Chapter 22

A New Beginning

 

Ari POV

More surprises? Donghae is smirking and is telling me to wait and is getting something out of our closet..Our closet, I love saying that, our home, ours.. I lay on my back, Ours...

“Close your eyes” I close my eyes, I still can’t believe that he brought me breakfast on bed. “They are closed”

I hear Donghae walking back in and I hear something wrinkling, is he carrying something?

“Okay, you can open your eyes now”  I sit up straight and open my eyes. My mouth falls open, Donghae is holding up an amazing red dress.

“Donghae..” I get up to look closer to the dress, It is a Gucci dress. He shouldn’t have bought me something so expensive.  It is gorges..

“Here try it on” He hands me the dress, I can’t. I look at him and he seems to know what I am thinking

“The price doesn’t matter as long as you are happy” He gives me a kiss and hugs me and together we walk into the bathroom to change.

 I am putting on the dress and it looks amazing. The red colour really matched my skin tone..And the dress, it really looks well on me. It falls amazing, you can really see my curves now. It is way prettier and makes my body look even more amazing then the one I already have.   I peek out of the door opening and Donghae is sitting on the bed. He looks amazing, he notices me and stands up. I walk inside the room and his mouth falls open.

“You..You look amazing” I blush and look down.

“You also look amazing” He looks amazing in his suite,  his with shirt...He really looks amazing.

He walks closer to me and is holding out his hand for me. I take his hand and he makes me do a turn. I can feel him looking at me, it is not that I don’t like it. I am more worried, what if he doesn’t like it? Or..yea..

“Wauw, you look breath taking” I smile at him, he seems to be not sure if he should say what is on his mind. “I..” I encourage him to say it and he gets a naughty look in his eyes

“Your looks great...Your curves and..” I burst out in laughter, I knew he was staring at my , even last night. I smile at him. I give him a kiss and he still seems a bit shy.

“Come” he holds my hand and together we walk out of our bed room

“You have more planned don’t you?”

“I do” He holds up a new coat for me.

“You..” He helps me put it on “You are spoiling me too much”

“That is because you are worth it and because I love you”

“we are becoming quite a cheesy couple”

He smiles back at me “We are, but”                                                                                                                                 

“I love it.” I finish his sentence and together we leave our home, hihihi our home.

*                                                                                                                                        *

 “Donghae are you sure that we can walk together over the streets? “

The last time we were seen together they told us to stay low. I never really asked what to do from now on forward. I suppose he also doesn’t know.

“I haven’t talked to them yet about it official, but they know that we are together. “

“You know, I never told you , but I went online to see what they thought of..of us.” Donghae looks surprised at me

“I know that you want to protect me, but...”

“What did you find?”

“Some were not so nice, saying that I am a gold digger and should stay away from you.” I can see his face tensing up.

“But most..Most were happy that you were happy. There was a post about the day I quite. Someone saw everything happening and she said that you were really protective about me and that she could see that I mean the world to you. She also said  that you looked happy and at peace with me in your arms. “

I stop to look at Donghae, he seems happy to hear this.

“she also talked about Teuk and said that he also cares a lot for me. Most Elfs are  really happy that we are together and hope that we will be together for a long time and will meet me...”

I take his hand and squish in it “I am sorry I looked it up, but I know how much it means to you what your fans think of our relationship. That is why I looked it up”

“I am glad you did. I am glad that they are supporting us.” He gives my hand one last squish and then gets out of the car.

“Let’s go” he opens the door and holds his hand up, I take his hand and we walk hand in hand.

“I need to pick up something by my brother and then we are going somewhere else.”

“Okay, exciting” We walk together into the shop and I see Donghwa standing behind the counter. He sees us coming up and leaves to get something.

“Should we go and sit here” Donghae pulls out a chair for me and takes the one across of me. I look around, there are some girls that keep staring at us.

“Aria, Donghae” Donghwa walks over to us, Donghae is the first to hug him and then he walks over to me to pull me into a big hug.

“Donghwa” I smile at him.

“Happy birthday, I hope you don’t mind if I hand you your present later”

“Of course not, that is also not needed.” I smile at him, he is so nice. It is obviously that Donghae and he are family.

“Donghae, I need your help on something, can you come with me for a second” Donghae gets up to go with him

“If you don’t mind”

“Of course not.” I smile at Donghwa and Donghae walks up to me to give me a kiss “I will be back in a second”

I take out my phone, I love that both Hyuk and Jungsoo oppa send me a text. Is so nice of them, I can’t wait to thank them in person. We also had a great time with the three of us yesterday. They always are there for me when I need someone, even if it is just to talk to someone or if I am a bit lonely.

My phone rings again. It is her again, she keeps on calling me and calling me. She never stopped and I never answered. She must not have told my father, since he hasn’t called me yet. He also hasn’t called me yet for Christmas or for my birthday... There goes my phone again and yes it is her again, I ignore the call again and put my phone down.

“Who was that?”

“Ooh, you know..” Donghae looks sad for me, but also angry. I know how much he dislikes her and I totally understand why. Also Jungsoo doesn’t like her and Hyukjae is pretty close to hating her, but he also knows more about her.

“Don’t worry about it” I hold his hand.  He looks back to look at Donghwa and he nods at Donghae.  Donghae looks now back at me, he must see that I am looking curious.

“You remember that I went to reappear your watch?”

“I totally forgot about it, but yes I remember.”

“Well..” Donghae brings up a little bag and hands it to me “I had it made” I open the bag and get the box out of it. I open the box and my watch looks as new.

“I had it made, but I also made some alterations.” I look up at him, what does he mean?

“I had the band replaced with a new leather band and on the back of the watch” I take my watch out and then I turn it carefully around. I go over it with my finger “ I let them in grave our initials “

“With a heart between them” I smile at him, I love it. “I love it” I lean forward to give him a quick kiss. Donghae blushes and helps me to put my watch on.

“I also in graved them on my watch” Donghae shows me, on his is also the same in graved.

“Oppa~ “ I smile at him again “Why are you so...so perfect.”

“I also keep wondering that about you. “ We smile at each other.

“come lets go” We first walk up to Dongwha. He is now helping the girls to get their order.

Me and Donghae are standing behind them and he is holding my hand. I love that he always does that.

“Why are you smiling? “ I look at Donghae

“I just love it, when you grab my hand or when we are holding hands.” Donghae smiles and pulls me closer “I love it too”

“I love you” Donghae smiles at my silly way of saying it and in the same tone he says “I love you too”

The girls are done ordering and are making way for us.

“Donghwa, we are going. Thankyou for everything”

“You’re welcome Aria, I will see both of you later” He walks up to us and gives both of us a big hug.

Me and Donghae are walking out the grill when the girls walk up to us. They seem a bit shy but all of them are holding their phones.

“I am sorry, but Donghae, could we get a picture with you?” I look over to Donghae and he looks over to me. I try to let go of his hand, but he holds on tied and doesn’t let me let go. The girls see this and I am worried that they will be mad, but instead they are smiling.
I can see that Donghae is hesitating and wants to go, but I these girls seem nice. And are Elfs, his fans.

“I can also take a picture of all of you.” The girls seem to appreciate it and Donghae looks surprised at my actions.

After we took some pictures are the girl all smiling and we are heading back to the car. Donghae and I walk back hand in hand and we can hear them talk about us. I smile and I can see that Donghae is also smiling. The fact that they are supporting us means everything to him, also to me.

“They were so lovely.” Donghae stops before the car and opens my door, he doesn’t let me get in the car right away. He turns me, cups my face and gives me a kiss. When he pulls back , I am out of breath...

“Why? “ I look at him and he cups my face again. “I love you”

He pauses and then continues “What you did, that is amazing.” I smile at him.

“They are also your family, so “ “on day they will also be yours.”

*                                                                                                                                        *

“Where are we going now?”

“We are going to pick your birthday cakes”

There are so many different cakes. I never saw so many.. I look at Donghae and he seems to find my reactions funny.

“Do you want another cake?”

“Another? No I think this is enough. “ Donghae pays for the cakes and we walk back to the car.

We are driving back home and then it pops back in my head, the girls. They were still watching us when we walked up to the car and...

“Oppa.” Donghae turns his head a little to let me know that he is paying attention to what I am saying

“The girls, they were still watching us when we were going to the car...” I see Donghae smiling thinking about them, but he seems to realise it know as well.

“Would you mind if the world would know that you were my girlfriend?”

“No, I would love that, but I don’t want you to get in trouble for it.”

Donghae smiles at me and grabs my hand and presses a kiss on it.

“I don’t mind, I actually  love it.” He smiles and look happy about this. I am glad that he is, I don’t want him to worry about this and it is nice to know that he wouldn’t mind his fans knowing about me, about us.

 

Donghae POV

 

I forgot about the girls when I kissed her, I was just so happy. I still can’t believe how everything went, I was so afraid that they would be mean to her. I never expected it to go this way, I hoped for it. And I am so glad that that came true.

I hold Aria’s hand again and press a kiss on her hand, she smiles and also presses a kiss on my hand. I am so glad that they like her.

“I have to take this call” Jungsoo hyung is calling me and I don’t really know how to say this to aria without spoiling the surprise.  She nods and gets out the car to give me some privacy, is unbelievable how she is, how perfect she is.

“Hyung” I answer the call and I can hear a lot of movement in the back ground

“Donghae” I hear both Hyuk and Jungsoo talking “We are here and we have our present set and all and your surprise as well. We picked it up and put it in your bedroom”

“Thank you guys. Has everyone arrived?”

“Yes they are all here”

“Okay, we are coming up. See you in a second”

I hang up, I am so excited to see her reaction. I planned everything, I am still a bit sad that I won’t be able to be the whole day with her since we have to perform tonight. But I will make this birthday unforgettable for her.

We are standing in the lift and we are almost there. I get the keys, should I ask her to close her eyes? I open the door and pull her into a hug.

She doesn’t complains but looks surprised only. She rests her head on my shoulder and we walk, well wobble like this in to our home. I close the door and let her go, she opens her eyes and falls open..

“Happy Birthday!!!” The boys are all here, also is Cho with Kyu. They have put some decorations up and they are all walking up to her to hug her. I let them hug her and walk over to Hyuk and Jungsoo and give them both a big hug.

“Thank you for helping me with all of this. You guys did an amazing job.”

“Aahh, Donghae it was no problem , we loved doing it. As long that she is happy it is okay.” Hyuk tells me and also brings me to the bedroom.

“We had them put here like you asked, also here is your present”

I look around, it is exactly what I hoped it would be. I smell one of the roses, they smell so sweet, just like her.

“we should go back.” We walk back with the three of us and Aria is already busy serving everyone.

We both stand still to look at her. She is giving everyone something to drink and is making sure that everyone has something to eat.

“you know Donghae, I never expected her to be like this.” I look at Teuk hyung

“She is so hardworking, if you look at her background you would expect her to be lazy and all. But she isn’t she is truly. Just look at her... She is the perfect hostess, she is just perfect.”

Hyung is stumbling a bit with this words, but I get what he means. She is truly perfect.

“Did you guys help arrange all of this? “ Aria is finally done serving everyone and is now coming to us.

“They helped with it, a lot.” I say before they will understate what they have done. Ari gives Hyuk a big hug and he even twirls her around.

“Happy birthday Aria “ he puts her down and Teuk hyung is the next one she is hugging he also tells her happy birthday and lets her go.

“Why are you smiling so brightly.”Ari walks up to me and I put my arm around her “I am smiling because I am so, so happy” She smiles back at me and I give her a kiss on her forehead.

“Do you guys want something to eat or to drink” Before she can walk away from me I pull her into a hug

“No, No, You will go and sit. It is your birthday. “

“Donghae...I can’t sit down..” I know she has a point, but still... I walk to the couch and pull her onto my lap, She seems to give up resisting and puts her arms around me.

“Look over here” We hear Teuk hyung talking to us and we both look at him, he is holding my camera and making pictures of the both of us. I smile at him, I am glad that he took my camera to make some pictures. We should capture every moment.

“Okay, it is time for the present. Ari happy birthday” Cho is the first one to give her a present  and the rest is lining up. I put my arms around Aria, this might take a while.

*                                                                                                                                         *

Everyone has giving their present to Ari except me, hyuk and Jungsoo.  I look at them and they are ready to give her, her present. I am so excited to see her reaction, she will love their present.

I go back into my Paparazzi mode and take pictures of them. Hyuk is holding her hand and is covering with one hand her eyes. Hung is walking behind them. They both look nervous and excited., everyone does. I am still wondered about her not finding out or noticing their present.

“Ari, happy birthday”  Hyukjae slowly removes his hands and we can all hear Aria gasp. “You guys...You got..” She doesn’t finish her words and just looks at them, her eyes seem to tear up but they aren’t falling

“I remembered you telling me how you love to play the piano and how much you missed playing it.”

“Hyukjae...” Ari whispers his name and walks up to the piano. She turns around and gives Hyuk a big hug. You can see clearly the bond that they have. I am glad that they are so close, but I also.. I shouldn’t worry too much and take some more pictures also of her hugging Jungsoo tightly.

 

“I am so glad she liked it.” Teuk hyung sits next to me. “Shall I take some pictures, then you can finally give her your present”

I hand him my camera, I am quite nervous giving her my present. I reach my hand out to her and she takes it with a smile

“Why do you look so nervous?” She wraps her hand around my neck and I put my arms around her waist.

“No having you in my arms I am not nervous anymore” I wink at her and she laughs. Okay, I am going to give her present. Or should I give it in private?  “I will be back in a second, wait here” I give her a quick kiss and walk over Siwon, Jungsoo and Hyukjae.

“A quick question, should I give her present now or should I wait?”

“Donghae, we have to leave in 2 hours. I would give it to her now. The  moment still will be private, it will be something between you and her.” Jungsoo hyung is right. I thank them and walk back to Ari.

I hold her hand and lead her to walk in front of me, we are almost at our  bedroom. I hold my hand for her eyes, she grabs with her hand my hand and pulls it a bit down to look at me. Her eyes question what I am doing, I nod at her and she smiles. She removes her hands and I open the door, we walk in and I close the door, but not all the way. I can see Jungsoo hyung waiting to make pictures.

“Close your eyes” I whisper in her ear. I remove my hands from her eyes and walk in front of her. I grab her hands, I hope she likes it.

“Open your eyes” I see Aria open her eyes and she blinks twice to make sure what she is seeing. She lets go of my hand and walks up to touch one of the roses.

“You..” She looks at me and back at the roses. I ordered a lot of roses, so that I could cover the whole room. She sits now in the middle of the bed, between the roses and the rose peddles. I take out my phone and make some pictures of her.

I go and sit next to her. “You told me that roses were your favourite, so I will give you roses and flowers every day. “ She smells one of the roses.

“Oppa~ She smiles at me and leans in to give me a kiss. I cup her face....

 “You also told me that you didn’t want me to spend much money on your present”

“I also told you to not spend in general much money on me.” I smile at her stubbornness, I like to spoil her so I will continue to buy her things. I also think that she knows that I am not going to stop.

“You know how much I love taking pictures” I take out one of my presents and I hand it to her, she looks surprised and opens it. “ I have gathered all the pictures I could find of us and the ones that I have taken of you.”

Ari touches the pictures softly “ the first one is taken on the first day we met.”I go and site closer to her, and we both look at the picture. I look at aria, she is focusing on the pictures.

“This is my is one of my favourite pictures of us.” I point at the picture  that was taken almost half a year ago. She looks at the picture and then at me, I touch her cheek softly. On the photo we are sitting  next to each other and we were just getting to know each other better and we already look like a couple there.  I love this picture because the way we look at each other. That photo is us, us in love.

“You even have  photo’s of us a sleep” she smiles at the photo’s that Jungsoo made.

“It is not full yet.” “Why not?”

“Because we will make more photo’s. This. This book, these pictures, they are us. They are our love story. This is our love story. This book isn’t full yet, because we are just at the beginning of our love story. We still have the rest of our lives to spend together and to fill up with pictures. “

I look at her eyes, she is smiling, but her eyes are filled with tears. She tries to say something, but she can’t find the words. But she doesn’t need to say anything, I understand what she is trying to say. Her eyes say it all, I love you..

She leans in to kiss me and whispers “Our love story”

“I also have another present for you” I hand it to her and she starts to unwrap it.

“Donghae oppa... “ She looks at me and I know that it might me expensive but for me money doesn’t matter.

“This digital photo  frame is connected to a camera. When I am not home and not with you, I still want to be with you. So every photo I make will be displayed here, this way even when I am on the other side of the world I will still be with you”

“We will still spend our days together” she is smiling at me “Donghae-oppa, I don’t really know what to say to be honest...I love it..I love your thought behind it.” I wipe away a tear that escaped from her eye, she doesn’t need to say anything, her eyes tell everything.

“I also have an digital photo frame and that is connected to this.” I hand her the second part of this gift.

“It is the same camera as me”

“I will make a lot of picture, so that you will know exact how I spend my day” I smile at her. I know have to tell her that we have to perform and therefore are leaving to the airport in a few minutes.

I look back at Aria she is taking pictures of me with her camera. I laugh at her cuteness. I take the camera over and make some pictures of her. Then Leeteuk walks in.

“I don’t want to intrude, but Hae your mother and brother are here.” Ari gets up immediately, she really wants my mom to except her. It is so funny to see, but I really appreciate it. To know that she wants my family to except her, my mom. That means a lot to me.  Leeteuk leaves and also ticks with his finger on his watch. I look at mine and he is right, we have to leave soon.

“Ari, I have to tell you something”

“What is wrong” I sit her down on the bed and I stand in front of her, I really hope that she won’t be disappointed or hurt.

“We have to go to China and are going to perform and after that are me and Hyuk going to Malibu for a vacation. We will be back 6 January. “ I am so nervous telling her this, I hold her hands. I am afraid to look at her eyes. What if she is surprised or thinks that this is all her gifts is to make up for me leaving?

“Ooh..” I look up to her and I can see that she is looking sad. It breaks my heart to see her like this.

“We should go, your mom is waiting” She lets go of my hand and leaves the room. She must not have looked where she was going, she bumps into Leeteuk and he puts his arms around her to make sure that she won’t fall.  He looks at me and he looks shocked, but then focuses back on Ari.

Leeteuk walks over to me, Ari didn’t say much to Leeteuk and left.

“What happened?” Leeteuk looks concerned. Ari must be really sad then, that it is even showing on her face.

“I told her that we have to leave and that I will be back on 6 January.” I also see Leeteuk face drop

“Just go to her. I already arranged that she can come with us.” He did? “That was also a present for her birthday.” Leeteuk slurs me to the rest and pushes me to go to Aria. She is talking to my mother and brother. I am glad to see her smiling again. I walk over slowly and greet my mom and brother and put my arm around her. She doesn’t seem to mind and puts her hand for a second on mine.

 

 

“Mom we have to go, we are going to perform” I interrupt my mom and Ari talking.

“Thank you again, for you present, mi”

“Mom. You can call me mom.”  My mothers words make me smile. The fact that she is accepting her as her new daughter in law is amazing. Ari also seems to love this.

“Thank you mom.” She bows to my mom and then gives my mom a hug.

“I will come by another time and then I will help you to cook some of the receipts”

“Bye mom” I also give her an hug and she leaves together with Donghwa.

 

I walk over to Ari, but Leeteuk is there first. I stop and just watch them talking. I can see that she is still sad. I feel bad, I didn’t want her to feel sad, well I am not sure if she is sad, but she looks sad.  I have to stop thinking about it, I need to talk to her. I look back at them, but they aren’t here anymore. Where did they go?

“Donghae, come we need to go”  Siwon walks up to me and he slurs me to the door. Everyone else is also leaving. But where is Ari?

“But wait I have to”

“No time, we need to go”

Siwon drags me into the elevator and the door close before I can get out. But now I didn’t get to say goodbye to Ari, or happy new year. What did Leeteuk say again? He arranged that she could come with us?  We get to the car and I keep looking out the window to see if they are coming.  There they are! Ari changed and she is walking beside Leeteuk. There is still enough room here, she can sit next to me and then I can talk to her.

I watch them walk together walk away from this car to the other one. I am a bit sad that she isn’t with me now, but at least she is coming to see us perform. I watch them waiting for the car to come to them. When did they get so close?  I am happy that they are close and I already knew that they clicked, but I didn’t know that they were this close, he even helps her get in the car. Well I am happy that she is coming with us.

I get a text and it is from Donghwa

“Your house looks amazing now, I forgot to tell Ari that.  I really like her, so does mom. Good luck on your performance and happy new year!”

I smile at his text. I am glad that they like her. Now let’s get to the airport fast, I need to know how she is doing, I need to talk to her.