059. What Are You Gonna Do About It?

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin was half awake through class. She didn't sleep, but she very well could have slept with her eyes open.

 

When break time came, she stood up but Jungkook stopped her. "Where are you going?" he asked.

 

"Clinic. Sleep. Tell Yoongi." she said and left the classroom.

 

"I'll walk the damned shortie there." Jungkook informed Taehyung as the later came over.

 

"Okay okay." Taehyung nodded. "-in case he walks into the wall or something.." he joked.

 

Taehyung caught Jungkook smirking a little as the boy left the class and he mentally cheered for succeeding in making Jungkook laugh. Somewhat.

 

On the other hand, Jungkook did the same thing he did in the morning, resuming the awkward distance. He got glances by the students but he ignored them.

 

When they neared the clinic, he slowed down significantly and the gap between them widened. After being certain that Yujin entered the clinic, Jungkook made a u-turn and headed for the cafeteria.

 

 

"There he is!" Taehyung pointed when he saw Jungkook enter after all of them sat down.

 

"What happened to the damned shortie?" Namjoon asked, secretly laughing at Jimin who froze at the mentioned of Yujin.

 

"He didn't get enough of sleep yesterday." Suga explained. "-was he in class?"

 

"Yeah he was." Taehyung nodded and started eating.

 

"Why? What does that gotta do with Jungkook?" Jin asked.

 

"Nah, he walked the damned shortie to the clinic." Taehyung waved his fork about. Jungkook came over and placed his tray on the table.

 

"Why is he in the clinic??" Jimin blurted.

 

With that, Namjoon and Taehyung burst out laughing. Even Jungkook covered his mouth and lowered his head, pretending he wasn't laughing.

 

"Oh why, why, why, what's going on?" Hoseok asked.

 

"Hyung, I don't know if I should tell you," Taehyung tried to tell but Jimin dragged him down by the shoulder to shush him up in embarrassment.

 

Namjoon seized the opportunity while Jimin was distracted with the boy. "He confessed to Kang Yujin."

 

Suga immediately choked on his food and started coughing out the rice in his mouth. A very unpleasant sight which doesn't require description.

 

Jin was as equally shocked as Suga but the survival of his friend was more important so he multi-tasked, bathing in the shock of the news while patting Suga's back. Sad to say that multitasking wasn't his strongest suit and he ended up slapping Suga's back too hard, the younger boy was dying from choking on his own rice and dying from Jin's heavy slaps to his back.

 

“SH- it! STOP IT!” Suga rasped. Jin realised what he did and panicked a second time, offering the poor boy a cup of water.

 

"WHAT?!" Hoseok almost screamed.

 

Jimin got upset and angrily pushed Namjoon off his chair. The older boy didn't see it coming and fell off, creating more noise than they've already been causing.

 

Jungkook got caught up in the chaotic laughter and mess and exclaimed. "Oh man holy !"

 

Jin and Hoseok thought Namjoon would stand up and start a fight with Jimin but when the boy recovered, he was still laughing at Jimin's red face.

 

"Oh !" he laughed. "-I never thought you'd be so easily red in the face!!"

 

Suga finished his hacking of his lungs and looked at Jimin. "You what??"

 

"Ah WHAT!! I confessed, SO??!!" Jimin exploded.

 

His volume was loud enough to cause a few heads close by to turn.

 

Sensing it, Namjoon switched over to his hostile face and snapped at them. "WHAT? Mind your own business!"

 

Those who looked over quietly turned away.

 

"Wait, wait, wait, Jimin-ah, what did you do?" Suga asked again. "-for real??"

 

To Jimin's surprise Jin started laughing and started hitting Suga. "I TOLD YOU HE LIKES THE KID!!"

 

Suga on the other hand didn't know how to react. He had in mind when Yujin gets her first confession, he'd do a background check on the boy, making sure that he was a good person, whether or not Yujin liked him back. However, given the circumstances then, he didn't expect Yujin to get any confessions. The most he'd expect were girls' confession to Yujin. After all, 'Kang Yujin' was a GUY.

 

The more he thought about it, the more his mind drew to a blank. Looking at the red faced Jimin, he eventually became amused because Yujin was a girl, and she just received her first confession but under the given circumstances, it was just too funny.

 

1. She was dressed as a guy

2. She got confessed to by another guy instead of a girl

3. She was sleepy so chances are, she didn't pay any attention to realise that it was a confession

 

"W-what??" Jimin demanded when he saw Suga staring and the older boy just shook his head.

 

Jin wanted to tell the boy that it was completely fine to like Yujin because she was a girl, but of course, as much as he wanted to, he wouldn't.

 

"I respect your bravery, dude." Hoseok patted his back. "-I mean if I liked him, I won't have the courage to tell that to him."

 

Jimin wasn't too convinced and Hoseok had to stop Jin from laughing. "-yah you're really loud!!"

 

Suga rubbed his nose as he mellowed down. "Wait, it doesn't matter to me what kind of person you like, but then why of all people, that kid??"

 

"Yeah true," Jin agreed. "-of all the people in school you choose the most.. troublesome one."

 

"AH I DON'T KNOW OKAY??" Jimin yelled. "-leave me alone!!"

 

"Okay okay okay.." Hoseok laughed and rubbed Jimin's shoulders to calm him down.

 

"I hate you guys. Confess my .." Jimin muttered as he glared at Namjoon, Taehyung and Jungkook. The former two started another fit of laughter at that.

 

"Why?" Jin asked.

 

 

=flashback the night before=

 

"His royal moodiness arrives!" Taehyung announced when Jungkook entered the street tent.

 

"Shut up." Jungkook pushed Taehyung's head down and sat down next to him.

 

"So how are things at home?" Namjoon asked.

 

"Suga hyung is okay. The damned shortie is as weird as ever." Jungkook stated absent-mindedly and ordered a bowl of udon from the owner of the tent stall.

 

"Uhh I actually meant your own home, but I guess you don't wanna talk about it as usual. Never mind. You never mention your family anyways." Namjoon laughed and gulped down his cup of water.

 

Throughout the chatter, only Namjoon and Taehyung was doing all the talking. Jungkook was quiet as usual, but Jimin was completely out of it. Jungkook was quick to notice but he ignored it until he realised that it was starting to get weird.

 

"Yah." Jungkook stopped the other two and looked at Jimin. "-what's wrong with him?"

 

They stopped and all three stared at Jimin who was spacing out at his bowl of untouched ramyeon.

 

Sensing eyes on him, Jimin looked up. "Huh?"

 

"What's on your mind?" Taehyung smirked.

 

"Oh!" Namjoon pointed at him. "-crush?" he joked.

 

Who knew Jimin would actually turn red in the face.

 

Namjoon was stunned for a second. "-REALLY?!"

 

"Yah, seriously?" Taehyung nudged Jimin. Even Jungkook was surprised himself.

 

The day finally came when one of them fell in love.. or something along that line.

 

"Yahhhh we need to celebrate this!!" Namjoon exclaimed. "-ahjumma give us four more bowls of udon!!"

 

Jungkook protested with the widening of his eyes at the older boy. His bowl of udon just came. Either Namjoon didn't notice him or he chose to ignore.

 

"Wait a moment," Taehyung said. "-shouldn't we ask who it is before we celebrate??"

 

"Who cares?" Namjoon laughed. "-Jiminie likes someone!"

 

"Y-yeah you d-don't wanna know."

 

Three of them quietened down and glanced at him. "Yah.. you stuttered." Namjoon noted.

 

"Oh now I'm even more curious." Taehyung said.

 

They made way as the udon came. Once the lady left, they came nearer to Jimin again. "Come on. Who is it? Is it someone we know?" Taehyung asked.

 

"We don't know many girls to begin with." Namjoon noted.

 

"Park Yebin." Jungkook said.

 

The boys recoiled away from Jungkook with disgusted frowns. Even Jimin ruled out that choice. "What the heck? My standards aren't that low!"

 

"Wow then what kind of person did you like?!" Taehyung exclaimed. "-she must be a beauty!"

 

"..actually.." Jimin mumbled.

 

Namjoon pointed at his own ear and bent closer to hear. Jimin reluctantly whispered it to him and Namjoon's eyes went wide.

 

"Why why why why????" the impatient Taehyung demanded.

 

Namjoon took a while to process the information and let out a short breath of laughter. "Yah, go confess." he said. "-I'm serious."

 

"AHH WHO IS IT??" Taehyung almost screamed out of curiosity and Jungkook shoved him to shut him up and he almost fell off his chair.

 

"Can I tell?" Namjoon asked.

 

"Ah screw you all!" Jimin buried his face in his arms on the table.

 

"The person is.." Namjoon dragged. "-the damned shortie." He clapped once.

 

There was silence. Confusion, realisation, understanding, and then, the reaction.

 

"YAH FOR REAL?!" Taehyung sprung up from his seat but the word 'glee' was written all over his face instead of 'mock'. "-CONGRATS!!"

 

"Huh?" Jimin asked. "-yah, did you go crazy? I like Kang Yujin. I like a guy. How can you be so receiving??"

 

"-tsk." Jungkook frowned. "-didn't I already tell you??"

 

"What?"

 

"-just because we don't agree with it doesn't mean we can't be happy for you."

 

Jimin stared at Jungkook. "That's not exactly what you said earlier."

 

"It's the same." Jungkook insisted.

 

"Therefore, you should confess." Namjoon decided for him.

 

"So, so, so, go confess to him. What are you waiting for??" Taehyung exclaimed.

 

"Wait, you guys!" Jimin panicked. "-you're taking this in too easily- and anyway, why are you rushing me??!!"

 

"Because you might change your mind." Namjoon said. "-just do it. You know what? Do it tomorrow morning."

 

"WHAATT??" Jimin exclaimed.

 

"Do it." Jungkook agreed.

 

"See? Even his Royal Moodiness agrees. Do it." Namjoon said, ignoring the glare Jungkook gave him.

 

"..I'll think about-"

 

"No! Don't think about it any more. Just do it! Nike bro!" Namjoon exclaimed.

 

"You're excited." Taehyung told N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter