Chapter 51

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: We're almost nearing the end of Book 1, guys! Stay still and keep looking forward to the last remaining chapters. I'm hoping I could begin with Book 2 next week. Enjoy! :)

 

 

 

CHAPTER 51

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

Wednesday

 

“Here we go,” Kris muttered as he reached up and placed the second trophy on the shelf. It looked magnificent standing beside the first. A sudden overwhelming sensation washed over me. Seeing the fruit of my labor in front of me, all exhaustion from work and loneliness from being away from my family is entirely worth it. Kris stepped away from the shelf to marvel at his work. “It looks wonderful. Well done, Kris,” he said, patting himself on the shoulder.

 

“This space should be yours now, Hanna,” Suho spoke, pointing the three-floored glass shelf. “This is where we’ll put all your trophies.”

 

Sehun stretched his arms and plopped down on the couch beside me. Flexing his neck, he spoke, “Wow. It feels like only yesterday when noona came to live with us. Now she already brought home two trophies! Time sure flies so fast.”

 

Luhan chuckled beside him and ruffled his hair.

 

“Ya, Sehun-ah. You speak like an old man,” he mused.

 

This made the members laugh, even me.

 

“Waaa, our maknae’s really grown up now!” I exclaimed, also ruffling Sehun’s hair. He jerked away and stuck his tongue out. I laughed harder.

 

“Time flies so fast that soon this shelf would surely be filled by Hanna’s awards,” Kai mumbled, staring at the two lone trophies standing on the shelf.

 

Lay stood up and walked towards the shelf, marveling beside Kai. He sighed and spoke, “Don’t grow up too fast, Hanna-ya. And don’t look for any man just yet. Your twelve oppas will always be here for you.”

 

My eyes immediately darted towards Baekhyun. He’s looking at Lay with worry in his eyes. I know what he’s thinking. If the guys only knew… Though he won’t admit it, I know he’s just afraid as I am in breaking the boys’ hearts. I sighed inwardly. This is really going to be a tough battle for the two of us…

 

 

***

 

 

“Settle down, boys! The show’s about to start!” Suho ordered as he grabbed the bowl of popcorn and took his seat on the couch. All the boys immediately followed and crowded themselves in front of the television.

 

“Shouldn’t we record this? This is Hanna’s very first variety show! This is history!” Chanyeol exclaimed, pointing at the television with his two hands.

 

I laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

 

“Don’t worry, oppa. I’m sure it’s going to be uploaded on the internet anyway,” I replied.

 

“Hush! Hush! It’s starting!” Tao scolded as he placed a handful of popcorn in his mouth. Sitting on the floor, he inched towards Suho, leaning his back on Suho's knees.

 

I felt Baekhyun shift beside me.

 

“I’ve waited so long for this,” I heard him whisper. I turned to look at him but he had his face focused on the television. He had on a goofy smile.

 

I gulped and returned my attention on the screen. 

 

The show began.

 

Silence filled the room as the introduction continued. All the boys were concentrating, not wanting to miss even the smallest detail. They came back to life once I entered the scene.

 

“Wow, our dongsaeng’s really pretty,” Xiumin said in awe, his eyes fixed on the screen and his mouth hanging slightly open.

 

“Your fanboys are surely going to increase after this show, Hanna,” Chen muttered in between mouthfuls of popcorn.

 

The program progressed as well as the continuous drumming of my heart. Each second passing by means getting closer to the portion I’ve been dreading. Just why do they have to include that kind of game?

 

The boys laughed here and there, each of them giving comments about how well I was doing and how I actually fit variety shows. I kept giving them awkward smiles. Oh if you guys only knew how much they tortured me, I almost said.  

 

Then came my most dreaded part.

 

“Who’s My Bias!” I heard Doni and Coni announce on television.

 

The boys looked at one another.

 

“Who… what?” Sehun mumbled in confusion.

 

I closed my eyes and buried my face between my knees.

 

I can’t watch this.

 

I just can’t.

 

The emcees began explaining the rules of the game and I heard the boys gasp in unison. Baekhyun seemed to freeze beside me. Oh, I’m dead.

 

“Did they ask you to choose between us, Hanna? Who did you choose?” Kai asked instantly.

 

My face still kept hidden, I only gave him a shake of the head.

 

“Don’t worry, Hanna. Since we have a heart, we will not include your beloved sunbaenims under SM,” said Coni’s voice on the TV.

 

This seem to satisfy Kai’s curiosity.

 

“Ahh… I see,” I heard him say.

 

The living room remained quiet again as the game continued.

 

The boys gave random comments about every male group member I chose.

 

“You like the twins?” I heard Luhan exclaim.

 

“Ohhh, Jaejin sunbaenim,” Kyungsoo said in amusement.

 

Each male group that passed drew the whole program closer and closer to my most dreaded part. I hadn’t noticed that I had pressed myself too tightly I almost turned into a human ball.

 

I felt Baekhyun give me a slight pat on the shoulder.

 

“It’s alright,” he whispered. I almost cried. Nothing’s going to be alright! Just wait and see what happens and tell me it’s alright! I almost yelled at him.

 

“BTOB!” Chanyeol announced. “Let’s see who’s going to---“

 

Whatever Chanyeol’s about to say, it was interrupted by my instant answer. I pressed myself closer on my knees.

 

“Sungjae-ssi,” I heard my voice speak through the television.

 

Baekhyun tensed beside me.

 

Now tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter