~Chapter 52~

He's Hypnotizing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{~ Author's P.O.V ~}

It had been three months since Tao's death and nothing had been the same, each member acted out in their own rebellious ways and the house was tense and quiet majority of the time. As a cop Kris began spending more and more time working with criminals instead of returning home to his pack, no one even knew the alpha created a new look for himself when he shaved his hair off two weeks ago. Suho was only getting angrier and everyone was arguing or training with each other, it had gotten cold in EXO's house hold and only one person felt like they were still sane.

Zhang Yixing stood over the stove in the kitchen, everyone had long given up their respective roll in the house and he was the only one trying to keep it all together. Yixing' cooking skills had come a long way with all the time he was getting to practice, though no one congratulated him on it. Youngji spent her time at school, in her room or watching the members train for any oncoming battles in their backyard, which often would lead to her watching an argument break out leaving only her to fix it. No matter how much they loved each other, no one seemed to care anymore.

"Shouldn't you be outside practicing Yixing?" No one but Yixing cared, Suho stood in the doorway watching the healer prepare bowls and plates to dish out the food.

"We all need to eat, especially Youngji. She's only human, she can't last long hours without food like us" Lay refused to look up at the only leader left and Suho frowned annoyed.

"Yixing, I'm sure the human can fend for herself"

"Yeah well I'm sick of watching her eat an apple a day while watching everyone fall apart around her, besides whatever happened to the guy who finally go the little sister he had always wanted?" Lay snapped, though his tone was calm it stung Suho as Lay finally looked at him from under his over grown fringe, he had given up on looking after himself.

"That doesn't concern you Lay besides, she has Jongin" Suho nodded his head in the direction of the backyard. Youngji stood scrubbing the blood from Kai's lip silently with a tissue as Kai leant down for her to reach with his eyes wide with the puppy look. Yixing sighed shaking his head as he dished out the rice for everyone and put everything on the table ready to eat.

"Suho hyung, I know your stressed after evrything that has happened and that you're sorry for not listening to us, but you can't run us all into the ground like this. If we have to battle with that Monsta X pack, then we will. But we'll never be able to win if we've been run into the ground and can barely stand on our own two feet" Lay sighed for the thousandth time that day and Suho shook his head.

"I know what I need to do for my packs safety" Suho was stubborn and Lay was the one to shake his head this time as he walked away from his leader silently.

"Come in and eat guys, it's time to freshen up a bit" Lay popped his head out the back door and everyone stopped what they were doing, flames disappeared, the night sky got darker and the air got warmer again. Youngji silently pulled Kai to his feet tapping him on the to send him off before turning to help Luhan limp through the back door. Youngji had gotten a lot stronger the last three months but her words became less and less frequently heard, no one knew what was going on in her head besides Kai, Baekhyun and Sehun who knew a small part of her thinking but they demanded she was fine, no one else needed to worry about her.

Everyone sat down tiredly at the table and no one uttered a word as they lazily shoved the food into their mouths. Suho sat down at the end of the table in defeat and Baekhyun silently slid a serving of rice to him with a spoon and chopsticks. Suho sent a grateful nod and began picking at all the meat layed out on the table, the best food to give the pack their strength back. The door slammed open as they all ate making them look up from their plates, some with meat hanging out of their mouth as Kris walked through the kitchen tiredly.

"Hyung you're home ,want me to grab a bowl for you?" Chen pointed to his bowl of rice with pieces of lettuce and meat sticking out.

"No thanks" Kris muttered ignoring the others as he walked into the lounge and up the stairs. Kris sighed when he opened the door to his shared room with Tao, nothing had changed. Dust had began to gather in the room long ago and no one had dared to touch Tao's things.

"Three months" He whispered looking at the picture of the two that hung on the wall, right in the middle of the two beds.

"Three months since you left and nothing seems right little bro" He sighed staring into the eyes of Tao's representation on the wall, as if he were waiting for the picture to speak back.

"He changed his haristyle" Chanyeol noted not looking up as he scooped rice into his mouth.

"What are you on about? He's got no hairstyle now" Sehun muttered and Chanyeol scoffed.

"Shut it kid"

"What's up Youngji-ah?" Sehun looked up from his book spotting his best friend at the door to his shared room with Suho. Youngji shrugged, Kai was showering and Baekhyun never seemed to want her attention these past couple of days. Youngji crawled next to Sehun and cuddled into her best friends side as Sehun let out a sigh while putting his book down.

"Nothing seems right anymore" Youngji finally spoke up and Sehun looked at her wrapping an arm over her shoulders.

"Everything is changing, that's something we all need to take time to adjust to. It may not be a good type of change right now but soon that bad change will change again, into an even better change" Sehun shrugged and Youngji sighed.

"I miss him" She mumbled and Sehun was shocked at her bluntly bringing the subject up.

"I miss him, not just for me but for this whole pack. No one gets to see Kris anymore and all we ever get to do is train in the yard or argue about training, Suho's always angry and everytime someone wants to take a break he runs you even further into the ground. This house has lost any trace of happiness and I miss Tao and the happiness he took with him" Youngji whimpered and Sehun pulled her close to him completely shocked, it was the first time he or anyone had heard her speak in weeks and she chose to talk about this topic.

"Hey, we all miss him" He whispered hugging her closer as he sat up properly. "But you know what we need to do? We need to stop grieving and dwelling on this so much, we need to make our own happiness again. It's only been three months and that's not long, but the pain will still be here it doesn't matter if it's three more months or three more years. Tao will always be with us in our hearts and though that causes us pain that that's the only place he can be, we need to be happy for his sake and for the sake of the good times we had with him while he was in our life" Sehun rubbed Youngji's back letting her sob into the crook of his neck as he struggled to contain the tears slipping from his eyes.

"What's going on here?" Suho walked in immediately cursing his alpha mind for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter