Chapter 24

A New Beginning

 

Ari POV

The last days have been great with Jungsoo, we did some amazing things. We cooked,  we watched so many movies, it was a blast.

“Do you want the last cookie?”  Jungsoo oppa shakes me and I look up at him, I almost fell asleep thinking. I snuggle deeper into his arms and open my mouth.

“that lazy huh” Jungsoo chuckles and feeds me the cookie, I take a bite and he eats the rest.

“We should start cleaning it is a mess here.” I look around and it is really a mess, we had a lot of fun but we didn’t clean a thing.  I sit up straight and Jungsoo also, I look at him he also doesn’t like the fact that we have the clean, he is even pouting for it.

“Okay, you clean here, I will start in the kitchen.” Jungsoo also jumps up and we nod at each other and we start cleaning.

I am almost done cleaning the kitchen, I am so happy to see Donghae tonight. We talked a lot and send him a lot of pictures, he also send me a lot of pictures. I walk up to the bedroom to start cleaning, clothes everywhere, mine and jungsoo’s.

 

“Okay I think we are done cleaning” we both are exhausted, it was a lot of work, but we did it! I lean my arm on his shoulder.

“We only need to do some grocery shopping and then we are done” I walk to the fridge, we truly ate our stomach full. I pour a glass of water for me and Jungsoo.

“Okay, first change and then we will go” Jungsoo is right, we are covered in dust and in sweat. I see us both look at the shower  and I rush over quickly. I am just a second before him, He tries to go by me, but I stop him.

“Aha, I am first” I look up at him and his face is so close, he looks at me and he has...Some look in his eyes, I don’t know, he moves his face closer to mine. I don’t really understand what is happening right now, I am still looking right into his eyes and his eyes swift from my lips back to my eyes. Something in the way he looks me is different, lust?

“trrringgg” the doorbell goes and we both  look away, Jungsoo doesn’t even look at me and immediately goes to the door, I quickly go in the bathroom and shut the door.  I lean against it and my heart is still pounting..What was that? I have seen him looking at me before, but not like this.  I am just imagining things, it won’t happen again.

*                                                                                                   *

I am all dressed and Jungsoo is getting dressed now, I look at the roses that Donghae send me. He really kept his word, everyday there have been flowers delivered.  I take a picture of it and send it to him with a heart.

“Ar-Are you ready?”

I look up and Jungsoo is done, I just stare at him. His hair is wet and messy, he...I open my mouth to say something, but the only thing I can think is how good he looks. He walks up to me shyly. I quickly go back to my senses

“yes Yes, I am ready. Let’s go”

 

Talk about an awkward car ride, Jungsoo is driving and we are both not saying a word. I think we both don’t know what to say, what is weird we always do.  We get to the store and even in the store we are still in silence.  We are now paying and he is waiting for me.

“want a cookie?” I open the box of cookies in the car and I look over to Jungsoo. He seems to be thinking and then with a smile opens his mouth, I smile at him.

“Aha that lazy” I wink at him and I feel the awkward tension leave between us.

 

 

Jungsoo POV

I am glad that it is now less awkward between us, I don’t know what came over me.. I... I really just wanted to kiss her, I know it is wrong, but it also feels so right. I shouldn’t think like this, but the past days it felt like we were a couple and lived together... I can’t... I even encouraged Hae to tell her about his feelings, I have been rooting for these two.

It is al weird...I look at her, she is busy putting everything where it belongs. Maybe there is a part of me that stills likes her. Putting away doesn’t help, so maybe just letting it be and waiting for it to pass is the answer..

 

Ari POV

 

“so what do you want to cook for him?”

“I don’t know yet” I grab the cookbook his mom gave me. “Maybe this? “ I point at a meal and Jungsoo agrees.

“When will he be back?” We are done cooking and everything is now just boiling.

“I don’t know. Shall I call him?” I go to the bedroom to get my phone, I look up his number. “Should I call him now, or wait a bit longer?” I look up to Jungsoo, but I freeze in a instant.

“Jagi” Donghae is already here? I can’t believe it, I run up to him and hug him as tight as I can. It feels like I haven’t seen him in forever and now being in his arms I realize how much I missed him.

“You are back” I smile at him and cup his face, even though I really don’t want to cry I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I can see him getting worried and I quickly turn away.

“I swear, I normally don’t cry much at all. They even used to call me the ice queen for that”

“It’s okay, I missed you too “  I gives me a hug again and a kiss on my crown. “I am glad to be back. Back to you.”

Donghae lets go of me and I see that Hyuk is talking to Jungsoo, I walk over to Hyuk to give him a hug. I also really missed him, in the end he is still my best friend.

“Missed you too.” Hyuk chuckles.

“You  are staying right Hyuk? We cooked enough” I let go of Hyuk and I can see that he is hesitating. Like when I hugged him, I could feel him hesitating if he could but his hands on me or not.

“I..Eh..Sure, I will stay.” He smiles at me, I am so happy that he is staying, I give him another hug and drag him to the living room.

“You sit here. Don’t you dare to move” I try to look as angry as possible and he just laughs at me. He looks tired, must be because of the flight. Donghae also looks tired, I walk to the kitchen and I see that Donghae is already helping.

“Oppa~” I give him a back hug and he puts his hands on mine. “Go sit with Hyuk, me and Jungsoo will finish everything.” Donghae seems to object at first but gives in. He gives me  a quick kiss and goes to Hyuk.  

Me and Jungsoo are almost finished setting up the table, when I see him hesitating to tell me something. I put down the last plate on the table and walk back to Jungsoo, he still can’t look me straight into the eye. We are still a bit awkward when we are alone, I can see that he is trying to hold back.  

“I am going, you have fun with these two”  Jungsoo tries to walk to the door, but I grab his hand without knowing it. I don’t want him to go, he looks at my hand and then he finally looks me into the eye.

“Don’t go oppa” I am still holding on to his hand “Let’s forget what happened, you are like my brother, my best friend.”  I can see his face drop, but he tries to smile at me, I drag him to the dinner table.

We are all having fun, I am so happy that Donghae is back home. I really missed him, I am also glad to see Hyuk again. Donghae has been holding my hand all the time and it is so nice, I haven’t stop smiling. They are busy telling how their vacation was,  how the concert was, the beach.

“That one  couldn’t stop saying how much he missed you...Was getting annoying~” Hyuk points at Hae and start to react how he was saying it.

“Stop it~” Hae is getting embarrassed and it is just too cute, I put my arms around him and give him a kiss on his cheek.

“Aah, I missed you too~”  Donghae turns on his chair and faces me, he puts his arms around my waist and pulls me into his  lap.

“I miss you...” He holds me tight and I can hear Hyuk sigh. I look over to Hyuk, he looks happy and sad at the same time, but  when I look at Jungsoo I feel bad. He doesn’t look at us and is playing with his food and isn’t looking to happy. 

*                                                                        *

“You guys don’t have to leave.” Hyuk and Jungsoo are standing by the door, they are leaving because they don’t want to be in the way. Sweet of them that they want me and Hae to have some time together, but we will have that anyway.

“You guys have been apart for some time, so we are sure that we are leaving” Hyuk winks at me and gives me hug. He lets go and cups my face, his eyes focused on mine. They seem somehow sad....

“I had a lot of fun this week. We should do it again.” Jungsoo walks up to me and he smiles. I guess he is really trying to act normal and just forget what happened or better said what almost happened.

I smile at him and pull him into a hug “I also had a great time, we should really do this again.” I can feel him relax and he carefully hugs me back. I guess he was afraid that I would act differently, but I won’t.

All of us walk downstairs and I am about the walk to the parking lot when Donghae stops me. I see Jungsoo taking out his phone...Oohh I remember, he didn’t take his car to here and Hyuk also doesn’t have his car with him. Wait, maybe.. I go to my pockets and I find my car key.

“Hyuk, Jungsoo” I call them and they walk over, I hand over my car key to Hyuk and he looks at me questionable.

“So you guys can get home. “ Hyuk looks back at the key and then back at me, he seems to get it and I can see him already objecting it. “You know which car it is, see you tomorrow.”

I walk to Donghae, he puts his arm around me and together we walk back. We are waiting for the elevator when we hear a car driving extremely fast to us, I can hear them stepping on the break. I don’t want to turn around, I know how it is, it isn’t the first time he is doing this.

Donghae puts his arms around me tighter and tries to cover me. I see Hyuk and Jungsoo walking over to us and I can hear people coming out of the car.

“Madam McClain.” I turn around, but Donghae stops me. Jungsoo and Hyuk also come to stand in front of me.  I love the fact that they are helping me, protecting me. But this is not something that they can help me with.  I  wring myself between them and step in front of them, Donghae takes my hand and I glance at him and give him a quick smile.

“Madam McClain, I need you to come with me.”

“John, good to see you again. Have you been well?” I can feel the boys behind me getting confused.

“Yes Mam, I have been well. I am also glad to see you again, how have you been?” I can see that he worried about me.

“I am glad to hear that. I am doing very well. “

“Madam, I am here to take you with me. I must ask you to step into the car.” John points to the black car and is waiting for me to get in.

“John, you have known me all my life. So you know that is not going to happen. “ I pause and look at the car, I know that he is in there. “If he wants to talk to me, he must come to see me. Meaning to get out of the car, instead of forcing me to go in.”

“Arian..” John voice gets less formal “He is your father. You shou”

“A father isn’t someone who sends his kids away or neglects them. A father calls or visits. So no, I don’t have to do anything. “ I raise my voice “If my ‘Father’ finally wants to talk to me. He can step out of the car, but I am not stepping in.”                                 

I turn around when the car door opens. I close my eyes, he didn’t talk to me for months....For months, why now?

“Arian.”

“Sir. I am”

“It is alright John, you know what to do know.”

“Arian, turn around” I hold Donghae’s hand tighter, I look up to him and I can see that he looks angry at my dad. Not really angry, more...More like upset and also a bit of fright. I look over to Jungsoo and he is looking at John and also with disbelieve. When I look at Hyuk my eyes meet up with his, he looks at me concerned. He knows how I feel, I can see it. I don’t want to turn around, I just want to be safe in his arms. He seems to understand that I don’t want to turn around and gives me a nod to let me know that he is here, here for me. 

Hyuk walks closer to me without breaking eye contact, my nerves calm down and I take a deep breath. I look at him one more time, he nods again and I turn around.

“Father...”

There isn’t much that is being said right now, he is just looking at me and not saying anything.

“I wanted to come earlier, but I was held up. “

“A phone call would have been enough, safes trouble and time. “ I feel myself getting angry, the boys also seem to notice it and Donghae strikes with his thump over my hand to let me know that he is next to me.

“I did” I look back at my father...What did he say?  “I called you every day, I called you at home and left you a message every day. You never answered, even the letters that I send.”

I don’t get it. I never received one call or a letter.

“ Stella said that you weren’t much at home, because you were working all the time. She told me that you have been working hard and well.”

“She did what! “

“Dad...Did you call to my villa? “

“Yes of course I did.  Isn’t there were you have been staying these few days?”

“You don’t know..” He doesn’t know. He didn’t know, this makes me so happy. My father did care, he didn’t neglect me. “Dad, Stella took away my home, my job, my belongings, my cars... She took everything.”

My father face drops and he looks at John and then back at me. He is furious, he looks at me for me explain everything.

“She forced me to clean, to start at the bottom. She even forced me to dress like a hooker and go into a room of men and get harassed. After I refused to do that, she...”

“She did what?!”  I can hear that my father is trying to hold back.

“She...She hit me...That is when I quit and I haven’t been back since. “ I can see how mad my father is. “I thought you neglected me, that you knew what she was doing but that you approved. “ A tear falls and I quickly wipe it away. I won’t cry.

My father walks up to me and strikes my cheek.

“Don’t worry, I will get back everything that is yours. Of course I would never neglect you. You are my daughter. You mean the world to me. “ I smile at his words.

“Thank you Dad.” I smile at him and he smiles back. “ These guys have been helping me since I got here. They also prevented her from striking me one more time. “

“This is Jungsoo, Hyukjae and Donghae.”

My father introduces himself to them and I can see that they are nervous to meet my father.  Luckily is my father not angry anymore..

“It was nice to meet all of you. Thank you again of taking care of my daughter. If you ever need anything let me know. “ they bow to my dad and he walks back to the car.

“Arian, are you coming?” I don’t want to hurt him, but seeing my expression I can see that he understands. “I am expecting you tomorrow. Come to the hotel.” With that said he gets back into the car.

My father is gone and we are still standing here. They are standing in front of me and they are looking helpless.

“Are you okay?” I look up, Donghae and Jungsoo are gone, it is just me and Hyuk. He looks worried at me...He shouldn’t

“Don’t worry about me. I am fine, I am..”

“What is it?”

“I am just curious for how long he will stay. “

“Do you want him to stay long? “

“No...It is just...He is up to something, there is also another reason for coming...”

We walk back to the elevator and when I step in, Hyuk doesn’t follow me.

“You and Hae have a good time together. He will make you feel safer than I can.” Hyuk walks to the car...I feel panic coming over me, I don’t want him to go.

“Hyukjae~” I call him and run up to him, he turns around and I fall into his arms. I hug him tightly

“don’t go...you make me feel safe...Safer than anyone else.” I whisper this , but he can still hear me. He slowly lifts his arms to hugs me back, I missed this...

 

I don’t know how long we hugged each other or stayed there, but when we get home Donghae immediately jumps up to hug me. He hugs me and I am starting to feel guilty, he was worrying here for me and I was holding someone else.

“It is already late you should go and sleep. “ He is right, I am tired. I walk to the bedroom and Donghae is making a cup of tea for me.

I am nervous for tomorrow,  what will happen?  Will he say something to her? Will these mean that I have to work there again?

“Ari?” I turn around and there is Jungsoo.

“I am going, I am going to Singapore.” 

“Ooh okay...Have a nice trip” I give him a hug and he hugs me tight.

“Are you okay? “

“I am, we will talk about it later. You have to catch your flight, I will call you”

Jungsoo lets go and gives me a kiss on my forehead before walking to out of the door...

 

Trying to fall asleep is hard today. I am worried for tomorrow and I can’t stop thinking of Jungsoo. Donghae is still watching a movie and Hyuk left together with Jungsoo.  Jungsoo has been weird today...Weird things happened. The past days we did really have a lot of fun, we spend most days just inside. I smile thinking about it, he really cheered me up.

 

“Hey sleepy head wake up” I open my eyes and Donghae is sitting next to me. “I made breakfast “

“Good morning, that is sweet of you”

“Will see you in five?” I nod and he leaves. I am nervous to get up, than I have to go...and I don’t want to yet. Ooohh why can’t I just sleep all day...

“I hope you don’t mind me borrowing your sweater?” Donghae looks up to me and his eyes twinkle

“No, no not at all...You look amazing” I smile at him and give him a kiss.

“Are you nervous for today?”

“A bit..” Donghae pulls me on his lap and I rest my head on his “I am nervous about what will happen. Guess we will see in a few minutes. “

I quickly eat some and gather my bag.. “Oppa, do you think I will need my passport?”

“Your passport...Mmm I don’t think so, I would take your wallet and your keys.” He is right I quickly grab my wallet and my keys... Aah..I don’t have my car keys, I have to call Hyuk. I put on my sunglasses and let my hair lose. Okay, breath I can do this..I can do this.

“Oppa, thank you~ “

“Are you going?” I nod and put on my heels. I should also take a pair of sneakers.

“Oppa I am going” he walks over to me and it seems that he wants to tell me something, but he just smiles... I should ask about it when I come back, one thing is sure. Whatever it is, it won’t be good news.

 

“Hyukjae, where are you?”

“Aria~ “ I laugh at his cute voice, seems like he just woke up. It is still early...” I am at home.”

“Okaay, is it okay if I come by and pick up my car keys? “ I can hear him sitting up straight right away

“You need them? I can also pick you up, I can be there in 10.”

“Hyukjae, I will be there in 15. Don’t worry. See you in a bit” I quickly hang up, he is so sweet. Well this is going to be fun, I am glad that I brought my sneakers along.

I am so tired...I walked so fast and I made it in 10 minutes, it is too walk so fast.. I ring the doorbell and Kyu opens he is surprised to see me and I walk straight to the couch and lay down.

“I will get Hyuk” Kyu leaves to let him now that I am here, I just want to sleep and stay here.

“Ari~”  I sit up straight and Hyuk pulls me in a hug and lifts me up. I put my arms around him and hold on to him. I feel so safe... The doorbells rings, but Hyuk still doesn’t let go and I really don’t want him to.

 

Donghae POV

Ari left and I still haven’t told her that tomorrow I will leave again. I just really need to talk to Hyuk about this, Teuk hyung is away so I can’t talk to him  so it will be just Hyuk... It has been a long time since I was in this building, I go straight to Hyuks room and rang the bell. Wait I have a key!  I open the door and walk inside

I see Hyuk hugging Ari... I know that they are friends, but this hug...This is not how friends hug. I know that Ari loves me, but...Seeing this, this makes me nervous, sad, jealous and mad.  I don’t want her to hug anyone like that except me.

I focus back on them, but..Ari looks really sad. Maybe Hyuk is just hugging her like that because she is lonely and sad.... I should be there more for her. I want her to come to me with her problems, I should have asked more about today, about her day like...like Hyukjae....

“Donghae” Ari notices me and immediately lets go of Hyuk and they both look cautious and surprised.

“Jagi” I give her a kiss and wrap my arms around her. “Weren’t you going to see your father?”

“yes. Yes I am, but Hyuk had my keys so I came to grab them. “ ooh that is why she came, hearing that is really comforting. She didn’t come for him, just her keys.

“I should get going otherwise he will get mad.” She gives me a quick kiss and Hyuk a hug.

“Tell me how it went, see you at home. “  she waves at us and walks out of the door.

 

“What is wrong Donghae?” Hyuk sits down and I sit down next to him.

“I haven’t told her yet, that I will be leaving tomorrow and I really don’t know how too. I have been away so much lately. It is like I am never home anymore. “

“Ooh you are going to Hong Kong right?” I nod, promoting my movie and fan meeting.. “You know she won’t mind, you know her. Just tell her, let her not find out from someone else. “

“I also haven’t told her yet, that I will be going to Kangin’s premier today. “

“You haven’t? Well you can tell her later. Just spend the time you have with her totally with her. “

Hyuk seems to be thinking “Why don’t you do something special with her tonight? “

That is a good idea... We can just spend some time together, go somewhere..

“Thanks Hyuk I will do that! Have you read all the things they said about us?”

“I have read some, they are really positive about you two. Not really anything bad. “

“Yes I know, I am so happy with that”

The fans have been very welcoming to her, to us. They really seems to like her or at least start to. I am really happy that I decided to tell everyone about us, it takes a way a burden is some way. I don’t want to keep our relationship a secret and I also don’t want to hide it from them. It is just a bit disappointing that the company still hasn’t announced it officially, but at least the fans know and the rest of the world.

“Hyuk I have to go, I will see you later”

 

Ari POV

I still can’t forget how Donghae looked, he looked so upset, angry, surprised... Even though me and Hyuk did nothing wrong, I still feel bad. I don’t want Hae to think or even a bit of doubt that I could or am cheating on him.

Okay, I am already here...I need to put aside Donghae for now, I really need to focus. I put on my heals and step out, someone immediately walks over to me.

“Good day Madam “ he bows to me and I bow back, I can she him looking surprised at me. I hand him my car keys and walk inside.

Not much has changed since I left, everything still looks the same. Where should I go to?  Should I ask at the reception? 

“Good morning, I am here to ...”

“Miss McClain.” I turn around and there is mister Park, I smile at him. He is such a nice guy, I am happy to see him again.

“Mister Park, good to see you again.”

“Likewise miss, please come with me your father is expecting you.” I nod quickly to the boy behind the bar and he is just staring at me with open mouth, I am glad that I wore my sunglasses...  I follow mister park and he knocks on my father office, or I think that that is his office. 

“Sir, your daughter is here.”

“Thank you mister Park, you can go.” Mister park smiles at me and I step inside my dad office. I take of my glasses and look around. It looks a bit plain...

“Arian, come sit down.” I sit down and my dad offers me a cup of tea and some sweets.

“I talked to Stella and it will never happen again.”  He talked to her...Well that must have been mostly her telling him how I made things up, like always.

“Now that I am aware of the situation, things will change. “ Change?  I am nervous about what he will change....

“You will start working here again, but then here in this office. You won’t clean anymore, but take care of more important matters.”

“Can I decorate this office to my liking? “ If I am going to work here, it won’t be in this plain office, I will have to make some changes.

“Yes of course, this is your office do as you like. Secondly, your villa will be of course yours and you can move in immediately today. All your belongings are intact and are there. “  Wait...He wants me to live there? Donghae.... I should tell him about Donghae. Or should I wait with that for a bit longer.... 

“And as last, your step mother will apologize to you. Publicly. We will set a date for that. Do you have any questions left? “

“uh.. no..” An apology... He really talked to her, she must be furious about it.

“Are you going to stay here long, dad? “

“I am going to take care of some business deals and  that will take about an month maybe more. “

“What kind of deals?”

“It is about branching out, I have planned to build an Wal-Mart, hospital and maybe move one of our jewellery shops here.”

“I thought we already had one of our shops here?”

“We do, but it is doing well so a second might be a smart move. “ I nod, it is still boring to me all this... It is too bad that this is my future..

“It there anything you want to tell me?” Yes...Donghae... I am just afraid how he will react, it has always been clear that he wants someone for me that is unrealistic.. I have no idea how he will react when I tell him that I am dating someone and that we live together and above all of that, that he is Korean...

“No...I can’t think of anything right now...” I have never been a good liar and I am trying my best not to look nervous, I will tell him another time about Donghae.

“Are you sure?” I nod... “Then you must be unaware about the articles about you.” Articles? He read them?

“I checked your instagram and a lot of people suddenly wanted to be friends with you. So I wondered and so is how I found the articles about you. You and Donghae, right? “

I nod...He knows..I look at him, he looks a bit mad... This is no good.

“How long have you two known each other?”

“For a long time, since I came to Korea.”

“So this Donghae... He is a singer right? “

“Yes he is. “

“Okay... Have you been staying with him?”

“I have.” I can hear it in his voice, he is not approving Donghae, it won’t matter what I will tell him... But I can at least try. “I haven’t just stayed with him.. We..We moved in together.”

“You what?! And you didn’t even bothered to let me know. “ He looks so mad... He doesn’t even give Donghae a chance...

“Sir, I am sorry that I am interrupting, but your appointment of today is here. “

I quickly stand up, this is my chance to get out of here.

“Dad, I will be here tomorrow. Thank you for everything.”

“Yes, I will be living across the street from you, so if you need to find me I will be there. You will be starting tomorrow, don’t forget that. “

I thank my father one last time, bow to mister Park and quickly walk out of there.  I see some important men standing there and as soon as they see me they stand up straight and bow to me, I bow back and walk past them.  I try not to run, but I can’t wait to be away from them. When I am on a safe distance I stop walking and lean to the wall.

“Oohh...” It’s like I can finally breath again. It is going to take a hell lot of trouble to convince my dad that Donghae is my one love. That he is amazing.. I put back on my glasses and walk to the elevator, luckily it is empty and I am alone in it. Where did my dad say that my villa was?

“Damn..” I stamp on the floor, I forgot to ask and he also didn’t tell me. I don’t want to go back up there. I will just ask tomorrow, maybe I can find it in the office.  I take out my phone, should I call Cho? She is now on break.... It would be nice to see her again, I should call her.

The doors open and I step out, Cho is still not picking up. Should I go and sit? I call her again and start walking slowly.

“Arii!!”

“Cho~ where are you?”

“I am on break now, I am now in our room. Why? Are you here?”

“hahha Yes I am here, I am now standing in the lobby.”

“Okay, stay there I am coming! “ Cho hangs up and I chuckle at her cuteness. She really hasn’t changed a bit. I look around the lobby and I see a lot of people look away immediately. A lot of staff is just looking at me and there are also some teenage girls here. Are they staying here? Maybe their parents...

“Ari!” I turn around and Cho is walking up to me, I smile at her and we hug each other.

“Ooh, I missed you~”

“I missed you too~” I let go of her, she cut her hair a bit shorter but it looks really good on her.

“I didn’t know that you were coming back to work here.”

“Well...Not really, I am back to run everything. My dad is here and he gave me my job.” I look at Cho reaction, has fallen open and looks really happy for me.

“Ooh I am so happy for you~ Finally you got everything back”  I chuckle and take her hand in mine.

“Thank you, by the way how are you, you and Kyu everything”

“I am good and me and Kyu are also doing amazing. He is really...He is just perfect he is so sweet kind, he...” She blushes and starts to giggle, I am so glad that everything is going good between them.  “And you..”

“hihi I am also good, well better now. Me and Hae are also doing good, I think. “

“You think?  Is it about him being away for the past days or better said weeks. “

“No, that is not it. It is more..” More about me having feeling again for Hyuk... I don’t want to tell anyone yet, not until I am sure. “Although... That might be it. I think it is more that he has been so much away. But I am so happy that he is back home, now I at least have my pillow back..”  I wink at her and we burst out in laughter.

We have been chatting about everything, about her work, free time  when the teenage girls walk up to us. They look shy, really shy.

“I..I am sorry to intrude..” They bow down and we bow back to them, still a bit weird for me to great everyone with a bow.

“No problem, can I help you with anything? “ The girls seem to look at each other and eye each other, seems like they are not on the same page about whom should do the talking.

“We.. We are Elfs.. And we recognized you. You are Donghae’s girlfriend right?” I freeze up and look at Cho and then back at the girls, I am so surprised that they recognized me.

“yes...yes I am, nice to meet all of you.” I smile at them and they smile back.

“We wondered if we could get your autograph and a photo with you” This is so sweet, I smile at the girls, they all seem to be anticipating my answer.

“I would love to” She hands me a pen and I sign for all of them.

“Do you want to take a seflie? “ She looks confused at me. Ahh wait “a seleca?”  I look at Cho and she nods at me, this is the word. They nod, should I take the seleca on my phone or? Aah one of the girls already has her phone out, I see that Cho tries to walk away put I pull her back in the photo.

“don’t you girls have school?” We took some pictures when this popped into my head.

“Yes, but we recognized you when you stepped out of your car and we really wanted to meet you. “ They all look down to the ground, it is sweet of them, but also wrong.

“That is really sweet of you girls, but you shouldn’t skip school. Now quickly go to school and if you guys get in trouble let me know. Study hard! “ I wave at them and they leave waving back at me.

 

“I have to go back to work as well.” Cho and I eat some food and are now walking back to the lobby.

“It was nice to spend some time with you, I will call you later. We have to meet up more often.” I smile at her and I hug her before she leaves to work again.

I should also be heading home, I go to the reception to get my car key back. It is still the same boy, only this time there is also a girl with him. When they see me coming they bow down immediately.

“I would like my car key back, please.” I smile at them and they look nervous, is it because of my glasses?  I take off my glasses, but it doesn’t seem to help.

“Your car keys, madam. “ He bows down again and it is getting weird now.

“Thank you. “ They bow down again...They must know how I am, if everyone is going to behave like that, it will be hard to work here.  I turn around and start to walk away when someone calls me, or shouts my name

I turn around and at the reception is a tall man, leaning at the bar like he owns it. Is that...I smile and start to run up to him. He pulls me into a hug and lets quickly go.

“Madam “ He bows but then smiles at me again.                        

“Adam, do you remember what I told you?”

“I do, madam. “

“Well then, stop calling me madam and start calling me Ari. It is an order” He smiles at me.

“Okay, mad..Ari.”

“Good to see you again Adam, are you here to play bodyguard again?”

“It is always a pleasure to see you, Ari. Yes madam, I am here to play your bodyguard again.”  I suppose I could have seen this one coming, John is here ....

“I also have something else for you” He goes troughs his pockets and hands me a set of keys.  “These are for you villa. The address I will send to you later.”

My keys, now I can go there.  To be honest I am a bit curious how it will look. I thank Adam and put the keys in my bag. I look at the boy and girl, they have been listing to our conversation. They notice me looking and immediately move a bit further.

“Your Korean has improved a lot since the last time we spoke.”

“It has, so has yours Ari. It has also been a long time since the last time I saw you.”

“You are right, time flies by. “

Me and Adam stay here talking for a little longer when my phone goes off and it is Donghae calling, I smile and pick up quickly

“Donghae oppa~”

“Jagi~ I am calling to see how you are doing, are you okay?”

“Aah that’s really sweet of you, I am doing alright. I will be home 15 minutes.”

“Okay, see you then...Ari?”

“Jaah”

“I love you...”

“I love you too..”

I hang up and I can see that Adam wants an explanation. I don’t need someone else to judge my relationship today so I won’t tell him yet. I give him a hug and walk away, wait.. They parked my car, they need to get it for me. I don’t have to look twice, someone already walks over to me and I hand him my key.

I park the car fast and I go upstairs quickly. Our door is open and I can walk in straight away. I walk in, but then turn around, why is our door open?  I put try to pull my heels of and at the same time to close the door. Somehow it works and I walk into our home and take of my coat. I still don’t get it, why was our door open? 

“Whaa” to hands pull me into a hug and I know it is Donghae and hug him back tightly. “Did you leave our door open?” Instead of answering he gives me a long kiss, we break apart before our kiss gets to intense and I hear some people on the background.

“Hyukjae, Siwon oppa” I haven’t seen Siwon in such a long time, he is so busy lately.

“Ari, good to see you again” We hug each other and I am so glad to see him.

“I heard your father is in town”

“Yes he is “ How does he know? Maybe did one of them tell them?

“My dad told me, apparently my dad and your dad are close friends.”

“Really?  Aah I didn’t know that.” I knew that my dad  had some friends in Korea, but not that he was friends with Siwons dad.

“Yes, how was it?  With him coming back?”

He doesn’t know yet.

“I will get something to drink” Donghae kisses my cheek and leaves to get us something to drink, Hyuk sits next to me and I start explaining everything that happened yesterday to Siwon.

“How was it meeting with your dad?”

“Well, he talked to my step mother, Stella and she is going to apologize to me in public. “

“Really?!” Hyuk looks at me and he is so surprised. I smile at him, I love it that he cares so much about me.

“Really, she is. “

“Can I come?”

“You can all come.” I smile at them and Hyuk winks at me.

“He also gave me my job back and I have to decorate my office so if you guys have some ideas please let me know. I also have my keys to my home, so I am going there tonight. Do you want to go with me?”

“I would love to, but I can’t I am so sorry” Siwon looks upset that he can’t go.

“Siwon oppa, that is okay. You can come over anytime. “

I look at Donghae and he is avoiding my eyes. He can come right? I really want him to come. He stands up and walks to our bedroom, I follow him and close the door behind me. Before I close the door I can see Hyuk and Siwon looking at each other, seems that they know that this won’t be good news.

“Donghae, you are coming tonight right?”  I am nervous about his answer... He is playing with his hands and is trying to find the right words.

“I...I can... but...”

“You can so that is great. Why the but?  I know that this isn’t all.

“I...I am...I am going to Kangins opening for his movie and then..tomorrow I will have to leave again.. I... I am flying to Hong Kong after that.” He looks up to me and he is looking worried. 

“Tomorrow?” he nods... this isn’t really good news, and somehow I already saw it coming. I nod at him and walk back to the door, just when I am about to walk back to them he takes my hand

“Say something...” I turn around and he lets go

“What am I suppose to say? “

“Well how are you feeling?”

“How do you think. You just came back and your are leaving again... I...”

“I am sorry...”

“You don’t have to be. I just wish that next time you will just tell me immediately and not let me know in last minute. I will support you, but just tell me. That is all I ask.”

I take his hand again and his smile grows, I might not like the fact that he is leaving again, but I will support him. I know how important it is for him and to him.

 

“Well I have nothing to do tonight so I can come with you” Hyuk smiles at me, I smile back. I am so happy that he can come with me, somehow he is always there for me.

“Okii, I do expect a house warming gift” I wink at him and he chuckles back at me.

“I will bring something, but we need to go now otherwise we will be late.”

“Okay, have fun you guys! Siwon oppa we will meet up soon.” We give each other a hug  “I will come and visit you soon again. “

“Ari, I will come by later.” Hyuk walks up to me and takes me to the side “You should go and talk to Donghae, he is feeling really down and sad about leaving you. “ He gives me a quick and slurs Siwon out of the door.

I walk to the bedroom and Donghae is sitting on the bed with his head held down. He really does look sad. I sit behind him and wrap my hands around him. He puts his hands on mine and I rest my head on his shoulder.

“Donghae oppa~, Don’t be sad. You will be back home soon, and now at least I can make everything look good and perfect before you come back there again.”

“I just wished that I could be there...I want to help you decorate everything, be home when you come back from your first day at work. Is the first time you see your home and I just wanted to be there with you....”

“Donghae...It won’t be just my home...It will also be yours, look don’t worry too much about it, it won’t be home until you will be there. “ I hold him tighter.. “Donghae will can still talk over the phone. Don’t worry too much.”

 “Aria...”

I let go of Donghae and take his hand “Come you need to go otherwise you will be late.”

He wraps his arms around me and twirls me around...I love it when he does that.

We are standing by the door and he is on one side and I am on the other...I don’t want him to go yet, he takes my hand and kisses it. I smile...I will miss him, a lot..

“I will be back in a few hours. “

“Come home safely, okay? And have fun.”

I give him a kiss and after he leaves I close the door. That was the secret that he was keeping.. I am happy that he can come tonight, even if he is leaving tomorrow. At least now I will have the time to make it more like our home... There is just one problem...My father.