Chapter 15 - Why do you keep hurting me?

A Story of Us.

Photobucket

*Your POV*
Teen Top has just ended. Jaynisah's still on her fangirl mood. "Jaynisah-ah, you know, you see Chunji everyday. Save your fangirling till you're home." I told her. "keke, he's my hubby. How can I not get excited?" she said, giggling. It's finally SHINee's turn. Why is my heart beating fast? One by one started going up. Jonghyun doesn't seem to notice me but Key did. They performed Ring Ding Dong followed by Lucifer.

The part when Lucifer was ending, I found a necklace right in front of me. I took it and saw the word “Jjong” written on it. I thought it belonged to a fan when suddenly I smelt a familiar scent coming to my side. I turned and saw Jonghyun on the floor, seaching for something. I walked over to him and reached out the necklace. He took it, smiled and said “Thank You” while standing up. As soon as he faced me, he coughed awkwardly. He immediately went up when Onew called him up. My heart hurts a little.

Soon, they performed a song which I’ve never heard before. I could tell from his expression how awkward it was.

As soon as it ended, I heaved a sigh of relief. Jay finally came up and performed! I’m so happy… Am I? Why do I feel like this? I like Jay, don’t I? Why don’t I feel so happy? Aish, shut up already. Let’s just watch. Jay performed “Girlfriend”! Ohohoh, what is he doing? He went down the stage and grabbed my hand asking me to come up with him. Is his fans going to kill me after this? Please don’t. Yah Park Jaebeom, are you crazy?!

As I came up on stage, I could see Jonghyun standing near the stairs. No doubt, he was looking at me. I could see his eyes, it looked as if, he’s hurting. He immediately looked away once he noticed I looked back. 

Jonghyun

*Jonghyun's POV*

Our performance ended. I had an uneasy feeling if I decide to watch his performance. Well, let's just watch it. I actually do miss talking to Jay. I stood near the stage and watched. I have to admit, his songs are good. He sure knows how attract fans. Just then, he sang a new song. "Girlfriend" ? Oh.. The beat is good. Suddenly, he went down the stage. What's he doing? 

He looked at *insert your name* and then grabbed her arms and brought her on stage. That.should.be.me. I looked at her and tried to see her expression when she was pulled up on stage. She looked happy, didn't she? I noticed later that she was looking at me too. I looked down and pretended I didn't saw anything. When Jay comes down, I ignored him. 

I need to go for a walk. I have to go for a walk. Yes. I should. I have no idea why, I walked from SHINee's dorm, till I reached her house. Why.Am.I.Here? Just then, I saw her. 

*Your POV*

Right after the show, everyone went home. Jay can't accompany home because he has other schedules.. Sigh, walking home alone tonight. Finally, I reached my house. I saw Jonghyun right in front of my house. Why is he here? I tried to ignore him and took out my keys, about to step in the house. "Thank You." he said. 

Me: huh? What?
Jonghyun: Thank You.
Me: Why?
Jonghyun: for picking up my necklace just now. 
Me: oh, welcome. 

I was about to get in when suddenly, he starts to talk again. "Do you even feel happy when you're with him?" That question, makes me think back about the past. No matter how irritating he was, I was happy with him. But with Jay, I am happy but not as happy as I am with Jonghyun.. " yeah, I do. I'm definitely happy whenever I'm with him. " I said. He suddenly grabbed my arms and turned me around, facing him and our faces were a few cm away.


Jonghyun: You sure? You don't even look happy. You're lying.
Me: Which ears of yours heard that I lied? If I'm not happy, why am I with him? 
Jonghyun: Because you thought that you liked him when actual fact is you liked me! Yes, you did liked him before. But that was before!  You know, you were deceiving yourself? 
Me: No, I DON'T. 
Jonghyun: YES, YOU DO! Do you have to keep hurting me with your words?

I was startled when I heard him saying that. That's definitely not true. His expression was as if he was going to eat me up. I tried to make him let go of my hands and ran inside my house. I hid beside the windows and saw him still standing there. 

*Jonghyun's POV*

I can't believe I said that to her. I did felt better after saying that though. Don't tell me, what she said in her dreams was a lie? 

*Flashback*

I was about to leave the room to prepare some snacks for *insert your name* before she wakes up. As I put my hands on the door knob, I heard her saying something. 

"Jonghyun.. Jonghyun..." I went near her and held her hand. Why am I feeling like this? My heart skipped a beat when I touched her hands. I tried to hear what she said and I was shocked to hear it. " Jonghyun.. I like you.." was what she said. 

*End of flashback*

 

That was what made me confess to her the other time... When is she going to realise that she likes me? I could tell from her eyes that she's lying. 

*Your POV* 
That's definitely not true, right? How can I like him when I like Jay? Forget it. I shall just sleep  and pretend nothing happened tomorrow. 

*Jay's POV*

Finally bought 99 roses for *insert your name*. I lied when I said I had a schedule! I wanted to surprise her with some flowers! I was walking when suddenly I saw Jonghyun standing right in front of *insert your name*'s house with her. I hid behind the wall and listened to their conversation. 


"Because you thought that you liked him when actual fact is you liked me! Yes, you did liked him before. But that was before!"

That was what I heard from Jonghyun's mouth. I could see her resisting as if it's true. That hurts me a lot.
Jay Park

I dropped the flowers and left the place. I was disappointed with what I saw and heard. Was it true? She was with me because she liked me before instead of now? I'm starting to wonder what is true.. 

I walked all the way to the playground to calm myself when I saw someone was there too. It was Jonghyun....

 

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

A/N: Here's a short chapter! I think. I had to rewrite some parts of the story because it lagged earlier. sorry. Here is it :) Thanks for subscribing and reading! Do leave a comment :))