077. One Week Trial.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO KARATEENTOP!!

and I don't know when I'll next update these few days so,

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO NYNAHONG!!

hope you have a great year (with more ups than downs) ahead ((:

 

 

 

There was a muffled "come in" and Namjoon opened the door, bowing before he entered, and the others followed in.

 

Headmaster Jung's face lifted into a warm smile when he saw them.

 

"Come, come, sit down." he told them and got up from behind his desk to the sitting area in front of it. "-what brings you all here?"

 

Jimin glanced at them but Jungkook and Yujin seemed to have logged off. Namjoon was the one who spoke.

 

"Headmaster Jung, we've discussed things with Taehyung yesterday and he asked if it was possible to lift the suspension on the three students who attacked him."

 

The headmaster was surprised at what they said.

 

"You want.. to let them come back to school without punishment?" he asked incredulously.

 

Namjoon shook his head with a confident smile. "No, sir. We would still want them to pay for Taehyung's hospital fees, and an extra small sum of money for emotional stress as compensation for Jiwoo eomeonim." he explained clearly. "-in exchange for their suspension, they should apologise to Taehyung, but publicly."

 

The mischievous smile that etched up the headmaster's face made all four teens raise their brows in surprise.

 

"Smart children." he chuckled. "-I was waiting for you all to come up with this. Tell me, whose idea was it?"

 

Everyone turned to look at Yujin.

 

"-Kang Yujin?" headmaster Jung asked and clapped his hands once. "-of course, one of our top students among the first years. That was good. Very good."

 

"Err.. sir..?" Yujin asked in confusion.

 

Headmaster Jung smiled. "Suspension can be deflected off the students' record if they have enough money. I don't have any power to stop it. A public apology, however, can't be avoided. They do owe Taehyung an apology. I can press for it. To the parents, those are just words, but of course, to teenagers like you, I'm sure you understand how it feels."

 

"See?" Yujin lifted her chin a little in a mocking manner towards Jimin. "-great minds think alike." she smirked and wagged her index finger from herself to the headmaster and back.

 

Jimin pursed his lips with a frown and looked away.

 

"So, sir, is it possible?" Namjoon asked.

 

Headmaster Jung nodded. "Of course it's possible. I'll send out to inform them. Don't worry. This, I can control."

 

Jungkook smirked and looked down. He really liked the way the man thinks.

 

The bell went off.

 

"-you should go back to class now. I'll inform you all when I've let those three know."

 

They all stood up and the four students bowed to headmaster Jung, all in their own different way. Namjoon bowed normally, Jimin was over-enthusiastic, Yujin bowed with a small smile when the headmaster looked her way since he knew who Min Jina was, while Jungkook only bowed a little with diverted eyes.

 

Once Yujin closed the door outside, Jimin stretched his arms over his head with a wide smile, his eyes disappearing into slits.

 

"YES!! I'm completely Team-Headmaster-Jung!!" he exclaimed.

 

Namjoon laughed and scrunched his face up. "Who was it that didn't agree to this suggestion at first?"

 

Jimin pouted at him. "Ahh stop it."

 

"No one was teasing you, no need to whine." Jungkook noted and rolled his eyes.

 

"Yah, you idiot!" Jimin exclaimed.

 

"That's the damned shortie's nickname for me. Not yours." Jungkook said. "-actually, correction. It's Yujin's nickname for m-!!"

 

Yujin slammed the back of her hand against Jungkook's stomach without controlling her strength to shut him up and he flinched backwards with his hands around it.

 

"Since when do you get to call my name?" Yujin side eyed him.

 

"Oh aren't we friends? Hm, new friend?" Jungkook said in Yujin's style of talking.

 

"Okay, I can't handle this any more." Yujin said and grabbed Jungkook's collar and put him to face Namjoon and Jimin. "-stop trying to piss them off and act so high and mighty when you clearly know that you want them to be your friends properly again."

 

Jungkook's mood dampened when he figured out the direction Yujin was heading with her words and he shrugged her hand off him but she grabbed his collar again.

 

"-it's clear now that Taehyung picked a fight with them because they were talking bad about you-"

 

"-ON PURPOSE!" Jungkook yelled. "-you already know they were PAID to do that! You want me to say it in front of them?"

 

Namjoon blinked his eyes. "Whoa, wait. 'Paid'??"

 

"What does he mean by paid?!" Jimin demanded from Yujin.

 

"Say it." Yujin tighten her fists and told Jungkook. "-there's nothing wrong with letting them know."

 

Jungkook frowned at her and both Namjoon and Jimin stood at the side, silently observing their staring competition.

 

"-Jeon Jungkook. Own it. I dare you." Yujin said. "-tell them, who was behind Taehyung's bully case."

 

When Jungkook remained silent, looking away, Yujin shook him. "-SAY IT!"

 

He moved his hands between both her hands and ripped them off his collar.

 

"Jungkook-ah, what's going on?" Jimin asked in a calmer tone of voice.

 

Jungkook kept his glare on Yujin. She stared back.

 

"They were paid by who?" Yujin urged.

 

Jungkook breathed out and it sounded like a low growl.

 

"Jeon-"

 

"..my father." he muttered.

 

"What was that?" Jimin asked.

 

"My father!" Jungkook said it loud and clear. "-he paid those bastards to beat Taehyung up, I have no idea why exactly, but I'm pretty sure he wants me to re-evaluate my friends!"

 

Yujin stepped back. Namjoon and Jimin were frowning slightly.

 

"That's your father's fault." Namjoon said. "-why are you  getting angry and pushing us away?"

 

Jungkook's fury dissipated and he glanced at the boy.

 

"-I mean, yeah, I don't know your father but from the gala and from what you just said, I'm guessing he's pretty much an assh*le, but what has that got to do with you being our friend?"

 

Jungkook turned away. "My own father caused my friends to get hurt. I need to stay away in order for you guys to stay safe."

 

"Oh my gosh, I'm gonna go crazy. This kid is crazy." Jimin exclaimed. "-how old are we? I'm sure we can take care of ourselves and we're old enough to make our own decisions! We decided to throw ourselves in to be your friend, so if we get hurt, it's NOT your fault!!"

 

"Yeah, besides, I'm sure Kim Taehyung thinks the same way." Namjoon laughed. "-or he won't just let those kids off with trash talking you. It's all his own decision and if he'd regret it, he won't be asking for you ALL THE TIME in the hospital."

 

"It's getting annoying too." Jimin agreed.

 

Yujin had slipped away while they were talking to him. The usually observant Jungkook didn't notice. He was too clogged up in his mind to bother about anything else at that moment.

 

Namjoon broke out into a smile and patted Jungkook's shoulder.

 

"How about this? Let's have a one week free trial."

 

Jungkook raised a brow.

 

"-be our friend again like before. No restraints, no pushing away, like old times. If you think you can't handle it, and if you REALLY think you shouldn't hang around us any more, the fine. We won't stop you." he explained. "-how's that?"

 

Jungkook gave it a long thought. Jimin put a hand out to shake, so did Namjoon.

 

"Well?" Jimin asked. "-one week, and you get to revive your 'Royal Moodiness' title-"

 

Namjoon covered his mouth by force. “No one needs to bring that up now.”

 

The youngest boy breathed out. "One week." he said while looking at Jimin but he shook Namjoon's hand on purpose.

 

Jimin steadied his breath. "Dammit I've got to put up with this brat again." he joked.

 

***

 

Of course, spending so much time talking outside the principal's office even though the bell rang made all four of them late for class. Jungkook and Yujin escaped unscathed since it was their blur old teacher's class, but Namjoon and Jimin got crosses in their disciplinary records again.

 

Suga lifted his head shortly as Namjoon walked his way to his seat, asking how the discussion with the principal went. Namjoon stuck out his thumb at his side with a nod.

 

Hoseok saw the thumbs up and breathed out a sigh of relief.

 

 

 

Later that day when classes were over, Namjoon and Jimin rushed out of the room. Suga and Hoseok exchanged confused glances and hurriedly followed them out. They ended up in front of class 1-4.

 

Yujin got up from her seat and stretched. Jungkook was packing really quickly and she raised her brows, staring at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter