080. The Notice

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin opened his eyes and stared at the unfamiliar ceiling above him. It took him a while before he got his bearing correct. Unwilling to wake up just yet, he turned to his side but the bed looked empty from where he was on the floor.

 

Confused, Jimin sat up, running a hand to push his fringe away from his forehead and groggily looked around the room. When he was more awake, he stood up and opened the room door.

 

Suga had meant to head to the toilet to grab something he left in there. He was still half asleep when he saw Jimin coming out of Jungkook’s room, shirtless.

 

Jimin halted when he saw Suga and waited for a reaction from the older boy. All he got was Suga staring at him for a long while, before turning around and re-entering his room without changing his expression. Jimin raised a brow in confusion.

 

When Suga showed no signs of coming out of his room again, Jimin ran a hand over his face before entering the bathroom just to splash some water over his face to freshen up. Halfway through, the toilet door opened and Jimin spun around in surprise to see Suga at the door with the same blank face again.

 

“Hyu-“

 

Suga closed the door before Jimin could even finish calling him.

 

Now Jimin was very much confused and he quickly finish washing his face and rushed out of the bathroom.

 

 

“WUA- !” Yujin exclaimed when the bathroom door swung open before she touched the handle of the door.

 

Jimin was as equally surprised as her but once he recovered and noticed Yujin’s raised brow, he realised he was still shirtless.

 

It happened in almost in a split second and Yujin almost laughed when she saw Jimin’s face flushed and his ears became as red as his cheeks were.

 

Jungkook reached the top of the stairs and stopped to figure out why Yujin was standing in front of the bathroom but not entering. He bent forward slightly and saw the shirtless boy.

 

“What the-”

 

Hearing that, Yujin turned around. Jungkook was staring at them with a slight hint of disbelief (mainly towards Jimin).

 

“-what in the world are you doing??” he asked incredulously. “-put on a shirt before you get out of the room!”

 

“Stop telling me what to do with my shirt!!” Jimin protested. “-this is what I always do at home!”

 

“You’re not at home right now and they don’t walk around the house half here!” Jungkook gestured towards Yujin and Suga’s room.

 

Yujin breathed out. “Continue bickering. I’m going to take a shower.” Yujin pushed Jimin out of the bathroom and locked the door.

 

“Get out of here before you imagine while standing in front of the bathroom.” Jungkook grumbled and went into his room to change.

 

“Dammit.” Jimin muttered under his breath.

 

***

 

Yujin came out of the shower with her towel draped around her neck. The ends of her hair were still dripping with water onto the piece of cloth. She got down and saw Jimin and Jungkook sitting around the kitchen while eating their breakfast.

 

Jungkook was leaning against the sink, cellphone in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, his long bangs covering half of his eyes as he looked down at the screen.

 

Jimin was sitting at the kitchen island, toast in hand, while he fully focused on his food.

 

Yujin went straight to the refrigerator to get her milk and drank right out of the carton. “‘mornin.” she greeted Jungkook.

 

He didn’t respond verbally, but he nodded slightly and Yujin saw it.

 

Footsteps were heard as Suga descended the stairs. Yujin turned back to see him reach the end of the stairs but when he saw Jimin, he paused before heading straight for the kitchen.

 

Yujin raised a brow and made way for Suga to head to the refrigerator. She frowned when she saw him reaching for the cold water. She seized his hand before he could take it.

 

“What is wrong with you?” Yujin asked. Jungkook looked up at them.

 

“Nothing?” Suga said.

 

Yujin squinted her eyes at him. “You’re acting weird.. after-“ she paused and glanced over at Jimin. “-yah, what did you do to Min Yoongi?”

 

Jimin turned his head towards them. “Huh?”

 

“What did you do to Min Yoongi?” she repeated.

 

“I didn’t do anything..?”

 

Something clicked in Jungkook’s mind. “Hyung, you saw Park Jimin shirtless right?”

 

“NOPE.”

 

When it made sense to Yujin, she burst out laughing. “-pfft-! Yah, you traumatised him.” she told Jimin.

 

“I’m not traumatised!” Suga exclaimed.

 

“You’re completely traumatised!” Yujin laughed and pointed at Suga. “-you saw shirtless-Jimin and now you’re acting all awkward!!”

 

“I told you not to take your shirt off.” Jungkook muttered to Jimin.

 

“Shut it!” Jimin shouted from the dining table.

 

“Weak.” Yujin smirked at Suga and the latter frowned at her. “-what?” she asked. “-it’s just a shirtless kid, even I-”

 

“Don’t say ‘kid’ when you didn’t see what-”

 

“What? Abs?” Yujin cut him off. “-yeah, I saw it. So?”

 

Suga’s unfinished sentence was left hanging in the air and he eventually closed his mouth and breathed out. “Leave me alone, dammit.”

 

“Does hyung have some sort of…. with abs..?” Jungkook asked aloud. Suga widened his eyes and almost choked on nothing.

 

“NO I DON’T!”

 

“Then why are you acting all weird just because you saw Park Jimin shirtless?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Just because I’m a guy doesn’t mean I definitely have to be comfortable seeing another guy’s bare chest alright?!?!” Suga exclaimed and stormed his way back up to his room.

 

Jungkook watched the older boy thoughtfully.

 

“Dammit, are you done?!”

 

“Freaking.. Can’t you say you were changing when I knocked?!”

 

“I’m just not comfortable seeing some else’s okay?!”

 

He smirked to himself.

 

They’re so alike, they could well be siblings.

 

“Park Jimin, eat up and get your back home. I’m not lending my uniform to you.” Yujin said.

 

“N-No one said anything about borrowing your clothes!” Jimin countered.

 

Jimin finished his breakfast and excused himself back home while the other three got ready for school at their own pace. With a little teasing by Yujin, Suga made it out to school before he was any later than the usual time he gets there.

 

The house was fairly quiet with Jungkook and Yujin both minding their own business, not feeling particularly chatty that morning.

 

Yujin left before Jungkook did and the latter made his way to classes when he felt like it.

 

***

 

Taehyung was fiddling with his fork when the door opened. He craned his neck until he saw Yujin coming into the room.

 

“Why’re you here again?” he asked with no ill intent.

 

“If I didn’t, would you finish your food while it’s still hot?” she asked as she placed her bag against the bed on the floor. “-now shut it and eat.”

 

“Are you coming here every morning on purpose just to embarrass me by feeding me??” he asked incredulously.

 

Yujin thought about it and smirked. “Let’s go with that.” she said and picked up the spoon.

 

“Dammit.” Taehyung muttered and opened his mouth.

 

The atmosphere wasn’t as heavy as it was the previous morning and Yujin was back at it again, almost-force-feeding the boy, much to his protest, but he couldn’t really do anything with just one left hand.

 

He was done in 15 minutes and right after Yujin put the tray away, she took her bag and left the room without saying anything, as though she never came in the first place.

 

Taehyung slumped in bed. “-tsk. Act cool..”

 

***

 

Yujin walked into the classroom with a blank expression and got to her seat, bumping her bag against Jungkook’s head when she walked pass his desk. He glared at her but didn’t do anything.

 

“I wonder what’s gonna happen today.” she stated without glancing his way.

 

“What’s gonna happen today?” Jungkook asked without any particular interest.

 

She shrugged. “The apology. I wonder how the headmaster’s gonna go about informing those bastards.”

 

Jungkook’s lips curved up slightly as he smirked, thinking about the headmaster and the conversation they had in his office. Jungkook was never fond of any of the adults in the world he lived in, but he realised that Hoseok’s father was different. If anything, he was sure the man would keep his word, even though he had no idea where that confidence came from.

 

“It’ll be one heck of a show when the apology actually happens.” Yujin said and rested against the backrest of the chair.

 

The first half of the day went by smoothly. Yujin vaguely paid attention in class. Jungkook didn’t bother. He slept through all the classes.

 

When break time came, Yujin was about to get up from her desk to get food from the cafeteria, but she stopped when she noticed Park Haemi fidgeting in her seat. The girl in front of the class was hesitating over something. Yujin raised a brow. Haemi looked back a few times before standing up from her seat.

 

Yujin took her hand off her bag on the desk and leaned back.

 

Haemi walked towards the back of the class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter