057. Peace? No. Symptoms.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As promised, none of the JYP students bothered any of the BH students for the next few weeks. Schooling days went back to normal. After the short election, which was open to EVERYONE but only a few BH students bothered voting because they had no idea who to choose, Yongguk was selected to be the next student council president, being promoted from vice to president. Since both him and Zelo had been vice presidents, there was no need for Yongguk's place to be filled in as everyone agreed that having only one vice president for the rest of the school year shouldn't be a problem.

 

Many of the BH students were happy that for once, life in school wasn't all that bad. The environment was good, the school facilities were top class, and having a protector like Kang Yujin with the addition of the four idiots delinquents and three other top students from JYP? What could get any better?

 

Yujin eventually got bored because there were no fights to interfere with, but she kept herself busy trolling the four idiots and disturbing Hoseok in his shop (which he was totally fine with it because it got boring managing a shop alone).

 

She seldom met Daehyun and half of his gang because they had different break times, but when they did meet, it was always along the hallways. Daehyun seemingly became a little more civilised after the whole deal. He never spouted sarcastically harsh words to Yujin neither did he attempt to create trouble. Either he felt the consequences of being a loser mortifying and shameful, or he finally decided to be a good person to not cause trouble.

 

The rest of his friends didn't seem too interested to cause trouble any more. What actually happened was that all of them were called to the principal's office and were all given a harsh lecture by the principal himself for acting like preschoolers when they were supposed to be part of the student council.

 

They were given a firm warning not to fool around any more or they would be stripped off their titles.

 

Coming from well to do families, face and pride were the most important thing. That included having sons to boast about during family meeting, functions and business gatherings. If the boys were to lose their student council titles, they would no doubt get into trouble with their parents.

 

Hence, the hold back.

 

Daehyun didn't need to be double warned. His father IS the principal.

 

 

On the other hand, Jungkook stopped replying to Yujin's attempts to communicate using her spare phone as BHAngel, also known as Minyu to him. She really couldn't believe how petty he was, but did understand it a little. Just a little.

 

I mean, I did ditch him long time ago, but is there a need to get hurt over it so badly??

 

 

 

The bell rang and Yujin looked up from staring blankly at her textbook.

 

Oh school's over.

 

She glanced at Jungkook who was zipping up his bag, ready to leave.

 

"Yah where are you going??" She stopped him.

 

Jungkook raised a brow. "Back."

 

Taehyung came over after packing his bag, wondering what was up because Yujin seldom initiated a normal 'where are you going' conversation with Jungkook.

 

"Let's go together." Yujin said without thinking twice.

 

Both Jungkook and Taehyung almost dropped open their jaw.

 

"Huh?" Jungkook blurted.

 

"Why? We're going the same way." She swung her bag over her shoulder. "-I'm going to my locker first."

 

Jungkook watched her walk out of the class in confusion over he sudden suggestion.

 

What makes you think I'll go back with you..?

 

Before Yujin completely disappeared from the doorway, she stopped and turned back. "I'm stopping by Hoseok's shop for bubble tea too."

 

Taehyung looked at Yujin then at Jungkook after she left. "Yah, what was that?"

 

"Who knows.." Jungkook said and walked out. Taehyung caught up with him but when the both of them glanced down the hallways, Yujin wasn't there any more.

 

"You're gonna go with him?" Taehyung asked.

 

Jungkook didn't reply. He honestly didn't know if he should. The thought of bubble tea popped up in his mind and he suddenly had a craving for it.

 

Damned shortie.

 

"Yah, you're going?" Taehyung asked Jungkook when the latter walked out of class. Jungkook didn't reply so the boy followed him while taking his phone out to send a text. "-I'm coming too!"

 

***

 

"Annyeonghaseyo."

 

"'Sup." Yujin greeted Byunchan and the latter smiled at her greeting.

 

"The usual?" he asked and she nodded. "-got it."

 

Yujin barely sat down when the door to the back flung open. "DUDE!!" Hoseok exclaimed with arms opened wide with excitement.

 

Yujin shot an accusing look towards Byunchan but he raised his hands in surrender, saying it wasn't him. She sighed and sat down. Hoseok invited himself to join her at the table.

 

"You're here again." he stated.

 

"Mm."

 

"Any drama gonna happen today?"

 

"Who knows?"

 

"Can I guess?"

 

Yujin glanced at him. "If you go on, I'm gonna beat you up."

 

All Hoseok did was laugh. "You know, if you said that sentence the first few days you moved to JYP, I would have believe you'd really do it mercilessly. Right now?" He shook his head with a laugh. "-I don't feel threatened at all."

 

He was right. Somewhere along the line Yujin lost a lot of her seriousness and killer aura. She had more blank looks than scary ones now. Even regular BH students were greeting her wherever she went, something unusual if it were back in BH.

 

Just for fun though, Yujin decided to bring back the 'Kang Yujin' from BH.

 

She slammed her table and in a flash, lunged forward and grabbed Hoseok's collar tightly.

 

Ah, the collar grabbing reappears. she thought.

 

Hoseok froze in shock at her abrupt move. His blood ran cold when he saw the resurfacing of the deadly look in Yujin's eyes. She stared right at him and he made no attempts to even breathe.

 

Some of the customers in the shop (who were mostly JYP students, if not, regular customers) were looking over. Some were surprised since Yujin seemed to have already accepted Hoseok as a friend. Some got scared and chose to look away. Some watched closely, eager to see what would happen next and there was someone who sent out a text on his phone.

 

 

What happened next was the sound of the bell ringing as the door opened.

 

Byunchan greeted the newcomers to the scene. They were more than stunned to see Yujin grabbing Hoseok's collar in a way as if she was about to punch him.

 

"Yah, damned shortie!! What are you doing??!!"

 

Yujin turned her head at the familiar voice and saw a panicked Taehyung along with Jungkook who was scanning the menu, not interested in the show she was putting up.

 

When Yujin didn't reply him, Taehyung went over hurriedly and detached her palm from Hoseok's collar. Her fake outburst must have petrified the older boy because he was nonplussed.

 

"What did you do? Hyung's scared now!" Taehyung told Yujin in a very chiding tone as he tried comforting Hoseok with an arm around his shoulder.

 

Yujin glanced at him in a very nonchalant way and put her hands in her pockets. She spared Hoseok a look. "I wasn't serious." she told him.

 

Without waiting another second, she took her bubble tea and walked towards the exit. She passed by Jungkook and stopped.

 

"-do you want me to wait?" she asked.

 

"I'm not here to walk home with you." he replied.

 

"Fine by me." she shrugged.

 

Yujin was about to leave when the door opened and four more boys filed into the shop.

 

"Oh! Jina!" Jin exclaimed and panicked in his mind for a second for calling her that, then reminding himself that he did explain to the other guys about it being 'Jin-ah' instead.

 

"You're here too?" Suga asked. "-don't go back then. Hang out with everyone."

 

"No thanks." Yujin tried to leave again but Suga swung his hand round her shoulder and dragged her along to the counter.

 

"Bull. You're staying." he laughed and clung onto her as he placed his order with Yujin constantly slapping his hand.

 

Jimin was staring at them again and he was certain that the flips in his stomach were occurring more often these days.

 

I should see the doctor in school tomorrow.

 

"What's wrong with Hoseok-ah?" Jin asked as they all settled down. Suga was still clutching onto Yujin's neck in case she ran.

 

Hoseok shook his head quietly.

 

"Yah," Yujin said. "-I wasn't serious."

 

"What did you do this time?" Suga asked her.

 

"He was grabbing onto hyung's collar when we came." Taehyung reported and Yujin shot him a glare that shut him up. She flinched when Suga covered a clumsy hand over her face.

 

"What happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter