Fade Away

Danger Over Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Doctor] The time of death is 8:25pm... April 15, 2014...

[Tao] Jung Hee...

 

Jung Hee smiled at Tao, trying to put on a brave mask to hide her grief. However, no matter how hard she tried, the pain kept on cutting through her heart, making a tear fall out of her eye. Xiumin, Lay, and Tao escorted her out of the room to calm her down. Kris stayed inside to discuss other matters with the doctor. Although silent, Jung Hee's cries pierced throughout the members' hearts. They spent hours in the hospital, waiting for Jung Hee to accept everything. Her father's body was already sent to a funeral service and her relatives were informed as well. Everything is ready for the funeral except Jung Hee. The ceremony was held at their old house, where relatives, close friends, and Jung Hee's classmates attended to show their condolences. EXO stayed inside a van parked nearby to avoid ruckus. Min Chan also appeared at the funeral, trying her best to comfort her friend. Hyun Woo's parents also managed to attend the ceremony in his stead.

 

[Mr. Lee] We're sorry for your loss, Ms. Jung Hee.

[Mrs. Lee] We-- *clears throat* I, rather, treated you so badly while you're always there for our son. What you said last night is true... I just realized that. I'm very sorry for everything I did and said. We're here in place of Hyun Woo. This is the least we can do for him.

[Jung Hee] It's okay *smiles*. I've already forgiven you. Thank you for coming.

 

The day ended slowly with different people coming and leaving. It was indeed a very tiring day for Jung Hee, who barely stood from the chair she was sitting on ever since the ceremony started. The visitors were already leaving one after another and only a few were left. The members, who were already bored waiting inside the van, decided to step out and formally attend the funeral. Jung Hee stayed sitting on her chair while staring at her father's photo. Isn't it too early? I was just about to start. I haven't repayed all of the sacrifices my father did for me. Why?

 

[Su Ho] Are you alright?

[Jung Hee] Ne *fake smile*

[Su Ho] We're very sorry---

[Jung Hee] You don't have to be.

[Su Ho] If you need anything, just call us.

[Jung Hee] No thanks. I can handle myself.

[Su Ho] A-Arasseo... *leaves*

[Chan Yeol] What did she say?

[Su Ho] She's fine.

[Tao] I'll talk to her.

[Su Ho] Don't! I guess she's in a bad mood.

[Tao] I can do it.

 

Tao disobeyed Su Ho's advice and tried his luck to communicate with Jung Hee. He casually sat down beside her and held her hand as if they normally do. She looked at him in disbelief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter