085. Dusty Curtains and Opened Windows.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get your act together. Including today there’s three more days left.” Yujin said in an annoying tone that made her sound like she was way older than him. She jumped and sat on the kitchen counter so that she was high enough to reach to the back of the cupboard to grab her cereal. “-you promised.” she reminded.

 

Suga had gone out after making sure no more crazy acts were going to take place at home. Something about meeting a friend that Yujin didn’t really catch.

 

Jungkook silently sat at the dining table.

 

“-and one more thing..”

 

He looked her way.

 

“-it’s Saturday today. Why’re you dressed for school?”

 

Jungkook tried to hide his realisation but Yujin caught it. She smirked until her eyes landed on his neck.

 

“-and my scarf.”

 

“You gave it to me.” Jungkook defended.

 

“I LENT it to you, hello?” Yujin wagged her hands funnily.

 

“-tch.” Jungkook protested under his breath and unhappily loosened his tie even more.

 

Yujin minded her own business and walked around the kitchen, washing her cup and bringing out ingredients from the fridge. Jungkook looked at her curiously.

 

What.. is he doing?

 

“Why are you staring?” Yujin questioned, making him snap back into reality.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“It’s called the art of cooking. Are you familiar with that notion?”

 

Jungkook almost went at her but he held back. It was too early in the morning to start. Yujin turned back to glance at him for a while. She grabbed a bun off the counter.

 

“-yah.”

 

The moment Jungkook looked up, the bun was flying at his face.

 

In instinct, he swung his hand to hit it away. The bun flew and his the wall with a loud smack. Jungkook glanced at the bun with wide eyes in shock. Yujin burst out laughing before walking over to pick it up from the floor.

 

“-are you traumatised from yesterday night??” she laughed and swung the bread lightly this time and Jungkook caught it nicely. “-you’re too fun to tease.”

 

Yujin went back to preparing ingredients in the kitchen as Jungkook tore open the plastic to eat the bun.

 

The morning passed by quietly. Yujin started cooking and Jungkook was aimlessly flipping channels on the television.

 

“Yoongi.. hyung.. when is he coming back?” Jungkook asked aloud.

 

Yujin stilled before she whipped her head in his direction. “What did you just say?”

 

Jungkook realised he spoke out his thoughts and widened his eyes. “When is Suga hyung coming back?” he covered.

 

She narrowed her eyes at him. “That’s not what you said.”

 

“That’s what I said!” Jungkook raised his voice.

 

“You’re shouting. You’re flustered.” Yujin pointed out in a sing-song tone and turning back to cooking.

 

Jungkook didn’t say anything else.

 

A while later, Yujin brought the pot to the dining table. She took her cellphone out to call Suga.

 

“Ah, where are you?? What friend are you meeting that you’re taking so long?? I cooked lunch already!” she said once he picked up.

 

“I’m meeting with cheekbones. Come on. You guys go ahead and eat. I’ll come back later. Don’t leave anything for me if you guys can finish it.” Suga said hurriedly before he hung up.

 

Yujin frowned at her cellphone. “Why so secretive..” she mumbled. “-anyway, let’s eat first. Yoongi said that he doesn’t know when he’ll be back so eat up.”

 

***

 

After a few more hours, silence being the main common sharing factor among the two teens, Jungkook took his set of keys and left the house. Yujin didn’t ask where he was going and neither did he bother telling her.

 

Suga came back within the hour.

 

“Where’s Jungkook-ah?” he asked when he noticed one less set of keys on the key rack.

 

Yujin shrugged. “He left about half an hour ago.” When Suga offered no reply, Yujin glanced up at him. “-what’s wrong with you?”

 

Suga took a deep breath in and let it out. He sat down on the couch, next to Yujin, with his laptop case in hand.

 

“We have to find a way to settle Jungkook’s father’s issue before Monday, right?”

 

Yujin nodded.

 

“-when I told him to knock himself out to find out everything about Jungkook’s father, he really did knock himself out.”

 

“What did you find out?”

 

Suga pursed his lips. “First, let’s not bother about the extra stuff he found, let’s just focus on the things we have on hand that can push him to pull his men back.”

 

“Why? What did he find out?” Yujin repeated her question.

 

“It’s nothing important. Jungkook-ah is more important right now.” Suga insisted so Yujin dropped it.

 

“So what do we have now?” Yujin asked as Suga brought his laptop out of its casing.

 

“Well, he did such a thorough find that he even followed those men who were following Jungkook-ah.” Suga explained. “-and he found out that they followed him all the way to our house.”

 

“Our house?!” Yujin asked. “-as in THIS house??”

 

Suga nodded. “Mm, and he has proof that they’ve been camping out, stalking us all day since Taehyung’s case.”

 

Yujin let out a huge breath of relief. “. If they’d been following us since the gala my cover would’ve been blown.” she said. “-this needs to stop. We can use this against him. He can stalk his son all he wants but he can’t follow us around like that. Do we have evidence that those men belongs to Mr Jeon?”

 

“Yep. He got help from his friend to take photos of those men when they were here and when they went back to Mr Jeon’s company to report back to him.” Suga said.

 

Yujin had a frown on her face as they went through the photos.

 

“-why?”

 

“Do we have photos of them entering their main house instead?” Yujin asked.

 

“What for?”

 

“If they enter the company, that’s all we have. Mr Jeon could say that it was someone else in the company that had those men follow us.” Yujin explained.

 

Suga understood and nodded. He got on the phone.

 

“Hyung! Are you free right now?” he asked. “-yeah, about the photos, by any chance, do you have- huh? Oh. OHH.. Yes! Yes yes yes yes, please, thank you! I- oh-” Suga put his phone away from his ear.

 

Yujin raised a brow in curiosity. “And what did he say?”

 

“Like he read our minds,” Suga laughed. “-he said he has photos of those men entering the main house. He just got it from his.. photographer.”

 

“Wow, does he have like a whole team ready?” Yujin asked. “-first the hacker who got the CCTV footage, then some tech guy who managed to clear up the picture, now a photographer too? There’s no way he managed to do it all on his own.”

 

Suga laughed and leaned back as he ran his fingers over the keyboard of his laptop. “I have amazing friends.”

 

“What are we going to do with these photos?” Yujin asked. “-are you going straight to Mr Jeon?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.”

 

Suga glanced at Yujin. “What?”

 

“We don’t have our parents for nothing.” Yujin said. Suga faced away from Yujin a little while his eyes were still on her.

 

“I don’t know if I understand what you’re trying to say.”

 

Yujin rolled her eyes. “Ask dad to deal with this.” she said. “-let the adults deal with this. We shouldn’t get involved at this stage.”

 

“At this stage?” Suga asked.

 

“At this stage where things are still manageable from above.” she explained. “-that’s why Min Jina has yet to appear, despite Park Yebin, Choi Junhong and every one else that tried to mess with the BH students.”

 

Suga grinned. “Woahhhhh.. That was pretty cool?”

 

Yujin laughed with a roll of her eyes. “So I leave dad to you?”

 

“Sure.”

 

***

 

Jungkook wandered around the park as the sun began to set. It was slightly getting on his nerves that the men his father sent weren’t subtle at all.

 

His stomach gave a timely growl and he stopped to look towards the convenience store.

 

“Too much of instant noodles will kill you!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter