Chapter 33

A New Beginning

Ari POV

“Dad, I made breakfast” I laugh at his surprised expression and I lead him to a chair “I heard that you aren’t eating well lately so I thought we can eat breakfast together”

“You made this?” I nod and he seems impressed “You have your mother talent for cooking as well” his comment makes me smile and I also sit down.

“I heard something from Chung’s parents. You two are involved?” I stop eating and nod slightly “Well, we aren’t, but his parents asked him to get involved with someone else, so we”

“I understand, but do you think it is smart? I thought that Donghae and you were finally going for it”

“Well, I wanted to help him out.” He nods and takes his newspaper back up only to put it back down “What do you want me to tell his parents? I told them yesterday that I didn’t know yet, but was very happy”

“Well, dad if you can” he is already shaking his head but agrees “You know I did hope for you two to come together, but. I will not say anything to them, but I also won’t lie” I nod and thank him.

We continue eating when I feel his gaze on me again “Aren’t you already late?” I quickly look to the clock and he is right “I totally forgot the time. And also like you always sad dad, I am the boss, I am never late.” He laughs and I quickly leave.

 

“Chung, this looks amazing” I walk in and it already seems ready for the wedding “The wedding is next week and we still have so much to do” he is shaking his head and I can see that he is worried “It looks amazing to me. I thought it was already done. But you are right. When Laurian is here she might want to make some adjustments”, I look at the date and back to Chung “When is she coming?”

“I believe tomorrow, I will check” I thank him and go to my office

 

I go through some of the other details when someone knocks on the door and John walks in “Miss, eh” he is interrupted by Laurian who burst past him and gives me the brightest smile “Arian!” she walks towards me and hugs me so tight “Laurian, you are already here” she nods and sits herself down, I look at John and before he can get one word in she is already speaking up “I wanted to surprise you, so I went to your place, you weren’t there. But John was kind enough to bring me here” I chuckle at her story and sit down next to her “Thank you John” He nods and takes his leave “It is really sweet of you to surprise me. I know that we didn’t leave on the best note and I really want to apologize to you for that” She takes my hand and shakes her head “Don’t be silly, we both said some bad things, I am sorry too” after she apologizes she looks around and asks me how I have been

“I have been good, busy. But all right. What about you? You are getting married. Your ring is amazing btw”

“thank you” She looks at her hand and sighs “He is a nice guy, he bought me exactly what I wanted” she stops and faintly smiles “I also heard about your engagement, but that is off now?”

“Yes, we..” She nods “I get it, the business was off” I nod and we both lean back. What a sad reality. “I can’t wait to meet him, what was his name again?”

“Jack…” I can see that she is doubting whether or not to open up and I stand up "Let's get something to eat” she smiles and we head to the restaurant.

 

“A good thing that came out of this, I am moving here as well. His family is making a deal with some Asian companies, so we are becoming neighbors”

“That is amazing! It will be so nice to have you here” we continue to catch up and I tell her about Donghae and how we have been together, how it ended and how it is now “You should watch out with Chung though, I know both of you know that is its fake, but his parents believe that you two might get married and will probably pressure both of you” I nod “I am just glad that my dad knows the truth”

“That does help” I see Chung looking for me and when he finally spots me he walks towards us “That is Chung” Laurian seems surprised and leans in to whisper ‘He is hot”

“Chung this is Laurian” he politely introduces himself and starts to go over the wedding arrangement and I can’t help but stare at him only to get caught “Arian, what do you think?” he is also taken back and I quickly look away, but my cheeks are already flushed “Why don’t we go to take a look. That might make things easier” he nods and Laurian gives me a smirk “Oohh are you now only realizing that” I poke her and she quickly shuts up.

 

“It looks amazing. Precisely what I wanted although” She starts to talk with some of the staff and Chung sighs out of relieve “I am so happy that she is content” I nod and he asks me when she arrived “Earlier today, wanted to surprise me”

“That is really nice of her. Must be good to have her back as a friend, it really looks you two are close friends”

“We are” Laurian chuckles and takes my arm “Well my dear Chung, I am stealing her from you.” I laugh at her remark and when I look at Chung he is blushing a little “Well only for today” he remarks back and bows before he takes his leave

“Arian… You are in so much trouble”

“Ooh please Rian you are making things up” She shakes her head “Lets go shopping, what are rich future wives other to do” We laugh and head out to the busy street.

 

Donghae POV

“So, tell us how was the damn ball. Did you dance with a beautiful woman” Heechul dances around and Siwon shakes his head and points to me “He surely did”

“I danced with Arian, we are. Her dad gave us his blessing and I guess we are really going for it this time” they are all nodding and I can’t help, but smile. “You know we never even ate at her hotel”

“It is a hotel?” Heechul stares me down and I quickly apologize “Apparently their chef is amazing, also has like an adjoint restaurant to it. Is amazing food.” Siwon nods and offers to make a reservation, everyone agrees, and I can’t help but be excited. I get to see her again.

 

“What are you guys going to order” Looking at the menu everything just seems delicious. “Sttt” Heechul asks us to be all silent and we can now clearly hear some members of the staff talking “Did you see the two of them. No wonder they are friends, both just... Elegant right? Yeah, but also a little arrogant. But no wonder, the one is getting married next week to a multimillionaire and McClain might be getting married to one.. Please, Chungs family is loaded, like a billionaire.” They are interrupted and quickly stop talking.

“Who is the friend? And What?” we are all confused, but I am not surprised. I know nothing is going on between the two of them, so I am not really worried about. I explain the entire situation to them and they are now also more at ease. Our order finally arrives, and it looks so delicious.

“So nice of you to treat us to dinner Chung, you really didn’t have to”

“You really didn’t have to and Rian you pretty much forced him” we all look up and we can see Arian, together with Chung and the girl they were talking about earlier. “She is pretty” Heechul is scanning her up and down “And engaged” Siwon adds “I get now what they mean with the air around them” Jungsoo is also starring. “Also, Donghae.. did Chung always look like that?” I nod and they all fall silent “Donghae don’t get this wrong, but he can be a model. A model, I am like jealous of his height and looks and”

“You sure you shouldn’t be more like alarmed?” I want to answer but Chung spotted us and we are all still starring, he points us out to Arian and she seems to ask something to the staff.

“Heey guys, are you enjoying the food?” we all nod “Do you mind if we join you”

“Arian, isn’t it better to eat out our table” we all look at the other woman and she does give an air of arrogance. “Ooh almost forgot, this is Laurian, a good friend of mine” “Best” they chuckle “Laurian these are also good friends of mine” she raises her eyebrow and introduces herself “Nice to meet you all.”

“Ari, what do you want to do” Chung is now finally speaking up and he also seems to prefer a table away from us “well, they a” Arian falls silent “The staff is otherwise also going to much trouble” she nods and looks apologizing to us “How about next time? We can sit at a bigger table then, I will treat”

“Madam your table is ready” Laurian thanks the waiter and follow him with giving us a small goodbye and giving Ari a look of hurry the up. Chung is still by her side and I smile at her “Ari don’t worry about it, go enjoy your meal, we are too” I watch how Chung guides her through the crowd and I am not getting a little bit anxious about it.

 

Arian POV

“We should perhaps change this on the menu” Chung points something out to me and Laurian quickly orders wine for us “No more work. Guys come on, lets have some fun. Ari we haven’t seen one on other for so long and I would really like to get to know you better Chung”

“All right” Chung quickly closes the menu, but I can see that he is already studying the outlook of the menu “Chung, let it go” I wink at him and he winks back at me “All right”

“Well how did you two meet, you lovebirds” I glare at Rian and she innocently raises her shoulders “I was hired to work as general manager and we were introduced to one another, nothing special really” I nod and rian nods “Sounds lovely to me.” She takes a bite of her food “Yet you two seem very close, not like a boss and general manager”

“We are friends, we have a lot in common, we get along well.” Chung agrees with me and Rian nods again “Chung you are very attractive, you are too Ari, you are both of good and rich family’s. You two are just perfect for one another.” I look at Chung and he is also confused “When are you two going to start dating?”

Chung is almost choking onto his food and I quickly tap onto his back “Are you all right?” he nods and thanks me “You two are just perfect”

“Rian, tell us about Jack”

“He is perfect for me, handsome, of a good family. Just like Chung for you” I roll my eyes at her and I can see that Chung has turned completely red and I can see that Rian is telling me I told you so.

“Chung” Chung is called and when he looks back he turns pale and looks shocked at me “Mom, dad” I quickly put down my knife and fork and turn around as well. They smile warmly at me and I get up to greet them. I introduce them to my Rian and they are also pleased to meet her.

“It is very nice to see the two of you together” I smile at them and Chung moves a little closer to me “We wanted to invite you for dinner tomorrow Arian, it would be lovely to get to know you better” I look at Chung and he seems nervous and I smile at his parents “I would too, can I bring anything?” they shake there head and are lead to there table “It was lovely to see you again, mis-“

“Please you don’t have to be so formal Arian” I nod and they leave. We sit down again and I can see Rian’s is looking at me with a look that says it all. The pressure is starting.

“So how are you guys going to take this on? Fooling parents isn’t easy.”

“We don’t really have to fake much, we are friends so that is not really the problem.” Chung agrees “We just have to make sure that our stories a line” I nod, but I also can’t help but be nervous. This is kind of weird.

 

Donghae POV

I see that Ari is calling and I pick up “Heey are you home?”

“I am, are you coming by?”

“Yes be there in a sec” She hangs up and the door goes within the second. I open the door and there she is, I pull her into a hug and she buries her face into my chest. “How was your day”

“Surprising” I close the door behind her and she goes straight for the couch “Laurian showed up and that was amazing, I have missed her. We finally hashed things out between us and it is great to really be able to talk to her.”

“that is nice” I also notice that I don’t really sound to enthusiast`, but she hasn’t really made a great impression on me. Or the rest of the guys. “You don’t like her?” she shifts to face me more and I nod slightly “She just gives off a certain arrogance like we are not her equal.”

“I get what you mean, but from her position, it is also understandable, but she is really lovely when you get to know her. It is more the problem that usually everyone around her wanted something of her, so she became more distanced because of that” I nod and I do see how that can change you in a way.

“Just give her a chance, I am sure she will grow on you and all the guys” I nod and she leans her head onto my shoulder.

“We should talk about us” she nods and sits up straight again. “I just want to say th-“ Just when she is about to explain her feelings the door goes and I stand up reluctantly. “Donghae we brought soul food” Hyukjae and Jungsoo barge past me and when they see Ari they apologize but go straight to sit next to her and ask her about Laurian.

 

“So you two are Rian and Arian” She nods and explains that everyone also called them like that.  “Do you have plans tomorrow Ari?”

“I do I am working, dinner with Chung and his parents, after that more wedding planning and that is it”

“What?” did I hear that right. Dinner with his parents. I raise my eyebrow at her and she gives me an apologizing smile “They asks us for dinner and I couldn’t really refuse, it will be fine. Nothing will happen.”

“I.. I don’t really feel comfortable about it” she nods “It is also weird for me, but they have invited me before so, I.. I can’t really deny or cancel.”

“I get it” I try not to push it too much. “How is your mother” she changes the topic and I smile “she is doing good, my brother too. They miss you. Would like to see you again”

“I promise to come bye, we can all have dinner, I will treat” I shake my head to her “I will” she shakes her head back and I can her the guys already sighing

“Hello, we are still alone. Don’t rub it in’

 

Ari POV

“What is our story” I look at Chung and he seems to be thinking “Just that after working together for so long we developed feelings for one another, that we have been dating for a month or so, that is is still pretty new and” I nod, and I can’t help but feel nervous.

“Is this outfit all right?” I stand up, this morning I just couldn’t decide what to wear. So I opted for a white dress, not to long, not to short, modest. Form-fitting. “It looks lovely” I can see that he quickly looks away and it does give some weird kind of.. I quickly shake off those thoughts and we head of to dinner.

“We do have to say, we are were surprised when the two of you are dating. We are of course very happy and pleased with this news” His dad seems so happy and his mom is also smiling so broadly at me.

“We are also surprised with the turnout, but mom dad, it is still new so how knows what will happen” I look at Chung and I can see how he is trying to protect me in a way. We continue to chit chat about some upcoming events, what we have been doing and I am really enjoying this dinner. They are so nice and kind.

“We hope to see you again Arian” I bow to both of them “I really enjoyed this dinner, thank you for inviting me” we wait until they get into their car and then we wait for ours to arrive “Do you want to drive?” the car arrives and I shake my head and I hand the car keys to Chung “Not really” he nods and opens the door for me.

 

“I am sorry if they were too forward about us” Chung apologizes to me and I can see that he is truly worried if I felt pressured “You really don’t have too. Your parents are so lovely.”

“I am glad that you get along with them, they are pretty fond of you too.” He chuckles and talks a little bit more about the wedding “You know mi- “

“Just call her Rian” I laugh, and he nods “Well Rian is a little bit more different than I expected, but she is great”

“Really how did you think she would be?”

“Well a little bit more like you, but you two are really good together.” I chuckle “I know we complement one another good, that’s why we are friends” We finally arrive back at the hotel and we quickly go back inside to work more on the wedding

“I think we should perhaps have this a little bit higher” I point to the decoration and Chung immediately takes care of it. “Ari this is amazing” Rian scares me a little and she puts her arm around me “You look like fire, girl…” she checks me out and  I quickly shake her off “Stop” she shakes her head and look to Chung and back to me “You dressed up for him? To impress his parents” she nods and I tell her to be quiet since he is coming to us “Rian, what do you think? Anything you would like to change” Chung bows to her first and she gets out a list “All right, I like everything so far, but last night. I know, I know” she already glares at me “I went online and I found so many cool things, so” she grabs Chung’s arm and walks on with him, showing him things and they are so adorable.

 

I walk back to my office and I bump into John when I step out of the elevator. “John”

“Arian, I was looking for you. There is someone in your office for you” he steps into the elevator and I am not sure what is going on. I open my office and I can’t help but smile

“Hi” Donghae stands up and holds up flowers “Ommy” I give him a hug and he blushes “This is so sweet you.. Ooh” I smell the flowers and he seems glad that I am happy to see him.

“I just wanted to come by and” I pull him closer and hug him. “I love that you came by” I get that he wanted to see me, certainly after I just went to dinner with Chung and his parents.

 

“Ari” My door flies open and Rian barges in, with Chung calmly, while shaking his head, following. “Ooh” She stops and can’t help but look a bit disgusted that he is here. “Ari, we have some things to go over” I can see that Donghae is also a little bit, well a lot, uncomfortable. “I.. Ehm I should go”

“Yeah you should” I glare at her and she walks over to me “sorry to steal her back, we have a lot of things to go over”

“That is all right.” He turns to me and kisses my cheek “I’ll call you “I nod and Chung greets him politely.

“Really Arian?” Rian chuckles and shakes her head “Anyway, now we were thinking that we change the place where everyone is sitting to make it more, like organized.” I look at Chung and he gives me an apologizing smile.

 

We head back to downstairs and quickly apply the changing

“Everything is coming together!!” Rian is so excited, and she jumps around and hugs me “Ooh I am so happy Ari” She takes out her phone and hands it to one of the staff “Can you take a photo of us”

We take a few pictures and then she calls out Chung to join us “Just a few more pictures” she goes to check on the pictures and Chung relaxes a little “I am sorry for what happened earlier”

“no, you don’t have too. I know what Rian is like but thank you.” I smile at him and softly touch his arm, I can see that he is starting to become red.

 

“All right guys. Lets go for a drink. We have to.” She grabs both our hands “It is my treat” we head out and Chung quickly goes to take care of some things and Rian shows me a picture on her phone “Look how cute you two are” She shows a picture of Chung and I “Yes I took it when you two weren’t looking, but just”

“Rian, stop” she looks around and leans in “Come on, you met his parents, you dressed up, and he is totally checking you out and”

“Ready to go ladies?” Chung's voice scares me and I nod “All right”

 

Donghae POV

“Heey” Arian wraps here arms around me and looks apologizing “I am sorry for Rian”

“don’t worry about it, I get it. I think” she chuckles, and I pull her a bit closer.

“What are you doing tomorrow?”  she pretends to be thinking hard  “Spending time with you” She smiles at me and I can’t help but blush “I was thinking the exact same thing”

 

I wake up and it smells so delicious here, I see that Arian is already out bed, is she? I walk out and she is indeed cooking, dancing to the music. I take my camera out and snap some shots of her. She notices me and I pull down my camera “Come dance with me” she takes my hand and we continue to dance a little.

“You got early to make this?” I take a bite and she nods “It tastes great jagi”

“I am glad that you like it” After we are done eating and cleaning up, I can’t help but wonder what we are going to do today. “What shall we do today”

“We can just go for a drive somewhere, go to a park” I love her idea and I nod “We can buy some food on the way, just have a relax day, no more cooking or anything”  

“I love the sound of that” she is already of to change and I can’t help but chuckle. “It is getting hot today, so don’t put on a sweater” I chuckle by her cute remark.

 

“Where are we heading first?” We stepped into the car and we are now just driving “Get some food first? Also a blanket to sit on”

“We can go to the right here” We end up by a supermarket and we quickly go in to get some stuff.  “We should get this” she holds up some watermelon and I can’t agree more.

We head back to the car and drive further off. I turn on the radio and we are both just singing alone. “Babe, we can over there” I see what she means, and it seems like a lovely spot to go “It seems that we can park over there” I grab the food and I watch as she lays out the blanket for us.

 

“Oee Watermelon, Watermelon” She sings it and it way to adorable “It is delicious” we lean back to take in the view and I can’t help but snap some shots of her “Stop” she covers her face with her hand  “Can I see?” I hand the camera to her and before I know it she is taking photo’s of me “Oee how handsome” she pokes fun off me and I hide my face as well.

 

“It is nice to do this” We are now laying down looking at the clear sky “Are you nervous?” I turn to look at Arian “To enlist” I look back and the sky “A little bit, I am afraid that as soon as I leave that everything will change. That my fans won’t be there anymore, that you won’t”

“You fans won’t leave, you know that.” I nod and she is right, but the undouble fear of the possibility still remains. “I am also not going” I look back at her and her expression has softened, smiling.

I pull her closer and she lays her head on my chest. Her words still galloping in my head. She is here, here to stay.