047. Yes. Friends.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the school bell rang, Yujin got ready to head to the locker hall to put away her things but on the way out of the class, someone blocked her way.

 

"Ready to face second judgement?" Daehyun smirked.

 

"Get out of the way Jung Daehyun. I don't wanna deal with you now."

 

"I'll have plenty of time to deal with you later." he replied. "-just don't fail too badly."

 

Yujin rolled her eyes and walked off. Jungkook got stopped by Daehyun as well.

 

"Where's your blazer?"

 

Jungkook ignored him but Daehyun grabbed his arm. "I'm part of the student council. You can't ignore me like this."

 

"Watch me." Jungkook challenged and walked off, leaving Daehyun fuming.

 

 

Yujin noticed Jimin leaning next to her locker once she entered the locker hall. Without saying a word, she opened her locker and shoved her bag in, taking out her bottle and a pen along with the entrance slip.

 

Jimin was amazed at the things she prepared to bring in.

 

That's it? A bottle and a pen??

 

Yujin closed her locker and was about to leave when Jimin realised that he had waited there to talk to her.

 

"Y-yah! Damned shortie!!"

 

Yujin stopped and turned back.

 

"-s-sorry for punching you!"

 

She stared at him a while before walking away again.

 

"-y-yah!!!" he yelled again.

 

Yujin sighed and turned back. "I don't have all day."

 

Jimin frowned but he took off his blazer. Yujin wondered what he was up to when he shoved his blazer to her.

 

"Take that off. W-wear this instead."

 

"What the heck?"

 

"Damn ! Jungkook can't stand the cold either!!" Jimin growled.

 

"Then give it to him yourself!!" Yujin shouted back.

 

"He can't fit my blazer just PUT MINE ON!!" Jimin exploded and stormed off.

 

"What the heck???" Yujin mumbled but exchanged the blazers anyhow.

 

On the way to the classroom, Jungkook passed by her.

 

"Yah." Yujin said and tossed his blazer back to him. "-thanks."

 

He didn't get to say anything before a teacher poked her head out of the classroom. "Jeon Jungkook-ssi?"

 

"Yes."

 

"May I check your blazer?" she asked. "-empty your pockets and roll up your sleeves please."

 

Jungkook did as he was told and saw Yujin disappear up the stairs to the next floor where her assigned classroom was.

 

"-alright, please come in, we'll start the test soon."

 

***

 

"Let's go to my shop!" Hoseok announced to Suga and Jin when he caught up to them after class.

 

"Sure!" Jin agreed. "-what about Nam- oh, Namjoon-ah, wanna go with us to Hoseok's shop? With the rest, where's Jimin and Taehyung?"

 

"Oh hyung," Namjoon went to the three boys. "-I'm going to Taehyung's class to get him."

 

"What about Jimin? Where did he go? I saw him rush out." Hoseok asked.

 

Namjoon hesitated a while. "He rushed out before I got to ask."

 

"Send him a text, we'll meet him in the shop after getting Taehyung-ah if he left already." Suga told Namjoon.

 

"Okay."

 

 

"What took you so long- oh! Hyung!" Taehyung stopped complaining when he saw the other guys. "-bubble tea?" he asked excitedly when he saw Hoseok.

 

"Yes, let's go!!" Hoseok exclaimed and swung his hand around Taehyung's shoulder and the two of them started dancing as they walked off ahead of the guys.

 

"Where are you all ditching me to??" Jimin exclaimed from the end of the hallways. He ran to them.

 

"Bubble tea. I was going to text you but never mind now." Namjoon kept his phone.

 

"Let's go, let's go." Hoseok urged.

 

"I'll tell Yujin that we'll wait for them there." Suga said.

 

"I think they'll take a really long time though." Jin said.

 

"I have nothing to do."

 

"More like you're too lazy to find out if you have anything to do." Hoseok laughed.

 

"I'm tired." Suga protested.

 

"You're never tired when you study!" Hoseok said.

 

"Not ALL the subjects." Suga defended. "-I get brain fried studying Maths."

 

"Oh!" Taehyung bent forward and looked at Suga. "-same for me!"

 

"I hate maths." Namjoon admitted.

 

"What the heck hyung?" Jimin asked. "-you got 97 for maths!!"

 

"I still hate it."

 

Jin laughed. "-life is not fair. He doesn't like it yet he still scores so well! But anyway I don't like maths either."

 

"Me too." Hoseok nodded and looked at Jimin. "-you?"

 

Jimin smirked. "We ALL hate maths!"

 

They laughed as they exited the school grounds.

 

***

 

Yujin was bored to the max. The invigilator in the classroom kept looking at her in interest and curiosity.

 

"Yujin-ssi, are you done with your paper already?"

 

Yujin grumbled. "Yes, can we move on to the next paper already?"

 

She hesitated. "Do you need a break?"

 

"No, I just wanna get over with this unnecessary nonsense and go home.."

 

"Alright." the invigilator collected her paper and handed her the next subject.

 

 

Jungkook on the other hand took his time. It didn't cross his mind that he could complain about time and get let off earlier.

 

Until the door to his classroom opened and he saw an unknown lady walk in.

 

"Is he done?" she whispered to the male invigilator with him.

 

"He didn't say anything."

 

"Ask him. If he's done then carry on to the next paper. I already handed Kang Yujin hakseng's papers to the head of departments to mark."

 

"Kang Yujin hakseng finished all of his papers???"

 

Jungkook looked up and surprised the two teachers when he heard them because they talked really softly.

 

"Are you done?" the male teacher asked.

 

Jungkook wordlessly held out the paper to pass it up. "Can you give me all the remainding papers?"

 

Let's just say that the two teachers were more than baffled at the things they were seeing. Kang Yujin finished all the papers in the time span of one paper's time allocation, Jeon Jungkook could've done the same if he thought of handing up the paper earlier and now he's asking to finish all the papers in one shot.

 

The male teacher handed him the stack and Jungkook got down to answering the questions.

 

He was about to continue his last paper but once he opened the paper, he stopped.

 

 

"What are these results??"

 

"What do you think you're doing?"

 

"I am enrolling you into JYP High. That's final."

 

"Where were you this morning?"

 

"How dare you enrol into THAT school on your own!!"

 

"What is wrong with your results?!"

 

"You're a disgrace!"

 

 

Jungkook closed the paper roughly and wanted put down his pen. The invigilators watched him silently, confused at his reaction.

 

One more paper to go, why is he stopping now?

 

Is he getting angry? Why is he getting angry?

 

 

Jungkook started getting frustrated that the memories appeared all of a sudden.

 

Fcking . Why did I score well in that stupid test? Now they're gonna think I'm finally listening to them!

 

 

Jungkook was about to put down his pen but he stopped.

 

"Be selfish for once. Then after that remember why you chose to do what you did. Selflessness for your friends isn't too bad. Only if they're your real friends."

 

 

Why did I study properly?

 

Those brainless adults would be more than happy and I'd rather die than to see that happen.

 

Selflessness for my real friends?

 

That damned shortie isn't my-

 

..is he my friend?

 

 

Jungkook squeezed his eyes with a massive frown and opened the exam paper again and started answering it.

 

Damned shortie, all because of you. I must be crazy to be doing this for you. We're not even friends. Dammit.

 

 

 

 

"Thank you, Jungkook-ssi. You may now leave. Take care on your way home." the female invigilator said kindly.

 

Jungkook grabbed his pencil case and headed out.

 

He was having mixed emotions. He was dumb enough to forget the main reason he never studied properly and now he ended up coming out first in the whole school. He was given a second chance to erase that evidence from them, but he answered the test like the first time.

 

Damned shortie I swear if not for the stupid deal and the stupid cheating case I won't have to have so much trouble.

 

 

Jungkook's mood was getting worse by the minute and adding to that, his throat was completely dry from not drinking water for more than an hour in the classroom.

 

And it wasn't a short distance where he was to the locker hall where his bag was.

 

Damned school. Why is it even so huge?!

 

"Oh, you're finally done?"

 

Jungkook didn't expect anyone to be there and looked up in slight surprise to see Yujin there with her bag. She wasn't wearing Jimin's blazer any more. It was hung around her arm.

 

"Quick go get your bag," Yujin said as she pushed herself off leaning on the wall. "-they're waiting in the shop."

 

Jungkook raised a brow. "What shop?"

 

"Hoseok's shop."

 

"Forget it." Jungkook said and walked off.

 

"Yah," Yujin said. The moment Jungkook turned, she tossed him something and he barely caught it.

 

Jungkook frowned and looked and saw that it was a cold bottle of orange juice.

 

"-idiot, who doesn't bring in his bottle into a full test. It amazes me how you got first in the whole year." Yujin smirked and walked to him. "-go get your bag. Yoongi and the rest are waiting there." she waved her phone in her hand and walked away.

 

Of course he won't come with me to get my bag or wait for me obviously..

 

Jungkook stared at the bottle.

 

Does he like orange juice so much?

 

He's just like Kim Taehyung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter