038. I Hate Greens!

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE, go back one chapter if you missed it.]

 

 

"Ahchoo!!" Yujin sneezed.

 

Freaking..

 

Shouldn't have fallen asleep drying the books instead of my hair first.

 

"-CHOO!!!"

 

Yujin got pissed at the amount of noise she was making in the quiet classroom and stood up from her seat and walked out.

 

Jungkook watched her leave.

 

The heck happened to-

 

"What're you waiting for? I'm not gonna wait forever!! I hate the cold!"

 

Seriously? He's that weak?

 

Yujin sniffled and opened the door at the same time Taehyung did and it gave him a shock.

 

"Damned shortie are you crying?!" he exclaimed.

 

"Shut it. It's just a cold!" Yujin shoved him away.

 

"Yah-!" Taehyung shouted after her but didn't chase her. He went to Jungkook. "-he's crying?"

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "He was sneezing..."

 

"Ahh.."

 

"."

 

Taehyung snapped at Jungkook. "Shut up."

 

"Whatever."

 

"Screw you."

 

Both of them glared at each other.

 

Taehyung stopped and smirked. "Childish."

 

"Speak for yourself." Jungkook retorted.

 

"Wanna continue?" Taehyung challenged.

 

"The last time we did, we almost tore down the cafeteria," Jungkook smirked a rare one, recalling what they did back in BH. "-and got punched by the damned shortie. I'm not risking it again. He punches hard."

 

The door slid open and they both looked over expecting Yujin but it was the teacher.

 

"Take your seat, Kim Taehyung-ssi."

 

Taehyung put on a nonchalant face and for the sake of pissing her off, he sat in Yujin's place.

 

"I said take your seat, Kim Taehyung-ssi, not Kang Yujin-ssi's seat,"

 

"None of the tables are named so whichever place I sit in is my seat." Taehyung smirked.

 

Jungkook wanted to tell Taehyung to move back to his seat but it just wasn't him to in when the teacher was involved.

 

The teacher gave up and started the class.

 

***

 

"Dammit. Caught a cold.."

 

Yujin went to the school clinic. She just realised it wasn't a nurse's office. The past few times she came in to 'steal' the medical kit and put it back, she never noticed the sign that read 'clinic'.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo." the staff at the help desk greeted. "-is there any thing I can help you with?"

 

Right. Because every time I came here I snuck in through the windows.

 

The last time I was sleeping here I didn't pay attention either.

 

"I caught a cold can I just get some sleep?" Yujin asked and sniffled, rubbing her already red nose. "-I'll be fine after that."

 

"Yes you may, please write down your name and class here." she passed Yujin a piece of paper and pencil.

 

Yujin did so and passed it back.

 

"Kang Yujin class 1-5," she read. "-alright. Please follow me."

 

Yujin was led to one of the hospital-like rooms. It was spacious with a single bed, walls coloured a light shade of blue and curtains draping over the window.

 

"I will write you a letter for your absence in class. Please rest well."

 

Yujin was left alone in the room. She didn't have time to admire the room or make snide remarks about it.

 

She just laid down on the bed with a crash and fell asleep soon after.

 

 

 

"-and that's why the-"

 

/Knock knock!/

 

"Yes?" the teacher placed down his book on the teacher's desk and the door opened.

 

"Here is Kang Yujin-ssi's letter of absence from the clinic." the staff handed an envelop to him.

 

At the mention of her name, Taehyung and Jungkook looked up.

 

"Absence?" the teacher asked. "-or is he just skipping classes?"

 

"He caught a cold and requested leave. He's resting in the clinic now."

 

"-did you get the doctor to check on him?"

 

"He just needs some rest I believe. He already fell asleep when I checked on him before coming."

 

The teacher squashed the letter in his hands.

 

Students in the class widened their eyes. Even though they had no soft spot for Yujin, and even though they knew that their history teacher was a strict man, no one expected him to do that.

 

"If there's no doctor's approval I will not accept this. Get him to class this instant." the teacher ordered and took up his book again. "-these brats from that school, if they think they can use their tricks they used in their school here, I won't allow it."

 

Taehyung and Jungkook frowned at the way the teacher acted.

 

The staff hesitated. "-sir, student Kang Yujin is asleep now I can't possibly-"

 

/SLAM!!/

 

Everyone jolted when the teacher slammed his book onto the table.

 

"These good for nothing hooligans have the ability of falling asleep wherever and whenever they want. This is just another excuse to skip classes! Wake him up and get him to class now!!"

 

Taehyung punched the table with his hands and stood up.

 

All eyes turned to him.

 

"Kim Taehyung-ssi, what is the problem there?"

 

Taehyung let out a laugh in disgust.

 

"Is that how a teacher is supposed to treat his students?"

 

The teacher adjusted his glasses. "I believe I do not need a lecture from a mere BH student. Sit down."

 

"I won't." Taehyung shook his head with a steady look, not once intimidated by him.

 

"I will see you-"

 

"-in detention after class? Don't bother. I'll skip it anyhow." Taehyung said. Jungkook turned and looked at him as if Taehyung became mental.

 

Idiot. You're in no place to be causing trouble by saying that now!

 

"-on the other hand, let me enlighten you, sir, just because we come from BH, doesn't mean that we're trash. Don't talk as if we're society's trash. Especially Kang Yujin. Don't accuse him of skipping classes so easily when you don't know ."

 

The teacher seemingly ignored him and turned to the staff. "Go. Now. And bring Kang Yujin to class."

 

"-let me repeat myself because you can't seem to understand," Taehyung raised his voice. "-Kang Yujin never skips classes. He has perfect attendance back in BH. If he says he's sick, then he's really sick."

 

"Do you have proof, young man?" the teacher challenged.

 

"Knowing him for the past year is my proof." Taehyung snapped back.

 

He was having the time of his life. He never thought he could reply so sharply before.

 

"That I cannot accept as proof." the teacher said.

 

Something in Jungkook snapped when the teacher continued being nonsensical with his reasoning. He pushed his table unhappily while still sitting down. "For fck's sake. Must you know the whole story? He got caught in the rain past midnight and caught a cold this morning. Is it that hard to accept? That Kang Yujin is human and will get sick as well??"

 

Taehyung gapped at Jungkook.

 

Jungkook just defended the damned shortie!

 

And he swore too!

 

"And how do you know that?"

 

Jungkook clicked his tongue and looked at the teacher in displease. "-because I'm his friend and I was the one that got him under the rain last night. Happy?"

 

Taehyung raised his brow.

 

He met the damned shortie last night?

 

And... WOAH.. He said 'friend'!!!!

 

"I want the doctor's letter on my desk by break time." the teacher told the staff.

 

"Yes I understand." The staff bowed and left the class.

 

Taehyung unhappily sat back down.

 

As usual, their minds just drifted off as the lesson continued.

 

***

 

There were still no signs of Yujin when break time came.

 

"Wanna go check out on the damned shortie?" Taehyung asked Jungkook. The latter didn't reply and got out of class.

 

"Childish!!" Taehyung called out and grabbed Yujin's bag before he caught up to him. "-stop ignoring me dammit! I'm older than you!!"

 

"So what? You act like you're younger than me." Jungkook muttered.

 

"Yahhhh..." Taehyung stared at him. "-are you trying to act high and mighty now?"

 

Jungkook ignored him and went down to the cafeteria.

 

"Hey guys!" Jin smiled and joined them at their table. "-where's Yujin?"

 

"He caught a cold last night apparently. Should be still in the clinic." Taehyung said and set Yujin's bag behind him on his chair.

 

Suga glanced at Jungkook. The latter avoided his gaze as if he was guilty.

 

"Where's the damned shortie?" Jimin asked when he came.

 

Taehyung smirked. "..gay."

 

Jimin glared at him but he got pushed away by Namjoon as the older boy took his seat next to Taehyung.

 

"I'm getting rid of this chair." Jimin put his tray down and grabbed the empty chair.

 

"Wait- what about Yujin if he comes?" Hoseok stopped him.

 

"He can take any chair anywhere later." Jimin said and they watched him transport the chair to the far end of the cafeteria and put it at a random table with BH students.

 

"He's reallllyyyyy like a kid." Jin noted.

 

"Don't tell him that." Namjoon laughed.

 

Jimin came back and sat down quickly. "Let's eat!"

 

Jungkook finished his food before everyone else and got up. Jimin wanted to ask him to get rid of the chair but Jungkook placed a foot on the chair and pushed it away, letting it slide far away before he got to say anything.

 

"Damn, he's cool." Jin laughed.

 

"Bias." Suga said.

 

"Okay, I'm sorry! Our Min Suga is the best, oh?"

 

"Urgh."

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter