062. Complications and Surprises.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin took a bath and was helped into her dress. It was a long, cream coloured dress with two straps and the skirt flowed down smoothly.

 

The hairstylists sat her down and instead of a wig, they clipped in hair extensions and styled her hair to one side with waves.

 

The make-up artist did enough to mask her identity as Kang Yujin but it looked good on her.

 

Suga was done quicker than her and he knocked on her door before coming in.

 

"Yeah?" Yujin called out from where she sat when she heard the knock.

 

"Jina you done-"

 

Suga didn't continue when Yujin was helped up to stand.

 

She looked really, really beautiful.

 

"You should say something before it gets awkward with your staring.." Yujin said with a slight frown.

 

The make up artists and hairstylists chuckled at Suga's frozen state as they packed up. "We did a good job after all." they said before they excused themselves from her room.

 

"Bro.. This isn't Kang Yujin any more.." Suga muttered. "-. Min Jina you look too good!! They did too good a job!! Now everyone's gonna try to hit on you!!" he complained.

 

Yujin laughed and sat on her bed, more ladylike this time. "Say for yourself."

 

Suga donned a stylish grey suit with black linings and a pair of fitting black pants and a black tie to match. His maroon hair was now black and neatly straight, unlike his usual slightly curled hairstyle. He looked drop-dead handsome.

 

"We're the killer siblings." Suga joked. "-imagine the blow we'll cause to the fragile hearts of the others coming."

 

"What nonsense are you talking now?"

 

"Didn't you say there were many girls trying to impress me?" Suga asked and pulled her up to her feet gently. "-look at you, you'll be the most stunning one at the gala."

 

"I'm not here to make anyone jealous." Yujin stated.

 

"But you can put them in place." Suga stuck his tongue out to the side. "-I'm sure you can always put them in their place without saying anything."

 

Yujin shrugged and checked the time. "One more hour to go. I'm sure a lot of people are already here."

 

The door opened and Jiyoong poked her head in. "You kids ready- oh my goodness Jina dear you look gorgeous!!"

 

Suga smirked at Yujin when the girl frowned. "Mum don't compliment her, she'll die of embarrassment."

 

Jiyoong rolled her eyes. "Well Yoongi dear, you need to be down in five minutes so get ready okay? Jina you can take your time but be down in half an hour's time."

 

"Understood." Yujin and Suga chimed.

 

Jiyoong nodded and closed the door.

 

Yujin fumbled with the straps on her high heels. Suga laughed and sat her down on her chair. Yujin had to make sure she didn't step on the hem of her skirt.

 

"What are you doing?" Yujin asked.

 

"Sit down, I'll do it. You're a princess for a day." Suga said and took her high heels.

 

He slipped her feet into the heels and helped her strap them in place. "-ohhh no. You're gonna be taller than me with these heels.."

 

Yujin laughed. "Way to go ruining the mood, nerd."

 

"What mood? The 'o.m.g. Suga oppa you're so cool!' mood?" Suga smirked.

 

"I'll kill you." Yujin smirked back.

 

After helping her up and letting her get used to walking with heels around the room, Suga left to head out to the West Wing.

 

"Ask one of the maids to inform me when you come. I'll be your for the day." Suga said before he left.

 

 

Yujin had the liberty to walk around their mansion, away from the West Wing as she got used to walking in heels and wearing her long dress. She was told that both Junho and Jiyoong were already in the West Wing welcoming guests.

 

As she passed by the hallway leading to the main entrance, she overheard a few butlers talking.

 

"What? How did they even get in?"

 

"But they have invites."

 

"The dress code though, and it seems like they have no idea what is going on."

 

"They look like they're from low class families how dare they-"

 

The worker stopped when he saw Yujin. Her expression wasn't good.

 

"Do NOT insult people's family backgrounds." she told him.

 

He bowed in apology. "I'm sorry. I will watch my words from now on.."

 

Yujin came over. "What's going on?"

 

"Three boys around Young Miss' age came with invites, but they don't look like they know what those invites are." the other worker explained. "-and.. They came dressed in.. jeans and t-shirts."

 

Yujin raised a brow. "Where are they now?"

 

"Being held by security in the Main Wing."

 

"Alright. Not a word about this any more." Yujin ordered and they bowed.

 

She walked towards the Main Wing and went up the first floor. She saw three figures standing around in the entrance of the living hall below, looking lost, while being surrounded by security personnels.

 

She was walking along the stairway on the first floor and when she reached a certain angle, she halted.

 

One of the boys' faces became clear to her.

 

Kim Taehyung?! What is he doing here??

 

The other two boys were Namjoon and Jimin.

 

"Look, I swear, we got these invites from someone alright? We have no idea it was going to be like this so just let us go." Namjoon calmly said. "-we'll leave."

 

How did they get invites-

 

Wait a minute..

 

The memory of Hoseok asking for extra invitations popped into her mind.

 

Jung Daehyun, you..

 

"Who gave these invites to you?" the head security asked.

 

"That.." Jimin frowned as he tried remembering a name.

 

"Zelo!" Taehyung said. "-that guy Zelo! Right? That bastard Daehyun's silent friend!"

 

Yujin's expression went bad.

 

Zelo. Choi Junhong wasn't it?

 

She saw a butler nearby and went to him.

 

"Give Designer Cho a call, tell him to come over with suits that fit students Kim Namjoon, Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung." Yujin ordered. "-tell him he has half an hour to do so."

 

"I understand." the butler bowed and hurried off to do as he was told. He rushed because he had never seen Yujin looking that upset before.

 

Yujin called a maid over. "Get those three boys to a room, get my hairstylist to style them and when Designer Cho comes, get him to attend to them. Keep this away from the attention of the gala for now."

 

"Understood." she scurried over to another maid to fetch the hairstylist and went down.

 

Yujin watched from the side of the stairs. The maid spoke to the security personnels. She then led the three lost looking and very much confused boys to the other side of the Wing to a spare room.

 

Yujin went back to her room to get her phone.

 

YUJIN:: Yoongi, Daehyun's friend, Zelo was it? He's a troublemaker. Long story short, he gave the invites to the idiots minus Jungkook. They're here now.

 

Before Yujin put her phone away, it started ringing.

 

"What does that mean??" Suga asked. "-what's going on?!"

 

"I don't know, but Namjoon, Jimin and Taehyung came with invitations." Yujin said. "-how else would they have gotten it?"

 

"Daehyun. That brat-"

 

"No, it's Zelo. Kim Taehyung mentioned Zelo." Yujin said. "-no matter. I got designer Cho over. If that's how they're gonna play, I'll shove it up their faces."

 

"What are you doing?" Suga asked worriedly.

 

"Don't worry. If those immature brats wanna shame those three idiots by inviting them over without telling them about dress code, they'll fail. Because I won't allow anyone to shame those three idiots." Yujin said. “-not on my watch, not in our house, not during our gala.”

 

"Jina, calm down. Don't get angry. When are you gonna come over?"

 

"After I make sure those idiots get into the hall. Do me a favour, stay by their side until I come."

 

"Got it." Suga said and hung up.

 

Jin was with Suga when he called. "What happened?" Jin asked.

 

"Choi Junhong is messing around. He gave invitations to Namjoon, Jimin and Taehyung."

 

"What??" Jin exclaimed. "-what for?"

 

"Jina's theory is that he wants to shame them. It's a logical explanation."

 

Jin panicked. "Where are they now??"

 

"Jina says she's got it under control. We just have to watch out for them when they come."

 

 

 

=flashback=

 

Friday afternoon.

 

Namjoon was walking to the washroom when he was stopped by a JYP boy. Namjoon roughly recognised him as one of Daehyun's friends.

 

"What do you want?" Namjoon asked.

 

The boy held out a card to him in a fairly arrogant manner. "Get here tomorrow. There's something there that might just interest you."

 

Namjoon recognised the name of the gala that has been gossiped about all over the school for the pass few weeks. "Why should I go?"

 

"Something interesting might happen."

 

Before Namjoon got to reject, the boy walked away. When Namjoon went to class, Jimin came up to him. "Hey, I got this from-"

 

Jimin stopped when he saw the same card in Namjoon's hand. "-where did you get that from?"

 

"Probably the same way as you did." Namjoon threw it in his bag.

 

"Will you go?" Jimin asked.

 

"Will you?"

 

Jimin shrugged. "It's rich people's stuff so it doesn't matter to me, but he said something interesting might happen."

 

Right then, Namjoon wasn't too keen about it. Until Taehyung came over after school holding the same card.

 

"Hyung, I just got this from one of Daehyun's friend." he said. "-he wanted to pass it to Jungkook and the damned shortie too but they already left."

 

Now it started getting Namjoon interested.

 

"-so hyung are you going?"

 

Before Namjoon replied, the same boy from before came over. "I assume you guys won't go?"

 

"What's in it for us? Why'd you give these to us?" Namjoon asked him.

 

"Like I said, something might interest you." he shrugged.

 

Taehyung noted his name tag.

 

Choi Junhong.

 

"It'll be your loss if you miss out something important by not going, but if you can, get the other two to go as well." Junhong said. "-oh, and.. Dress decently."

 

After considering the pros and cons, they decided that at least going together wouldn't make things as bad as going alone. What could happen?

 

They tried calling Jungkook but his cellphone was turned off.

 

Jimin wanted to ask Yujin to go as well, but pegging it risky and not wanting 'him' to get involved in case something happened, he told Namjoon not to invite Yujin.

 

"We'll just go without them both."

 

Dressing decently to them meant jeans and t-shirt.

 

That's why, when they arrived at the mansion using a cab, they were very much confused. It grew worse when they saw how the other guests were dressing. What more, they were escorted away by security as soon as they stepped foot into the compound.

 

=flashback end=

 

The three boys didn't know what to do, being in that situation. Everything was overwhelming. The mansion, the fancy dresses and suits they saw, the limos, what they assumed were butlers and maids around the compound..

 

A maid came and spoke to the security guard.

 

They were surprised when the guards left them with the maid.

 

"Thanks, uhh.." Namjoon said. "-we should go now.."

 

"Oh, no," the maid said. "-the Young Miss specifically ordered me to take care of you. Please follow me."

 

'Young Miss'..

 

"Uhh.. I don't think we should-"

 

"Please follow me. It's the Young Miss' orders."

 

Baffled, the three boys could only do as they were told. As they followed her, they gapped at the interior of the mansion. Even though everything was huge, it had a simplicity to it. Nothing was exaggerated and the designs and furnishing weren't elaborate neither intimidating.

 

The maid led them to a huge room. "Please wait here." she said and exited.

 

Three of them stood around awkwardly.

 

"On a scale of one to ten, how screwed are we?" Taehyung asked.

 

"Ninety nine." Jimin replied. "-minus one from hundred because hundred is reserved for the case of us meeting the King dressed like this.. Wait we have no King in Korea.."

 

"You're not making it any better. Damn you." Taehyung frowned.

 

"No, damn that Choi Junhong. It was a trap, and we were dumb enough to come here on our own not knowing anything." Namjoon said.

 

"Do you think Jin hyung, Suga hyung and Hoseok hyung are here?" Taehyung asked. "-maybe they can save us?"

 

None of them got their phones out because the next moment, the door opened and in came a team of hairstylists.

 

"You must be the boys the Young Miss of the household mentioned!" the head stylist said with a smile. "-I know, this is overwhelming, but trust me. Okay? Just sit down and relax and leave the rest to us."

 

"W-what are you doing?" Taehyung asked.

 

"Getting you boys ready for the gala, of course! You have the invitations, now all that's left is to dress up for it!"

 

"But we're not-"

 

"Shush! If you're gonna say you don't fit in the wealthy lifestyle, bull."

 

Three of them kept quiet at her sudden language.

 

"-the Young Miss won't care if you were from wealthy families or not. She told me she smelled a rat."

 

"A rat?" Jimin asked as the stylist in charge of him started styling his hair.

 

"Someone fooled you to come here right?" the head stylist asked. "-they definitely did it to shame you."

 

All three of them fell silent.

 

"-and I'm sorry to say this, but you were dumb enough to come here."

 

Second kill.

 

"-but no worries. The Young Miss seemed quite upset that this happened, that's why we're here to help you on her request."

 

The three

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter