017. Autopilot

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin was confused. Very much confused. He kept staring at Yujin, then at Suga, then at Hoseok but didn't get a reply from either one of them. Yujin and Suga, as he remembered, were the closest to each other more than anyone he's ever known, but all the while they never interact, never looked at him while Hoseok.. he wasn't even supposed to know Yujin to begin with.

 

All eight of them filed into the discipline room.

 

They all got a lecture, but it was obviously lop sided. The teacher was lecturing five of them rather than all eight of them.

 

Jin just kept staring at Yujin throughout.

 

She's Jina.. right?

 

But she was scary just now.. I couldn't even recognise her..

 

“You just punched my friend, and you ask me 'what the heck'?”

 

but she did say 'friend'.

 

Gah that punch really hurt.

 

 

“Seokjin-ssi,”

 

Jin blinked and looked at the teacher.

 

“-you just came back from the States. You were our best students in JYP and you're the oldest among your friends. Please don't get involved with people who will tarnish your reputation.”

 

Yujin scoffed.

 

“Kang Yujin, you are to keep quiet!”

 

“Are you done?” Yujin asked and all seven boys looked at her.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You're not excused.” Yujin said. Suga wanted to yell at her but Hoseok held his arm, making the latter glare at him but Hoseok shook his head.

 

“-are you done with your superficial lecture?” Yujin continued, completely pissing the teacher off. She was upset herself so she didn't really bother about the teacher, or the fact that Suga was about to explode. She knew he was boiling but she was so frustrated at everything she just wanted to get out of the stuffy room.

 

“-because I'm wasting my time staying here and listening to your annoying voice. I'd rather do something more productive like rot in my classroom. At least I MIGHT learn something useful in there rather than hearing you lecture us on things when you barely know any of us.” Yujin said rudely.

 

Jin's jaws fell open.

 

Namjoon, Jimin and Taehyung were mortified because they've never seen Yujin disrespect an elder, not even the biased discipline teacher back in BH. Jungkook just continued staring at the flowerpot at the corner of the room next to him. He was.. weird like that..

 

The discipline teacher was dumbfounded. Twenty years of her job as the head of discipline in JYP, this was the first time a student talked back.. and in such a rude manner too.

 

“-nothing more to say?” Yujin asked. “-good. I'm out.” she grabbed her bag from the floor toughly and turned to go.

 

Surprisingly before she walked out the door, she turned around, bowed lower than 90 degrees and slammed the door shut. Suga almost hyperventilated. Hoseok was highly impressed, although it was the wrong time to admire Yujin. Jin just got more confused.

 

The silence in the room carried in the room carried on for a whole 60 seconds.

 

That silence was broken by a vase.

 

Everyone flinched in surprise and turned towards the source of the shattering noise. The discipline teacher widened her eyes. Jungkook just shrugged with his hands in his pockets next to the broken pieces of what was once the flower pot.

 

“Oops.” he said without an expression.

 

“GET OUT!! ALL OF YOU!!!!” she screamed.

 

Taehyung made an annoyed face. “First you ask us to come in now you ask us to-”

 

“GET OUT!!”

 

“Okay okay!” he raised his hands in surrender.

 

Just like how they filed in, they filed out of the room.

 

When the door closed behind them, Jin grabbed Suga's hand and dragged him away without saying anything to Hoseok, leaving him behind with the other four boys.

 

“Uhm.. well.. I guess, let's walk the two to class before we head back to our class?” Hoseok asked Namjoon and Jimin.

 

Jimin wanted to yell profanities at him but Namjoon agreed with Hoseok before he could start. Taehyung trailed with Jungkook behind the older guys.

 

“What the heck was that for?” Taehyung asked Jungkook.

 

“-or would you rather stay in there any longer?” Jungkook asked back. “-the lady had nothing to say any more but she won't have let us out.”

 

“But the damned shortie said not to cause trouble!”

 

Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's shirt. After the brawl between Jimin and Yujin, Taehyung somehow didn't have the urge to get rowdy. In fact, he was a little afraid, but he didn't show it too much. Yet.

 

“Jungkook-ah!!” Namjoon warned.

 

Hoseok was getting kinda scared being the only 'normal' guy among the four delinquents. At least Yujin wasn't that scary when she was around him before.. that was what he thought.. before the incident just now.

 

“I don't do what that damned shortie says. He's the one who cause trouble when he was going about not doing it,” Jungkook said in a low voice. “-if you guys want to listen to him, go ahead. Leave me out of this.”

 

The youngest boy pushed Taehyung away and walked off. Namjoon let him go his way and gripped Taehyung's shoulder firmly. “You okay?”

 

Taehyung nodded. “..yeah.”

 

Hoseok gulped. “Let's go.” he said shakily and tried to smile and led the way.

 

***

 

Jin pulled Suga to a discussion room in the library and locked the door.

 

“Explain, now.” he demanded.

 

Suga only remained silent. Jin walked up to him. “-Suga, please. I wanna know what happened to Jina!”

 

Oh how Suga hated seeing Jin like that.

 

“Hyung, look. I have no idea either okay??”

 

Jin sighed. “Okay, okay.. tell me this first. I don't get what's Miss Choi saying about BH students and the five of them. Their uniforms are different. Why's that?”

 

“Their uniforms are different?” Suga looked at him. Jin was surprised he didn't notice that.

 

Jin pointed to his own blazer collar and the end of his sleeves. “The lines. Ours' light brown. Theirs' dark blue.”

 

I never noticed that.

 

“BH closed down. No one knows why, so they all got transferred here.” Suga said. “-I.. know Jina has been going to BH dressed up as a guy. Gosh I'm so stupid. I even allowed her to do that. For half a year!!”

 

“Yah, I haven't been around for a year and you both became so messed up??” Jin asked.

 

“I thought it was just dressing up as a guy. I didn't know she'd get into fights and- okay two days before we found out BH was closing, I found out but I just let it slip. I thought she was joking!”

 

“Alright, alright..” Jin said and patted Suga's shoulder. “-it's not your fault. Alright? It's not your fault.”

 

“But hyung! I really- arghh!!”

 

“Min Suga,” Jin gently smiled. “-it's okay. Slowly, okay? First, get back to class. We'll discuss this again after school. Don't worry about Jina, I'll help you.”

 

Suga sighed and nodded. Now that Jin was back, he was a little more relieved. He wasn't good with talking things out with people.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter