Chapter 21

A New Beginning

 

Leeteuk POV

 

“ Hyukjae, are you hungry?” 

“You are, aren’t you”

“Yes I am hungry”

“Let’s go get some food then.”

Me and Hyukjae have been looking all day for a present for Ari. I think we found the perfect one. We found a little place to eat. The past days a lot of things happened. Ari and Donghae moved in together what is amazing, but also made me feel a bit jealous... I know I shouldn’t be, but I still am.  She seemed really happy that Donghae asked her to move in. I am happy that she is happy.. Now she has us all of us.

“Hyukjae, stop playing with your food”

Hyukjae has lost his appetite for the last couple of days...Ever since...Since they moved in. It must have been hard for him.

“Hyukjae, how are you?”

“I am good, hyung...And you?”

“ I am good.. Hyuk how are you feeling about them moving in?”

Hyukjae stops playing with his food, seems I was right, this was really bothering him.

“Hyung...I don’t know. I thought we were..I mean...I thought...I thought the feelings were gone. The feeling I had for her before and..Remember the day that she quit and that she was crying?”

Of course I remembered that day...I was so mad at her Step-mother... How could she hit her! I feel my leg shaking and I bald up my fists.. I am getting angry again...Need to calm down. Pff...Pff..

“Yes I remember, you comforted her.”

“Yes, I did.. And then also that feeling. That feeling came back and when Donghae asked her to move in. I was happy for them, but also..I felt heartbroken...”

I feel bad for Hyukjae. I can related to him, I feel the exact way.

“Hyukjae, do you still have those feelings?”

Hyuk doesn’t answer, but it is clear that he still does.  So do I...                      

Me and Hyuk both jump up by hearing my phone ring

“Hello?”

 “Aahh Jungso-oppa~”   I look at hyuk and he seems to understand by my look, it is Aria...

“Aria...”

“Yes, Oppa~ You are with Hyukkie right now, right? “

I look at hyuk and put the phone on speaker.

“Aria “

“Hyuk-opaa~”

We both smile by her cuteness. She is so cute

“Can you guys come by? “

“Why? Isn’t Hae with you?”

“No, I am home alone..”

You can hear the loneliness in her voice. I knew that Donghae was busy the past days, but I didn’t know that it affected her so much.  I look at Hyuk and he seems to be thinking the same thing.

“We will be there in a minute “                                                                                      

*                                                                                                            *

 

“Shouldn’t we also have gotten that movie?”
 

“No, Hyuk we have Netflix for that. It will all be alright”

 

Is it weird to be nervous? I look at the bag..We have everything, right?  We  went to buy some snacks and I hope that we can cheer her up. I ring the doorbell. I am curious how the place will look after the last time we were here.

 

“Oppa~” Aria opens the door and she looks amazing...

“You guys said it was only going to be a minute...I have been waiting 15...” She pouts and Hyuk pulls her in a hug.

 

“Aah I am sorry~, but I am here now..” I smile at the sight of them, but then that feeling comes up... A rumble in my stomach..Jealousy? I look back at them, Hyuk has his arm around her and he is showing what we bought. Yes, I am sure..Jealousy. I close the door behind me and follow them inside.

 

“You made everything amazing! You have to cook me dinner once, your kitchen is amazing.”            

 

“Hyukkie I will.”                                                       

                                                                                       

Aria is giving us a tour of the house and everything looks great, she has really given everything a little spin of her own. It really looks like their place now.

“Whaa you guys brought so many snacks!”

I look at  her both her and Hyuk are sitting on the couch really cosy next to one each other. It is clear to see, that they were a couple once and still close now.

 

“What should we watch?” I sit next to Ari and put some more snacks on the table.

 

“You pick oppa~”

“Mm Hyukjae any ideas?”

“Horror”

 

 

“Hyukjae do you really have to go?”  Hyuk is putting he shoes on and we are seeing him of. I can see that Ari is sad to see him go.

“I am sorry, I have too” Hyukjae leans in and gives her a sweet kiss on the for head. I turn my head away. I can’t look at that, it makes me want to do it too..

“We are meeting up all tonight so, I have to go now.”

 

“Do you want to continue the movie?”

“Yes lets continue it”

The movie is really scary, I am trying to look manly and act like it. So that Ari can feel protected and also secretly that she is impressed, but instead I am scared...

“Whoaw” We both get scared and Ari grabs my arm. I remove her hand of my arm and I can see that she is starting to get embarrassed by her action, instead I grab her hand. I she her smiling and it makes me feel good.

“Okay..We are never ever letting Hyukjae pick another movie again.” Ari holding closely onto my hand and arm and is hiding behind me. It was to adorable to see her scared, it makes me happy to know that she felt safe with me.           

“Are you hungry?”

“Oppa, you are hungry aren’t you” I smile at her, I am really hungry “Oppa I can make you some ramen”  I follow her to the kitchen, she looks amazing cooking. Donghae is so lucky..

“Here is it, I hope that it tastes good.” Ari hands me a cup of ramen, I take a bit of it and it taste good. I look over to her, she looks anxious, should I teas her? I should

“mm..” I pull a disgusted face and I she her looking shocked.

“You don’t like it? Is the taste wrong?” she takes over my chopsticks and takes a bit “It tastes good though” I look at her, she is looking at me with big eyes. I cant hold my laughter any longer and she seems to understand that I am teasing her. “it tastes amazing”

“Jungsoo-oppa~, will you help me pick out what to wear tomorrow, for my birthday?”

“Of course I will help you”

Ari grabs my hand and slurs me into the bedroom and sits me down on the bed “Wait here, I will be back.”

Is this what it is like to have someone? Someone to watch movies with, to cook with...I would like to have someone like Ari... She and Hae have a lot in common. Like hae, you just can’t hate her. The more you get to know her the more you will like her and will love her, maybe that is why I..

“What do you think?” Ari walks back into to room and she looks amazing. She isn’t wearing anything special, just jeans and a sweater, but it looks amazing on her.  I am getting flustered and stop looking at her body and look back at her face .

“you look great, simple but great.”

“Okay, I will be back.”

Her next look is even more amazing, they all are amazing. I am now lying down on the bed waiting for her last look. It is exactly really fun to do this.

“how does this look?”

Ari walks back in...She takes my breath away, she looks..Whaa, she looks beautiful. The red dress really looks well on her, it goes well with her hair and skin colour and more then that it really shows he figure... I can’t stop looking at her, I am going red..I should stop and look back at her face. Ari is flustered and her cheeks are red.

“And?”

“You look amazing...Truly amazing”

She shyly at my words and goes back to chance. I lie back on my back...She looked amazing...

“Thankyou for helping me” Ari jumps on the bed and lays down next to me. I turn to face her and a hair that has fallen for her face behind her ear. She looks surprised by my actions, but doesn’t back away

“I love helping you. I will help you anytime” She smiles at my words

“Thank you Jungsoo-oppa~, I will also help you anytime”

 

*                                                                                                                                                  *

We have been laughing for a long while and I am sad that I have to go. The boys planned to spend tonight together. I just don’t want to leave yet, I am happy that I still have some time to spend with her.

“Oppa you look tired. You should rest more” She is right I am really tired, the last couple of days have been hard on all of us.

“Don’t worry too much about me, I will rest more. “

“Oppa I do worry about you, you should go home and rest.”

“I am also resting now, here with you. I love spending time with you, it  makes me happy and forget some troubles and hard times I have.”

I hold her hand and smile at her. She smiles back at me.

 

*                                                                                                                                                  *

“Donghae “ We  all  had  a great time together, eating and it was really great to spend  time with them.  

“Hyung”  Donghae comes over to talk to me

“Donghae, are you going to see Ari now?”

“Yes, I am going home” He looks happy saying that.

“Did you buy Ari a present?”

“yes I did, I prepared a lot. That is why I wasn’t a able to spend a lot of time at home. “

“yes, I know. As long as she will be happy tomorrow it will be all have been worth it.”

“Yes you are right. I am sure she will like it. I have prepared...”

Donghae explains everything he has prepared for her and it is really all amazing. He is truly an amazing boyfriend. He is just doing everything so fast. Like moving in and all. I just don’t get really why.

“Donghae why are you doing everything so fast, moving in and doing everything so big. You have plenty of time to do all of this, this isn’t her only birthday.”

Donghae looks sad at me asking this question. He must really have a deep reason for doing everything so fast and so big.

“Hyung, you know that I am almost 30 years old. “

“Yes, Is that the reason that you are doing everything so fast? Because you had to spend so much time without her that you want to catch on time and not waist anymore?”

“That is also a reason but not the main. I really don’t want to waste anymore time. I want to spend for ever with her, but the main reason is... Next year I will be 30 and then it will be time for me to enlist. This will be the last birthday that I will be here to celebrate with here, last new year, last valentine, last... I just want her to remember all. I want to make it perfect. “

Donghae truly is a good person. He really has a deep reason for doing everything so fast and big. The thought of him enlisting makes me sad, he is right this will be the last birthday that he will be here. They will have to wait two years and then he will be back.

“Donghae, she will love it. Quickly go home, she is waiting for you”

I give Donghae a hug and he is off to see Aria. I should forget and put it back...I should try harder, he deserves the best and so does she. And Hae is the best for her and she for him. Jungsoo, Put it away!

 

Hyukjae POV

“Siwon do you think that feeling can come back?”

“Aria?”

“yes...But do you think that they could come back?”

“I think that is possible. Do you like her again? Since when?”

Since when? I started to think of her like this again when she was crying and I was holding her. It was like our first date, but also therefore. I was thinking of her, I think I never stopped..I just forgot.

“I never stopped, I think I just forgot...”

“It is hard to hate her. She is like hae, you just have to love her.”

“you are right about that. Everything she does is amazing. “

“Do you want to date her again?”

“No..Well..yea..but no, I won’t do anything. Do you see her and Hae? They are perfect and he cares for her. He loves her. I won’t ruin that or be in the way of that. “

I will but it to the side, of course I would love to be her boyfriend again, but I won’t...

“Are you excited for tomorrow?

“Yes I am, it is not only her birthday, but also new year’s”

“We will be so old...”

“yes, we will be... “ We will be 30... “Do you know how old Ari is becoming?”

Siwon is thinking. We never really talked about age, I never asked, neither did she. I know her birthday and she knows ours, but more than that...

“I don’t know...I guess it will also be a surprise for tomorrow. One thing is sure, she is younger than us. “

“I guess we will see tomorrow...”

Leeteuk walks over to us and we all wave at Donghae that is leaving.

“Siwon do you have a gift for Ari?”

“Yes, Hyung, you bought it together with Hyuk right?”

“Yes, I am sure that she will love it.”

Donghae waves before he rides off, he is so lucky, going home to Ari...

“I am glad that Donghae is going home. He hasn’t really spend a lot of time at home.” Siwon and I both look at Hyung, what is he trying to say?

“Is Ari tired of waiting? Or is she mad? “ Siwon looks worried. It would be bad if she is...

“No, no she isn’t. She is a bit lonely, I was talking about it with her earlier, but we will talk more tomorrow. But what I meant is that even though he hasn’t spend much time at home, she doesn’t mind, but she understands it and want to support him in anyway. She is really looking out for him and also for us. Its just that I am happy that he is going home to spend some time with her, they will both enjoy that. “

She is really amazing...Maybe I am a fool for letting her go...Will see...

 

Donghae POV

I close the door softly. “Ari? “ I don’t hear anything. Is she home? I walk over to our bedroom, I lean to the door opening. She is sleeping, she looks so cute. I quickly chance and lay next to her. I love watching her.

“I am sorry...” I wanted to apologize to her for a long time. I haven’t been home for a long time and left her here all alone. I don’t want her to feel alone.

“Donghae oppa..”

“Did I wake you?” Ari gets up and is rubbing her eyes, she looks so adorable

 “Why are you smiling?”

“You just look adorable” She also starts so smile. She gives me a sweet kiss, I feel my cheeks going red. I still can’t believe that she is my girlfriend.

“Oppa goodnight”

“Goodnight”

I am so happy that I asked her to move in, this is amazing. Having her with me all the time, knowing that she is her, falling asleep with her in my arms. I still can’t believe it.  I just hope that she won’t leave me for being always away and working.

“Oppa, are you still awake? “ Ari rests her head on my chest and looks up at me. She looks so cute, I give her a kiss on her nose.

“I will be back.” She leaves and I try to pull her back, she smiles at me and gives a kiss on my hand.”Won’t take long”  She is right before I know it she is back with two cups of tea. I sit on straight and she hands me the cups of tea.

“What is bothering you?” She sits next to me with her legs crossed.

“I am..I am sorry that I was away for the past days.”

“Donghae oppa... You never have to be sorry for that. I understand. “

“It is okay if you are mad or anything, just...”

“I am not mad, I am not sad, I will never be mad at you for that. “ she holds my hand, they are still so soft. I missed holding them. “Donghae-oppa don’t be afraid me leaving you for this reason. “

“You look really tired oppa”

“I am, It has been a busy month December..”

“Yes, I know. You should rest more.” I smile at her and she smiles back. I missed talking to her like this.

“You also look tired, I heard from Donghwa that you have been working a lot.”

“Ahh..Don’t worry too much about it. I love working there.”

“Still, you should not work too much, if you do, please take good care of your body.”

“You also oppa” She walks out bed and puts our cups away, I stare at her. Is it wrong to look at her ? I bite my lip and I have to look away. She is really amazing, on the inside and the outside. I look at her eyes and she is giving me that look. I feel myself going red, I got caught staring..

She walks back to me and gives me a sweet tick on the nose.

“Aah, I forgot to ask. We forgot to invite your mother for our moving in day, I hope she didn’t mind.”

“No she didn’t, I ask her earlier that day if she approved and she really likes you, she is really happy that your are her future daughter in her law. “  She is smiling so brightly that, ooh I am so happy..

“That makes me really happy to hear. I invited her for tomorrow and also your brother to come.”

“Aah that is so sweet, I also could have invited them.”

“Yes I know, but I really wanted you mom to know that I wanted her to come.”

“You are so sweet” This time I tick her again on her nose.

“Something else I wanted to ask you, how was the wedding?”

“The wedding...”Sugmins wedding, yes...”It was lovely.. still sad that you decided not to come”

“That is good, I don’t really know them that well and I..I thought they might wanted it just to be close family and friends. That is what I would like...”

I let go of her hand...She would like that? Huh..I need to remember that. We never really talked about weddings and all. I thought about it, but I thought she might find it a bit too soon.

“And to be really honest, I was also a bit mad at him..”

“Why? “ I laugh at her innocent confession, she is so cute and sweet, I never really heard her talking about being mad at someone.

“Well, you know with the date planning and all. I just hate how he put all of you trough all of that and all the trouble it has made for you”

“Ari...” I give her a kiss on her head and pull her close. “You are sweet..I love you.” She hugs me back and smiles “I love you.”

Ari ticks my nose and tries to get up “No, no” she bites her lip and we end up wrestling on the bed

“No no, I am not letting you go” I end up at top and lock her down to the bed with her hands above her head. I am pouting, but my focus goes to her lips and then to her eyes. She is looking straight into mine as well.

Should I kiss her...I lean in to kiss her, but I pull back to look at her. This time she doesn’t wait for me and leans in to kiss me. I let go of her hands and she puts her hand on my back and one in my hair. I wrap my hands around her and we kiss more intense and intense.

Ari pulls back and we break apart. I look at her eyes to know what she is thinking. She looks calm but I can see that she doesn’t want to go any further yet. I am glad that she shows me her borders, we should take it slow on some things. I also don’t want to go too far yet.

“We should go and sleep,   tomorrow is your birthday” I give her a small peck and her eyes twinkle, she is really happy about my reaction.

 

*                                                                                                                                  *

“Do you have everything ready? Okay. Yes, I will call again. I have to go bye”

I hang up, I thought I heard Aria, but she is still asleep. I have everything planned for today, I want to make her birthday special. It is also new years eve today so, we will be celebrating two things.

“hyung.” Teuk hyung is calling me, I suppose he wants to know more about today.

“How late can we come by? “

“Ehm..It is now..8 in the morning..Around 11? “

“Okay we will be there. I will go now, byee”

I hang up and pick up my camera, I have to make some shots of her sleeping. Okay, I should wake her up, but first I have to make sure I have everything.

I am so nervous for today. I want everything to go perfect, I want it to be perfect for her. I want her to remember this birthday, until I can make a new one for her to remember. Tomorrow I will be 30 years old...I haven’t told her yet how old I am, neither has she... I know that she is younger, I just don’t know how much. It doesn’t really matter to me, but I still would like to know. We can’t really avoid it any longer.

I walk to Aria, she looks so peaceful sleeping, so cute. I give her a kiss on the for head and attack her with a big hug.

“whaa hahha” She wakes up and starts to giggle at my attack “Good morning~”

“Good morning Jagi” She gets up and she rubs her eyes, I quickly make some pictures of her. I am going to make pictures all day long, so that she can look at the pictures for when I am gone.

“Happy birthday” I give her a kiss and walk to the kitchen to get her breakfast. She looks surprised by it.

“Aah even a rose.” She grabs the rose and smells at it. I know she loves roses. “Oppa, you remember”

“Of course I do, you were so embarrassed telling me, saying it was really cliché “ She smiles and gets red again.

“oppa, thank you” She gives me a kiss and starts to eat. “Oppa, open your mouth” She feeds me, she is..Aah.. .

“Are you done eating?” She nods and I bring everything back to the kitchen. I sit back next to her, I want to tell her the next surprise I have for her, but I get interrupted by her phone.

“Who is it?” She doesn’t answer, maybe.. “Is it her again? “ She nods. This makes me angry. That women.. She has been calling none stop ever since she quite.

“Ahh how sweet of Hyuk. He send me happy birthday exactly on midnight.” She is smiling at his message and it makes me a bit jealous. I know I have nothing to worry, but why do I feel worried then?

“Sorry oppa, you are not the first one to congratulate me. Hyuk and Jungsoo were first” She winks at me and focuses back on her phone.

“But you are the sweetest...”She puts her phone away and gives me a kiss.

“I have another surprise for you.”

“There are more?”

“A lot more the day is just starting...”

I wink at her, I can’t wait...