071. More Trouble.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin woke up way too early and roughly made breakfast for herself. Breakfast meant shoving a few spoons of her precious corn flakes hidden in the back of the top shelf, followed by a large amount of cold milk straight from the carton.

 

She stood at the kitchen island for a while to let the food go down her system before she drank some water and went up to wash her face and brush her teeth. Morning routine all gone wrong but she couldn't care less.

 

Suga was still fast asleep (she could tell by the snoring), and Jungkook's door was closed, meaning that he wasn't ready to go to school yet. Yujin decided to go to school first. She sent the same message to both Suga and Jungkook.

 

YUJIN: Heading out to school. Bye!

 

She heard two different notification tones echoing from each room. Suga's snoring halted for a moment before it continue and there was a loud thud from Jungkook's room as if his phone dropped onto the floor.

 

Yujin went down, put on her shoes and grabbed her bag to leave.

 

 

The school was still pretty empty because she was two hours early. She made her way to her class and took her seat. There was nothing to do so she hugged her bag on the table and took a nap.

 

 

Jimin rushed all his morning chores just to go to the hospital to check on Taehyung but the nurses said that Taehyung had been moved to a normal ward and visiting hours hadn't started. He had no choice but to go to school. Namjoon and Jungkook didn't pick up his calls, he assumed they were still asleep (Jungkook wouldn't have picked up anyway). He contemplated calling Yujin for a second but decided that his heart won't be able to handle it and went straight.

 

The school was empty. Jimin sat in his class for a moment but got bored. He walked out and when he passed by the classroom Yujin was in and saw her there, he stopped.

 

Yujin was facing the windows, back facing the door. Jimin softly entered the classroom, leaving the door open. He took the seat next to the one in front of Yujin and stared at her.

 

Damned shortie, Kang Yujin.. what are you?

 

It was light out but the Sun wasn't high yet.

 

Jimin gave himself the liberty to observe Yujin's face. Her long eyelashes, her perfectly shaped nose and her semi-parted lips that were redder than usual.

 

What in the world are you? You're like a girl. If only you were a girl, I wouldn't need to go through this troublesome phase..

 

Jimin gave himself another five more minutes and left before any one came or passed by.

 

Unfortunately, the very same guy with glasses who was responsible for the photo of Yujin and Yebin on the banner in the cafeteria was lingering behind the corners of the hallways. He had his camera in his embrace, with a very disturbing smile on his face.

 

 

Yujin woke up with a jolt when Jungkook purposely let his bag drop from his shoulder and hit the corner of her table. She had a moment's pause, eyes half opened with a frown, face blur and her hands inches above her table. She came to her senses and opened her eyes, leaning back on her chair as if she hadn't been sleeping.

 

The class was half full by then.

 

Jungkook didn't look like he was in a good mood.

 

To be fair, he never looked like he's ever in a good mood.

 

Everyone knew what happened to Taehyung so everyone expected his seat to be empty. Yujin noticed many of their classmates looking Jungkook's way after coming into class and seeing Taehyung's empty seat.

 

She did her usual observations through her lack-of-interest façade. She saw the girl in front staring at Jungkook longer than everyone else. Not only did she stare for a longer time, she was almost glaring. Yujin managed to catch Jungkook looking back with an emotionless face. Jungkook never held eye contact with anyone for a long time. That short but meaningful interaction quipped Yujin's interest since she wasn't in class when the girl approached Jungkook.

 

She kicked Jungkook's chair.

 

"Yah,"

 

She kicked harder when he didn't respond.

 

"-yah you-"

 

She stopped when she saw a bleeding cut at the left side of his left hand. Yujin grabbed his hand without a second thought.

 

Jungkook tried to pull his hand back in confusion but Yujin had a firm grip and inspected the wound.

 

"-you're bleeding." she informed him.

 

"So what?" Jungkook snatched his hand back.

 

"Go get it treated."

 

"It's just a cut." Jungkook said. "-no need to get sensitive over this just because you saw a lot of blood that day."

 

Yujin was rendered speechless at his words and let go of his hand. Some of their classmates who had been listening in, turned to look at Jungkook in disapproval.

 

Before Yujin got to stand up to start a fight, the girl appeared in between them.

 

"Why do you keep being such a nuisance?" she asked Jungkook.

 

Yujin snapped out of her reckless mode. Her blank face came back.

 

It wasn't the first time the girl approached Jungkook and just in case he hit her, the boys in class were on alert. This reaction didn't escape Yujin's attention.

 

Jungkook flung something off his table and Yujin saw that it was a plaster. The girl picked it up and slammed it not-so-roughly onto his desk. She was about to leave but Yujin reached out and latched her palm onto the girl's wrist with her elbows still resting on her own desk.

 

She turned around in surprise to meet Yujin's unreadable stare. Even after getting her attention, Yujin didn't stop staring. Her gaze slowly shifted to the girl's name tag.

 

Park Haemi.

 

After staring at Haemi, Yujin moved her eyes slowly to Jungkook without letting go of the girl.

 

Haemi stood there, unsure of what to do.

 

Yujin eventually glanced back at Haemi and let go of her hand. She folded her arms and looked out the window.

 

Haemi was beyond confused but told herself that by now she should have gotten used to how weirdly Yujin acted, doing whatever he(she) wanted. She went back to her seat, not before sending Jungkook another disapproving glare.

 

"Who's she?" Yujin asks with a volume loud enough for only Jungkook to hear.

 

"No one."

 

"You replied, that means she's not just no one." Yujin said. "-she's JYP, and she talked to you of all BH's. What's going on?"

 

"Why do you care so much about me?"

 

"Hey, be happy I care because I have every right to punch you in the face for what you said just now." Yujin was getting slightly upset at his attitude.

 

"What did I say? Oh, about the blood?" Jungkook looked at her. "-why? Want me to apologise to you? Okay, sorry."

 

"Save it for Kim Taehyung." Yujin said. She shoved her table and chair away as she stood up before walking out of the class.

 

Yujin was walking down the hallways with rage painted all over her face. Those who took notice of that shrunk away and gave her space to walk through. She looked very intimidating.

 

"What happened?" one of the BH girls standing outside her class asked her friends after Yujin was out of earshot.

 

Her friend who had her phone scrolled through the website. "Nothing major happened enough for that to appear."

 

'That' being Yujin's scary self.

 

"Oppa!"

 

Chills ran up Yujin's spine and goosebumps appeared over her arms.

 

So much had been happening lately that the name 'Park Yebin' had slipped her mind. Adding to that, she didn't seem to be in school for a very long time. Not that Yujin noticed. Until now.

 

"-oppa!" The voice was nearer now.

 

Yujin tried to escape because she wasn't in the mood to deal with an extra but Yebin started running and caught up to her. Yebin hugged Yujin's hand from behind and in a split second, Yujin swung her hand forward. Yebin's legs got tangled and she fell forward, ahead of Yujin.

 

People jumped back in surprise when someone slid across the floor. When they saw that it was Yebin, some of them rushed to help her, some continued adjourning to class, the BH students laughed at her. Yujin ignored her and continued walking away.

 

"Wait- oppa!" Yebin called out while sitting on the floor.

 

A few legs blocked her sight of Yujin and she looked up with a frown. "-yah-"

 

"Stop doing what you're doing, and leave Yujin hyung alone." one of them said.

 

Yebin glanced up at the colour of his collar.

 

Blue.

 

She picked herself up and dusted her clothes. "Excuse me?" she scoffed. "-what did you just say to me?"

 

The boy stepped back a little but a hand landed on his back and pushed him back to where he had been standing. His friends and himself looked back and widened their eyes.

 

"He said, 'Stop doing what you're doing, and leave Yujin hyung alone.' Is it so difficult to understand? Or do you have hearing disabilities?"

 

"J-Jungkook..-ssi." the boy said as Jungkook stood in front of them.

 

"Jeon Jungkook," Yebin laughed. "-suddenly, you're acting hero. Why? Aren't you the type that never cares about anything that happens? Look, even your schoolmates are surprised."

 

Jungkook didn't look back at them. He placed his hands in his pockets. "You've heard it once, and I'll say it to you one last time. Be careful, you might as well be the first girl I hit in school."

 

Yebin started laughing. "I think you're forgetting that-"

 

"You can screw us over?" Jungkook asked. Those around them were a little surprised. No one was used to the talkative Jungkook. "-you're the one forgetting who i am."

 

Yebin pursed her lips. First Kang Yujin wasn't falling for her, then Min Suga, adding to that there's also Suga's unknown sister Min Jina who seems to be out of anyone's records, and now Jeon Jungkook who turned out to be from a family far richer than hers.

 

She seemed to not be getting whatever she wants lately.

 

Without waiting for Yebin to muster a reply, Jungkook walked away. He turned the corner and saw Haemi leaning on the wall, who had been watching the scene. She stepped back in surprise when Jungkook appeared in front of her.

 

"It wasn't difficult right?" she asked. "-helping your friends instead of pushing them away?"

 

Jungkook let out a soft '-tch' and continued walking.

 

"Yah where are you going? Class is starting soon!" Haemi called out but Jungkook ignored her.

 

Haemi sighed and turned but someone's face appeared right in front of hers and she jumped back, letting out a small scream. Yujin seemed unfazed by her high pitched voice even though people were looking their way. She continued staring at Haemi with a small crease between her brows.

 

"W-w-what do you.. Want?" Haemi asked. "-n-no, how did you.." she looked past Yujin for a while. "-you were walking that way.."

 

Yujin didn't reply the girl and continued staring.

 

"-...what is it?" Haemi asked.

 

"No.." Yujin mumbled with the same unreadable expression as earlier in class. She in a breath and tilted her head away from Haemi a little without breaking eye contatct. "-I'm just wondering what's the relationship between you and Jeon-idiot."

 

Haemi swallowed a lump.

 

"Friends?" Yujin laid out her options with a small tilt in her head. "-if not, family member?" she moved her head again. "-oh. Cousin?"

 

The bell went off, saving Haemi from answering Yujin. She pointed upwards with a weak smile.

 

"T-the bell rang."

 

Yujin sighed and straightened her back. Haemi let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. With her hands in her pockets, Yujin spun her heels and headed off in the different direction once she exited the corner.

 

"W-where are you going? Class is the other way!" Haemi called out but again, Yujin didn't respond.

 

"-ahh.. What's up with them?" Haemi muttered to herself. She adjusted her socks and made her way to class.

 

Once she opened the door, she almost shouted when she saw both Yujin and Jungkook seated nicely at the back of the class. Yujin was staring at her desk blankly while Jungkook was leaning on one arm, sleeping.

 

"Haemi-ah what's wrong with you? Get in here before the teacher comes in!" one of their classmates said when he saw her at the door.

 

"O-oh." Haemi nodded. Yujin looked up from her desk and caught Haemi's gaze. The JYP girl averted her eyes and rushed to her seat.

 

 

Something is up..

 

Yujin glanced at Jungkook and saw the plaster on the place where the cut had been.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter