Chapter 26

A New Beginning

 

Ari POV

Donghae spins me around and holds me tight, he must have been worried. I should have texted him.

“Oppa I am sorry that I didn’t text you.”

“Aahh Jagi...That is okay..” He gives me a kiss and together with Siwon we walk back inside. 

I remove my heels and now I am the same height as Donghae again, he wraps his arms around me and he is smiling weirdly. Like he has done something I don’t know yet about...  He covers my eyes and leads me to the living room. He counts to three and removes his hands.

“Oohh...” I gasp they have unboxed everything. I smile at all of them and turn around to give Donghae a big hug.

“Ahh Thank you guys! This is so sweet of all of you.”

There are still 2 boxes to unpack, shall I do them now?  Why not. I walk to the boxes and there is personal marked on it. Personal...That is probably why they didn’t open them.

I open the box and there are a lot of pictures in it. Some pictures of my friends and I, well my friend and I. I truly miss her, I should call her. I take the three frames of me and her and place them on the side table. I can see that everyone is curious to what is in the box and I hand them a photo to look at.

In the box are some of my favourite books and some other little things. I open the other boxes and I regret it immediately. The first thing I see is a picture of me and my mother. I can feel my hands shaking and I carefully take out the photo.

She looks so pretty her, we do really look alike. At least that is what I hope. I hold the frame in my hand and just stare at it. I miss my mother, in times like this I wish she was here, to talk to her, about cooking about Donghae….About everything.

“Who is this?” Heechul walks up to me and takes out the frame out of my hands and walks back to the rest. He shows it to everyone and they all start to comment how much we look alike.

“Is she your mother? “

“You two look like each other.”

“When can we meet her?”

All these questions about her… I can’t take it, I look at them and they are all looking at the frame and handing it to one another.  I look to Hyuk and he seems to get worried about me, I look over to Donghae and he is also looking at me.

“Aria~? “ Hyukjae walks over to me and he carefully reaches out to me.  I look at him and he seems surprised by the way that I am looking. I look at my own face in the mirror and I can see that it is all tensed up and tears are welled up in my eyes… They keep asking who she is and … I should just tell them all in once.  

“That is my mother..” My voice is shaking and everyone stops talking, Hyukjae moves closer to me and his eyes are filled with worry.

“She died not long ago, in a car accident. I saw the accident happen and that was the last day I saw her, we were fighting and that was the last moment we spend together. Not long after my father already remarried. Anything else you want to know. “

I rattle at them and I am almost shouting, I walk over to Sehun and grab the frame out of his hand and storm of to the kitchen.

“Aria! “ I hear Hyukjae calling me and I turn around he is standing still surprised and I feel a tear rolling over my cheek. I turn around and quickly walk back into the kitchen. I look at the photo, I shouldn’t have reacted like that.

“Aria….” Hyukjae enters the kitchen and immediately gives me a hug. “I am sorry that we asked so many questions…”

I put my hands on his hands, I love his bag hugs.

“Hyukjae, I am sorry for the way I reacted. I didn’t mean to..”

“Aria, you don’t need to apologize for anything.” I smile and he holds me even closer, he is always here when I am sad.

“When did Sehun come here?”

“ooh, he called Donghae and that is why he came over, he also brought Baekhyun with him and Chen. I hope you don’t mind…”

“No of course not. You should introduce me though to them.” He lets go of me and I look into his eyes, they look sad.

He nods at me and caresses my cheek carefully. I look back at his eyes and he is staring at me. My heart starts to pound faster and his eyes go from my lips back and forth to my eyes. When I look at his lips I see he is biting on them. Ooh… I do the same and we both look back at each other’s eyes.

“We should go back.” I whisper and he just nods without breaking eye contact. I see someone standing in my eye corner but when I look to the door opening no one is standing there.

I let go of Hyuk and move away from him. I turn around and take deep breath, what I am doing is wrong. I shouldn’t think like this. That is not fair to Donghae.. I turn back to Hyukjae and I instantly freeze.

“Oppa~”  His face is just an inch away from mine, our lips are almost touching and without noticing my lips part a bit.. I look at him and he is also surprised…

“Aria…” Hyuk whispers and moves a bit closer, will he kiss me?  When our lips almost touch, the doorbell rings and we quickly part. We are both standing awkwardly and Hyuk takes more distance and looks embarrassed.

“I..I will go and see how it is.” He trips over his words and almost falls down while walking backwards. I nod and he leaves.

I am holding the photo so tightly to me, what happened? Why is there all this tension between Hyuk and me? So many questions…Hyuk and I should talk about this, but for now I should go back. I can’t hide in here for ever.

I slowly walk back and everyone goes quit. I am looking for Donghae and everyone goes to the side for me to see him. He is sitting in the middle and he looks shocked, like he just saw a ghost. I look at him and after a while notices he that I am looking at him. He looks sad but gets up to walk over to me.

“Aria, there was a girl at the door that said that Rosa would come over tomorrow morning.” Hyuk walks back into the living room and Donghae stops. I look at Hyuk and he walks over to me, I nod and we don’t say anything further.

He looks to my lips again and I bite on mine and look at his as well. We make eye contact and immediately break it off, I look back to Donghae and he is looking from me to Hyukjae. He looks sad and when he makes eye contact to me and he tries to smile, but he still looks…I don’t know, hurt?

He wouldn’t right? What if it was Donghae was standing in the door opening? What if he saw everything that happened? I look to the kitchen back to Hyukjae. What if it really was Donghae? Did I just end my own relationship? With a shocked expression on my face I look from Hyukjae to Donghae.

“Aria, we are sorry.” Heechul speaks up and breaks the awkward atmosphere. I break the eye contact with Donghae and look at the rest. They are all staring at us and the look confused.

“You guys don’t need to apologize, I should. I am sorry for the way I reacted.” Everyone is still looking at us and I just smile. I put the photo on the dinner table and look back at Hyuk, he is looking to Donghae. He is now looking to the floor and everyone is just quit not knowing what to say or do. Me and Hyuk look back to each other and immediately look away.

“Did something happen?” Heechul speaks up and Hyuk and I look at each other with a shocked expression. We both quickly look away and we both start to mumble.

“Nothing happened between them.” Donghae speaks up and everyone goes quite again. He did see it… The tone he is saying it in, the way he looks back and forth from me and Hyuk says it all.

“At least for now…” The last part he whispers but we can hear it all.  Hyuk and I look at each other and he is thinking exactly what I am thinking. Crap…

Everyone is looking at us and they are now even more confused. I break the silence by walking closer to Sehun.

“I am sorry, for the way I acted towards you Sehun.”

“That is okay, noona. “ he is right, I am his noona still weird to hear it.

“we are friends remember. “ I smile at him and he smiles back.

“This is Chen and Baekhyun, I hope you don’t mind that we came.”

“Of course not, nice to meet both of you.”  I smile at them. Even though that this has lightened up the atmosphere a bit, it is still…yea…  I look at Donghae and he is still looking at me and Hyuk.

“Donghae oppa, can I talk to you?” He nods and just walks into the kitchen. I look at Hyuk and he is also worried, I walk up to him and he lightly grabs my hand and stops me.

“Do you think he.. that he…”

“I... Ehm.. I saw someone standing in the door opening, so…”

“You think it was him? You think he saw!?”

We have been whispering and everyone was leaning in to eardrop, but they could only hear the last words that Hyuk said and that doesn’t really help the situation at all. I look at his hand and he quickly removes it and we both make some space between us. I quickly walk away from Hyuk to the kitchen.

I look for Donghae oppa and he is standing by the window, he looks sad. He must have heard me coming in and he turns around.

“Aria…” I walk up to him and he smiles at me, at least he tries to. 

“Jagi, I can arrange an extra ticket and then you can come with me to Hong Kong, wouldn’t that be fun? To spend some time alone?” What? I look confused at him and he continues to talk..

“How should we do it, with our furniture and all. Since now we have two houses.. Should I bring some of my clothes over.. There are many rooms here, I am sure that we can find some place for my clothes and all. “ 

I don’t understand, he wants to talk about this?

“Shall we look for the perfect room?” he is already walking away to find it when I call him and he stops immediately.

“Are we going to talk about it? Or are we going to avoid it? I know you hate fighting, I hate it as well, but sometimes it is also healthy to do. “he turns around and he looks sad…

“Do you really want to talk about to now?” I nod and he nods as well. “Okay then… Well I wanted to check on you, how you were doing, since I am your boyfriend. But it seems that I wasn’t needed. You and Hyukjae seemed close enough.”

“I do need you… You are my boyfriend…” he still looks hurt.. What do?

“You know what I mean. I know that there is something between the two of you. I know that you two have history, but I toughed that it was history and that is was over. That you were all in for our relationship. “

“I am, yes me and Hyuk have history, but like you said, history. You are my boyfriend and I am all in for our relationship. “

“Are you sure about that? “

“Of course I am, why would you ask that?”

“You know why! Because of the fact that there is something between you two, because of the fact that there is some tension between the two of you. I know that I have been away so much and we haven’t had the chance to really enjoy living together, so that might be my fault, but the tension between you two. ”

“Donghae… “

“ It is the same tension what made you two to become a couple… Why aren’t you honest..”

“Honest…You think that I am not being honest?! Donghae, I am not cheating on you if that is what you are thinking. And yes, there might be some tension between me and Hyukjae, but what do you expect. We were together for quite some time and we are still best friends. But whatever that tension might be it is nothing compared what I feel for you, how could you doubt that so much..”

“ Are you sure about that? Because Aria… I can’t stand the thought of losing you.. I can’t lose you… I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Donghae eyes soften and he holds my hand.

“So, I am willing to wait for you if I have to. I will wait until your heart is cleared from any confusion. “

He lets go of my hand and walks out of the kitchen… I look at him leaving and it breaks my heart… My heart isn’t clouded, I love Donghae… I love him.

“Donghae! “ I walk after him and grab his hand, he turns around and looks to the ground.

“My heart isn’t clouded… not at all.”

I don’t know what  else to say and he  looks to me and his eyes are filled with tears… he smiles at me and presses a kiss on my for head and then lets go of my hand and walks upstairs..

I blink with my eyes… Is this really happening.. I set a few steps in his direction, but my legs are refusing. This can’t be, I don’t want to lose him…I don’t… I am staring at the ground, but then I get the weird feeling of being stared at.

I look up and everyone is looking at us, of course they are… they heard everything. Hyuk is standing at the side and I look at him. He looks sad and guilty. He sets a few steps to me, but then also stops. We just stare at each other and everyone stares at us.

“Aria, you are sure that your heart isn’t clouded?”  Donghae is walking back of the stairs and he stops a few steps away from me. I nod at him and he smiles. I nod again and he nods back.

“I wanted to do this, in a more romantic way… But in the end the answer is all that counts.” Answer? Where is he going with this?  I look at Cho and she is also clueless.

“Aria…Will you marry me?”

 

Everyone goes silence and my heart is pounding so hard, did he just… I look back at him and he holds up a ring. He is serious. He is looking hopefully to me and everyone else is also waiting for my answer.

I can’t believe this is happening…. I look back at Donghae and he is still holding up the ring, but he is looking now unsure… Ooh… Yes he is still waiting for my answer..

“… Emm..” I am speechless. This is not what I expected, I look at the ring and then back at Donghae isn’t this to early… No..I shouldn’t think like that, I look back at him. I love him… and that is what matters.

“I love you..” he is confused by my answer. I smile at him and nod at him.. “Yes…Yes..”

“Yes?” I nod and he runs to me and wraps his arms around me. I hold him tight and when he puts me down to the ground he puts the ring around my finger. It is huge, the stone is so huge…..I always joked at him that I wanted a huge diamond on my engagement ring, I never thought he would really do it.

Everyone is cheering, I smile at everyone, but when I look a Siwon, I stop smiling.. He looks worried.. I look back at Donghae and he looks so happy.  I smile at him and he lets go of me. Heechul slurs him into a hug and everyone comes over to congratulate me. Everyone is standing around expect Hyuk, I look at him and he looks back. We don’t say a word and they are starting to stare at us again and before everyone does, he quickly looks away and walks over to me.

“Congratulations.” He gives me a hug and it last just a bit too long… am I never ever going to be able to hug him like that again? …. We break apart and we just stare at each other for a while. I can see that he is sad, it breaks my heart to see it, but.. We quickly break our gaze and when I look at some of their faces I can see that they know that there is still something between me and Hyuk.

I look for Donghae and he is talking to Sehun, I walk over to Donghae and he wraps his arms around me immediately. I smile at him and he presses his lips to my neck and I giggle. He stops because we notice that Sehun is standing and looking a bit uncomfortable.

“Congrats Ari! I am really happy for you two!”

“Aah, thank you Sehun. That is very nice of you and sorry again.” I smile at him, he is just so adorable.

“Hello” I look up and there are standing two boys…Uhh what was it again…Aahh yes, Chen and Baekhyun.

“Hello, nice to meet both of you. I am Aria”

“Nice to meet you, I am Chen” “and I am Baekhyun, congratulations on your engagement”

“Aah, thank you guys. “

Everyone has been congratulating us and it is so nice to see how happy everyone is for the both of us. I look back at my left hand, I still can’t believe this. I am really getting married!!!

Everyone is sitting down and talking to each other, I am preparing some drinks and snacks. This still seems a bit unrealistic.. But I am so happy.

“Ari!!!” Cho runs up to me and gives me a big hug, takes my hand and her face is so funny  “It is so BIG!” I smile at her and she immediately takes some pictures of my ring. “I am going to post this. Hope you don’t mind” I nod and she is back on focusing on her phone.

“I was so surprised when he proposed to you, you two were fighting and I am sorry that we all listened to it and then the next second he proposed to you.”

“That is okay…I know right, but I suppose that is just how relationships go”

“I can’t even get Kyu to ask me to move in….”

Cho continues to talk about her and Kyu, but I am thinking about what she said earlier… the next second he proposed to you   she is right, what if he just proposed to make a point?  We walk back inside with all the snacks and I look at Donghae. He is smiling at me, I shouldn’t worry about that right? He proposed to me because he loves me, but.. Maybe is it too soon?

“Ari” Donghae is holding his hand out and looks worried, he must have seen the look on my face. I quickly smile at him and take his hand. He pulls me on his lap and wraps his hand around me. Heechul oppa is taking this opportunity and stands up to give a toast.

“Eumm.. Everyone..” he makes everyone go quite and looks at me and Donghae.

“Aria, Donghae. I am so happy for the both of you. And thank you for letting us be a witness of this. I would like to say that it was a surprise, than I would be lying. I think that all of us saw from the moment you two met that you two were end game. Or at least I did the first day we met you. Donghae was just staring at you and you were staring right back and of course I saw that of the beginning and have been rooting for you two.”

We are all laughing at Heechuls speech, but I find it very sweet of him to do.

“So congratulations again and we all expect an invitation to your engagement party and wedding.”

I walk up to Heechul and give him a big hug, Donghae walks up to me and Heechul sits down. Donghae wraps his arms around me again and gives me a back hug, I put my hand on his and hold him close

“Well, thank you everyone for congratulating us. Even though this wasn’t planned and I wanted to do it more romantically, I don’t regret asking her to marry me now. And Hyung thank you again and just like he said the day we met it all started. And we would love to have you all at our party and wedding.” Donghae smiles at me, I worried for nothing, he really asked me because he loves me.

“When will you two marry?” Heechul speaks up, he has been smiling all the time and he is so adorable. “I need to plan, what to wear, my hair, my date everything”  I look at Donghae and we are both trying not to laugh.

 “I will let Ari decide that and I will support her in every choice. “

“Aah Oppa~” I smile at him that is sweet.. “Well.. “ I smirk and ooh…Every girls dream, their wedding.

“I would love to have a fall wedding. “ I say it hesitating.. But everyone seems to agree with me I look at Donghae and he is smiling at me.

“I love that idea. I can’t wait for it to be fall...” He gives me a little smirk “This fall you will be my wife.” I love that, his wife..

“Donghae, did you call your mother? You did tell her about this didn’t you?” I look at Donghae and he looks a bit guilty. He didn’t tell her? I raise my eyebrow to him.

“I did ask, tell her. She knows that I was planning on asking you to marry me.”

“Oohh okay, still it would have been nice if she was here.” Donghae seems to appreciate that I am thinking that. I smile at him and he quickly goes upstairs to grab his phone.

 

Donghae POV

I never expected that I would ask her today to marry me, I have been thinking a lot about it the past days, especially since I have the ring. She always joked that she wanted a big diamond so I got it for her.

She is right that it would have been nice if our parents where here as well. I was just… I don’t know, when she told me that her mother passed away and walked into the kitchen, why didn’t she just tell me? And even when I went after her Hyukjae was already there, they seemed so close. It made me jealous in some way. I know that she loves me, but the way he hold her and she was holding him. That looked more than friendship and when they almost kissed.. My heart dropped, even now thinking about it again. I know I can trust her, but seeing that hurt me.  I was so hurt, but still I shouldn’t have been so hard on her. The things I said, well some part where true, but still.

“Donghae where are you calling for? “

“Hyung are you with mom? “ I called my brother, so we can face time.

“Yes, why?”

“I have something to tell you two.”

I walk back stairs and there is Ari, she looks happy. I wanted to ask her in a romantic way, but I think this was also romantic in some way and in the end I can still spoil her with a engagement party and a big wedding.  I look over to Hyuk and he looks sad, even when they hugged after I asked her, he… I should stop thinking like this. She loves me and I love her that is all that matters.

“Donghae, what do you want to tell us?” My mother appears and I walk over to Ari, my mother seems happy to see her again.

“Well mom, Hyung. We have some good news.” I look over to Ari and she understands and lifts up her hand to show the engagement ring. We both look anxious to their reaction. It is priceless. My mother is so happy and my brother as well. I can’t stop smiling and Aria is also smiling from ear to ear.

“I am sorry that I didn’t ask her when you could watch as well.”

“Donghae, that doesn’t matter. I am just so happy for you two! I can’t wait for the wedding, oohh I am going to have a daughter!” My mom is so happy, I look over to Ari and pull her closer and press a kiss on her forehead.

“Mom...” Ari hesitates but my mom nods and looks so happy that Ari looks more at ease with saying mom to my mom. “I wondered if you would like to help me plan everything for the wedding.” Ari looks nervous and we both look at my mom. She is speechless and is even tearing up.

“I would love to…”

 

I love the fact that my mom and Ari are getting so close. We talked for quite a while and it has even gotten dark outside. Everyone is looking tired and it has been a long day. I see that they are also getting ready to go home.

“Ari it was nice to meet you. “

“It was also nice to meet you guys, hope you guys will come by soon.” Ari is talking to Chen and Baekhyun, I wrap my arms around her and Sehun walks up to us, I give him a quick hug and go back to hugging Ari.

“Sehun, it was nice to see you again. We should meet up soon.” Ari gives him a hug and I am glad to see that they get along well. I look over to Chen and Baekhyun and they look a bit jealous.

“I will come by to visit you two soon. Congrats again.” They walk away and we have our place to ourselves again.

I lift her up and carry her upstairs. Ari is chancing in to some sweats and I am also changing, I am glad that I took some pyjamas with me.  I am sitting in this enormous bed and it is amazing. I hear someone laying down next to me and Aria rest her head on my chest.

“We should get up early tomorrow.”

“Why? “ I put my arm around her

“Well you are leaving tomorrow and we still need to grab your suitcase. “

“aah you are right, I will leave in the afternoon, so I can drop you off at your first day of work.” Ari sits up and she smiles

“I would love that.”

I take out my phone and I am letting Ari listen to one of the songs that me and Hyuk have recorded.

 “I love it! How is the rest of your album coming along? You guys have been working hard on it.”

“Yes, we have been busy with recording and is going good. I think we will be releasing it next month. “

“Really? That is amazing! Did you also write a song about me?” She smirks at me and I love it when she does that.

“I am writing a song about you.” I wanted to keep it to myself and surprise her with it, but she won’t hear it until it is done, so she will be surprised anyway.

“Really? “she hugs me and looks so happy. “Can I hear a bit of it?” She looks so cute asking it… Ughh.. How could I possibly ever resist her? 

“Where is your grand piano?” Ari takes my hand and we walk back downstairs, she opens a door and there it is. It looks breath taking. It’s a little pavilion and it is mostly made of glass, you can see the stars from here.

I sit behind the grand piano and Ari sits down next to me. I look at the stars, it is so romantic… I start to play what I wrote for her and the music starts to fill the whole room.

After I am done playing her song, she leans her head on my shoulder.

“I love you…” I look at her and she is touched by what I wrote her.

“I love you” I give her a kiss and we both look up to the sky and it starts to rain.

“You know why I love the rain so much?” she pauses and leans her head back on my shoulder

“When I was little, I and my mum always played in the rain. “ She looks sad thinking about her mom…Hearing what they did reminds me of my father, we did the exact thing. He also took me out when it rained to play. Thinking about him still hurts me.

“She died in a car crash… I miss her every day, she was more than just my mother, she was my best friend, my safe heaven. There are still days when I want to tell her things, mostly about you. “She smiles a little.. “She would have loved you. “

“You know.. My dad also passed away. We also played a lot in the rain, well every time it rained he would take me out to play. I still miss him every day, he was also my best friend. There are so many things that I want to tell him, also mostly about you. I would have loved it, if he had met you. “Still thinking of my dad makes me tear up, Ari notices that I am staring to cry and cups my face.

“He would have been so proud of you, he is proud of you...” Hearing her saying these words make my tears fall and I hug her tightly.

I really loved talking with Ari about my dad and about her mom. I look at her, she fell asleep in my arms with her arms wrapped around me and her head resting on my chest. I love falling in sleep like this with her.

I look at her, she looks so peaceful a sleep, I can’t wait to have this every night. Soon, by fall I will be able to call her wife. Our forever starts, I am so excited for this. I never expected that I would find love, I always hoped that I would find love, someone to spend forever with, my soulmate.

2015 will be a great year. I popped the question already… I wanted to wait and make it perfect for her. I wanted to fill the whole room with roses and just like on her birthday with peddles and throw them in the air. Thinking back to her birthday makes me smile. I should just make it up to her on Valentine’s Day, our engagement party and mostly on our wedding.

My phone goes and I quickly grab it, it is Jungsoo. He called me, should I call back?  I look at Ari, I don’t want to wake her and I also don’t want to move. I hear a ping and hyung send me a message

“Ommo…. You asked her to marry??? Really??”

I send Hyung a picture of me and her and she holding up her ring. It is too bad that he wasn’t here..

“Yes, I asked her. ^^ Too bad that you weren’t here hyungL”

“Congratulations!!!! I am so happy to hear this! As long I am invited to the wedding it is not a problemJ”

“Of course hyung! I am happy that you are happy for us. J I will tell you everything when I see you again!” 

I take a picture of Ari sleeping on my chest and send it to Jungsoo, with the caption  “I am going back to sleep with my lovely future wifeJ”

 

I put my phone away and look back at Ari, she is still fast asleep. She turns her head and she is now facing me. I softly touch her cheek. I could stay like this all day, all night.. I feel myself drifting away looking at her, I never thought I would love someone so much, I found my happy ending.

*                                                                                                     *

 

I can feel the sunlight on my face, I open my eyes carefully and the sunlight is filling up the whole room. I sit up and stretch out, I look over to the other side of the bed, but Ari isn’t here. I grab my camera and I start to walk downstairs, but I am not fully awake yet, I am just following my nose.

The smell comes from the kitchen and there is Ari, she is cooking and dancing at the same time. It is so adorable, I quickly take some pictures and then I take out my phone and make some photos and then a video. I try my best not to smile and then send it to the group.  

“Jagi~” Ari stops dancing and looks to me, she smiles and I open my arms.

“Oppa~” Ari runs up to me and I lift her up and she wraps her legs around me and her arms around my neck.

“Can’t you come with me?”

“Come with you were?” Ari looks me in the eye, I love her eyes. They are brown and on the outside there is a line of dark brown.

“Come with me to Hong Kong and then to the show. Stay with me”

“Donghae… “

“I know… You have to work, but still… Promise me that we will spend every minute texting, calling with one another. I don’t…I don’t want to be without you.”

“Oppa, I promise you… “She gives me a kiss

“I promise you, I will never let you go.”  She smiles at my words and I kiss her again.
Our kiss starts to get more and more intense when we hear someone drop something, we both look up and there is someone standing their…

“Rosa!” Ari looks at me and I quickly let go of her legs and she lands back on the ground. 

“Rosa, I didn’t expect you so early. How have you been?” Ari walks over to her and gives her a quick hug.

“Arian, I have been well. How have you been? Have you been eating well? You lost a lot of weight, I will prepare dinner for you tonight. “

“Rosa~ Why don’t you rest for a little. “

“Rest?  I just got here. “Ari smiles at her, they seem really close. I think that Rosa must have known Ari her whole life.

“I would love you to meet Donghae.” Ari walks back to me and she gives me a hug.

“Nice to meet you Donghae. Be good to Arian, otherwise I will come for you.” I hear Ari giggle and I nod to Rosa.

“I will go and do some grocery shopping, I will go back later. “

“Okay Rosa. Rosa, we don’t need to speak Korean together, just speak in what is comfortable for you.”

Rosa left and we wait until we hear the door close. The door closes and we both sigh… Ari wraps her arms around  my neck, at one hand I am glad that Rosa walked in, I want to take it slow in that area, but on the other hand….I don’t know how much longer I will be able to resist her.

“Wasn’t that close.. “ Ari laughs and walks back to the food. It was close…

“You are really an amazing cook!”

“Thank you~ I learned it from Rosa and my mom. “

We are sitting down at the ginormous dinner table and her food is really amazing, I love her cooking.

“How late do you have to be at work?”

“At 10, so we still have 2 hours to do something together.”

We did the dishes and it ended in splashing each other and making everything wet. I am holding Ari and she looks at my brightly, we had so much fun, we were like little kids.

“Arian…Donghae…” We to the door and there is Rosa again, I want to let go of Ari, but she holds on to me.

“I am sorry for the mess Rosa, we will clean it up.”

“No no don’t worry about that madam, why don’t both of you go upstairs and clean yourself up. I will clean it all.” I bow to Rosa to show my thanks and she gives me a warm smile. Ari takes my hand and we run upstairs.

“She likes you” Ari is in the bathroom and I am putting back on my clothes.

“Really?”

“Yes, she usually never smiles to a boy who is with me. She really likes you, the way she smiled and didn’t cursed at you, hahah”

“Other boys huh?” I feel myself getting a little jealous… I can hear Ari giggle and she walks out of the bath room, she looks amazing. Her hair is a little wet and is lose, it is so long.. She looks beautiful.

“Yes other boys as in class mates of friends. Don’t worry, I am already of the market.” She winks at me and walks over to me, wraps her arms around me. 

“I am not leaving you Donghae, don’t worry about that.” I put my arms around her and look into her loving eyes.

“I promise you, that I will never leave you. “ She smiles at me and gives me a kiss.

*                                                                                                     *

“Rosa, I am sorry again for the mess.”

“Arian, don’t worry about it, it seems you two had fun and then it is okay.” I smile at Rosa, she is so sweet.

“Rosa, we are going. I will see you tonight.” Ari walks to her to give her a hug and walks over to me.

“Ready to go?”

“Just one second, I will be coming in a bit.” Ari gives me a quick kiss and heads to the door.

“Rosa, I wanted to thank you again and it was nice meeting you.” I bow to her and she smiles at me.

“Donghae, It was also nice to meet you. I will see you tonight.”

“I won’t be here tonight, I have to go to Hong Kong for work. “

“Ooh, I wish you the best of luck. Will you be back soon?”

“After a few days I will be back again.”

“aah that is nice, Arian will like that. You have to take good care of her, don’t hurt her.”

“I won’t hurt her, I promise.” She smiles at me and I leave. I walk outside and there is Ari standing, the sunlight is shining on her and she looks like an angel. I take out my phone and take a picture of her. I send it to the others and I immediately get a response of Kangin.

I know you are in love and happy, but you don’t have to rub it in our faces that we are single and dying alone… K

I smile at his text and take another picture of aria and send it also to the group.

“What are you doing?”

“I am taking pictures of you”

“Come, we should also take pictures of us together “ I walk to Ari and she wraps her arms around me, we look so cute together, we also take a picture of us giving each other a kiss and it looks so cute, with the sun behind us it looks even more amazing.

“Can I send it?” She laughs at me and nods, I giggle, they are going to go crazy about this.

*                                                                                                     *

“You should also take this.”  We are quickly packing my bags and then we want to visit my brother and mother and then she has to go to work and I to the airport.

“Don’t you want to have that sweater? “That looked so cute on her when she wore it.

“Okay~ I will keep it, to have your smell around me every second you are gone.”

“You can have my whole closet” She gives me a smirk and we continue packing.

“Shouldn’t we also have some clothes of you brought over to our other home? Otherwise you won’t have any clothes there. “She is right…

“Shall we do that when I get back?”

“Yes let do that, we should hurry and go to your mother and brother.”

“Ehum…don’t you mean our..?”

“Our mother and brother” She smiles at me and we walk out the door hand in hand.

 

 

Hyukjae POV

Looking at the photos that Donghae send breaks my heart, I can’t look at them. Yesterday was such a… It was a happy but sad day.

I can’t get the image of me and her out of my head, we were so extremely close, her big eyes were looking up to me and her breath was warm. She looks so confused, but also… Also comfortable, looking back to my eyes and lips. I don’t know anymore, the only thing I know is that I wanted to kiss her so badly. She was so close, our lips… They almost touched.. I kept on dreaming of it, keep in seeing her… I shake the thought of her off.

I don’t like to see her in pain and ugh…. I still feel bad about Donghae seeing all of it, he must have been really hurt. I should just stop doing this crazy thing, I should stop going after her when she is obviously in love with someone else and they are crazy about each other, now they are even getting married.

“Are you thinking about yesterday?” Siwon walks into the room, he stayed over and I am glad to see him.

“Yes I am, it was beautiful though… “

“Are you hurt?”

“Just a little, but I am happy for them, so it is okay. What about you?”

“I. Ehm..” Siwon chucks up and looks uncomfortable, what is going on? Does he know something that I don’t?

“Siwon…What is going on? What do you know?”

“You might want to sit down for this.”

*                                                                                             *

“Are you serious!?” I can’t believe what I am hearing, she is going to be married of!?

“Yes I am serious, I heard her father talking about it. He already found her future husband as well. He really doesn’t approve of Donghae. “

“No way! He can’t do that to her, doesn’t she deserves to be happy? And what is wrong with Donghae? He is an amazing son in law!”

I can’t believe this, how could this happen? Doesn’t she have a say in who she marries? She should have, but… Wait.

“Did you tell her? Cause now she believes that she is going to marry Donghae and spend the rest of her life with him.” Siwon looks to the floor, you have to be kidding me.

“I haven’t yet, I don’t know how to. How do I ruin their happiness? I...”

“You should tell her. I know it won’t be easy, not at all. But she deserves to know that she is.. She should know, also Donghae, they both deserve to know. If they want a future together, they should know, how else are they going to fight it?”

“You have a point, but I... You are right, I will tell her today.”

I have to record today, so I quickly go to freshen up. I still can’t believe that she is.. Unbelievable. When I come back I see that Siwon is on his phone.

“I send her a text, I am meeting her later. Are you sure that you can’t come?”

“I wish I could, but I am busy all day long. Tonight I am free, so then we can go to her as well and just be there for her.”

“That would be nice, it is too bad that Jungsoo isn’t back yet.”

“Yes, you are right.”

*                                                                                             *

“Good afternoon, I am Hyukjae.”

“Aah, you are a friend of Arian? I am Rosa, please do get in.”

“Where is Ari?”

“She is upstairs in her room, it is so nice of you to come to comfort her. She is going to need all the support that she can get.”

I smile at Rosa and walk up the stairs, I knock on the door and I softly push it open. There is no one here beside Ari, I suppose that Siwon is running late. I look at her and she is lying on her bed, all curled up. It hurts me to see her this way.

“Ari? It is me Hyukjae~” She doesn’t move, I walk over to the side of the bed and I can see that she is shivering and she looks hurt. I try to hold back my tears.

“Hyukkie?” She opens her eyes and look up to me, I smile at her and tries to smile back, but the look in her eyes is just pure sadness.

“You are cold.” I cover her and when I try to grab the chair to sit next to her she grabs my arms and doesn’t want me to go. I climb into bed with her and open my arms for her.

“Please don’t go” I strike over her hair and she puts her head on my chest.

“I won’t go, don’t worry. Go back to sleep, I will be here when you wake up.”

“Thank you~” She closes her eyes and within seconds she has fallen asleep.  

I look at her face, she looks hurt. Really hurt, she must have fought her father on this subject, but he apparently didn’t give in. How are we going to go forward from now on? If she has to marry someone else? How?