Chapter 16

A New Beginning

 

Aria POV

“are you still thinking about the car ride and all?”  Cho-hee always seems to guess right about my thoughts.

It was also a weird car ride, it has been a week since Donghaes birthday party and Hyukjae brought me back home. In the car ride I pretended to be asleep and was thinking about all that happened. He also didn’t say a word to me, he just drove and when we got at the hotel he didn’t stop and kept driving to the ice cream shop we had our first date.

“heey wake up, I thought it might be nice to get some ice cream.”  Hyukjae has a weak smile and tries to look happy. He just looks a bit miserable is instead off happy

“Okay, It would be nice to have some ice cream.” We walk out of the car and inside the store, it is just awkward between us. They say the first date is awkward well this feels like the first date.. It is so awkward.

Hyukjae is ordering the ice cream and he is a big fan of strawberries so he usually orders strawberries flavour for him and when he is sad he usually eats chocolate flavour ice-cream and this time he orders chocolate..

“thank you” I thank Hyukjae and he sits himself across of me.. I don’t know what to say... I look at Hyukjae and he isn’t really eating his ice cream he is more poking in it. It makes me feel bad, maybe I have been thinking too much about my own  feelings instead of his.  He is holding with one hand his ice cream cup and his hand must be really cold. I cant even hold mine for more then 5 seconds..

I grab his hand and his hand is really cold. He looks up to me, but I am pretending to be eating my ice cream, but I see his eyes light up a bit more and he doesn’t look as sad as before.  I want to know what he is thinking.. I want to know what he is feeling. Instead of us coming closer I feel us falling apart and drifting apart..

 

Hyukjae POV

She grabbed my hand and that makes me happy. She still cares for me, but I don’t believe it is in the same way that she feels about hae... When they are together they look like a couple, they seem in love.. Me and her, we seem more like friends than something more..I like her I don’t want to lose her, I want to make her happy.. But if Donghae can make her happier than..

“I like you...” She looks up from her ice cream and she doesn’t seem to understand why I suddenly said that..

“I haven’t said that enough... but I really do, I like you...” She seems to be thinking and not sure what to say..

“I like you too “ she is a bit embarrassed to say it, but it warms my heart more than she can know..

“lets go” we get up to leave, but it feels more like we broke up than anything else.. I look at her and she seems to be feeling the same thing..

The ride home is now even more awkward, we aren’t talking and we are just in silence... I can talk about anything with her, but I don’t know what to say... We reach to hotel and she says thankyou and leaves..I she her walking away from me and this feels like the end...I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I don’t want it to end, not yet..I need to stop her.. I get out of the car as quickly as possible..

“ARI! “ I yell her name and she turns around, I run up to her and hug her.. She doesn’t respond immediately but she hugs me back..

“what is wrong?” How do I explain to her that I don’t want to lose her? “I ..I don’t want it to end yet..I don’t want to lose you yet..” I let go of her to wipe my tears away and she seem shocked to see me cry.. It causes to form tears in her eyes as well and that is not what I wanted.

“You are not losing me...” she seems to mean what she is saying, or at least I believe it and that is enough..

 

I think that all the members noticed that I am not really with my head in the performances..  this is the last one in japan and then we are off to China, but fortunately we will stay in Korea for some time. I cant wait to see Aria, we have been giving our relationship a second chance and I am happy about it.

Maybe it is wrong to hold on, but I just want to be sure that it isn’t meant to be between me and her.  Is that wrong?

 

Donghae POV

Me and Ari have been talking more than usual and it feels good. I don’t have to hold anything back, but she is still in a relationship with hyukkie  and I told her that I will be waiting for her here. And I will. I want to give her enough time to figure out, it might have been wrong from me to say I liked her, especially because she is in a relationship with Hyuk, but...It feels right.. We finished our show fast, well it seems fast..

I really want to take Ari to one of our concerts, I want her to know what I love doing. I am now on the plane back to Korea with all the boys, we are all excited. Our super show just started again, I want to take her to every single one. I want to do so many things with her, I want to go to the Han river, I want to go ice staking...I have so many plans for me and her...  It is weird this feeling,  but I want it..I want it for ever...

“Donghae wake up” Leeteuk wakes me up. I must have fallen asleep on the plane. “ We are back in Korea” we all get off the plane and I look at Hyuk.. He is calling Ari.. This gives me an jealous feeling but more than that a hurt feeling. Teuk hyung walks up to me and drags me into the car..

“Look Donghae, you can’t force her to come to you. If she likes you, she will come. Now her and Hyuk are still together, let them figure out their feelings first and when they have resolved what is between them she can be fully with you.”   I don’t know what I would do with out Hyung, this is usual something that I would ask my father, but...

“I am glad that I have you Hyung” He smiles at me and together we drive back to Seoul.

“Hyung should we go and eat something? I am hungry~ “ Leeteuk seems tired but for me he is already packing his wallet to go and get some food. “I should drive hyung, lets take my car.” We dropped our bags in my room and are now in my car on our way to get food. It is to bad that we couldn’t find Hyukkie, It would have been nice if he came along...

“Whaa is that Hyuk driving away?”  we see Hyuks car driving away from us. Where would he be going? Maybe to Ari? I feel my  smile disappear from my face and my heart aching.. “Lets follow him”

We have been following Hyuk on a distance and Leeteuk has been laughing like crazy, he is so excited about this. It seems that he must have missed us a lot and wants to spend every minute with us.

“Look he is going in that parking lot” Leeteuk suddenly freezes and  grabs my hand “we should leave him and go. “ He seem to panic a bit..Why? I try to look at hyuk but he is stopping me, I try again and then I frees up..I was right he is there to pick up Aria.. I cant look at this anymore and I turn the car around.. Leeteuk doesn’t know what to say but I can see that he feels guilty..

“It isn’t your fault.. I also wanted to follow him, we could have know that he was going to see her..”

“Lets get your favourite to eat, tacos” Leeteuk tries to be as happy as possible to cheer me up, I appreciate that he is trying, but I just feel hurt..I know that it isn’t my place but still...

 

Aria POV

“Cho-hee!” I am so excited, Hyuk just called me. We have been talking and it has been good, but something has changed.. We are giving our relationship a second chance and I am also trying hard too.  I was really hurt when he cried in front of me and asked me not to leave him. He shouldn’t worry about that I am not going to leave him, even if our relationship won’t work out. He is one of my best friends. I also felt really guilty, I haven’t really done anything wrong, but how I feel about hae that is wrong.. I should be full into our relationship instead of getting feelings for someone else.

“what is wrong?” Cho-hee comes up to me, half dressed..”Why are you half dressed? Are you dressing up for some one? “ She starts to blush and mumbles something..”Kyuhyun...” her checks turn tomato red and it is adorable. Her and Kyu have been bonding a lot over the past week. I used to think that Chul was the man for her,  but she has more in common with Kyu and it also seems like he really cares for her. 

“Are you two going on a date?”  I am glad for her, I hope things between her and Kyu work out “we are going on a date, but why did you call me?” she avoids talking more about it and I will hear her out later tonight..

“Hyuk called me and he is picking me up,. You need to help me choose what to wear and I will help you choose another outfit. “ Cho-hee looks excited for me, but later by hearing my words looks down to her bottom “Why what is wrong what I am wearing?”

“Just know let me help you”

 

“Okay, now you look great!” I help Cho pick out some clothes and now she looks great. We also decided what I should wear and I am glad she helped me.

I get a text form Hyuk and he will be here in five minutes “I am going to the parking lot, Hyuk is her. Have a great time tonight and I will hear everything tonight!”

I am waiting for Hyuks car to arrive and there he is..  HE gets out of the car and comes up to me and hugs me tight.

“I am so glad to see you again” Hyuk lets go off me and opens the car door for me.. “still a gentleman”  I wink at him and he chuckles, bows over to me ...His face gets closer and closer..I feel my heart pounding harder and harder. Will he kiss me? OR.. He looks at my lips but instead of kissing my lips he kissed my forehead.

 

We are just about to drive away when Hyuk gets a text, they are inviting us to the dorm. They are all meeting up and are inviting us to come. Even though it would be nice to spend time together, I would also like to see the others..Exactly I want to see Dong

“Should we go or do you want to spend time together? “ Hyuk interrupts my thoughts..”We will spend time together either way.”  We choose to go the dorm, maybe this will be a stupid choice..I wanted to spend time with Hyuk but more than that.. I wanted to see Donghae...

 

We are standing in front of Hyuk home and he is taking out his key. Seems like everyone already arrived. Even cho is here with Kyu. They all seem to be teasing them about them liking each other. When we walk I don’t even get to chance to great all of them. Ryewook slurs me to the chicken to help him cook, but there ws just enough time for me to see Donghae.

My heart is beating like crazy...I am feeling..Oohh I am so nervous to see him. I try to focus on the cooking, but my thoughts keep tracking down back to Donghae. I think..I think I like him, more than that..

 

Hyukjae POV

“I didn’t know you were with Aria” Siwon and I are talking together “Yes I called her after we landed and I really wanted to see her. I told Siwon what happened last week.

“You know what I wanted to tell you earlier, but I don’t want to hurt you. “ He looks nervous but I think I already know what he is going to tell me, I just need him to tell and corm firm it.

“You two don’t really seem like..Like a couple anymore..At first you did , but now you two seem more like friends, to be really honest..” I feel my heart drop, but he might be right.. I like her but it isn’t the same as before... I think I figured out what that feeling was..

“I..You are right.. Something chanced between me and her. I still like her, but the feeling that I first had is gone. Or maybe it just chanced into this, but I don’t know. I just don’t want to lose her, but I want her to be happy and more than me, Donghae seems to make her happy. “

Ari just walked into the living room and we stop talking. I look at Donghae and he seems nervous, he looks anxious. His eyes meet up with Ari’s and they  both just frees and look at each other.. Everyone seems to notice it, even though it breaks my heart to say it.. “Do you see that, that is love”

 

I just stayed aside and let Donghae sit next to Aria..They seem happy, they are both glowing and smiling. It breaks my heart, but I know what I have to do..I promised it also to hae.. Siwon seems to worry about me and turns on the tv. We sap to some chancels and we stop music bank, we are all watching the bands that come up... But then a familiar tune comes up, we all get a shocked look on our face and frees up. That is our song...We don’t know what to do and Aria also doesn’t seem to get the situation. She is still looking at the screen, but then she also gets a shocked look and drops her spoon.. On the tv she can see us performing..

“Aria...” I don’t really know what to say, we are all standing in front of her. Cho-hee is also pretty shocked and Kyuhyun and ryewook are talking to her. I don’t know what to say, I feel terrible for hiding this. More so am I afraid to lose her over this.

“Is this what you guys wanted to keep from me?” Aria is the first one to break the silence. “yes it is and we all wanted to tell you badly..” Donghae is the one answering... He is still sitting next to her and looks extremely worried and afraid.  I don’t like this, she is still my girlfriend I should be taking care of this. I walk up to her and grab her hand . The other just look surprised and Hae looks even more hurt...

                         

I sit her down in Donghaes room and she isn’t looking at me.. this makes me feel sick..Am I losing her?

“so are you guys a band or?” She makes eye contact and I feel so relived. Nothing has changed in her gaze. She still looks the same.

“we are in a band Super Junior...

After I am done explaining all, she seems exactly really excited and not mad at all. “You aren’t mad?” She looks at  me with surprised face “No silly! I am going to download every single song  and be a hard core ELF! I don’t mind you guys keeping this from me, I did it for the same reasons. I just.. I just would have liked it more if you guys told me instead of finding out like this, but that doesn’t matter..”

“I am so glad to hear that!” I hug her and I am so happy...  “I will write down all our albums names for you” I start to look for a piece of paper when I see a letter.. I know I shouldn’t read a letter that is written for Donghae, but something tells me too.

My hands start shaking.. this letter is from Aria to Donghae.. I turn around to her.. She seems to be looking at something on her phone. I don’t want to lose her yet, but it seems that fait isn’t on our side. I am going to lose her, but I promised. Even  though she never meant to, she is in love with hae and he is in love with her.

“I want to end our relationship...”