Chapter 31

A New Beginning

Donghae POV

I wake up with a terrible head ache. I get out of bed only to be reminded of the dream of what now seems to be a nightmare. I take the picture of us two from my nightstand, we looked so happy here. I put it back with a deep sigh. So far for moving on, I can’t stop dreaming of her, I can’t let her go… I still love her… but... 

My phone goes off and oohh , I am late for practice. I quickly take a shower, put on some clothes and run out the door. Wait, I quickly grab an apple and run out the door. Reminded of what she always used to say, she is gone, yet everywhere. 

 

“I am so sorry I am late” I am all out of breath but the guys are all watching television. I look at Hyuk and he seems shocked but almost happy even. “What are you guys watching?”

“I am not sure how to tell you this Donghae” Jungsoo hyung looks worried at me and he just points to the television where the headlines are saying

“Arian McClain, heiress of McClain kingdom and Kim Junmyeon, better know as Suho of EXO call of their engagement” I read it out loud and I can’t believe it

“A bit too much don’t you think? Way too long, and Kingdom? It is just all too much, why is this headlines anyway?” Heechul tries to lighten up the mood, but I turn the tv louder, I want to hear everything they have to say. Gossip or not.

I take it all in, her father released a statement saying that the wedding will not take place, the engagement has been called off. No further details on the why though. I close my eyes and sigh, thinking back on when we were cuddled up on my sofa. Ari telling me everything saying she will convince her father, rushing out the door to meet him. What did I do, accuse her of spending the night with Hyukjae. I try to block the thoughts out for now, I can’t do this right now. After all that went down yesterday. All I said, it was all true, how I feel. But right now all I can think about is how she is doing. If she is okay, she keeps on getting being thrown back and forth, who knows maybe the next contender for marriage is already waiting outside her house. I take out my cell phone, should I give her a text. I know I  said I won’t see her again, but in this time… Ooh I don’t know what to do.

“Hey, are you okay?” Jungsoo puts his arms around me, but before I answer I look at my phone, seeing a text from Ari ‘Donghae oppa don’t worry, I am fine.” A little chuckle escapes me, she must have known that I would be worried, confused whether I should contact her or not. I feel my nerves calm down a bit, she is okay. “Donghae?” I look at Jungsoo and the rest and I nod “I am okay”

 

We have been practicing the entire morning, but I am really up to a break we all are. I go out and see Junmyeon standing a bit further, on the phone. Seems like an intense conversation

“I will be there in an hour, is that okay?”  I know that listening in on his conversation isn’t correct but I can’t help it. I feel the boys standing beside me as well and we are all looking at him “Okay I will see you in an hour Ja-“ He stops and he seems to swallow the words down, he is talking to Ari then “I will see you then.” He hangs up and sees us standing there

“Hi” We greet him and I am not sure what else to say to him. “Are you okay?” Jungsoo does the talking for us and we see Junmyeon looking down

“You guys saw the news then. I am all right.” He gives us a small smile “I have to go, I have some things to do” He leaves, going to see Ari. I know this must not be easy for the both of them, it seems that he hasn’t slept at all last night. I hope that Ari doesn’t look as bad as he does.

 

Ari POV

I am all alone at home and the entire night I couldn’t really sleep. Everything happened so fast yesterday, so much so..I think back to Donghae, the thing he said. Everything he said. I get up, right now I can’t think about it. I have to take care of so many things. I turn of the tv, I have had enough of  the entire media talking about us blowing off our engagement.

“Have you been listening to that the entire morning?”

“Wah!… Junmyeon you scared me” I put down the remote and he gives me a small smile “I didn’t mean to scare you.” He looks down “How are you?”

“I..I am okay” I stop to study his face for a second and he look so tired “How are you, seems like you also didn’t get to much sleep”

“Yes I didn’t sleep to well and just like you, I am okay” we just look in silence at one an other, we don't need to say how we feel to each other. We already know.

“Do you want to grab a cup of coffee?”

“Did you make the coffee or do you want to go out and get it”

“Lets get out” He smiles at me and I nod “lets go out.” We get into one of my cars and I ask him if he knows a nice place and he gives me an address and we are there before we know it. We both get out and the little place Junmyeon suggest looks really nice and at this hour isn’t to busy.

“How did your parents take the news?” We are both enjoying our coffee and in the time being here we haven’t spoken. Every word seems to heavy, inappropriate

“Your father told them earlier that day that our engagement will be called off.”

“Ooh.. I am happy that they did find out that way,  did my dad explain why?”

“Off what my parents told me, he explained it to them briefly. He told them, that this was all part of Stella’s plan and he is calling off the engagement. With the terms off how and why to be discussed later, to release to the press”

“I am sorry that you had to find out that way, or your parents” I want to apologize to him, but he makes me stop “Ari for me we broke our engagement off, it was something between us two. We can just see it as luck, we are lucky enough that they aren’t forcing us to get married none the less of the fact that we aren’t in love anymore”

“That is a nice way of thinking about it.” He gives me a genuine smile “I would like to think about it in that way” I give him a smile as well

“Did you know that your father was releasing a statement about our engagement this morning?”

“No I didn’t, I woke up to the horror of it all. Otherwise I would have let you know”

“I know..” He looks down, before looking eyes with me “It was hard, wasn’t it? Seeing it all over the news, have everyone around you asking you questions, talking about it.” He looks hurt and I nod

“Especially because you are not really ready to admit it. Or understand when it all went wrong”

“Probably when I suggested we buy a house” I let out a chuckle at his comment

“No, that was just a symptom. Ooh now you have mentioned it, we should probably tell them that we are not going to take the house”

“You are right we should. Although since it is all over the news, I think they might already know. But indeed, still the polite thing to do”

“Exactly, shall I just call them?”

“No we can go over a time together, maybe today or some other day. We don’t have to do everything today, lets just take everything one day at a time.”  I nod and he seems to be thinking over something again “Where do you think that we went wrong?”

“I wondered about that a lot. I know we tried to make it work even though we already knew that it wasn’t going to. We both probably didn’t want to admit that we were done.”

“I know, We both tried and it is okay that it didn’t go as we wanted too. I also wondered why and when we started to derail… Did you come to a conclusion? Why we went wrong?”

“I bickered about it a lot, at first I toughed it was really important to come to a reason why or the exact time we drifted apart. But now I see that it isn’t important to know why or when. It is to be able to look back onto your relationship and be happy with it. Being able to share some happy moments.”

“Seems like you thought about it for a long time” Junmyeon gives me a satisfied smile “I did think about it for some time”

“Don’t” his response shocks me a bit and he takes my hand and squeezes it lightly “Don’t stress yourself out figuring out. When I look back at our relationship, we had our ups and down, but every single second we spend together was perfect in his own way. Don’t stress to much about it” I don’t really know what to say to him, so I give him a smile.

“Come lets go” He pays for our drinks and we head back out again, taking in the fresh air.

 

“Ari, how should we proceed with things? We arrived back at my place and he is now standing awkwardly beside my car looking at me.

“I am not sure, should we talk things out?”

“Like I said before, don’t worry about it. We already have” He smiles once again “Maybe should I already pack my things?”

“Why don’t we wait with that a little bit longer” He nods and he seems to be doubting to say something “Just say it”

“I saw Donghae when we spoke on the phone”

“Ooh, what about him?”

“He looked worried and not worried about me. Maybe you should let him know how you are doing?” I open my phone and I see that he has already read the text I send him. This morning when I saw the news for the first time I contemplated wetter to send him a text or not, but I knew that he would worry so sending one seemed like the right thing to do.  Knowing that he won’t send one to me, feeling that it wouldn’t be right to since all the things he said. I  knew sending one to him would make him feel a bit at ease. A lot more at ease, it was my way of saying that he doesn’t have to worry about me.

“I will, thank you”  

“I have to go, rehearsal.. We should later sort things out about how we are going to proceed things”

“Okay, we will. I hope your rehearsal will go smoothly.” He waves at me before leaving and I head back inside..

this entire castle just for me, it never felt more empty than it does now.  But maybe for now that is exactly what I need to get my mind straight, after everything that happened.

 

“dad, how are you?” I couldn’t shake the feeling of being worried about him so I decided to call him again and like the other times he doesn’t pick up. I leave him a message saying to take care off himself, not to do things without thinking. Things daughter say to a parent they are worried about. I hang up and I cuddle further into the sofa.

“Arian” I hear John’s voice and I look up. He looks worried at me, but is surprised by the fact that I am okay, or at least that I appear to be.  

“Are you okay?”   I nod but he doesn’t seem to believe me “I got a notice that you weren’t at work, so I came to check on you”

“Aah yes” I am not sure how to respond next “I will change in a second and then I will go”

“You don’t have to, I think everyone can understand your decision not to come.”

“That is right, but I don’t need understanding” I see him smile and nods “You never did. So get ready I will drive you there” I nod and quickly head upstairs.

 

“Wow” I stare at myself in the mirror and I look like a dead person. Pale, such dark circles. I look so sick. I wash my face and try to do put up a bit off make up, but it doesn’t really make things better, since I don’t really use any makeup beside mascara or lipstick… Maybe the clothes will distract them from my dead physique.

I look at myself in the mirror and I look okay. Wearing this white nice fitted suit really suits my body, the heels making my legs look even longer. Hair down so everyone doesn’t see my face and my huge glasses. I only need my clutch and I am ready to go or I at least look the part. I walk down and I see John standing up from the chair looking surprised at me. Offering me his arm, I take it with a chuckle “Well, thank you”

“You know what, I think I will drive.” I pick one of my fast car and Jonh nods “I will be driving behind you.” He gets into his car and we head of to the hotel. I let my engine roar a little bit while pulling up and I see them looking up. I wait for them to open my door and I step out. Seeing the boy looking surprised at me, I hand him the key and he bows “Be careful” I walk on and I see John already standing there waiting for me by the entrance.

“Just breath, take your mail at the help desk and move up to your office” He gives me some encouragement, I know he means it well, but I can’t help but feel a little bit annoyed “Seems like you should take my job” he laughs and smirks at me “Maybe I should, want to switch?” he holds the door open for me and I laugh a little. I look at him before walking in, he does know how to make me laugh.

I walk straight to the help desk and greet some of the customers “My letters please” I ignore there shocked faces or the stares I am receiving from everyone. I take my letters and I walk straight to the elevator, John walking behind me. He presses the button and I can’t wait to get out of these suffocating moment.

“Well now that you have arrived safely here, I will go back to check on your father”

“Is James with him?” He nods and I see now why John is here and not James, my father must be worried. “Take care of him okay, call me if something is wrong. I will come over right away”

                                                    *   *

“Now we only have to decide what to do with her” I listen to them complaining about one of the staff and I can say that it is so tiring. I am also not sure why I am being bothered with this. I turn my chair around to face them and before I can hold my tongue I answer harshly

“I honestly don’t understand why this matter is before me?” I stand up and walk around my desk to lean on the side to face them “Misses Park aren’t you in charge of teaching them things, correcting them?” She nods and confirms my statement “Then why is this being presented at me?” They all stay quite and I stand up “Seems to me that the problem isn’t the girl, but the one teaching her.” I speak harshly and sit down again. “Maybe we should find some replacement for her.” I look at miss Park directly and she apologizes saying she will take care off it “Well thank you for your offer, but it has already been presented to me, while it never should have.” I call for her to be let in and with a few minutes the girl is standing before us, trembling.

“Well I have been hearing terrible things about you. What are you going to do about this?” She looks to the others and then back at me before looking at the ground “I will do my best, miss McClain” I scough and I can see that she trembles even more “The fault isn’t with you, bu with the one that thoughed you. I just expected more of you. Use your own brain for once. I have resolved with Miss Park the issue” She nods and I tell her to leave “Don’t mess up again, this time the fault wasn’t yours, but when it is don’t expect me to be kind” I can see the shock on her face but she nods and thanks me.

“Well that is all for today.” I send them all out and they greet me more then needed when leaving.

 

“Well the new girl is petrified of you” Cho sits down in front of me and I laugh

“So she should be, I am the boss” She raises her eyebrows at me and rolls her eyes “Wow since when are like this? Because your engagement is called off?”

“No that is not it” I explain her everything and she nods

“Well why aren’t you happy then, this is good news for Donghae and you” I look down and I can’t help but feel sad “Wait did something happen”

“He told me he won’t be seeing me again.”

“What? When? How? What is going on?” Cho looks confused at me, I look at her and she is taken back by how cold my eyes and my expression must be “I don’t want to talk about it, it is nothing” She nods and stands up, leaving before I might say something I don’t mean

“You know, the way you are acting right now. That is all because you don’t want to accept what happened with Donghae, you don’t want to think about it, hear about it, understand it. Don’t boil it up, that isn’t good.”  I take her words in, but don’t agree nor disagree with her. She leaves and looks at me one last time asking me to think about it. I know she is right, but right now. Right now, I just want to disappear not think about anything. I have enough to deal with.

 

Hyukjae POV

This morning has been so strange, so many things happened. We are all eating lunch now, but seems like no one is really hungry. I bet everyone keeps on thinking about what we saw on the news. I still can’t comprehend that their engagement is really over, they called it off. Or maybe.. Did her father? My mind keeps on wandering to Ari, I hope she slept. But knowing Ari she probably didn’t. I want to ask her if she is okay, but would that be appropriate? I don’t want her to get the wrong idea, I am so happy we made up I don’t want to ruin it.

I look back to my phone, I have written and deleted my text numerous time, but this time Jungsoo hyung appears behind me “Just send it” he gives me a nod for encouragement and he is right. She is still my friend, that is what she needs right now. I send her the text and I hope she is okay, I will find out soon anyway, but I just hope she is okay.

“Should we call Ari?” Heechul asks us all and I am not sure…

“I think a text is better, just say it is from all of us. Right now she won’t want to talk about anything” Donghae speaks up and I hate how right he is. Spot on. I agree with him and so do Jungsoo and Siwon. Heechul types the text and we all pitch in some things to say, he sends it with a big smile and nods “This is good” Donghae puts his hand on his shoulder and I can see that he is appreciate of Heechul initiative and action.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kyuhyun startles me a bit and we all see him directing his question to Cho. She just arrived and she looks like she is really bothered with something.

“I am the one that is fine, Ari is the one that isn't” She stops talking and orders some beer to drink, we all look at Kyu and he shrugs his shoulders up. “Do you think that is smart?” He carefully asks her and she pouts at him “One won’t hurt, right?” We all see him melt before our eyes and Heechul makes some puking noises.

“What is wrong with Arian?” Siwon carefully asks and Cho looks doubtful whether to answer this truthfully or not

“She says she is fine, but you guys had to see her. She probably didn’t sleep all night and she looked stressed, she was acting all out and ”

“Wow… what do you mean by acting out”

“I am not sure if I should tell” Cho looks at Kyu buts seems to give in “We had a new girl joining us a while ago, but she keeps on making mistakes. So this matter was also presented to Ari and she wasn’t happy about it. That girl came back after seeing her and she said that Ari said it wasn’t her fault but of miss Park so this time she will be okay but the next time she makes a mistake it will be her last.”

We are all just a bit astonished by what she does told us and it doesn’t really sound like Ari at all to say or act like that. Cho explains a bit more how miss Park lectured the girl afterwards and it doesn’t exactly sound pretty, but middle in her sentence she get a call.

“What!?” She listens a bit more and she seem shocked “Why do I have to come? It has nothing to do with me?” She hangs up and before we can ask her what is going on she gets another call.

“Ari what is this all about why do I also have to come?” She puts her phone on speaker and we can all hear Ari speak loud and clear

“Everyone is 'summoned', so I expect of you to also come”

“Ari don’t be ridiculous I am your friend, is my day off”

“This is a case of theft, my friend or not. Everyone and then also Everyone is coming. So I expect you to come immediately and don’t dare to be late.”

“Ari” We are all taken back by the coldness from Ari and Cho looks even more surprised then we all do.

“don’t forget I am your boss, I shouldn’t even have to need to make this call to you. You better be there in time” We hear someone else enter her room and he lets her know that everyone got the notice “Cho, you better hurry” She hangs up and Cho swears.

“For what it is worth, what Ari is doing is correct.” Siwon speaks up “If she made an exception with you then it wouldn’t look good for her or you. So you do have to go, she can’t be playing favors.”

“Yeah..” Cho stands up and calls for a cap

“Is she acting this way because of the calling of for her engagement with Junmyeon?” Heechul carefully asks and she scoffs

“No, they were done weeks ago, they only ended it officially yesterday.” She looks at Donghae and he avoids her eyes “She is upset by the fact it is all over the news, she doesn’t like that, but she isn’t heartbroken because of him.” Donghae looks said and avoids looking at Cho while she seems to be shooting darts at him with her eyes. She leaves and Kyu walks with her to what I suppose is calm her down.

“She sounded so cold on the phone, don’t you guys think so?” Heechul sounds worried and Siwon shakes his head “A bit, but she is just doing her job and the fact that she has to call an employee to tell her to come, shouldn’t even occur.”

“So it is Cho faults?” Kyu sits back down and Siwon nods slightly “Kind of yeah, she is an employee and if your boss tells you to come you should just go. We shouldn’t forget, Cho and Ari might be friends, but this is business related. Has nothing to do with their friendship.” Kyu nods and I am glad that he isn’t holding a grudge against her

“I just hope that Cho sees it that way”

“She will, she is smart” He thanks me for saying that and we try to enjoy our time together, even though we are all worried over our friend, we can’t do anything about it right now. I study Donghae face and he looks like he feels guilty for something.  I feel my phone vibrating and I received a text. I open it and it is indeed from Ari ‘Don’t worry Oppa. I just have a lot on my plate right now. I am okay! How are you?’ I answer her text, telling her not to worry too much, take care of one thing at a time.

 

 

Ari POV

There a few things I really don’t like and this entire situation is certainly going on my list. I walk into the hall were everyone is gathered and I can see that the head staff is already standing in front of them and Chung introduces me. I walk up and I give my little talk.

I end with telling them this kind of behavior will not be tolerated, but if you have not done anything you have nothing to worry about. I leave and Chung follows me.

“Did we find yet who did it?” We step into the elevator and he nods “We have someone we are questioning right now”

“Where is that person?”

“She is right now in the police station” He opens the door for me and I tell him to sit down and ask for some tea to be brought over

“You did very well to call the police immediately, this way the guest will know that we take these kinds of matters very serious” he seems very happy with my compliment and it kind of cute to see “Arian I know we aren’t that close, I have only worked here for some time yet”

“yes I am sorry I have been quite occupied lately.”

“I only wanted to say, I am sorry for the calling of your engagement” He gives me a warm smile and I nod “Thank you”

“Although I don’t know whether to be happy for you or not”

“Why is that” I let out a little chuckle and his gaze turns a bit sad “We don’t get to choose our own future, we just abbey what our parents tell us to do. Tell us to love. We don’t really have a voice in our own future, we are just trapped only are our bars of gold.”

“Seems we have more in common than I ever thought” our tea gets brought in and I pour his cup for him “You know exactly how to describe our situation perfectly.”

“Only unfortunate that that is our situation” We both fall silent for some time, but then he gets up “Come lets get some food” I raise my eyebrow at him “Yes, this is not a request lets go” I laugh and I grab my things “Okay, but I am driving” He nods and he seems excited “I always wanted to have a ride in one of your cars” We both laugh and right now I can’t be happier to have someone like Chung beside me. Someone who understands without me trying to explain everything.

 

“Ahh you are back Arian” I give Rosa a hug and she wants to make something to eat but I quickly stop her “I already had dinner thank you, why don’t you take some rest.” She hesitates but after some convincing she leaves. I sigh and I take in the silence.

“So quite” I put down my clutch and it feels like the silence is consuming me. I try to shake the feeling of loneness of and head upstairs, I better get to work.

* *

“Well, well aren’t we looking glamorous today” Chung greets me and I can’t help but laugh a little “There is no harm in trying, seems like you are as well” He is dressed in a suit, but it is really nice fitted and looks really good on him “How says we are trying” I hide my smile behind my hand and he walks me through the things that have to be done today.   

“We also had a request from someone?” He looks nervous and I greet some of the guests, they tell us that everything is great and I thank them for coming “What kind of request”

“They want to hold their wedding here”

“Here?” I look surprised at him and he nods “Well... Lets see what we can do about that” he nods and we walk on, only to see some of our staff members fighting in the hall. I stop and I see that Chung walks over to them and tells them to quit it.

“You are not hired to work out your private thoughts” I jump in and the employees freeze “Whatever you are thinking about isn’t what I am paying you for. it up, do your job or go and work somewhere else” they nod and quickly leave, I ask Chung to keep an eye on them and we walk on

“We also have some unfortunate news about the theft case” We are in my office and Chung explains to me that the girl worked together with someone else, but doesn’t want to admit with who until she gets something in return “We don’t work with criminals” I take out the folder that was handed to me, containing every bit of information of her. “Her sister works here as well.” I look at Chung and I can see a smile rise on his mouth as well “Seems like we got what we need”

 

I arrive back home and I take off my heals. What a tiring day this was. I put down my purse, I call out for Rosa but seems that she isn’t here. I sigh, another day alone. I sit down on the sofa and with a nice glass of wine I read through the request of the lady that wants to get married in our hotel.

“Arian” I look up when I see John walking in. A bit confused I put my glass down and he looks in disbelieve at me “are you even sleeping?”

“Why?” He just points at my face and I know. A bit rude, but I am looking even more sick then yesterday.

“What are you doing?” He looks frustrated at me and takes my wineglass from me. Walks to the kitchen with a glass of water and hands it to me. I am not sure what is happening right now and he seems to calm down a bit “What are you doing Ari?”

“I am reading someone’s request to get married in the hotel”

“No not that” He sits down next to me and checks if I am okay. He stares deep into my eyes making me a bit flustered “You are not on drugs, right?”

“What!? No of course not!” He looks relieved but still worried “John what is going on?”

“I hear what you did today, you are acting all weird. Even yesterday. It is just not like you to act this cold”

“How am I acting cold” I ask him and he looks carefully at me “Ari, lately you have been cold, at work you acted”

“Like I should act. I am the boss, I am not an employee, I am not supposed to be there friend.”

“Ari you don’t have to be cold, mean to be their boss. You always used to understand that. What happened, is it because your engagement is called off?”

“That is not it”

“I already thought so, it seemed to me, you two fell out of love already a while ago.”

“It is nothing.” I try to get up, but John takes my arm and sits me down again “Ari I know it is hard to be the boss, certainly at your age. But you have been doing great, only yesterday and today you have been acting different than normal.”

“John..” He looks at me directly and I stop  talking and he continues “What is going on, why are you acting like this? Has it to do with Donghae?” I look down and he sighs “It does? Why isn’t he here? I toughed you two would be happy with this news?”

“We aren’t together anymore so yeah” He takes my hand and gives me a big smile “What happened?”

“Nothing” I stand up and he follows me “Ari! It is better to talk about it.”

“Maybe. Anyway” I hold up the papers of the request “Any thoughts on this?”

“Well the hotel is a nice place to hold a wedding, the big hall is really beautiful. Would be nice to get married there”

“Yes that might be” I walk to the kitchen and John is still standing there and looks at me “Would you like something to eat and a cup of tea?”

“Tea sound nice” He follows me to the kitchen and we sit at the kitchen table “I don’t really have much food, but I have cookies” He smiles and I put them down, while boiling some water for us

“Who made the request for to get married in the hotel?” I put down a cup of tea for him and myself. I sit down and hand him the request

“guess” He reads the beginning of it and gives a chuckle

“Well, well… Laurian certainly hasn’t changed her tone”

“I know right.” I eat a cookie and he reads some more “Why is she reaching out to you now? Didn’t you two fell out?”

“Well… We lost touch of one another, but wasn’t all her fault. She said some mean things and acted like a bi-“

“You two used to be really close, why didn’t you two make up?”

“Because of me. She tried, she has been reaching out to me, but after my mom died…”

“You shut her out.” I nod and John hands me back the request “Accept it” I make eye contact at with him and he gives me a confident smile “It is not only a good business opportunity, but she used to be your best friend. You two used to be inseparable.”

“I guess it is a good start to make up with her and just like you said, it is a good business opportunity”

“Who is she marrying” I look it up and show it at him and he raises his eyebrow

“Is he a bad guy?” He nods slightly and gives me a sympathetic look “I think like you, she didn’t have a choice in who is marrying” 

“Well I will help her to make a memorable wedding for her then. That is the only thing she does have control over.”

 

Donghae POV

Hyukjae lets me in and I see that most of the guys have already gathered here. They are all staring at Cho and it seems that this afternoon didn’t’ went well.

“She told us about the meeting at the hotel. It seems that Ari has become...” he stops “Seems like something hurt her deeply.” I nod and I can’t help but feel guilty. I look at the text she has send me and I never answered her, she tried to make sure that I wasn’t worried about her, but in the meantime I have not but in the effort to make sure that she was okay.

Cho looks a bit mad at me, but her focus shifts when Kyu puts his arms around her.

I avoid her gaze and walk towards Siwon, he puts his arm around my shoulder and looks concerned at me “Are you okay? You seem a bit lost in thought”

“I was just thinking about Ari”

“Are you two okay? You said that you two got back together, so this must be good news for the two of you.”

“Remember when you saw me sitting in the car?” He nods and I cough a little “I told her that day how I truly felt.”

“What do you mean?” Siwon looks confused at me and I look around the rest seems to be watching something on the television and isn’t paying any attention to us

“Ari and I never talked about us, after we broke up. So, I told her then how I felt about everything.”

“What did you tell her?” Siwon is looking a bit confused at me and I sigh “I told her that I never felt like ever was hers, that it never felt like she loved only me. I told her that I had our entire life stippled out, where we were going to live, our kids names and then I asked her did you ever think about these things and she just stayed quite.” I take a deep breath and  I can see her face before me again. She looked so sad, shocked even “She didn’t say anything, she even looked guilty and I.. I guess.. I said to her, that I won’t be seeing her again and I walked away from her.” I look at Siwon and he sighs

“No wonder she is acting all out. You said she didn’t even say a thing, but did you ever gave her a change to speak?” I think back and he might be right.. I never gave her a change, but if you really thought about these things you would know immediately what to say, wouldn’t you?

“You did kind of overwhelm her confronting her like that, saying what you really felt. Perhaps you should have given her a change to explain.”

“Maybe..” I let out a deep sigh “Did you know her engagement was going to over?” Siwon carefully asks me this question

“She never told me she was trying to end it, well official. She told me she thought something was up, but I just thought she was fooling around with someone else, when in fact she went to her father to plead for her case I guess.” Siwon must see the guilt that I am feeling and he gives me a smile “Don’t feel guilty, you were honest and you told her what you felt. That is important. You can’t base a relationship based on lies.”

“Besides she is young.”

“Yeah! She handles so much we sometimes forget how young she really is. Give her some time. You two will work it out or” He pauses and looks serious at me “Are you really planning on not seeing her again?”

“I don’t know. I love her, but I don’t know.” Siwon gives me a little nudge and we go back to the rest, but I am not in the mood to chill with anyone. “I am going to go” I see all the guys looking at me and Cho heads towards me, but I really don’t want to talk to her. I am about to walk out the door, but she caught up to me “Donghae” she looks at the rest and some are starring at us. She walks with me out the door and keeps it almost closed behind her

“Cho what is up” I try to avoid her eyes and I can feel her eyes burning wholes into me

“Donghae I have to apologize, I haven’t really been fair towards you. Acting a bit angry” I accept her apology and she doesn’t look sure if she should say it or not, but she seems to shout for it “you really hurt her you know. By what you all said. She was trying her hardest to get out of her situation so she could be with you.”

“Cho… I”

“No, no you don’t have to explain, I also get your point. Just. Are you all right?” I nod and she chuckles a little “You know Ari and you have more in common than you think” She leaves and what she says leaves me thinking. I quickly get into my car and drive off.

 

And yes there she is, standing. Looking over the edge. Starring into nothing. I lean onto the cap of my car and look at her from afar… she is now looking down, getting her phone out of her pocket. Doubting to call someone it seems. Maybe? Would she? I get my phone out and even though I told her, I didn’t want… I still have hope… Maybe…? And yes there my phone goes, showing Jagi<3 on my screen. Should I pick up? I look at her and she also seems to be doubting. I pick up and I can see how shocked she is, not knowing what to do. But she seems to quickly recover and I hold my phone up to my ear

“I know.. I know what you said… but… you don’t have to say anything. I think part of me just want to make sure that you are okay. I am good, I have been working a lot and things seems to be going good with everything.” She pauses and I can see that she is holding the phone from her and I feel a pain in my heart. “Well I have to go, the job is calling again. I… I am sorry for contacting you. Won’t happen again. Sorry to be so… I am doing good Donghae-shi. I hope you are too, don’t worry to much about anything, okay. Bye.” She softly mumbles bye and hangs up.

I look at her looking up and trying to hold it all together. She gets into her car, takes one last look at our spot than gets into her car and drives off.

And I… I am just kind of in a trance looking like a mummy, just looking what is happening in front of me. Not interfering not quite sure of what is happening.

I sigh and put my phone down. I just… What is wrong with me! I kick my car and immediately regret that decision, that hurts. I should have said something, have gone up to her. Have hugged her. I said nothing. I just couldn’t after what I have said to her, she still is worried about me. I sit back onto my hood and I look at my locked screen. Us smiling brightly. I have said I have let go. But I don’t want to… I really don’t. and right now, the thing that kills me the most is that she is trying to.

Because I asked her too.

 

 

Ari POV

I park outfront and I see John already waiting for me. He welcomes me with a smile, but after seeing my expression he rushes over to me “Are you hurt? Are you okay?”

“I am good” I shake him off and head inside, him following me and today the house is empty as well.

“Ari you are boiling everything up. Talk to me”

“And say what?!”

“What is on your mind? What has you sleepless at night, what has you crying right now?”

“Nothing” I shake it off and John shakes his head, he is so worried about me, but I can handle this. “What has you here?”

“You dad wants to see you” I nod and he leads me to him. Sitting in his big old chair he seems better. Not sleepless, a healthy glow around him. Almost happy, what is quite weird considering he found out his wife tried to kill him and leave me with nothing.

“Dad?” he looks up and gives me a big hug and I look at John he scrounges his shoulders up and gives me a knowing look.. Yeah yeah I am like my dad. I roll my eyes at me and he leaves with a smile on his face

“What is going on dad, why are you being so ‘happy’ “He makes me sit down and hands me a file, I open it up and it seems to be his will “Dad, you are okay” I quickly put it down and my dad nods “I am healthy again, we figured out what kind of.. what she used and I am fine now”

“I am so happy to hear this. But why? Why are you handing me your will?”

“I had it changed and right here” He opens the file again and points to the 1 line of the second pharagraph. “I am leaving you everything after I pass. Everything I have builded so far” Hearing him say this makes me happy, but also makes my heart ache.

“Dad… Don’t you”  He looks at me and with a satisfied smile he puts the file away again “What about?” He gives me a warning look and I stop talking

“We have some things the change, misses Park, she needs to go.”

“Why?” Me dad shows me some pictures and it is Stella together with her. “What do you want me to do”

“I already explained it to Chung.” I raise my eyebrow “You can trust him, I want you guys to find out their plan at first. Than get her out of there.”

“Dad, why are we put on this?”

“Not many people know yet about the split between Stella and I. The rumors are starting to flow around since we pulled your engagement”

“I still think that was too soon.” My dad nods in agreement “I know, we should have kept it more undercover. So what I want you to do”

“Dad… No”

“Start seeing him again. Start to go on dates. I will make sure that it will be known”

“Dad it isn’t right. Junmyeon and I have already been over for so long. We only where still together because we did not have a choice. We…”

“I am not saying for real. I just need Stella to see it. To make a move.”

“dad…” He takes my hand and seems serious “Arian, I know you don’t like this idea, Donghae probably also doesn’t like the idea of this” I look down and my dad seems to notice. “I don’t think he would mind” I answer briefly and my dad nods “I will do it, can I be honest to Junmyeon about it?”

“He might alarm”

“He won’t dad, I just don’t want to lie to him.” My dad nods and I get up “I will work on it, okay.” I leave and John is there to me back.  

“John…He is up to something big isn’t he” John seems nervous to talk about it, but seems quick to be distracted by something else. “Someone else is here.”

“What?” I look around and I don’t notice anything. I carefully open the door and John heads inside first. He tells me to follow him closely and I bump into his back when he suddenly stops “I will go.” He steps aside and makes the call motion to me and mouths to let me know where I am going.

I nod and carefully walk further inside “Well hello”

“Junmyeon? What are you doing here?” He is eating something and stands up “Was waiting for you”

“Want to go and get something to eat. Looks like you need too” I try to slap him, but he avoids it and holds up a key “I will drive”

 

“Why where you at my place?” I take another peace of chicken and he gives me a daring look “Your place already”

“You know what I mean” I stick my tongue out to him and he chuckles “I wasn’t doing well. I know we broke a long time ago, but I still where taking it a bit harder than I excepted. I guess that even though we had too, I have gotten used to having you around again and being… I just guessed that you as well would like to spend some time together again.”

“I need to tell you something” Touched by his words I don’t’ want to lie to him “My dad asked to see you again, he doesn’t want to alert some people”

“Is he up to something?” I nod but when he asks if I know of what I shake my head “He didn’t say.. But I get if you don’t want to, I won’t force you too”

“I don’t mind, I would exactly really like that” he smiles at me and so do I… I lean back onto the chair and look outside. We are both starring outside, just enjoying each other company.