Chapter 45

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 45

 

[Byun Baek Hyun’s POV]

 

 

I watched as Hanna removed the phone from her ear and ended the call. She had been on it for a few hours, talking to her family. I gave her the time and lay sprawled on her bed, waiting for her patiently. But everything changed when I saw her looking at me. I wonder why…

 

She had stared at me with eyes full of wonder and awe that I cannot help but be curious as to what they could possibly be talking about. They’re not talking about me, weren’t they?

 

She slid the sliding door open and entered the room. Sitting on her bed cross-legged, I opened my arms to welcome her. My heart almost exploded when she warmly accepted my invitation and pressed herself into me.

 

“How’s the conversation with your family?” I asked as I began curling her hair using my fingers. The way its softness and smoothness lingers in my every touch is really making me feel addicted to playing around with it. I have always loved Hanna’s hair. It has been one of the many points in her that I actually learned to love first.

 

She pressed herself closer to me, her back against my chest. She answered, “It was fine. We talked a lot.”

 

“I noticed,” I mumbled almost to myself.

 

She turned from her seat to look at me.

 

“Wanna know what we talked about?” she asked, her eyes bright with I don’t know what… excitement?

 

“I’m always curious about anything that happens to you, Hanna,” I replied sincerely.

 

She nudged me on the ribs and I yelped in surprise.

 

“I’m serious, Baekhyun,” she said, trying to sound annoyed but most definitely failed. I could almost see twitch as she tried to stop herself from smiling.

 

“I am too,” I countered but then decided to let it pass, “Okay, fine. What did you talk about?”

 

This time, she thoroughly removed herself from my arms. Moving so that she’s sitting opposite me, she gaze at me directly in the eyes and spoke, “You.”

 

I knew it.

 

“Me? What about me?” I asked, utterly curious. She talked with her parents, didn’t she? What could they possibly talk about me?

 

She looked down at her hands, tightly clasped on her lap. She began to explain, “I already told Dad about you, Baekhyun.”

 

This made me raise my eyebrows.

 

“You did?” I blurted, quite surprised. I never expected Hanna to tell her parents about me, much less her Dad. Well, I more of hoped than expected. Up until now, it is still quite hard for me to grasp the reality that we’re really doing this – that we really love each other. I always feel like I love her more than she loves me - needs her more than she needs me. Knowing that she bravely told her Dad about me, that ought to mean I do amount to something for her, right?

 

She nodded, still not looking at me. I touched her chin and tipped her head up.

 

“What did you tell him?” I breathed. I could almost feel my heart begin to race.

 

Hanna seemed to contemplate about this for a second. But then she whispered, “That I love you.”

 

I gulped.

 

I had this sudden urge to kiss her again.

 

God, why do I always want to kiss her? Why do I always want to lay my hands on her?

 

Is this starting to become some sort of addiction?

 

Is Hanna starting to become some sort of a drug to me?

 

I blinked, trying to clear my head. I am prone to losing my mind every time I am with her.

 

“And what did your father tell you?” I asked again though I already have an idea on what would be the answer. I could still remember so clearly that night when I spoke to her Dad.

 

“He told me he’s happy for us,” she replied, her voice hushed. She sounded like she still cannot believe this is actually happening. Truthfully, the time I spoke to her Dad felt like a great step for me. It made me calmer and more secured towards Hanna. It’s like a heavy load has been lifted off me. Now that her Dad knows about me, I could proudly say that I have the upperhand compared to the other guys who have their eyes on her. “He asked me why I love you.”

 

This caught my attention.

 

Her Dad also asked me the same thing. I could almost hear my answer all over again, “Because your daughter makes me feel alive, Sir. She gave me a new reason to live this path I’ve chosen.”

 

“What did you tell him?” I asked. For many times, I have also thought about what she could possibly see in me. What I could possibly have to make her love me. Call me stupid, but I do believe Hanna is far greater than what I actually deserve. She’s far too greater than anything I could ever hope for a lady.

 

Removing her face from my grasp, she ducked her head again and answered, “I told the same things I used to tell you… The way you make me feel so special, so loved, so adored. Like you are my personal space – you is where I belong…”

 

My heartbeat picked up and my breathing accelerated.

 

What you do to me, Hanna, I almost told her.

 

“Can you tell me something, Baekhyun?” she asked out of the blue.

 

“Sure. Anything, love,” I told her, giving emphasis on the last word. I love calling her that way. I wonder if she feels the same.

 

I heard her take a deep breath.

 

“What did Dad tell you when he asked to talk to you?” she murmured almost to herself.

 

“Did your Dad tell you it’d be okay for me to share anything?” I asked just in case. It won’t hurt me to be cautious but it would definitely hurt me if her Dad’s trust on me would be broken.

 

She nodded quietly.

 

I began to speak.

 

“He told me to look after you,” I said, trying to see how she would react first. Seeing her calmness, I continued, “He asked me to take care of you since he’s incapable of doing it while h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter