Chapter 29

A New Beginning

Junmyeon POV

I tried not to cry, I really did try. But the song promise, it just. This whole situation is so out of control, I am not sure what to feel anymore. I close my eyes and I see her standing in front of me again. Her soft lips, the way she looked in my eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" Sehun interrupts my toughs and I quickly snap back into reality

"About Ari"

"Are you hurt hyung? It must not have been easy to see them"

"It is not, but I already knew the extent of their relationship. It is just"

"What? Why are you smiling"

"I just got hope" Thinking back of her kissing me back, made one thing clear, she still cares for me a lot more than she has admitted.

 

"Ari?" She turns around and she is smiling awkwardly at me, she is fizzling with her hands

"Hi" I stop in front of her "Dad, ehm My father wondered if we could come by. He had something to tell us"

"Okay, shall we go" She nods and I open the door for her, I wonder what he has to tell us.

 

"It is nice to see you again Junmyeon, please do sit down. " I look at Ari and she is also looking confused. We both sit down on the opposite side of her father and someone brings us something to drink.

"You two must be wondering why I invited you."

"We are dad."

"I am happy to see that you two are getting along well. Here is a file for your wedding, some dates, ideas and also a list of wedding planners to choose from."

"Dad..." I look to Ari and she seems to be surprised by his announcement.

"I discussed with your entertainment Junmyeon and we are going to announce your engagement in two weeks."

"Don't we get a say in when we get married, or when we announce it" Ari start to get angry and I take her hand. I can feel a shiver going through her.

"Arian, Junmyeon I know that it must be ideal, but at least you two are falling for each other. You two will still have the last word in your wedding and when you propose and how." This he directs to me and I let go of her hand.

"As long as it is in this month." He stands up and looks at me

"Junmyeon would you like to come with me for a second"

"Yes" I look at Ari and I smile at her.

"I know we have had our troubles in the past, but I hope we can put them aside"

"Of course, sir."

"No need to be so formal, it might be strange to call me father now, but with time we will surly find out how to call one an other."

"Yes.."

"Junmyeon I know how much you care for my daughter. But that is not why I wanted to talk to you, since you two are getting married, I wondered if you already prepared an engagement ring."

"Ahh.." I start to get nervous and think my words over "I haven't yet. "

"I already expected that, that is why I made an appointment for you. You can go and pick out an ring that you like. If you want of course"

"Ahh.. Thank you, that is very kind of you"

* *

"How can I help you" I walk into the store and John is with me.

"We are here on appointment made on the name by McClain" I bow and the lady bows down even deeper and smiles even brighter.

"Please follow me" I look to John and he looks encouraging to me.

"Do you have anything in mind that you would like to buy?" I look over the rings and how am I ever going to choose the right one? One that she likes?

I look around and it is so hard to pick. If I think back of the happy moments we shared the last day we were together always pops up. Underneath the cheery three. I look to the rings and I think I found the one.

"This one please" She takes it out and hands it to me.

"It is perfect" The shape reminds me of a flower and when the light falls right on it you can see the color of the cherry flowers in there.

"This is it. This is the one"

* *

"What is that?" I walk back into the dorm and they all take the bag out of my hands

"Ommoo Did you buy this?!" They are all starring at the ring and I take it back

"Careful, you might break it."

"You are still going to marry her" Chanyeol speaks up and I can hear that he doesn't approve it at all.

"You shouldn't be to hard on her."

"How can you still defend her, after everything!"

"Chanyeol, I love her and she cares for me too. Besides this has nothing to do with you, you won't have a say in this."

"So you are just going to marry her"

"We are getting married, we will announce it in two weeks."

"What!?" This time they all speak up and they all seem to have different feelings about it.

"It is not ideal I know that, but. 2 years ago, we once talked about running away together." I stop talking and smile

"We were lying underneath the cheery three and some flowers were falling down

"Look, aren't they beautiful" She points to the flowers and leans back on my chest.

"They are beautiful, they remind me of you"

"Ooh you find me beautiful too"

"I do" She smiles at my words and I give her a kiss on her forehead.

"I wish we could stay like this forever, without people trying to break us apart or judging us. I just want to be happy with you"

"Ari there is nothing more in the whole world I would like than just to hold your hand"

"Shall we just run away, buy an house for the two of us and live happily ever after. "

"We should do that, we can get a house, a dog, maybe a fish"

"A fish" She laughs and I pull her a bit closer

"Or not, we can live together and build a live for the two of us"

We talked for hours how we would name our dogs and fish"

"But are you okay with how things are now hyung?"

"I am Sehun don't worry"

 

Donghae POV

"Come sit down she will be here soon." Jungsoo makes me sit down and we are all gathered and waiting for Ari. Ahh I can't wait any longer, I just want to see her again.

I hear the door open and closing and She and Choi are walking in.

"How was the concert"

"Amazing!" Cho starts to rattle and I look at Ari. She walks to the kitchen and gets some water to drink. She comes back and she has gotten pale.

"Hi..I got you something" I take her hand and put her ring on her finger, she stares at it for some time before slowly touching me cheek. Why does she look so sad? I expected her to be happy to have her ring back, to be with me again..

She takes my hand and makes me sit down, everyone is now sitting down and she is still wondering off.

"Ari what is going on?" I see the look on her face and I know that it isn't right.

"I need to tell you guys something. I need to tell you something"

"About what?"

"I just came from my dad and...Remember when I was distance and.."

"I do, what is wrong Ari?" I don't like the atmosphere and she seems so nervous

"My dad wanted me to marry Junmyeon, Suho, but I refused and"

"That is why you were talking about disowning.." I try to get all my toughs together, but I don't understand it.

"And now? He gave us permission didn't he?"

"He did, but..." She starts to bit on her lip and I try to keep calm, this doesn't mean anything

"He handed me this" She holds up a file and I blow out some air.

"He...My dad.. My engagement will be announced in two weeks and this folder is like a wedding planner"

"You are." I get up and I can see that she has tears in her eyes "Tell me you aren't going to marry him. That we can still fix this."

"I don't know anymore." Hearing her say that, the pain in her voice.

"I ruined us." I wipe my tears away

"You didn't. My father gave us permission once, he might also do it again." She smiles at me, but I can see that she hardly believes her own words.

"I am not giving up. I am not giving up on us." I take her hands and I nod excessively

"We are going to make it through this"

* *

"How do you feel Donghae?"

"I don't know hyung. I love her and I want to be with her, but the situation is difficult"

"Are you still going to continue to date her?" Siwon look at me, the past days he, Hyukjae and Siwon have been by my side a lot. Trying to comfort me and help to figure out what to do.

"I want to be with her, we just need to find a way how"

 

"Ari, how are you" I drove up to her home and she is sitting on the couch reading a book. She looks surprised seeing me and she walks to me to hug me

"I am better now"

"I have missed you" I kiss her on her nose and she smiles

"I you too."

"We will be going on tour soon" We are sitting down comfortable and she nods

"I really love your song, growing pains"

"Our song" I tick her on her nose and she nods

"I wrote it about us, my feelings, how I felt." I look at her and she has fallen asleep. Soon the news of Junmyeon and her engagement will be announced. I see that she is still wearing the necklace, it does make me smile. After we decided to get back together we put our engagement ring around a necklace, it did feel a bit off for her to be wearing it.

I see her phone go off and it is Junmyeon calling her. I put her phone down, I talked to him yesterday and it wasn't really easy. There was only one question that I wanted to ask and I am not sure if I like the answer

"Hyung" He notices me and smiles awkward at me

"I am sorry Hyung"

"Do you care for her?" He seems confused and I ask him again

"I love her, not only that I am in love with her. I love her enough to let her go if that will make her happy"

"I see."

Ari wraps her arms around me from behind and she kisses my cheek before heading to the kitchen. I look at her and I truly feel happy, she makes me happy and most of all, I feel lucky to have ever been so happy with her... And the fact that I am already thinking of this in the past, scares me the most. Because I am afraid to admit to something I already know, but accepting it is always harder...

 

Junmyeon POV

 

I put the phone down again and Ari didn’t pick up again. The past days she hasn’t eaten or slept at home. I know that is partly because I told her I was seeing someone else as well and now I don’t know what I toughed when I told her that! I hide my face in my hands and I hear someone enter my room

“She didn’t pick up again?” Sehun calmly sits on his bed and I nod

“she didn’t”

“what happened then? You two seemed to get along fine”

“I might have told her that I was seeing someone else as well. “

“You did what?!” I nod embarrassed and he looks in me in disbelieve “Hyung, why would you do that”

“I wanted her to feel less guilty about Donghae but it totally backfired”

“You are kidding, what did you expect..” He looks annoyed at me “ Hyung it is best to be just honest with her”

“I know, I will tell her the truth, but… But first she should pick up the phone.”

 

 

Ari POV

"Ari can we talk for a bit"

"Of course" I look at Donghae and he looks nervous at me, I walk up to him and he makes me sit down next to him

"In a few days your engagement will be announced"

"Aahh I know" He takes my hands and kisses them

"I know you care for him. It is okay Ari, I still love you as much as I did before." I am getting this uneasy feeling in my stomach, the way he is looking at me, the way he talks, like it is already in the past. Or about to be...

"What are you trying to tell me Donghae?"

"I am leaving"

"What do you mean?" I remove my hands from his and he is also trying to keep it all together

"Go to Junmyeon. Don't let your heart get confused by Hyukjae or me."

"Donghae" A tear rolls over my cheek and he smiles at me, he gets up and softly caresses my cheeks and leaves while whispering to me

"I love you." His voice is soft, but still loud enough to be heard. I look at him leaving and I feel like I have been shot.

"D-.." I try to call out his name, but I see his shoulders shaking, head down...He is crying as well, that makes it impossible for me to cry out his name, to make him stop walking, to make him turn around, because this hurts him more than it hurt me. It took a lot more strength for him to say this. I wipe my tears away, but they keep on flowing... I lost him, even though he is still mine... I look at his silhouette and he is getting further and further away, I keep on standing here until he is gone and then I finally let my tears go and I can't help but cry out loud. I didn't want him to hear me cry, but now I have started I don't think I will ever stop...

He is gone, truly gone….

**

 

A few days have past since Donghae told me that we were over, he took the last of his stuff out of my place and it feels weird, not having his little things laying around. His razor, toothbrush. I am playing with my necklace, even though I really don’t want to..I should return it, I look at the ring. It is weird, it has been with me for such a time and now I.. I am really giving it back for what seems the last time. I exactly don’t want to wear it anymore, it makes me sad to look at it…

 

“Ari?” I step inside and Donghae looks like a wreck, I try not to look upset at him and he lets me in, still surprised to see me

“How are you?”

“I am good, how are you donghae?”

“I am all right, why..”

“I came here to give you this” I take off my necklace and hand him the necklace and ring attached to it.

I look at him and he smiles sadly at the sight of me putting the ring into his hand. This feels so weird, like we are totally trough. Like it is truly the end of us. I look to the ground and walk out the door, I avoid looking at him and close the door silently behind me.

I lean against his door and I let out a deep sigh, I don’t want to go home, I look at the elevator and I can go to Hyukjae... I think I should do that.

 

I am not sure why but I am so nervous when I knock on his door, I strike my clothes flat and adjust my coat...

“Hii” his soft kind voice makes me look up and I can see his eyes glistering by seeing me standing there

“Hey” He steps aside to let me in, close enough to still brush swiftly against one another

“Here let me help you” Hyukjae helps me take off my coat and I head to the kitchen to get myself a cup of water.

“Is there something else you would like? Are you hungry?” Hyukjae leans against the wall behind me and I give a shy nod and he lets a little smile escape of his lips

“What would you like?” I lean against the sink to look at him and he walks up to me with a smirk

“I got some ramen in this cabinet” He walks closer and closer, his nose almost touching mine. He leans over to take out the ramen, keeping eye contact with me he is now so close that I can feel his warm breath on my cheek.

“I…I will si-“ I can’t finish my sentence, my voice shaking too much, Hyukjae nods and makes some distance between us. I try to ignore the sad feeling that gets along with it and walk to the couch.

I look at him making me ramen, and he seems so focused... I study him more, his soft hands adding more ingredients… Soft but manly hands… My eyes drift up to his back, did he go to the gym? His back seems broader, broader then the last time I saw him

“Here you go” Hyukjae is now standing in front of me and I can feel my cheeks burning up, why did I have to get caught staring at him, real classy...

“How have you been?”

“good, I have been good” I try not to look flushed and when I look back at him I catch him staring at me too “How are you?” I try not to smile and I can see his cheeks go red as well.

“I-I have been well…” He nervously puts down his chopsticks and can’t even look at me “I have missed you”

“Sorry?” He scrapes his throat and looks nervous at me, did I hear him, right?

“I have missed you” He sounds surer now and looks straight at me, but after a second or 2 he gets shy again and looks back at the table, I also look back to the front and I lean on his shoulder, I can feel him shiver

“I have missed you too” He leans his head onto mine

 

We stay like this for a while, enjoying each other company. I really missed him, his scent, his cooking, his shoulder… I missed him..

“What happened? “

“I just visited Donghae”

“Ohh..You two fought?” I can feel he doesn’t like me talking about him, but it surprises me that he didn’t mention that we broke up.

“ehmm no I returned something that belonged to him” My hand unknowing goes to my neck to touch the necklace that isn’t there anymore. I quickly take another bite

“You two broke up?” Hyukjae lifts his eyes of my neck and I can’t make eye contact with him

“Yes we did, already a while ago”

“Why didn’t you..”

“Why didn’t I tell you?” He nods, because it is weird to tell my ex, who I still fancy, that the guy that I dated after him and I have broken up. The words I want to say are on the tip of my tongue, but they don’t come out. Instead I just look down.

Hyukjae takes my bowl out of my hands and places it next to his on the table and pulls me into a hug. It seems that he knows better what I need right now than I do myself. I lean my head onto his chest and it feels so safe…

 

 

 

Donghae POV

I look at the ring again, like I have been doing for the past week. When she took the necklace off and handed the ring back to me. I still feel my heart aching thinking back of that moment. It made me realize that we are truly over. That...

"Why do you keep torturing yourself." Hyukjae walks in and I put the ring away.

"I just don't know if I made the right decision. How did you..." Hyukjae nods and sits down

"It isn't easy, but look I did make the right descision. You two were... I am sorry.."

"How did you deal with?"

"Donghae... Everyone deals with it differently."He seems nervous talking about it, we both are

"We never really talked about this. Maybe we should now" I carefully suggest it and I can see that Hyukjae is tensing up a bit

"We should..." We sit just awkward for a second, maybe I should just start...

"I never said this, but...I am sorry."

"Sorry?" Hyukjae finally looks at me

"I am sorry for coming in between you guys"

"I think that we both came between each other. I am sorry for being too close to her from time to time"

"You shouldn't be, you were just being her friend. It was me that was paranoid. "

"Maybe.." We are both back in silence, it is just to awkward to talk about it.

"How are you really doing Donghae? You never talked about it" I know by saying it he means us breaking up.

"It wasn't easy" He nods in agreement

"It never is, but what I don't quite understand is why? "

"It... Everything was great, we were happy, I was happy. But then I saw Junmyeon face and then I just realized. That even though it feels right, it is wrong. He cares for her."

"Isn't this ironic..."

"What is?"

"I once toughed the same thing." Hyukjae stretches out and pats me on the back

"It isn't easy, but take it one day at the time."

"You know I told her not to let her heart get confused by you or me, so... If you could"

"I understand. Don't worry. Come lets get some food."

 

Ari POV

"Where is she?" I hear Junmyeon talking downstairs with Rosa and I can hear more of the boys walking in. Why are they all here?

"Ari?" I hear him open the door and I turn my head to face him. I still haven't told him about the fact that Donghae and I aren't together anymore. I haven't talked to him in the past week.

"What happened?" He looks around, my room is a mess. I still haven't cleaned up when I started throwing things around. My curtains are still closed and I am sitting in my window frame legs fold and just...

"Ari..." He opens the curtains and the sun is hurting my eyes.

"How long have you been like this? Is this why you haven't responded to any of my messages?"

"Ehmm" I scratch my throat and get up. My legs almost give out and he quickly runs up to me and helps me get to my bed. I carefully sit down and he is scanning from head to toe

"What happened? Have you been eating? You lost so much weight.. Are you hurt anywhere?" He shoots millions questions at me and kneels in front of me.

"I am okay... I am sorry for not texting you back, I have just been thinking"

"Don't tell me you are okay if you are not. " He goes with his hand through his hair and get out his phone. He really seems worried

"I will call the doctor and then we will just"

"I am not hurt..." I take his arm and softly pull him beside me. He sits down and he looks so concerned.

"I was really worried... I am still. Why are you like this, why is your room a mess, why?" He nervously takes my hands...Afraid to hear the answer.. A million things must be going through his mind right now.

"How are you?" I change the subject and he just nods

"Okay, just worried sick about you. You should have answered your phone! I was so worried"

"How is...What was her name again?" I nervously ask him this and he removes his hand from my arm.

"to be honest." He is biting his lip and closes his eyes before saying it

"I made her up..."

"What? What do you mean?"

"She doesn’t exist. I am not...I am not seeing anyone beside you" He gets red and chuckles a little

"You don't have to feel pressured or anything. It just.." He scrapes his throat and changes the topic

"But tell me... Why are you like this. You know you can tell me anything" He takes my hands and I don't think I have to answer it truly. Since I am not wearing Donghae's ring and it is also not on a necklace, but he doesn’t seem to notice.

He is still holding my hands and still doesn’t seem to notice that the only ring on me is his. His engagement ring.

"I should change...Why are you all here?" I get up and he slowly lets go of my hands and he seems hurt.. disappointed.

"Seems that you forgot, we were going to celebrate today. Just have a fun day, get to know each other better."

"Oohh I totally forgot...Wait here I will quickly change, it will only be a second." He nods and I quickly walk out to change.

 

How could I forget, we have been planning this for so long. I quickly pick a dress and walk to the bathroom.

Woow.. No wonder he thinks I am sick, I look at my own reflection and I just look sick, sad... I splash water on my face and it wakes me up a bit. I should quickly get dressed they must be all waiting down stairs. I walk back into my room and Junmyeon is still sitting there, he stands up by me walking and he cheeks turn red when I catch him staring at me for some time.

"I am ready to go down stairs" He nods and trips on his way over to me

"Are you okay?" I rush over to him and he nods, head as red as a tomato "Here" I help him up and brush of some dust of his suit.

"You look nice Ari" He nervously scrapes his throat and I adjust his tie

"So do you Junmyeon" He tries to avoid looking at me, but I can still feel his gaze on my while I am adjusting his tie and after I am done, we lock eye contact and I give him a heartfelt smile

"I know I told you that I am not seeing anyone else, but if Dong-"

"Well then we are like any other couple" I start to walk out my room slowly and he is just looking confused but follows me

I greet s and they seem to be happy to see me, it is nice to have the opportunity to get to know them better. We have been chatting for quite some bit, but even though we are getting alone well, I just want to roll up in bed and stay there. I excuse myself and head to the kitchen.

"This will do" I am not really of the alcohol, but this wineglass seems to be exactly what I need right now. I chuck it down and I am about to head for glass number two when I see Junmyeon looking at me.

"What did you mean by we are like any other couple?"

"Exactly what I said" I take another sip and I can see his eyes focusing on my neck and then hand

"Donghae and you.." His eyes look hopeful and I nod

"Yes we are no longer together. "

"So that means" He slowly steps forward and I put my hand on his chest

"Yes I do still like you, so lets give it a try" I place my lips softly and short on his and I can him smiling.

"Lets do that. "

 

* 2 Weeks later *

 

Hyukjae POV

I call her again and she doesn't pick up.. Again... I try calling her again when her caller id comes up, I quickly answer

"Oppa"

" Ari why didn't you pick up! Why didn't you text me back!! I have been so worried!" I sigh, I shouldn't run be so angry at her, I try to calm down " how are you?"

" I am okay oppa... You?"

" I feel better now knowing you are okay"

"Why did you call me oppa?"

" we saw the announcement and we toughed about you and Donghae. The fans know, so we thoughts we would just say you two broke up a long time ago and are just friends"

"Aah I didn't even think about that.."

" he is willing to say that so you tell the rest and just stick to that story, okay?"

"Okay oppa"

"Are you nervous?" Her voice shakes when she speaks and she isn't talking like she always does

" I am a bit nervous, to how everyone will respond... Just to everything."

"Take a deep breath... Close your eyes, stop thinking about everything."

I can hear some background noises and Junmyeon voice pops up

 

"Are you nervous?" I hear a chair moving

"I am..."

"Jagi, I brought these snacks.. We always used to eat them when you had a test and you were nervous. I toughed it might help today as well"

I can hear her gasp and I know she must be really touched by his actions

 

"Oppa Thank you, I will call you later"

"Arraso, bye" I hang up and I feel this unwanted knot in my stomach

Jealousy.... I put my phone down and I just feel empty...

 

Ari POV

I look at the candy and Junmyeon is standing nervously smiling at me

"You are so sweet to me..." He takes my hand

"I am not... I am just trying my hardest to be a good fiancé and make up for the mistakes I made in the past" I get a broke in my throat because of him and he chuckles

"Don't feel pressured...I just feel like I have to make up for things I did or didn't notice."

"Hyukjae called" I tell him what he told me and he agrees

"Okay let's go with that story" I fizzle at my hair and he grabs my hands

"Don't be so nervous." He strikes my hair behind my ear and slightly touches my cheek "you look beautiful..."

 

"They are ready for you guys" someone walks in to get us and I start to feel even more anxious. We walk out and I can already hear the cameras clicking... I feel my heart beating so fast and junmyeon takes my hand and squishes it lightly

"Just hold on the me, I will be by your side" we walk in holding hands and the cameras are flashing us so much that we can hardly see, I feel like falling and luckily he comes beside me and puts his hand on my back to guide me. We sit down.

 

"Oppa" I whisper to him and he holds my hand again. We hold our intertwined hands under the table and use the other to hold the mic to talk in.

 

"Hello I am junmyeon"

"Hello I am Arian" we slightly bow and my nerves are calming down

"We are here to announce our engagement"

"When will the wedding take place?!"

Junmyeon looks at me and I look for the reporter who asked the question

"We haven't decided on our wedding date yet, when we have we will let you know"

"Preparing a wedding is a lot more work that we both toughed" he falls in to help me and I give him a smile.

 

"Will you hold a public event to celebrate this all?"

"We will try to include the fans as much as possible" I speak up and I can see that Junmyeon smiles proudly at me. He puts our intertwined hands on the table and strikes slightly with his thumb over my hand to make me more comfortable

"But we also hope that everyone can understand that this is a private matter and will give us the privacy that is needed from time to time"

 

Donghae POV

 

I keep looking at their intertwined hands and it makes me sick I look at Hyukjae and he also doesn't seem pleased with this sight.

"Are you okay Donghae?" Kyuhyun sounds awkward and I just nod.

"Do you think we will be invited to the wedding?"

"I think we will be, it would be weird if we were not"

"And would it not be weird if we were...to think of Junmyeons side" Hyukjae sounds serious and he is right. Would it not be uncomfortable for him...

"Lets not think about that yet, it is not that far. Maybe we won't even hold a wedding we don't know yet"

"I going for a walk." I head outside and decline them joining me.

I walk to the tree... Memories flashing back. Maybe this is the punishment I must face for stealing her from Hyukjae. I sit down and I hear a car pulling up not far from me. I really wanted to be alone seems I have to find another spot to think.

 

"Donghae?" I hear Ari's voice and she is standing not far from me. We are both looking confused

"Arian..." I try to hold back, I want to run up to her hug her hold her tight but I can't.

"How are you?" I stumble over my words and she faintly smiles

"Okay... How are you ?"

"I am..." I don't know how I am... Lying has no point she will notice that.

"Seems we feel the same way..." She walks closer to the tree and catches a falling leaf

"I should go" she looks at me one more time and she is balding her fists

"You don't have to go, we are still friends aren't we?"

"We are but now... For now I just can't be close to you..." She almost whispers and I take her hand. I can feel her shiver and it feels like electricity going through me

"It will get easier won't it? We will be..." I stop talking and we are both just looking at our hands. It feels so right... Like it is the place where my hands belong.

"Donghae...." She stammers and when I look into her eyes she quickly looks away. She looks confused, my actions have been confusing lately. I say this when I act the other way and most importantly feel the opposite.

"I have to go...my father wants to talk to me. I just came here to escape the wildness for a little while before returning to it."

"Our escape place..." I smile at her and her eyes turn sad

"One of the many places that we share..." She quickly lets go and gets back into her car

And here I am left looking at her driving away... Still holding my hands in the same place. Her warmth is slowly leaving the scent she left behind seems to be leaving with her as well. She is slowly leaving...

 

 

Ari POV

I park my car and I lean my head on my steering wheel. What are the chances of meeting Donghae. I... It just hurts to see him, physically, mentally... AAII what is wrong with me! I hit the horn and a loud noise goes of.

 

I see Junmyeon walking outside and when he spots me, he takes out the umbrella and runs to me

"What are you doing here in the rain? Did you press your hoo-" he stops talking when he sees me shivering and while holding up the umbrella takes of his coat and puts it around me

"Come lets go inside, warm you up. I don't want you to get ill" he puts his free arm around me and leads me inside. I see my father waking to is and also his parents, they start to show concern towards me and Junmyeon explains it is raining hard and that I couldn't lock my car.

 

He politely tells our parents to sit down and that we will be down any second and leads me to my room. He sits me down on a chair and goes looking for a towel.

 

"Why did you...?" He hands me the towel and smiles at me

"I didn't think you would like them to know how you felt about this entire situation.. Or your true feelings. I just..." He stammers and I take his hand

"Thank you..." He smiles relieved at me, but still something in his smile doesn't seem right. I get up to change and he sits down to wait for me.

 

Maybe...would he know I saw Donghae? I change into something more comfortable and he is still patiently waiting for me. How does he have so much patient. So much... He notices me and I shake off my thoughts.

 

"Lets go downstairs, seems they have something exciting to tell us" he offers me his arms. It feels nice to have him this close, comforting, warm...

"We have organized a party to celebrate your engagement. This will be in a week from now so please start preparing your speech and everything else, manners, composure, everything." I look at my father and he seems so excited, he keeps on going on and on how important it is, what it will look like, that it will be a surprise for us.

"How will all be invited?" Junmyeon seems to thinks of something and he is biting on his lip

"Everyone how is close to us, family, business partners, important people. Of course your members will be invited as well and there families included"

"What about the fans, how are we including them into this?" I take junmyeons hand and he seems to relax a bit, I know that this must be the question on his mind.

" later we will host another event and that will be exclusive for the fans, we still have to discuss the little details. If you two have any ideas do let us know"

Junmyeons squishes my hand to let me know he appreciates my help. And I squish his hand to tell him it was no problem

"Junmyeon I wanted to ask you if you were to hold a speech first and to really welcome and thank everyone for coming." I look at my father and everyone seems surprised.

 

Junmyeon can't believe it and neither his parents. He starts to stutter but finally thanks my father and agrees to my fathers proposal.

"You don't mind Arian do you?"

"Of course not." I smile at everyone, this is still a weird situation.

"You two should also practice seeming less awkward together. Today when you walked in it felt awkward between you two. Maybe.." My father looks at rosa back to us and then just nods

"Maybe you two should live together. Junmyeon you could move in here, enough space." My father and his parents agree on this matter and we are just sitting awkwardly next to each other.

"It would be a simple way to shut down the rumors and questions why they aren't living together." They seem to make all the decisions for us and we just look and listen to them. We really don't have a say in this , even if we were to disagree they would still make it happen.

"Junmyeon how has the filming for your movie been?"

"Go-good sir, I am really enjoying this new experience."

"You are taking care of your health right? Eating well, trying to get enough sleep?"

"I am doing my best sir, eating healthy, working out."

"Good good. Arian you should visit him on the set one day." I raise my eyebrow at my father and just nod

"I will tell rosa to cook healthy meals for you, that way you will stay healthy."

 

Junmyeon POV

 

"I can't believe what your father has told me just now... He seemed so interested in me, he always used to"

"Despise you..." Ari gives me a cheeky look and I nod

"Kind of... Seemed like that, but now."

"You are becoming his son in law of course he is happy with you"

"Still.. Also about ummm.. The moving and all"

"If you are worried were to place your clothes we can just build one of the guest rooms into your closet." Ari interrupts me and her answer is surprising. I thought that she would be against it and I wasn't really going to push it, hearing her say this, it just makes my heart flutter. I try to hide my smile from here and she seems to be focusing back on her book

 

"what is don't get is why he asked you to hold the speech.." She puts her book down and sits up straight and gets up

"Maybe..." She starts to wander In her bedroom and it is an adorable sight to see her walk in circles, deep crease in her forehead thinking hard.

"He wants to see how you are doing, to show everyone what kind of person you are. You should start preparing today, you can't mess up" I take her arm and lightly pull her bedside me.

"We will prepare everything we can prepare and we won't mess up when the time comes"

"I saw Donghae" she flops it out and I take my hand of her arm. I don't even notice it, it just went automatically

"I already had such a feeling" I try not to such how much it affects me but she still seems to notice

"I went to get some air and he also seemed to have come there, I didn't expect to see him." I can hear that she is panicking a little and I try my best to smile at her

"I know... Don't worry, you two are now just friends. You don't have to justice it to me." I tick her nose and get off the bed

 

"Oppa..!"Ari calls out to me I turn to her

"I have been alone for the past week and now... I just don't want to be alone anymore.. Would you.." She break off her sentence and I nod.

"I will stay."

**

Filming lasted until late today and I quietly walk up the stairs, I don't want to wake her up. I wash up and when I enter her room she seems to be a sleep.

 

So much has changed in such a little time, I can't complain but it does take some time to get used to all of it. The fact that I also live here is still something that I don't quite believe yet.

 

I get startled out of my thoughts by Ari, she seems to have a bad dream and I carefully wake her up

"Hey..."

"Oppa you got home... I tried to stay up but I was"

"Is okay Ari, just go back to sleep" she hold my arms and turns and closes her eyes again. I try to get my arms back but I also don't want to wake her up.

 

I carefully climb next to her, I never thought we would sleep next to each other. When she asked me yesterday I just thought she meant for that night. When j told Sehun about it he was so excited. His stupid grin Aah...I look at Arian, so many worries must be going trough her mind. I have replayed our annoucement over and over and thinking about it still gives me hives and a head ache. Even more the coming stress that will come, I am already happy that the responds has been mild, not to much hate..

 

Ari Pov

 

A few weeks have passed and I am getting sick of planning the wedding. I forcefully put down my planner, I am so sick of it. I hear someone walking in and it is Junmyeon, I look on my phone and it is almost midnight..

"I didn't know you were going to be gone all day"

"Yea I also spend some time with the guys at the dorm" He gives me a half apologetic smile and seeing him makes me so irritated

"How fun" He doesn't seem to notice my sarcasm and nods in agreement.

"Yes it really was, we have been working for such a long time and having some time to ourselves is really great."

"Well I suppose I will just throw your food away, since you have already eaten"

"Oohh.. You had food ready?" He strikes his hair back and I bit my lip to not shout at him

"Yea I had, like every other day you forgot to tell me that you weren't coming home early, spending it with your boys." I forcefully stand up "But don't worry it is no big deal, as long as you had fun, right?"

"Arian don't be like this"

"Sorry?" He tries to calm me down

"I have had a tired day lets not fight"

"And I haven't you mean? Ever thought I might also have been waiting where you were?"

"Come on Ari"

"No, I have let this go for such a long time, every time you didn't answer I just pretended it was okay, but no! Is it that much trouble to just let me know where you are, how you are doing?"

"Ohh Come on! How old am I, do I really need to explain my every move!" He starts to look irritated as well, but his words are pissing me of even more

"I didn't say that! I only want to know if you are eating home or when I will see you again, but don't worry about." I take my stuff and he tries to take my arm but I shake him off

"I am sorry okay"

"Don't say it if you don't mean it."

* *

"How is the wedding planning going? Have you guys set a date yet" We are having dinner with our parents and we are just sitting awkward next to each other, ignoring each other

"Fine" We both answer at the same time and I can feel our parents looking at us

"We all know planning a wedding can be a lot of stress, so communicating is key" His mother gives us some kind advice and I nod, I know she is right, but it just feels off.

"What about a date" My dad forces the topic back up and I shoot darts at him

"Dad, didn't we get to decide when or how"

"Yes but time is flying, fall is almost over."

"Dad. We will decide on a date, we haven't decided yet"

"How about 10 January" My dad continues and I put down my fork and knife "Yes lets do that, I will release a statement"

"Dad that is in a few months"

"Better get working then"

 

"How is the wedding planning going?" Jungsoo hands me a cup of tea and I sigh deeply "Aah that well"

"Well we released a statement that we would get married at 10 january but then he is on tour, so we postponed it"

"Ooh really? Have you guys set another date yet?"

"No not yet, but I believe so far as possible" Jungsoo looks worried at me and takes my hand

"Why? Are you two not in a good place? Junmyeon also has been grumpy lately"

"We just keep on bumping heads for the least important things. We are both so stressed, he is touring as well, so that also adds a lot to it"

"Okay...Just be sure to plane your wedding with a smile okay?" I nod and he is right this is supposed to be the happiest time of my life, but why.... This just ...

"Oppa I have to go, I am meeting Donghae"

"You are?" His eyebrow raised, I ruffle his hair and smile at him

"I still have some stuff at his flat" I think back of his painful phone call and I can feel my smile fading

"Sorry..That must be hard for both of you"

"There are more fun things to do, but we can't avoid it. Thanks oppa, I will be back soon"

 

"Hi" Donghae opens the door and I don't really know what to do, I almost leaned forward due to automatism and I can see him also lowering his hands.

"Come in" I look around, still the same. I walk to the piano, full of dust. He must not have the time to play it.

"I will get your stuff" he head to our..Well his bedroom and I follow him, I lean against the doorpost and I remember our valentine’s day. Rose peddles everywhere... I sit down on the bed, it is like I can smell them again. Hearing a stomp wakes me up and I see Donghae holding a box and he puts it down and awkwardly looks at me.

"Can I.." He points next to me and I nod.

"How are you Donghae?"

"I am okay" His voice shaking... "How about you? I saw the news about your.."

"I am okay... I... Yes he is touring then so we had to.." This is to awkward to talk about.

"Can we talk about us" I look at him and we have been avoiding this topic for months now

"Yes, I would like that" Why..Why on earth did I say that! I try not to show my embarrassment but Donghae seems to nervous to have even notice my poor choice of words

"I..I am conf-"

", I am so sorry" My phone goes off and I quickly answer

"Yes..What?" I jump up and Donghae looks confused at me "Yes I will be there in a second" I hang up and Donghae looks anticipating at me

"My brother is in the hospital..."

"What?"

"I..Ehm.." I start to rattle, "I should go, I have to go"

"Wait are you with car?"

"no I came..no.."

"you have so many cars and still you don't use them" He laughs and I can't help but laugh as well.

"Come I will bring you"

 

We arrive at the hospital and we both head in and someone leads us to where my brother is, I see my stepmother standing there and she seems shocked and horrified by the sight of Donghae at my side. I look at him and he seems uncomfortable as well.

"Don't go" I whisper it to him and he nods in respond. We are all waiting for the doctor to return and when he does we all jump up, he explains to us all that happened and it sounds terrible. I try to stay calm..

"here go sit" I sit down and he tries to calm me down "Breath, you always forget to breath when you panic" I let out a little chuckle and I totally don't hear my dad and Junmyeon joining us

"Are you feeling better?" I nod and Donghae strikes some hairs out of my face "You still don't look well"

"Is just a lot to take in" I finally notice someone staring at me and it is Junmyeon, the doctor is explaining the situation to him and my father, but can't keep his focus on the doctor and keeps on glancing over to us.

Donghae notices and he takes his distance of me, I stand up when my dad approaches us and Junmyeon is talking to my step mother now

"Donghae long time no see" I raise my eyebrow to my father and he looks worried at me

"Why don't you go home Arian, I will call you if anything changes"

"How can I go dad"

"Arian, your health is also important, we can't do anything about you brother now. But we can still prevent you from falling ill"

"okay.." I do feel a bit light headed... Donghae supports me and I take his arm gladly

"Donghae I trust you will take Arian safely home"

"I will sir" My dad nods and I can feel Junmyeon eyes burning in the back of my head as we two head off.

 

Junmyeon POV

"Whoopss" I throw some glass on the ground and when I try to pick it up, I fall to the ground...

"Junmyeon?" I blink with my eyes and look up

"aah an angel" I smile but she doesn't smile "Well I suppose not then"

"Where were you?" She tries to help me up, but I shake her off

"No!" She backs off and heads to the kitchen

"Here drink this"

"I won't!"

"Junmyeon don't be a child, drink this glass of water..." I let out a little chuckle and I can see she is holding back her anger

"Don't tell me what to do...Where were you tonight, huh?"

"I was at home"

"In bed with Donghae, sure of it" Ari looks disgusted at me "Tell me I am wrong"

"Why are you saying such things? I told yo-"

"Ya Ya you told me, Donghae and you are over...."

"We are"

"Don't lie to me... " I stand up and she looks shocked at me

"At the hospital, you came with him, he was comforting you..." I let out a chuckle and Ari is looking in disbelieve at me

"Do you have any idea how that feels!? To see you two together, him bringing you back home, not me. I came there for you, I wanted to support you... Do you know how humiliated I was... By you sleeping with Donghae"

I see Ari's face hardening and she walks of to the stairs, and I know I should be quit, cool off, but my mouth can't stop talking.

"Where do you think you are going, huh!? I am talking to you!"

"Well try listening to yourself then, I am going to sleep. You can sleep in the guestroom"

"Sure, let me call Donghae for you so he can hold you warm" I shout after her and I hear her slam the door behind her.

 

I wake up with a terrible head ache and my back is hurting so much... I decided to sleep on the couch and when I think back off what I said to Arian, I feel like hiding, wanting to turn back time. I wanted to talk to her about this, but this was definitely not the way to do it.. I hear footsteps slowly coming down and I see Arian heading to the door, she looks nice, heals on, nice dress...

"Arian" She stops and looks at me, not saying a word

"I am so-"

"You know, we might be forced to be married, but that doesn't mean we don't have to be civil with on another"

"Ari..." I can't believe what she is saying

"I have to go" She leaves and I hear the door shut tight behind her

I can't believe I screwed up again! We were already tensed enough, I should be fixing things, not making things worse... I am not sure what I have to do to fix this... Lately it just feels like we are falling apart and at this rate I don’t know if we are going to make it..

If we are going to get married at all.