Chapter 19

A New Beginning

 

Leeteuk POV

We have been walking in Seoul all day, it has been amazing. I am glad that no one has recognized me yet.  We have had so much fun together, we have been shopping, some sightseeing but mostly shopping and eating. It has been amazing so far.

“Lets go in here to have dinner “ I grab Ari’s hand with my empty hand and drag here in a little restaurant.

“You look tired” I feel tired..I am really getting older...

“Yes let rest and eat before heading back. Do you like what you bought?” I showed here some of my favourite shops and she loves them too. She didn’t buy that much at all, I haven’t told her yet, but every time in every shop there was something she absolutely liked and didn’t buy, so I bought them for her. I know that she isn’t going to except them easily, so I am waiting until we are back home. Than it is too late to return them, I am smiling at my own evil plan.

“Are you and Hyuk still talking?” 

 “yes we still talk every day, not really much has changed..” She pauses, I am happy to hear that they are still close.  “How is he doing? Really doing?” I don’t know if she will like the truth, but I will tell her.

“He...Now he is doing good. At first he was sad, hurt and also afraid. He was afraid of losing you at first, but it cheered him up knowing that you weren’t going anywhere and things where still the same.”

“he was sad? Not for long..?”

“He was sad, but still having you in some way made him happy.” A smile comes on her face, but the tears are still in her eyes.

“You know, I always toughed that you liked Donghae. You guys are meant to be, I toughed you liked him even though you were with Hyuk. I never knew  that you cared so much for him, but now I know you do. Since you cried in my arms I know how much Hyuk means to you. “  I take her hand before continuing

“It is not your fault of him being sad, you were also sad. You were both hurt. Just like you, he asked me how you were doing really doing, almost every day. Even toughed you weren’t a successful couple, you guys are amazing best friends and that will last a life time”

Her hands are squishing mine and she tries to hold her tears in. Maybe I should have told her this sooner, but I am glad that I told her now.

“You are an amazing friend and I am glad that I also can call you mine friend”

“I am also very happy to have you as my friend”

 

We finish eating and are now heading  back to the dorm.  The tears have faded into smiles, I also had tear in my eyes, I don’t want to see her sad or hurt. I want to take care of her..

“Give me your bags” I stop and hold my hand up, she looks at my hand and seems to be thinking. Instead of giving me her bags she grabs my hand and slurs me along.

“I am not giving you my bags..” I smile at her and swing our hands back an fort.

“Should we do some grocery shopping for the guys? Than can I cook for them and for you”

“We can do there some shopping” She is really amazing. “Hae is lucky to have you”

 

“Okay we should leave the bags in the car than we will have our hands free” We came driving and I have been trying really hard to drive well. I don’t want to scare her and until now she hasn’t complained yet, so that is a good thing.

“Okay give me the bags” I quickly take them before she could take them. She is really independent she doesn’t let anyone really help her.

“You should let me help you, you don’t have to do everything on your own.” I look at her, she looks a bit spaced out, maybe I shouldn’t have said that...

 

Ari POV

“I am sorry for saying that” I haven’t responded yet to Leeteuk and just walked to the car. 

“You don’t have to be sorry...” that isn’t the problem, that he is right that is what..

Leeteuk puts the bags in the car and I am about to step in the car but he stops me and takes me to a near bench and sits me down.

“You can talk to me...”  I take a deep breath, I look up to his eyes and I don’t know something in his eyes makes me will feel more save and comfortable. I can trust him, I truly believe that he is my friend. I want to tell him, but I just don’t want to talk about it just yet.

“You said that I am always doing things on my own, but I don’t know really know better. You know I come from a family that has it good, but what you don’t know is how lonely it can be.” My eyes are welling up, I never had anyone to talk about this.

“I..It is lonely... Even though there were always people around me, they weren’t with me. I had to do pretty much everything on my own. So it is still a bit weird to have someone that will help me do everything.. I never really had a brother that took care of me and now I have you and all the other boys.”

“You don’t have to do everything on your own anymore. I will take care of you, I promise. The other boys will also take care of you. “ Leeteuk takes my hands and pulls me into a sweet hug.

“It is nice to tell you this.”

“You can also talk about these things with Donghae, he will really appreciate it.”

“I know you are right and I will.”

“Come lets go” Leeteuk grabs my hand and we get into the car.

I am happy that I finally were able to get this off my chest, ever since my mom is gone I have been even more on my own. It is nice to have someone again and now even more than one person.

I look at Leeteuk and he is focused on the road, it is nice to have such close friends. I look out the window, it is raining outside..I love rain, it is so peaceful, Mum and I always took me outside when it was raining and when I was little, mom and I were playing... Every time it rains I am thinking of her.

“What are you smiling about?”  I look at Leeteuk, It was nice to talk to him earlier to have that burden lifted off my chest, but talking about my mom is still a bit too hard for me..

“Are you thinking about hae?” Mine smile grows bigger thinking about hae.. “No need to answer haha”

I am excited to see hae again, I find myself thinking off him all day long, wanting to be with him all day. We have to spend so much time apart, now that he is on tour and I just want to spend every second together. He makes me happy even if I am sad. Cant wait to see him.

 

“Okay just let me carry one bag” Me and Leeteuk are back and he is refusing to let me carry anything.

“Leeteuk oppa, you are going to fall like this” He is so stubborn..And sweet at the same time... Ughh

“You know, you should call me Park Jungsoo..That is my real name”  Real name?

“Leeteuk isn’t you real name?”

“No , I took it as stage name, but my family calls me Jungsoo”

“Okay stage name...Aahh Am I your family” I smile from ear to ear  and give him a hug, that is sweet of him to say

“Jungsoo-oppa, just let me help you” I try the cute card now, but it isn’t working, he is already heading for the lift.

“Lee...Ehh. Jungsoo!” I follow him quickly... I pout my lips, but I guess I have to accept that he isn’t going to let me help him.

I ring the doorbell and Ryewook opens the door, he seems surprised to see us and walks quickly back inside..Not weird at all... I let Jungsoo go first inside and I follow.  I hear all kind of noises coming from inside. What is going on?  Teuk already went inside..this feels weird... What is going on? I open the door and

“Congratulations!!!!” I hit my elbow..Aii that hurt..all the boys are standing there with balloons a cake.. But it isn’t my birthday

“Ehm...” I don’t really know what I should say, but then Donghae comes out. He has a big smile, did he plan this? He pulls me into a hug and gives me a sweet kiss on my head..

“We through this party, because we wanted you two the now how happy we are that you two are finally together! “  I look at Ryewook and the rest, they really seem happy about us being a couple..But hyuk! I look to find Hyuk and there he is, he is standing in the middle and oohh I feel so relieved he is smiling.

He notices that I am looking worried at him and he winks at me “It was my idea” What makes all turn to grump at him.. I giggle..

“It was really his idea” I look at Donghae, he also seem touches by the fact that all of them support us and that his best-friend is also supportive. “I am glad it is”

“Come, lets enjoy our 10 day anniversary”

*                                                                                                                   *

 

“Leeteuk...Wake up..” I try to wake up Leeteuk..Ugh Jungsoo..I am just going to call him teuk for now, latter I will go to Jungsoo “Teuk oppa~” He finally opens his eyes and I am so reliefed..

“come get up. We are going to make dinner!”  he is looking at me with a confused and then embarrassed look.. Is he ashamed of his just wake up hair? Well in that case it is already too late, already have pictures of it.

“Come~ “ slur him from the couch and drag him into the kitchen. “Okay let’s start. “

 

We start cooking and I start to feel guilty for Teuk oppa..He looks so tired, it was also late last night when he went to sleep. Me and Donghae left them sooner and talked to late in night, but they were still awake when we fell asleep. It wasn’t my plane to stay the night, again. But I don’t mind, I love falling asleep in his arms and waking up seeing his face and him holding me tight. I smile thinking of him...He is so adorable..

“Oppa, why don’t you go and sit. I will finish it.” I smile at teuk and he appreciates it, he is still half asleep and wobbles over to me.

“Thankyou, but not for long. I will help you in a minute” He gives me a kiss on the cheek and walks to away...He must be still asleep, I don’t think he was thinking, giving me that kiss...

I continue cooking, I hope that Donghae will like this. I am not the greatest cook, but I did it with love and that counts right? Hahaha

“What are  you laughing about?” I feel hands wrapping around my waist, pulling me into a back hug.

“hihi I was thinking about you”

He gives me a kiss in the neck and holds me even closer..I love being in his arms. I continue cooking and he is still holding me, this is I think what every girl wants to do with her boyfriend..I love this.

“Okay you go and sit, I will serve it all” Donghae leads me out of the kitchen... He is so sweet.. I sit myself across of Teuk and he is smiling at me

“You two are so cute” He is on his phone again.

“Haha did you take pictures of us again?” He smiles at me with a guilty look in his eyes haha this man...Uggh.. I cant say that I mind it though, at least we know have every moment of us saved.

“I sent it in the group chat”  my mouth falls open. “But also to you two” 

“Oppa..Why~”

“You two are just so cute. Kangin is going crazy on it, it is fun to with it. “ Leeteuk is laughing at his own crimes.

“As long as the pictures are cute and we don’t look horrifying on it, it is okay” I wink at Teuk, as my friend I will him allow him to do this..for now... hahah

 

“Are you sure that Ryewook didn’t help you cook?” Donghae seems to love it and Teuk is also eating a lot. I am so happy that they like it, even though it isn’t perfect at all.

“You guys, thankyou..It isn’t perfect though. “

Donghae seems shocked by my words, his eyes widen and he is looking at me if I just told him something crazy

“Sweetheart, this is amazing. You are an amazing cook! You shouldn’t say things that aren’t true”

“I still have a lot to learn. It isn’t as great as my mothers cooking”

“I am sure it is. I love it.” He smiles at me sweetly and then looks a bit nervous “I hope that I get to met you mother soon” He smiles at me with a nervous look.. I feel myself freezing up.. I hold back the tears.

“I would love that too..”

 

“I will drop you off at work. Should we get going now then, than we can spend some time together.” We finished eating and I have to go to work. I am glad that they didn’t notices me choking up.

“yes we can go, I just have to gather all my things and we can go” I collect all my stuff. I think I have everything.

“You know you don’t have to take everything, you can also leave some things here. “Donghae is playing  with his hands, he tends to do that when he is nervous. I like the thought of leaving some things here, but I don’t know. Isnt hat a bit too soon?

“I will leave some things here, but most of these things I am going to need in the next days” I smile at him, he seems a bit disappointed in my answer, but I guess it is better to be honest than lying

“Okay lets go” He grabs my free hand and we gather the rest of my things.

“Ari,  I will carry those for you” Teuk comes up to us and helps us carrying the bags. I smile at him “Thank you”

The three of us walk to the car and but the bags in the car, Leeteuk still has some in his hands..But  I didn’t buy those, those aren’t my bags.

“Ari, I also have a surprise for you. Yesterday when we went shopping. I bought some things for you”

He hands me a hand full of bags. I look at him, he is kidding right? These aren’t  cheap.

“Oppa..” He interrupts me by giving me and Donghae a hug and quickly walks back to the elevator.

I look at the bags, he bought everything that I like, but didn’t buy. He is truly an angel.      

 

Me and Donghae leave and before we know it we are already at the hotel. Time went too fast, way too fast.

“When are you off again?”

“Not in a long time.. I will be free on the 28” I see his face getting a sombre expression.

“I am leaving on the 28”  I can see that he feels guilty about this, but it isn’t his fault.

“You are back before we know it. You are back on the 7 December aren’t you” He nods “See that is only  a few  days. “

He still looks the same, but he tries to smile for me. It makes me feel so sad and frustrated. I don’t want him to feel like it is his fault that we don’t have that many days to spend  together.

“Come lets go inside, otherwise you will be late”

 

We dropped all the bags in my room and we are walking now back to the car. I am sad that he already has to go. I am sad that I have to work.

“I will see you on the seventh of December.” Donghae also seems sad, well even more than he was before.

“Oppa..” I want to cheer him up, he should know that it is okay, that it isn’t his fault

“Oppa,  it isn’t your fault that you have to leave. “ I hold his hands and his eyes meet mine.

“I am not going to leave you . Don’t be afraid of that. “ I let go of his hand and I get out of my pocket what I wanted to give him.

“You said that I could leave some of my things at your place. “ I open his hand and I give him a necklace of me.

“Instead of leaving it at your place, I will leave it by you.” His eyes are watering up by my actions.      

“I will wear this until we see each other again.” I smile at him, I am so glad that he loves it.

“until we see each other again.”

He holds my necklace tight in his hands, like he is afraid that it will fall out of his hands.

“I have to go, otherwise I will be late.” I don’t want to say goodbye, but I have to go.

Donghae pulls me into a hug “I will miss you” I hug him tightly back “I will miss you too” Donghae lets me go and gives me a kiss. I feel my heart pounding so fast.. His hands are cupping my face softly, I kiss him back..I feel like I am flying..

He pulls away and I feel his tears falling on my cheek. Is he crying? I look at his eyes and he is.. I feel myself tearing up as well. “Dont cry..” this time I am the one that leans in to kiss him. I give a sweet and short kiss on his lips. He kisses me back and when we break apart and he leaves..

I see him walking away from me, his shoulders shocking. He is crying, he is leaving because he doesn’t want me to see him cry. He shouldn’t be afraid to cry in front of me, but this action. What he just did, that makes fall for him even more, he really cares about me.

 

*                                                                                                         *

“I am so tired~” Cho-hee sits next to me, we have been working straight hours for the past 2 days... I also feel so tired and what even makes it worse, is that both of us don’t have much time to talk to our boyfriends.

“I know that the people coming are big shots, but please! I need my spare time and rest!!” I laugh at Cho, for her to be angry is just being cute.  She turns her chair to me

“You know, later, when the  big shots come. You shouldn’t help the serving.”

“What do you mean?”

“They come here every year and every year they make the girls wear extremely short skirts and all. Most girls do it on their free will, but when they are short on staff, they just pick someone. “

I cant believe what she is telling me, does my father know about this? This is unbelievable..

“thank you  for telling me, we should both stay away from there. Come lets go” Me and Cho are leaving quickly . I don’t want that she will be forced to help there and I also don’t want to go through that.

We see Chul and I feel relieved.. I think that we are save now. We walk up to him, he also seems happy to see us.

“Castillo, where do you think that you are going?” 

I freeze..O no this isn’t happening. I turn around and there is my evil stepmother.

“ We are working.” I bow to her. Please don’t...

“I need you to help in the catering, there is a important gathering and we are short on staff. “

I feel Cho freezing up next to me, I look up to meet her eyes and she looks scared.

“I am sure that there are others, that would love to help”

“no I need you to do it. “ I look at her, she smiles at me..That evil...

“I need you to wear this.” She throws some clothes at me. I catch them and look at them.

“you call this an uniform..This is a Hotel not a strip club.” What she is telling me to wear is like underwear.

“I am not asking you, I am ordering you too.”

“I am not going to.” I throw the clothes to the floor. If she even thinks for one minute that I will do that, she is insane.

“ Miss Castillo” Mister Park is running up to us, he bows down and we all bow back to him.

“What is going on here?” He seems to be directing his questions at her.  She looks at him with an cold look.

“I am ordering miss Castillo to help in the catering.”  I turn around my face, I am not going too.

“Are you crazy? “ I can feel that Cho and Chul are shocked by my words. My stepmother walks closer to me and stops when she is in arm length with me.

“what did you say?”

“Are you CRAZY?” this time I use the formal way. The silence around us is nerve-racking, I don’t know what she is going to do, but one thing is certain, it won’t be any good.

“How dare you, how do you think you are, talking to me like that!” She is scolding me and slaps me hard across the face. I feel my whole body turning with her slap. My face is on fire, I hold back my tears and go back to stand in front of her.

She looks at me with a surprised look.

“How am I. Shouldn’t you know the best how I am?” I raise my voice, I see that she is getting scared. Yes if I reveal how I really am, than she will be in trouble.

“I told you to wear that.”

“And I said, Are you crazy”  I see her face going dark, she raises her hand to strike me again.  I close my eyes and I wait for her strike.

I slowly open my eyes, her strike never came. I see her eyes widen of surprise and her arm is being held up by someone. I look at my right and there is Teuk... He is holding her arm, to prevent her from striking me. He looks so mad, I never toughed I would ever see him mad.

The next thing that happen is two arms pulling me into hug. Donghae...I feel his warmth and recognize him by his smell.. I hug him tightly back, I try hard to fight the tears back..

“It is okay..I am here, I am not going anywhere.” Donghae my hair and wisphers these words in my ear. I still can’t fully progress what just happen in these seconds.  I let Donghae slowly go, I can feel that he doesn’t want to let me go, but he loosens his grip.

I see that Teuk has let go of her arm and she looks pissed off.

“How do you think that you are” She is scolding Teuk right now. I feel myself getting so angry, I can see that Teuk is trying to hold back.  I walk out of Donghae’s grip and stand in front of Teuk.

“I don’t think that you should be talking. How do you think that you are that you can just slap me across the face.” I feel myself getting even more angry.

“you are nobody, you have no right to hit me like that. Just because you married my father, doesn’t make you important.” I see here face tensing up, the thing she didn’t want anyone the know is now told. I hear the staff around us, they are already talking.

“Just wait until I tell father about this. “ I see that she is getting scared now. “Mister Park, I hope that you will understand that I won’t be coming back for work. Not until my father is fully aware of the ongoing situation.”

I look back at my step mother, she is wite like a ghost. She always underestimated me. She always toughed that I was a stupid girl that she could push in any direction she wanted, well she is wrong.

“You ca..cant leave. I order you to stay!” she is stumbling on her words.

“You are not the boss of me .” I turn around and I  see Donghae holding his hand up  and I take his hand with a great smile. Teuk also comes to my side and the three of us walk away from my crazy stepmother.

 

I am quickly gathering all my stuff, I don’t want to stay here any moment longer. I asked Donghae to drive the car out front, so we can leave immediately. He didn’t want to go, but he and teuk still went in the end.

“Okay..” I gathered all of my things. I wrote a note for Cho. I pick up all my bags, it is hard to walk, I have to many things to carry, but I just need to leave. I stumble on my bags and I find a hand helping me up, I look up and there is Teuk.

“Oppa~” I  take his hand with a smile and he pulls me into a hug.

“Let me help you carrying your bags.” He takes all my bags and I am so grateful for him helping me. “ I will bring these to the car. Donghae is waiting for us, lets go.”

“Wait  I forgot something.” I forgot my purse in my room. Well my old room. “I am going to right behind you” Teuk seems to hesitate, but goes in the end.

I get my purse and I can’t stop shaking. It seems that everything is just now setting in. I walk through the lobby and I can barely keep myself standing. I am almost free, I am almost out of here.  I am in the doorway and I can’t take another step..I feel like my legs are made out of spaghetti.

“Arian...” I look up and Donghae is standing there. He looks at me with a sad and painful eyes. I gather all my strength and run up to him. He opens his arms and I run straight into them.  He holds me tight and he is the only thing that is keeping me up.

“Arian, I am here..”

Donghae lifts me up and carries me to the car and even in the car he still doesn’t let me go.

“hyung, lets go to the rest.”

Teuk drives away from the hotel and I don’t know where we are going, but  I don’t care. I just want to be away from here. Before I know it, we are already standing still.

“I will get her bags.”Leeteuk is already out of the car. The whole car ride, Donghae has been holding me close and has been whispering to me that he is here and that he is never leaving.

Leeteuk opens the car door for us and Donghae steps out of the car, still holding me. He doesn’t let me go, he carries me all the way to the elevator and even than he doesn’t put me down. I feel so safe in his arms, I burry my face in his chest. I still don’t believe what happened, this must be a nightmare...

 

“What hap..” I hear Ryewook voice, are we at Donghae’s dorm? Ryewook doesn’t finish his sentence and Teuk drags him inside. There is a lot of talking inside, but when they see Donghae carrying me inside and Leeteuk with all my bags, they all go silence.

Donghae carries me to his room and puts me down on his bed. He covers me and gives me a sweet kiss on my forehead. He must be thinking that I am asleep.

I get up slowly and walk back to the rest. I can’t sleep.  I feel like I am sleep walking, this didn’t happen..

“Wait, one more time.. “ I hear Hyukjae’s angry voice.                   

“Me and Jungsoo wanted to surprise Aria before leaving for tour, since he knew how upset I was..So we got there and there was her stepmother sco”

 “Wait, stepmother? Are you sure that she was her stepmother?”

“Hyukjae, stop interrupting Donghae. We both heard her saying that she was her stepmother. I find it strange to, but I don’t think that we should ask her now.”

“Okay, well her stepmother was scolding her and was forcing her to wear something. Cho send us a text and apparently there was going to be a fancy meeting and the girls serving have to wear extremely short skirts and all. And Aria was refusing to and that is where her stepmother became angry at her and started to scold her and even hit her.”

“She hit her!! Is she crazy!? Does that woman need to hurt her over and over!? ”  “Hyukjae sit down.. and listen to Donghae”

“yes she hit her and Hyung was just in time to prevent her from hitting Aria again. And that is when she quit and left with us and now she is here with us.”

I drop my phone that I was holding.. The boys all turn around and are looking concerned at me. I see Hyukjae, he stood up the moment he noticed me and is walking over to me. He looks so angry but also has tears in his eyes.

“It wasn’t a dream?” My voice is shaking and I see all the boys  looking helpless.

I feel my tears falling... I have never been hit in my life.. This.. I start to cry and I fall to the ground, Hyukjae catches me just in time before I hit the ground. He holds me tight, just like the first time he saw me crying. He my hair and holds me tight.

“Don’t worry, she won’t be able to hurt you anymore. I won’t allow her too.” I feel Hyuk tears, he is also crying. He know how much she has already taken from me.

He holds me until my tears stopped falling. He lifts my head up and wipes away my tears. I can see in his eyes how much he cares. This also reminds me of our first date.. My eyes wander from his eyes to his lips.. I.. I look back at his eyes and he is also looking at my lips.. He looks back at my eyes and slowly but unwillingly pulls his head away from mine.

“Here” Ryewook made some tea for me. I don’t know how long I have been crying, but it seems that is must have been a while. I feel a bit embarrassed.

“You don’t have to be embarrassed, you are our family now.” Teuk words seem to speak for all of them , since they are all nodding and looking at me with so much love. I feel my eyes tearing up again, but this time they are form happiness.

“I arranged it” I see Donghae walking up to us. He walks immediately over to me and cups my face with his hands and softly my cheeks.  I can see that he is holding back his tears and his anger.

“You are coming with us. You are coming with us to Taiwan.”