Can't Be... God Must Be Playing A Trick On Me.

MIRACLE DO HAPPEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri, Yesung and Yoona waited outside the surgery room for Donghae. Yoona had her arms wrapped around Yuri, letting her cry in her arms. She was worried for her. She knew that if anything happens to Donghae again, she won't be able to withstand it. She will crumble. Or even end her life. Yuri is fragile. She prayed. Donghae must be safe and sound. He can't die or even fall into a deep sleep again...

After an hour, the surgery room light went off. The surgeon came out and all three of them crowd around him.

Yesung: How is my friend?

Doctor: Don't worry. He is fine. Just scrappings on the skin. However, I had called his doctor in charge, to check on him later to see as to why he was unconcious just now. He had been pushed back into the ward. He is conscious now. You can go see him.

Yesung: [Relieved] Thanks Doc.

The three of them hurriedly make their way to the ward. All three of them were relieved as they saw Donghae eating a meal, with just only bruises on his face and arms. He smiled. Yuri immediately walk to him.

Yuri: [Took his hand] You really scare me...

Hae: [Smiled, Taking her face] I knew it. Look at you. Your eyes are all red and swollen.

Yuri: How could I not be! Baby, I already told you... Stop protecting me always...

Donghae: Like what you have called me. I'm your Sweetheart. I'm your husband. How can I DON'T protect you. It's my job. I vowed not to let you fall into any harm. Don't be silly.

Yuri: [Smiled,Put her hands on his] Pabo...

Just then, Donghae's doctor, which is also Yesung's father's good friend, Doctor Ha, came in. All of them greeted him and he started reading Donghae's medical report.

Doctor: [Reading Hae's report, Face turns serious] Hae, I already told you, you need to carry out the chemo now.

Yuri: [Worried] Is he alrights, Doctor Ha?

Doctor: [Confused] Haven't you told Yuri about it?

Yuri: [Getting panic] What... What happen Doctor Ha?

Doctor: Yuri, I think you have the right to know this. Hae...Donghae has 2 more months to live....

Yuri: [Shocked, refuse to believe, Laughs] You must be joking Doctor Ha! Hahahas! How could it be?!!! He had been so healthy!

Doctor: [Sad] Yuri... I'm sorry... This is nothing but the truth. Remember a year ago when Donghae was in coma? At that point of time, we couldn't find out what's wrong with him right? Recently, we found out.. There is this tumor in his head and it is in its final stage now. We can't operate as the tumor is in the position whereby once it is being removed, his brain will be dead forever. We can only use chemotherapy in hope that the tumor gets smaller or shift its place. But apparently, it doesn't work....

Yuri: [Truth starts to sink in] So...So... When did this happen....

Doctor: A week ago....

Yuri: [Started Crying, hitting Taec repeatedly] WHY?!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!!! WHY?!!!!!! I'M YOUR WIFE!! HOW...HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!!! LEE DONGHAE!!! ARE YOU PLAYING A JOKE ON ME?!!!

Donghae remained silent throughout, letting her hit him repeatedly without any retaliation. He held back his tears. Yesung and Yoona were shocked to hear the doctor news. They couldn't believe this is happening. How could heaven be playing tricks on this couple? They had been through enough. Yoona cried as well, with Yesung hugging her tight. Yesung was devasted. He couldn't believe this is happening to Donghae. The strong Lee Donghae. He had never even been sick for more than 3 days. And yet, this is happening on him. Yuri, was the worse out of all. She was beyond shock. Everything in her world stopped suddenly. She was like thrown into the darkness. She hit Donghae hard, refusing to believe what she had just heard. After awhile, she fainted.

Donghae: [Shocked,Held her] YURI!!

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

Donghae was in his office, looking through the documents. He rested for awhile and rubbed his head. It was the fourth time his head was hurting for that day. Recently, he had been experiencing frequent headaches and some nose bleedings. He decided to go and visit the Doctor for a body checkup. He thought it was just heaty that causes all these. He made an appointment with Doctor Ha that afternoon. He didn't inform Yuri because he does not want her to get worry for nothing. He thought it was just a small matter. After 3 days, the nurse inform him, calling him down for the medical report. He lied to Yuri, telling her that he need to attend a lunch meeting.

Donghae: [Sat down] So Doctor Ha, everything is fine right?

Doctor: Donghae.... I think you need to be prepared for this...

Donghae: Eh?

Doctor: You...You had a tumor in your brain. It's in its last stage already... We only manage to spot it now because it is hidden way inside... I guess this is why you were in coma a year ago.

Donghae: [Shocked, couldn't believe] Man, Doctor Ha. Are you sure? I mean.. I only like experiencing headaches? And some nose bleedings. Maybe you've gotten the wrong report?

Doctor: It's the truth,Hae. I had checked upteen times... I'm really sorry to bring this news to you...

Donghae: [On the verge of crying] How many months more?

Doctor: [Sadly] At most two... Given your health, I think chemotherapy can keep you alive for 2 more months. But of course, the treatment aren't easy. Your hair will starts to fall, you will get weaker and weaker. But, that's the only way you can lengthen your life to 2 months. If not, at most 1 month. or even less than that.

Donghae: [Remained silent, bend his head down, wrestling with his own thoughts, Finally after awhile] Doctor Ha...

Doctor: Yeahs?

Donghae: [Look up, tears in his eyes] Don't tell this to my family. Especially Yuri....

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

Donghae held Yuri's hand tightly as he looked at her lying on the hospital bed. God. It is killing him inside. He thought he could protect her from all the harms. And yet, he was the one who is causing her pains. He feel like he should die. He shouldn't even be appearing in her life if he had known this would happen. This is too much for her to bear.

<<< YURI'S POV >>>

Where was I? Why is somebody holding my hand? Oh right. I fainted just now. The news. The scary news. This must be a joke right? It can't be.... We are living our lifes so well! How could God. How could you give me all the happiness I could have and take it away ALL at once?!! This isn't FAIR!! We had been through so much already! Why must you keep playing a trick on us!! 2months...2 months! We had only been married for just NINE months! What am I suppose to do... What am I suppose to do without him.... He is my life... Kwon Yuri, how could you not have notice about his frequent headaches?!! You are a failure!! You failed as a wife!! I guess... This is it... I got to face it sooner or later... I have to be by his side. I shouldn't worry him more now...

<<< END OF POV >>>

 

Donghae: [Putting her hand on his face, worried] Baby.... Don't scare me please... I can't live without you...

Yuri: [Opens her eyes slowly, taking his face] Baby...

Donghae: [Lighted up] Are you alrights?! [Standing up] I'm going to call the doctor in now.

Yuri: [Caught hold of his hand] Anniyo~ Sit down first...

Donghae: [Sat down] Eh?

Yuri: [Touching his face] It is true isn't it.... You aren't joking with me?

Donghae: [Knew what she meant] Yes.....

Yuri: Why didn't you tell me. We promised we won't keep things from each other.

Donghae: I... I don't want to worry you. I knew you will react in such a way... I don't want to share my pain with you. I want to bear it all myself. I was thinking of leaving soon.. From all of you.. So, you will hate me and won't even feel upset. But, I...I just couldn't bring myself to do that...

Yuri: [Got Angry] Lee Donghae! How could you be so selfish?!! Just leaving quietly alone?!! You know how much I would be suffering?!! It will be 10 or even 100, 1000 more times than this! I wouldn't even want to think about the life without you. I will not survive. [Started crying again] I... I don't want to... to lose you... I had vowed to share all your happiness, sadness, pains in the wedding. And you! You vowed to protect me from all harms and dangers!! Have you forgotten all about it?! [Started hitting Donghae again] How could you not keep your promise?!!

Donghae: [Tears begin to form in his eyes as he stood there, letting her hit him] Baby... I... I'm so sorry... I promise. I won't think of leaving you anymore. I will spend the remaining of my days by your side.. Please don't get too agitated again.. Our baby can't take it..You will faint again.

Yuri: [Shocked, stop hitting] Mwuh? What... What baby?

Donghae: [Smiled, Putting her hands on his face] We are going to be dad and mum already. You are two months pregnant...

Yuri: [Shocked] MWUH?!! At....At this point of time?!! This. Is. Not. Happening. To. Me.

Donghae: At least, there will be someone to take care of you.. When... When I am go....

Yuri: [Interrupted, Put her finger on his lips] I won't allow you to say this.

Donghae: [Smiled, Taking her hands] Araso araso... We will live these 2 months to the fullest.

Yuri: [On the verge of crying] Baby...

Donghae: [Smiled, Wiping her tears] Aishh~ Don't cry again.. Remember, I will protect you from all harms and dangers. And I don't want our baby to be like a crybaby like the mum!

Yuri: [Finally smiled] Yah! Pabo!

Yesung smiled as Yoona rest her head on his shoulder. They smiled. Though they find heaven to be so unfair to the Donghae and Yuri, they believe that they will overcome this as well. They decided to leave the ward, leaving them for some private time while getting the others to the mansion to inform them about this devastating news.

 

<<< MANSION >>>

Kyuhyun: What is it hyung? It's so late at night already. Why do you call us back suddenly? Did something happen?

Yesung: [Serious] Yes.... Hae and Yuri were involved in an accident just now.. Donghae was knocked down by the motorcycle as he pushed Yuri off the road.

SNSD/SUJU: [Shocked] MWUH?!!!

Taeyeon: What happens to them now?!! Are they alright?!

Yoona: [Holding back her tears] Yes....

Fany: [Relief] Phew... These two lovebirds are always that lucky. [But saw Yoona couldn't hold back her tears and cried in Yesung's arm] God... There is more to it right? What happen...

Yesung: [Hugging Yoona, her hair] Yes... Hae....Hae has a tumor in his brain... He is in his last stage. 2months left...

SNSD/SUJU: [Horrified] MWUH?!!! HOW COULD IT BE?!!

Yesung: [Sighs] It is true.... We couldn't believe it as well..

It took awhile for them to fully absorb the news. The girls cried on their husbands' shoulders, while they hug them tightly. They too, were overwhelmed by this news. Donghae had always been the healthiest among the group. How could he be having a brain cancer?! God is playing a trick on Yuri and Donghae. They had been through so much and yet, such things fall on them again.

Fany: [Wiping her tears away] So... So how is Yuri taking it?

Yoona: You know how she is like... Hae oppa is like her life and everything... She refuse to believe it and becomes so agitated that she fainted... And you know what? The next thing we know is, she is pregnant. 2 months. Just like you and Taengoo...[Weep on yesung's shoulder] Why must heaven play such a trick on them seriously... They don't deserve it!!

Yesung: [Hug her tight] Come on, baby. They will pull through this. Yuri is a strong girl..

Fany: What?! Gosh.. This is really too much for them! Yul...

Siwon: [Hug Fany] Come on baby. They will be fine... So Yesung, are we planning to tell this to Heechul?

Yesung: [Sighs] That was what I thought of too. But apparently, Donghae doesn't feel this way. He says he already fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter