to make it look a bit more pretty and hand it to her.

“I saw that you were trying to cover yourself with your scarf. Even though it looked really cute, it think that this will help more” she takes my head and smiles at me. She puts it on and it looks great on her.

“How does it look?” she adjusts it and I takeout my phone to take a photo of her and one of us together.

“You look amazing~”   I sent our selfie and a photo of us two in our group app. Is it wrong to make them a bit jealous?

“Okay, you have to go and stop taking pictures. The  rest is waiting for you” Ari laughs at me and pretends to push me out of the car.

I take one last picture and then step out of the car. I quickly hug her and walk up to the rest. The fans are already taking pictures of us, I am glad that I gave Ari my cap.

“You don’t have to brag about you close friendship.” Kangin shoves me and I laugh. I really made them jealous.  After Kangin shoved me and the rest complained Hyuk walks over to me.

“How is she?” He must have seen that she was a bit sad.

“She was sad, still is. But she understands. “

“Really?  She truly is one of a kind” 

We walk to the airport and the fans are there, so many...Is always amazing to see all of them.

“Does Ari have something to cover her face with?” Hyuk walks next to me and talks as soft as he can “Yes I gave her my cap. She will wait a little and I think she will come then together with Cho”

We get past the doors and are now waiting for the girls. At least we can talk more openly now. Everyone is talking, but I cant stop thinking of Ari. She looked amazing today, her dress was perfect for her. I take out my phone to look at our photo’s. We do really look like a couple wearing similar things. I start to blush thinking about that. I know we will never be, but if I ever get in a relationship, I hope that it will be with a girl like her. She is one of the rare.  The door go open again and there is Ari with Cho, seems that they made it through safely. I am glad to see her again, she also smiles at me and walks over to me.

 

Ari POV

I see Jungsoo-oppa and I am so happy to see him. It is so nerve-racking to walk past all of them. I  think some recognised me, but I am not sure. I am just glad to see them, with them I feel safe.  Cho walks over to kyu and I walk over to Jungsoo-oppa

“Thank you for your cap, it really helped” I give him a hug and he holds me tight. I love that he gives me such hugs.

“No problem at all.”

“Uhgg..” We hear someone coughing and we break apart. There is Donghae standing a bit awkward, seems that Teuk oppa understands what he means and he squishes my hand before he goes. Talk about a awkward atmosphere, Donghae is standing awkwardly before me. Seems like he is contemplating what to say, he is fizzling again with his hands. Is he that nervous?

“I..” I look at him, he doesn’t even look me in the eye. What does he want to say to me?

“I’m sorry” He looks down  to the ground and it seems like he is going to cry. Does he think that I am mad at him? Or that I blame him? I shouldn’t have been so hard on him.

“Oppa...”My voice chokes up and I grab his hand “You don’t have to be sorry, you did nothing wrong. I am sorry for being hard on you. “

“I am sorry that I made you sad, it is okay for you to be sad or..” I stop him and pull him closer and he looks at me. “don’t...” he looks surprised by my words.

“You can come with me and Hyuk to America.” He puts his arms around me and pulls me even closer.  “It will be amazing and..”

“Donghae..” I put my arms around his neck “You go, together with Hyuk. I will wait here and when you come back, I will be here. Standing, waiting for you” I smile at him and he is smiling back.

“I hate fighting with you...” Even though it is not really fighting, I don’t like this. That.

“I know, lets not, I hate it too.” Donghae ticks my nose and leans in to kiss me.  I kiss him back, but then  Jungsoo  comes in between us.

We both separate and I don’t know why. I look at Donghae and he also doesn’t understand it. But then we focus on his gaze, we both follow it and I can feel Donghae tensing up next to me. The doors are open  and all the fans can see us. They are looking at us and some are surprised and others are taking pictures.  I freeze up and look at Donghae he looks shocked, I quickly let go of his hand and turn around.

“Jungsoo-oppa...” I turn to face him, I don’t know what to do. Donghae takes my hand again and pulls me back. I look at Jungsoo again, what should I do. I look back at Donghae and he strikes my face softly. He must see that I am looking scared and  he holds my hand tight.

“Arian, don’t leave. They know and I am happy they do. “ I look to the ground and pull my cap a bit more onto my head. Donghae lifts my head up and removes the hat and gives it to Jungsoo.

“Ari, you mean the world to me. I want to show you to the world...”  I smile at him and he ticks my nose again. He looks me straight in the eye and holds my chin “I love you”  I smile at him “I love you too”  He kisses me and I can hear all the fans scream and taking pictures.

 

This is a really nervous situation, the doors are still open and it seems that there are some technical errors. Donghae is still holding my hand and staying close to me, he is also nervous just like me. Everyone is nervous, I am glad that no one seemed to notice how close Kyu and Cho were, everyone is just focusing on us.

“Donghae they need you for something” Jungsoo walks up to us together with Hyukjae. Donghae kisses my hand before he leave and they stay with me. I chuckle at Donghae silly face.

 “You look nervous” Hyuk really knows me well, I tried to hide it as much as possible. He takes my hand like he always does. Always... My heart starts to thump faster by him holding my hand and going over my hand with his thumb. I look up to him and he stares right back at me.

“What do you think of our ‘couple look’?” Jungsoo wraps his arm around me and we break our gazes.

“You two look great” Hyuk laughs, but when I look at him his eyes change. They become softer they..

“I know right!” I quickly look away from Hyuk and also but my arm around Jungsoo. I carefully look at Hyuk and he is looking to the ground, is it my imagination or does he look sad?  I study his face and he notices me looking at me and looks back at me. I feel caught and look away immediately, I feel myself getting red.  I feel nervous, I shouldn’t but I do, why? That feeling...its back.

“whaa” Someone wraps his arms around me, lifts me up and twirls me around.  I turn and I see Donghae smiling at me. I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him. He twirls us around and when he puts me down Hyukjae and I gazes meet. I look away and he looks sad, I bury my face in Donghae shoulder. I cant feel this, it is back... I thought.. I can’t, we can’t, we made a choice a decision.

“Are you ready for this?” Donghae takes my hand and I know what he means. All of this,  the fans , the world. I take his hand and give him a kiss on it. “I am..” His smile grows bigger and we go to the plane.  I look over to see Hyuk... I should stop... I look back at Donghae, he makes me happy. I take a deep breath and hold his hand tighter.

 

*                                                                                                                                                       *

There performance was great, the fans also loved it. I really tried to focus on their concert, but I was more thinking about what happened at the airport. Won’t he get in trouble for in?

“Ari! “ Jungsoo walks up to me and I give him a hug. “what did you think? I was amazing right.” I hit him hahah that fool. “What are you worrying about? “

“Oppa, what happened at the airport. All the fans saw us and they took pictures. At first they just thought we were friends, but now...”

“Now they are certain that you are a couple”

“Won’t Hae get in trouble for this? I mean look at Sugmin. I don’t want that to happen to Donghae, not because of me.”

“Ari..”He takes my hand and sits me down. “The situation is different. I don’t know what will happen, but he doesn’t want to hide you from anyone. Not from anyone, he wants to tell who you are and he isn’t hiding it, he isn’t even trying to and that is what they appreciate. “

“What are you guys talking about?” Donghae stands in of us, I jump up to hug him and Jungsoo leaves.  Before he leaves I mouth Thank you to him. I am grateful for what he told me, I believe him, his words really make me feel a bit more relaxed about this situation.

“Happy new year Oppa~”  I give him a kiss and he starts to chuckle. “Happy new year”

We are heading back to the airport and I am looking forward to the next days, even though I am sad that Donghae will be gone I will have time to spend with Jungsoo. I go to Cho and I put my arms around her, I really missed her. We haven’t spend much time together lately, both busy with our own lives and since we don’t work or live together anymore it is a bit hard to find time to spend together.

“You guys go first we will wait here and come later” It is already crowed at the airport, unbelievable how loyal their fans are.

“No~, you are coming with me and Cho with Kyu.” Donghae is firm about this and I know that he wont give in.

“Oppa, there are a lot of people” I try to stop Donghae from walking and look at the rest of the boys they all look a bit helpless and amused.

“Donghae oppa~” He finally stops and turns to face me. “Ari, you  are my girlfriend. I am not going to hide you. “ He takes both my hands and  my heart flutters by his words.

“Oppa, It makes me happy that you want too, but you. We still need to be careful, I don’t want to hurt your career.”

“You aren’t. Besides..I might have already told some Elfs that we were dating and that I wanted them to tell everyone.”

He did what? I can hear everyone going silence.. He...He is waiting for my reaction and I can see his face drop. I...”Oppa..” he looks up to my eyes and is nervous. I don’t know how to answer with words so I lean in to give him a sweet kiss and before he can kiss me back I pull back.

“Won’t you get in trouble for doing that?”

“Trouble? Trouble for loving you?” He chuckles and pulls me closer “Nothing in this world will stop me from loving you. I am willing to pay any prise to make you happy, to be with you.”

I put my arms around his neck, my eyes are welling up and to stop me from crying he pulls me in for a hug and puts his arms around me to hold me tightly.

“I love you...” There are no words that can match what I feel, but looking him in the eye he seems to understand what I feel and what I am trying to say.

“lets go” Donghae takes my hand and we let the others go first. I am so nervous, what if they are mad or something else. I hold on to his hand as tight as I can. Donghae seems to notice that I am becoming more nervous with the minute.

“oppa” We stop and I look at him, I cup his face with my hands “Are you sure?” Donghae  puts his arms around me and pulls me a little closer “I am absolutely sure, let’s start a new chapter.”  I smile at him and he leans in to give me a sweet kiss. “Don’t let go.”

It is so crowed. I am holding on to Donghae’s hand tightly and he is holding me real close. The fans are surprised to see us together, but they are enthusiastic. They are taking a lot of pictures  and asking for my name. 

The fans start to push a bit forward and trip on something, I let go of Donghae’s hand and stumble down to the ground. The second I let go of his hand he turns around, he sees me fall and rushes over immediately. The security is trying to stop him, but he doesn’t let them stop him and pushes through them to get to me.

 “Jagi, are you hurt?”Donghae kneels down next to me. I can hear everyone gasp at his words and at his actions.

“Oppa I am okay” Donghae stands up and lifts me up, but instead of letting me go he holds on to me. I look him in the eye “I am okay oppa” He lets me go and grabs my hand and this time let me walk in front of him.  My knee hurts so much, every step gets harder. I  am trying to walk as normal as possible. I don’t want Donghae to worry about me. We are now past the doors and I feel my knee giving in.

“I got you.” Donghae is on time to catch me and is holding me tight. “does it hurt badly?” 

“No, it hurts just a little bit.” I smile at him, but I can see that he doesn’t believe me.  “Oppa I will be okay, that wasn’t even a big fall.”  

 

Donghae POV

I pulled Ari on my lap, even though she is trying to pretend that she isn’t in pain, it is written all over her face. I lean my face on her back and she puts her hands on mine.

“Donghae did you call your mother?”

“Why? “

“It is new years, you should have called your mother” Ari moves to face me, I take out my phone. She is right, I should call my mother. I totally forgot to call her, I was so busy with other things. I was focused on how to tell the fans about us, I know that the company doesn’t want me to tell anyone, but I am not going to lie to them. I told some fans and asked them to tell everyone and I don’t regret anything.

I pull Ari closer and hold my phone up “we are face timing my brother, he is with my mother.” She nods and rests her head on mine. We look so cute together, I hope that Hyung will take a photo of his screen.

“Can I talk to your mom for a bit?” Ari looks at me and I hand her the phone, she gets up and walks a bit away. I look at her, smiling at my mother and talking with her. That makes me happy, they get along and that is all I ever could wish for, I am so glad that my mother likes her.

*                                                                                                                                                       *

“You should take this as well!” Ari is shouting something from the closet, but I can’t really understand  what she is saying. She is helping me pack and that is so sweet of her. I quickly grab my phone charger and walk to our bedroom, there she is, with her hair in a bun and in sweat pants. I lean to the doorpost and just look at her, I will never get tired of this. Seeing her like this is amazing, it is something I always wanted. Still can't believe that I finally found someone, someone to spend forever with.

"You should also pack some warm clothes, a scarf. This sweater." she holds up one of my sweater and already put my scarf on my 'taking pile' "No, this one won't go, I will use this one. " she chuckles and puts it on our bed. On my tip toes I walk to her and give her a surprise hug.

"You can use all my clothes" I love seeing her in my clothes, today when she wore my t-shirt. I loved it... I chuckle, I should go and buy some new clothes.

We are almost done packing and it is also time to go, I grab my tooth brush, this is the last thing and then I will go. I put it in my bag. Ari is putting on jeans, I am glad that she decided to come with me to the airport. Would there be fans waiting? I am curious what they are all saying about us, I told some elfs that we were a couple and that I wanted them to tell everyone, would they have done that?  

I take her laptop and start to google it. There it is! I found it on tumblr, a whole post about us, it is about the first time they saw us at the hotel. They even have pictures, also when we were at the grill. I look at the photo's, I am giving Ari her watch and we walking together to the car, kissing. They also included what happened that day, one of the fans must have told them. I scroll down the photo's and there it is, what happened today. I see photos of us at the airport and I start to read the text.

 "What are you reading? " Ari goes with her hand through my hair and sits down next to me.

"I am reading about us" She looks nervous "What are they saying?"

"well I read a post about us on your birthday, the fan said that I took care of you and that you were really sweet and nice, that you took the photo's for them. Also that we kissed and that we looked in love. I also read my announcement." she leans her head on my shoulder and is smiling, It must really make her happy knowing that they like her. "They also wrote that I said that we were a couple and they are really positive about us. They really want to know more about you and see more of us together."

"Makes me happy to hear that" she is smiling and rest her head on my shoulder.

"I can stay.." I don't want to leave her, Hyuk will understand 

"No, go. come we have to drop you off" She stands up and holds her hand up. "Okay." I hold her hand and grab my bags and keys "I will drive. "

 

We arrived at the airport and I see Hyuk and a lot of fans. I hand my keys to her, we took my car so that she can drive back. They saw us coming and are waiting for us to get out, it is just that we both don't want to. It isn’t like we won't see each other again, but it  will be weird. Not able to see each other every day, to fall asleep in each other’s arms. I step out first and grab my bags, Ari also got out of the car and is waiting for me, I hold my hand out for her and she takes it with a smile. 

We are starting to walk to the airport when she stops and I turn around. I tell the others that I will be there in a minute and Hyukjae also stops beside me. It seems that he understands what she is doing, I don't know why she is stopping, but somehow he does..He gives her a warm hug and leaves. 

"Have a nice trip, oppa" I still don't get it, my flight isn’t leaving yet... "I am not coming in." so...This will be goodbye? I won't see her for 6 whole days... I know it isn’t that long, but it seems like forever. 

"Have a great time and take a lot of pictures I will do the same." She is smiling, but I can see that she is sad. I nod at her and I shake her hand and turn around and start to walk to the others. I don't want to cry, I don't want her to see me cry. I turn to look at her and she is still standing there.. She looks up from the ground and our eyes meet, I drop my bags and run up to her to hug her. 

"I will take a lot of pictures, I will have fun and before you know it I will be back" I rattle and I start to stumble over my words. Softly she cups my face. 

"It won't be long, have a great time, oppa" I hand her my keys and before she turns around I kiss her. like every kiss the world stops and I lose my breath...As we break apart I tell her to go and she gives me a quick kiss and walks away. I am still standing here, waiting to see her drive by. There she is, she ways and blows me a kiss and then drives off. I smile, I will miss her... it is just 6 days but still. I turn around, grab my bags and walk to Hyuk. He puts his arms around me and together we walk to the airport. 

 

Leeteuk POV

"You are going to pick me up?" I am packing some things and at the same time talking to Ari. It is harder than I thought to multitask

"Yes I am going to pick you up, I will be there in like five minutes" Ari hangs up before I can make any more protest. Wait, 5 minutes! I should hurry.

 

"You were here way sooner, more like 2 minutes" Ari is already here and I am still not done packing. She is laughs 

"I will help you"

I am glad that she came to help me, it went faster with her helping me. I am now checking if everything is closed and we are ready to go. 

"I love your place by the way" She is standing in the hallway waiting for me, it is the first time that she came here and I am glad that she likes it.

"What do you want to eat?" We are in the car and she must have heard my stomach grumbling

"Chicken" I look at Ari and she seems to agree. "Do you know where to get some?" 

"I do" I tell her the address and how to get there. "okay, lets first go home and drop off you bags and then we can go and get some food" 

 

We dropped of my bags and are now heading back to the parking lot. I really don't know how she keeps her house so clean, I try to and I fail every single time. 

"You don't want to take Donghae's car?" we past Hae's car, are we taking another car? 

"Yes, we are going with my car" Her car?

"Your car?" we stop in front of a Lamborghini, wait this is her car? Ari is getting in,  this is her car..Wow...Totally forgot how rich she is. I get in and it looks great, this seat is amazing. 

A lot of people are staring at us, how wouldn't you don't see a Lamborghini come by every minute. I point out a spot for her the park and we get out of the car, people are still staring and I believe that some are recognizing me. I also see some pointing at Aria, maybe they also recognize her? that could be possible, we quickly order some chicken to take with us and go back to the car. 

"Can I have a picture?" A fan walks up and holds her phone up. I don't really know what to do, I put the chicken in the car and when I turn around I already see Ari talking to her, she waves me over. Donghae was right, I know she once took pictures for the fans but I never thought she would do that again or talk to them.

"Okay, Jungsoo oppa you should smile." She winks at me and takes some pictures of us, she even takes it from different angles. I try not to laugh but it is too cute to see.  The fan thanks us and is so grateful to Aria

"You are really sweet" I put my arm around Ari and we walk back to the car, some other fans show up and start to take pictures. I quickly help Ari get in the car and try to cover her as much as I can. “Let me drive” She hands me her keys, I can see that she is frightened.  More fans are gathering and taking pictures, I am glad that Ari is already in the car, I quickly get in the car and wave at the fans.

“Don’t be nervous we will be out of here in no time.”  I grab Ari’s hand and squish it, she seems to relax some more and I quickly drive out of there. Ari stops holding my hands so tight and starts to breathe again.

“Thank you”  I smile at her

“Let’s make an unforgettable time “

I am looking forward to the next days, I am sure that we will have a great time. I am a bit nervous though, we will spend 6 days together day and night. What if it just makes my feelings grow stronger? I shouldn’t think like that, I try to put these thoughts away, just focus on the next days. It will be amazing.