072. Caught.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the rest of the day, Jimin chose to skip classes with a letter from the clinic saying that he had stomach ache. Namjoon had told him to be thick-faced and go to class because "there's nothing you need to be embarrassed about", but Jimin opted out of the plan. He couldn't handle it.

 

Yujin on the other hand walked right into the class after break like nothing happened at all. Of course, since she didn't really know what kind of defences she should take along with her usual blur character, she added on a little bit of overconfident actor-Tae and nothing-is-going-on-around-me-Jungkook.

 

Their classmates were staring, no doubt, but they weren't taunting.

 

Haemi looked at her worriedly as she entered the class. She wanted to open to ask if Yujin was okay, but Yujin walked right pass her.

 

Jungkook came in shortly after Yujin but exchanged neither words nor eye contact with anyone. He got right to his seat and planted his face into his arms on his desk.

 

The day went by with minimal contact between the lunch-table-mates.

 

Suga and Yujin met each other on the way to the hospital.

 

"Oh." Suga said when he saw Yujin ahead of himself.

 

His voice reached her ears and she turned around expecting to see Suga. Her brows arched upwards when she recognised him. "What're you doing here?"

 

"Am I not allowed to see a friend?"

 

"Are we going to see the same friend?" Yujin smirked with a high class accent.

 

"It would seem so." Suga smirked back with the same tone of voice.

 

"Then shall we head off together?"

 

Suga threw his head back with a short laugh. He shook his head and swung an arm over her shoulders. They went to the hospital and headed straight to his ward.

 

Knocking softly, Suga opened the door and Yujin followed in behind. The boy stopped abruptly and she smashed into his back. Yujin let out a grunt and stepped aside, frowning at Suga but a rattling sound caught her attention.

 

Jimin stumbled over his chair as he stood up when he saw Yujin.

 

"Yah- wai-"

 

Yujin didn't get to say what she wanted before Jimin pushed them both aside and dashed out of the room.

 

"-tsk."

 

Taehyung was awake and much more alive than he was the night before. Seeing Jimin's reaction, he looked at the newcomers in confusion.

 

"What.. What just happened?" he asked. He was wide awake but his voice was still weakly soft.

 

Yujin let out a heavy breath, staring at the door that had been left ajar.

 

"I should-"

 

Suga placed a hand on Yujin's shoulder and shook his head. "Let him be alone."

 

"Guys, tell me what's going on?" Taehyung asked.

 

Yujin went to sit on the chair Jimin had been in – the only chair in the room – and Suga went next to Taehyung's bed. He breathed in and out and rested his hand on the side rest.

 

Suga tilted his head to one side with an amused smile.

 

"Well," he paused, trying to look for the right words. "-let's just say that Jimin's little crush went all over the school and now he's embarrassed in front of Yujin."

 

Taehyung stared for a while before he started laughing, ending up coughing because he wasn't strong enough to be laughing so hardly yet.

 

"What.. In the world.." he chuckled. "-we already knew that. What kind of boy is he. Embarrassed because the whole school knows now."

 

"When you're put in that situation, you'd run too." Yujin snapped. "-don't pretend. You almost dropped out of school in the beginning."

 

"I have a feeling I don't wanna know but this new piece of information." Suga laughed. "-but where are all the chairs in the room?? I'll go and get some."

 

That left both of them in the room.

 

"Yah, how's Jeon Jungkook?" Taehyung asked Yujin.

 

"Stubborn as heck."

 

Taehyung smirked. "As usual."

 

Yujin breathed out heavily again. "Kim Taehyung, what actually happened?"

 

The boy silently stared at the ceiling. Yujin called his name one more time and he closed his eyes.

 

"Jeon Jungkook," he said slowly. "-is that person really not gonna be our friend any more?"

 

Yujin mindlessly twirled the fabric of her uniform that wasn't tuck in. She shrugged and looked up to see Taehyung not looking in her direction. "We won't know." she said.

 

Taehyung sighed and leaned his head further back onto the pillow that propped him up. "Why is it that even though I know him so long, I barely know anything about him." he mumbled with his eyes closed again. "-even though I've known him the longest. He could just leave like that. I don't even know he's from a rich background, I barely talk to him-"

 

"For someone who's just been beaten till almost death, you're talking way too much." Yujin cut him off.

 

Taehyung frowned at her – he tried to. He was about to go off at her, engaging in a quarrel that he knew very well he would lose, but stopped when he remembered that she was the one who saved him. He couldn't possibly start quarrelling with the person who saved his life-

 

"-what now? Becoming a second Park Jimin? Don't. I have my plate full already."

 

-even if the person was annoying to the core of the Earth and back.

 

"-don't worry about Jeon Jungkook. He'll eventually stop being like that." Yujin said.

 

"How sure are you?" Taehyung asked.

 

Their conversation was cut short when the door burst open and Hoseok announced his (very) loud entrance with the clanging of chairs and loud footsteps. Yujin resigned herself further back into her chair and Taehyung was slightly disappointed that their conversation ended so abruptly but he soon forgot about that when the room grew noisier and he had to take in everything that was happening.

 

Seokjin was trying not to let Hoseok get too loud but he dropped a chair by accident. That made Hoseok laugh even louder. Yoongi went to help Seokjin but he himself was laughing as well while trying to check on Taehyung.

 

Amidst the noise, Yujin slipped out of the room.

 

She shut the door quickly and quietly in case any nurses passed by and gave them a warning. Putting her hands into her pockets, she mindlessly strolled down the hallway.

 

Yujin saw Jimin sitting down on the row of chairs with his face in his hands. Despite Suga's reminder to leave him alone kept running through her head, she decided to take matters into her own hands.

 

Jimin felt someone sitting next to him and turned. When he saw Yujin, he almost got up.

 

"How long more are you gonna avoid and run away?" Yujin asked before he managed to get out of his seat.

 

"Then don't talk to me!" Jimin exclaimed. "-it's already difficult enough to walk down the hallways ignoring everyone, I don't need you to approach me too!!"

 

Yujin resorted to her last approach. She grabbed his shirt and dragged him out of his seat, glaring at him.

 

"Look here, don't forget who the heck I am. I have no idea what kind of fantasy you have, but keep it to yourself. I won't play along with you. If you cross the line I won't spare you." she seethed. She didn't mean any of it but she tried to sound like she meant it.

 

A normal Jimin would have started a fight when he was threatened like that, but the Jimin now was rendered useless in his current state. He tried to push Yujin away and because she tightened her grip, he had to tear her hand away from his uniform.

 

"Just leave me alone!" he demanded and walked away.

 

Yujin sighed and clicked her tongue. She sent a text telling Suga that she'd be heading home first.

 

 

Back in their house, Jungkook flipped his phone up and watched it fall onto the mattress and bounced a few times. He propped his head up using one hand while laying sideways. It was close to 7pm but the house was still empty. He was gonna get hungry soon but no one seemed to be coming home soon.

 

Should I call? Or should I just wait? Or should I just go out on my own?

 

But if I go out and they come back Suga hyung will..

 

Arghhhh where are they??!!

 

 

His phone beeped and he brought it up in a flash.

 

YUJIN: We're all in the hospital. Until when will you keep this up?

 

Jungkook groaned and rested his head on his bed with a hand over his eyes.

 

YUJIN: Knock some sense into Park Jimin too, on the way, if you do come.

 

 

Why should I do that?

 

 

Jungkook recalled the banner hung in the cafeteria. He contemplated sneaking in the middle of the night to tear it down. However, he remembered that he wasn't in BH High any more and sneaking in wasn't something easy with security and CCTVs everywhere.

 

I'll just go earlier tomorrow.

 

His stomach gave out a timely growl and he forgot about his plan as quickly as it came.

 

Jungkook got out of bed and grabbed his wallet and tucked his phone into the back pocket of his shorts. He walked down the stairs, unconsciously running his fingers across the scar on his forehead from the time he got beat up and later saved by Yujin. Stopping at the door to get his shoes out of the rack, he glanced at the key rack.

 

I should take a set. One's for me anyway..

 

He hooked his finger through the key ring and got ready to open the door.

 

Once he did, he shouted and jolted back.

 

 

Yujin flinched when the door opened before she touched the handle and when Jungkook yelled.

 

"What the heck?" she exclaimed.

 

"WHAT THE HECK YOU!" Jungkook unexpectedly raised his voice.

 

Yujin made a displeased face. "You shouted in my face!"

 

"You're not supposed to be here!!" Jungkook countered. "-what if I fell down again like last time?!"

 

Both teens were too shocked to notice that Jungkook was actually replying and coun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter