76/100 redocean- - away from the shadows, destroyed by the light

The Library Archives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

away from the shadows, destroyed by the light
written by redocean-
reviewed by LovelaceStranger

 

Title: 7/10
Honestly, the length of the title doesn’t appeal to me. It makes sense once you’ve actually finished the story, but I feel that it could have been worded better. Also, the name isn’t catchy, so it would be harder to recommend.

 

Plot: 28/35

                5/5: Originality
                For an angst oneshot where one part of the couple dies then the other one follows afterward, this is fairly common. On the other hand, you have a more realistic output compared to others which in turn makes the story pretty original.

                6/10: Believability
                I admit, there are a lot of questions I had in turns of believability. I mean, what are the odds that two people with issues in the past end up falling in love? I’m actually not sure. Quite frankly, this story touches base with many aspects of insecurities, denial, and attempts in righting wrongs, but how? The first few sections are filled with fluff and give off the “perfect couple” atmosphere, but after that, the PTSD kicks in. Furthermore, Kai has apparently been dealing with Krystal’s fears, trying to suppress her memories of who knows what. Why doesn’t he show more frustration towards her? If he did, then it would be understandable when Krystal was crying randomly in the middle of the night.
There’s also the issue that I find quite common with oneshots, details. Dear author, I understand the struggles of writing and you’ve written this piece beautifully, but how did these two meet? How did Kai react during Krystal’s first breakdown in front of him? What happened to Krystal to make her like this? What about Kai’s cutting, how did it start? You’ve left a lot of holes that may spark the curiosity of readers, but also confuse them. A lot of things came out as if it just happened, no reasoning whatsoever, but I know that there’s more to it. I feel like a parent asking their child for the full story, which in turn contributes to the lack of realism.
One more thing. It’s difficult to believe that you randomly bump into your ex girlfriend in the bar and she’s the one giving you the wake up slap. I can understand that Sulli was probably added for dramatic effect; however, she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter