Chapter 14

A New Beginning

 

Aria POV

Hyukjae left again..I feel sad about it but the time he was here was great, we had a lot of fun. What is weird though is that Donghae seems to have changed a bit, we still meet up and we talk all day long but something has changed. Like he is holding back something. I remember that the first time a saw him again I cried by Cho-hee I just didn’t understand why. We talked about it for hours and I know now that he doesn’t like me in the way that I do. He likes me but not in the same way that I do...And that broke my heart. I still have these feeling for him, but I just ignore them now and put them far away..

“Ariii Hyukjae is coming to pick us up in a few minutes!” Cho-hee has been so excited for today. The boys are now all together again and we are celebrating Donghaes birthday today. He was away when he it was his birthday so I couldn’t congratulate him in person. I did over text and that was good. I feel my smile disappearing. That was before everything changed between me and him, the when I saw him he ...”stop thinking of that.”Cho-hee walks in “Hyukjae is an amazing guy, just focus on him. Beside you have been together for a month now.”

I know that is amazing... Hyukjae has been amazing to me. It not fair to him to be sad over someone else. “You are right. Donghae is my friend and Hyukjae something more.” I cant wait to see him. “i am so excited to see him. “ 

We are all walking to the parking lot and I suddenly start to feel nervous. “guys.. how do I look” I feel a bit..I don’t know I want to look perfect. I am wearing a dress but it feels to child like..And to short I don’t know anymore... “you look amazing, Hyukjae will love it. “Cho-hee assures me. They walk in front of me...I just want to hide behind them..What if he doesn’t like it.

When we are in the parking lot, I spot his car almost immediately. I am so nervous, but when I see Hyukjae I feel too relax. He spots me as well and his mouth falls open... Then he smiles, his gummy smile..I smile at him as well and run to him. He opens his arms and I fall right into them.

“Aria...”Hyuk lets me go and looks at me from a distance...”waa you look.. amazing..” his words make me blush and it is absolutely great to hear this from him.  “I missed you a lot “

“yea we haven’t seen each other in such a long time..The last time was..” “the last time was when I asked you to be my girlfriend. “ He finishes my sentence and it feels amazing to hear him say that I am his girlfriend..

Donghae POV

Hyukjae has left to pick Ari and her friends up. I feel so jealous of him, he is going to pick her up...And more than that.. They are dating.. I feel my face tensing up with sadness... I promised Hyuk something and I held my word, but it hurt so much doing it. When I met her she looked so hurt when I hold everything back. We still talk the same but I am holding a lot back. I don’t give her those compliments anymore and ....I just stopped showing her that I like her. I want her to be happy and if Hyukjae is making her happy, I will let go of her. Even though that it means breaking my one heart.

The first day I saw her again, I left her crying. I cried all night and Leeteuk has comforted me all night long. He knows how much it hurts me...

“Donghae it will all work out” I look up and there is Leeteuk he is comforting me again, like he has been doing for the last weeks and days.

“are you nervous seeing her?” more than nervous...”hyung I am afraid that I wont be able to hold back.” Leeteuk hugs me..there isn’t much to say..

 

Leeteuk POV

I walk up to Siwon and he also seems worried about Donghae. “how is Donghae?” he knows that Hyukjae and Aria are a couple and the toll that it takes on Donghae “He is heartbroken but can you blame him?” Siwon nods..

“She is amazing...” i laugh “that is not the only reason...”  “I know ...He really likes her. He likes her so much that he even gives her up. He must be heartbroken. “ We both look at Donghae he really looks hurt, like he is in pain.

“Hyukjae is happy though. “ I am happy that Hyukjae is happy, but to see Donghae so hurt..

“I don’t know anymore...I guess we will see today. “ Siwon agrees “lets just see how things go between her and Donghae. “

Me and Siwon look up when the door opens and there are Arias friend and there is Hyukjae and there...Siwons mouth is open and mine also..We all just stare. She looks amazing, her legs...I look at Donghae and he also seems amazed, but when Hyukjae grabs her hand stiffens his face and he looks away..

“Siwon, Leeteuk oppa” Aria walks over to us and gives both of us a big hug. I still can’t believe that she has such a body...Pff...What to do. Hyukjae wants to show her something and she leaves.

“Hyukjae is one lucky guy...” Siwon mumpels and I totally agree with him Hyukjae is lucky. “Did you see Donghae, he still likes her.”

“and you know what Siwon, I think that she still likes him as well.” Siwon looks at aria and then at Donghae

“you know what, you might be right.”

 

Aria POV

I have never been more nervous, I have been talking to Hae and it has been like always, but it has been different. And the last time we saw each other I ended up crying.  He is still my friend, my best friend but it is different between us.. I shouldn’t worry to much about it.

“Is it okay for us to come as well?” Cho-hee and Chul seem a bit worried and I understand...They are going to someone home and birthday but the only one they know is me and Hyukjae.

“They don’t mind, they are really glad that you guys are coming” I look at Hyukjae..He has been great, he has been so nice to my friends. I am so thankful to him and so happy. He has been really cheering me up these past days. I grab his hand and his gums show. When we get there Hyukjae lets go of my hand and opens the door. Cho-hee and Chul walk in first and are greeted warmly by Ryewook, Kyuhyuk, Sugmin and the rest.

Okay take a deep breath... I look at Hyukjae and I we step together inside. He makes me feel a little bit calmer, but I am nervous to see Donghae. I don’t know what to expect. When we step In Hyukjae sees that I am nervous and grabs my hand. I smile at him and he gives me a wink.  I notice that Siwon and Leeteuk are staring at me...I have missed those fools.

 I greet them and give both of them a big hug. I want to stay and talk to them more but Hyukjae want to me something, So I will go talk to them later. When I am by Hyukjae he grabs my hand and shows me something on his phone. But my thoughts drift and I end up looking at Donghae.. He looks so sad, it hurts me to see him like this.  I should focus on Hyukjae and focus back on his phone.

“Hyukjae I am going to see if they need help preparing the food” Hyukjae seems sad that I am leaving his side, but I feel guilty just sitting. “Will you stay by Cho-hee and Chul, to make sure that they are alright? “ He nods, ooh. I give him a kiss on his fore head and he gets that cute embarrassed smile.  Before I walk away he grabs my hand and presses a kiss on it. The boys are all staring and I feel embarrassed but also happy.

“Ryewook shi, Can I help with anything?”  Ryewook seems happy to see me, we don’t really have been talking a lot, but he seems amazing and is really cute and kind.

“Can you help me finish this?” I nod at him, I am happy that I can help with something. Me and wook are having a good time when a familiar voice speaks up

“Can I help with anything” I turn around and there is Donghae. I shouldn’t stay hurt by him forever, we are friends. I should act like it. 

“Its your party you shouldn’t be doing anything” Ryewook agrees with me but Donghae is stubborn, like always...And we give in.

“Come here you can help me on this” I hand him a spoon and he seems happy about it.

I am happy that we are acting normal and as friends, in the end I don’t want to lose him..I really don’t.

 

Donghae POV
 

Aria hands me a spoon to help her cook, what makes me happy. More than it should, way more... We are talking together and every time she isn’t looking I stare at her, she became even more beautiful than the last time I saw here. I shouldn’t be looking at her like that, I shouldn’t even be thinking about her like that. I promised Hyuk.. They are together now and...It still breaks my heart...Earlier even when he grabbed her hand. I used to do that. I..I want to hold her hands again, but I cant... I feel the tears well up and I am glad that I am cutting an onion..No one seems to be asking questions about it.

 

We are done cooking and we all have gathered to eat, they all seem pretty hungry... It is nice to have everyone together.  My and Aria have been talking real nice I am glad that we can we hang out and Hyukjae doesn’t seem to worry about it. I miss the fact that I cant hold her hand or hug her, but I promised..Her happiness is all I want and looking at her now she looks happy sitting next to Hyukjae. Even though it breaks my heart, happiness is all that I want for her.

 

Hyukjae POV

Aria is talking to the boys and it feels so amazing her being friends with my family. The past month has been amazing. Everything we did or talked about, everything was amazing. She is like my best friend and girlfriend..Well she is my girlfriend and my best friend.  I grab her hand and study the lines on her hand, her hand have been getting softer and softer by every day. I hold her hand and press a kiss on it. Then I feel something hitting my head

“Yaa Stop it! You want me to feel any more lonely ! “ Leeteuk threw a pillow to my head, I smile at him and press another kiss on her hand. Now all the boys are making a fuss about it. I feel getting embarrassed again like earlier, but more than embarrassment it is more happiness.

I look at Donghae and his face is frozen, he looks hurt...I feel bad for him. I really do. I made him promise to give her up , because I knew that I wouldn’t have a chance at her if he went for her too. Then I wouldn’t be holding her hand be he would...Maybe it is unfair, maybe they are mend to be, but we shall see, wont we?

Aria lets go off my hand and gets up to talk to teuk hyung.. She looks amazing today, she just took my breath away. She ...when she walk up to my car. I was so nervous waiting for her, I harassed Siwon for hours about how I was looking...i wanted to look good and great for her. But when she walked up to me I just  forgot to hold myself together, remembering her walking up to me, my mouth falls open again. Her legs..Ooh they are..No words for it...

I have been talking to her every day but seeing her again made me realise how much I missed her. When she ran up to me , she must have read my mind I wanted t hold her so badly. It was also the first time I have exactly said the word Girlfriend to her again. I love saying it, I think Siwon has grown sick of it..hahah aahh what can I do..I like her...I like her a lot.

 

Leeteuk POV

“I hope you don’t mind me throwing pillows to Hyukjae” I wink at Aria, I have missed her to. It is something about her that makes you like her immediately and wanting to be her friend. It is amazing.

“You and Hyukjae look good together” I really want to talk about this with her, I want to know if she really likes Hyukjaes. Maybe she stills has feelings for Donghae, maybe she just gave up on him...maybe...

“he has been really good to me” She smiles talking about Hyukjae, but the smile is different...

“How are you and Donghae?” I know  I should stop asking, I know Hyukjae and Donghae made a promise but..Aish, How can  I just watch and see two people how like each other being ripped apart?

Her smile fades a little what, that can mean that she is sad about something...
“Donghae and I, we are really close friends. He is like my best friend. “ She does smile now..I stare into her eyes and they seem happy but also sad.

“I am glad about that, it seems that everything worked out in the end.”

“Yes, I suppose so...” she doesn’t seem to be so sure about that, she says it but she doesn’t seem to want to believe it. “you should go back to Hyukjae he is waiting for you” I give her a hug and send her back to Hyukjae.

Everything I have seen today it just makes me believe that the feeling between Donghae and Ari haven’t left yet.  I just cant believe that.

“Donghae what is wrong” Donghae called me and I came over immediately “Donghae talk to me” he looks at me, his eyes are full filled with tears.  “I promised....So..Today...I....” Donghae falls to the ground and his tears fall as well...It is heart breaking to see. I know what he promised.

“Donghae...Dont cry..” his tears keep falling...he cries and cries..The only thing I can do is hold him. I feel so helpless.. I promised his father to take care of him and now...I cant even take care of my little brother.

“Hyung...I let her go.. I...I saw her today...I was so mean...I... I let her go..” Donghae starts to cry harder but tries to say something else

“I...Hyung.. I lost her! Hyung It hurts....make it stop..make it stop...I lost her..I hurts!...”

 

Siwon wakes me up from my thoughts... “Hyung are you crying?” every time I think of Donghae crying like that, my hearts breaks again. Even until today he is hurt, almost every night we go to get something to eat. I do that to cheer him up and make him smile and not give up hope. 

I cant give up on them. I know what she means to him and what he means to her. I just have to make them realise that as well. 

I look at a picture of them. It was taken on the first day they met. They are sitting on the couch,  hand in hand, looking each other in the eye, smiling from ear to ear. This picture shows one thing. It shows that they are ment to be, it shows love.