066. Short-Lived Peace.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(A/N) Happy very-Belated Birthday to JaylaRay!!!!

I missed her birthday and I think I missed someone else's too in late July sorryyyyyyy TTTT

 

"I really don't feel like going to school today.." Suga sighed at breakfast.

 

Jungkook glanced at him with a questioning look but the ever not observant boy didn't notice. The cuts he got the last night had healed a little and he was okay with walking slowly. It was just his hip giving him small pricks some times.

 

"Why?" Yujin asked Suga, pretending it wasn't to satisfy Jungkook's curiosity.

 

Suga frowned and sighed again. "Now that everyone knows who the heir of Min's Hotel is, people are gonna up to me trying to get into my good books.."

 

"-pfft. Who wants to be your friend?" Yujin joked.

 

"Everyone now!" Suga complained. "-did you log in to the JYP website yesterday? They announced it like it was national news!"

 

"No, Hoseok was logged in the whole time I didn't get to log in." Yujin said. "-now everyone knows that the nerdy rich kid that plays basketball is a big shot. So?"

 

"..urgh.. You don't get it do you?" Suga complained.

 

"What happens to your sister?" Jungkook suddenly asked and Yujin temporarily stopped.

 

Was Jungkook worried about Jina even after getting angry that night?

 

Suga refused to look Yujin's way in case anything. "My sister.. she'll be fine.. I think." he slowly said. "-not many people know who she is in school anyway."

 

"People are going to try finding out now." Jungkook reasoned. "-it's going to be easier isn't it? I think they're sure that she attends JYP now."

 

"She'll be fine." Yujin replied without looking at the two boys and finished up her cereal.

 

"Yeah, don't worry. They can't search the school's databases since it's strictly off limits. The only thing curious people can do is to stalk every single student on school grounds by sight." Suga explained.

 

"I'm not worried for her." Jungkook said. "-no offense." He added to Suga.

 

"None taken." Suga said as Yujin stood up to put away her bowl.

 

She came back to the table and sat down. "Won't you be in a little bit of spotlight too?" she asked Jungkook. "-technically, you came with your family."

 

Jungkook raised a brow. "How did you know I was there?"

 

"We talked." Suga replied as naturally as he could with a palm raised up slightly.

 

"-no one's gonna bother about me." Jungkook dropped the question, much to Suga's relief.

 

"Why not?" Yujin asked.

 

"Is it your business now?" Jungkook asked.

 

"Yeah, because I finally understood what you said before." Yujin said, causing Jungkook to listen on in curiosity. "-you asked if we ever thought about the reason why you never wanted to score well. I get it now."

 

"You may be friends with Suga hyung for a long while, but you aren't a part of the world we live in." Jungkook said, his expressions darkening. "-you won't understand."

 

Yujin scoffed. "Try me, Jeon Jungkook. You enrolled into Big Hit against your parents' will, adamantly not studying for any of your tests because you refuse to be the kind of son they want you to be for whatever reasons. You refuse to go home because you're sick of their superficial expectations and you ended up here. You always close yourself up because you think no one understands your situation fully, not even those you call your friends in school because, true, they live in a different world from you. So what? We still breathe the same air. Everyone has their own troubles. Just so happen that your troubles are slightly more confusing, it doesn't mean that no one else can understand what you're going through."

 

Yujin's sudden length of speech caused the two boys not to have a reply. Suga didn't know what to make up of Jungkook's blank expression and Jungkook himself didn't know what to feel about what she said.

 

Not getting a response from him, Yujin sighed. "-what I'm saying is, you're not alone. You have friends. Rely on them a little won't you? They were there at the gala, they know now, a little bit of the world you live in, I don't think they're narrow-minded enough to stop being friends with you."

 

"What friends." Jungkook said. "-they don't even know where I come from until two days ago."

 

"And has that stopped them from going through together with you?" Yujin countered. "-has that stopped them from trying to beat the crap out of me everyday together with you?"

 

Suga had to remind himself that Yujin and Jungkook, along with the other three were used to fighting. It still amazes him how they could be somewhat friendly now.

 

Jungkook didn't reply her and got up to put away his plate. Without another word, he left the house with his bag.

 

"Is it okay to leave him like that?" Suga asked.

 

"Leave him. I have no idea." Yujin said. "-you should go. Your nerd self is supposed to leave in five minutes time." She smirked.

 

Suga made a face at her and ruffled her hair. "I'll be going then!"

 

 

Jungkook didn't head to school. He went to the playground to clear his head. Sure back then Namjoon assured him that making friends was easy and that Jin, Suga and Hoseok were their friends already.

 

Now that his longer friends knew where he came from, he was a little worried that they wouldn't want to hang around him any more.

 

His phone buzzed in his pockets and he took it out to see a message from Yujin.

 

YUJIN: idiot, they're friends with you okay? Why're you being as stupid as Jung Hoseok when he refused to let us know that he was the headmaster's son?? You've seen the other idiots accepted him as a friend as well right? They why are you still being so stupid? You know them long enough. They're not gonna stop befriending you over such a trivial matter. It's not like you're Choi Junhong.

 

 

Jungkook looked around him. It slightly freaked him out that Yujin could tell what he was thinking. He stopped when he saw a figure leaning against a tree not far off.

 

It was Yujin.

 

She was staring at him. When she was certain he saw her, she pushed herself off the tree and walked away towards the bus stop nearby.

 

His phone buzzed another time and he looked down.

 

YUJIN: go to school. Don't make things awkward between everyone.

 

Both of them ended up taking the same bus, with Yujin settling herself down followed by Jungkook entering the bus just before the door closed.

 

There was only one seat left in the bus next to Yujin. She didn't notice him coming in and was staring out of the window. He contemplated to take that seat but then screwed the idea and leaned on a pole in front.

 

When they were about to arrive at their stop, Yujin stood up and Jungkook saw that so he got ready to get down the bus as well. She got a shock seeing him there and stumbled back a bit. No dramatic falls.

 

For reasons unknown, Jungkook's hip shot him a sharp pain that caused a distortion in his facial expression that couldn't be masked. He knew he won't be able to walk without help so he sank into the chair next to him when the man stood up.

 

Yujin raised an eyebrow at his actions. "Yah, this is our stop."

 

Jungkook ignored her and closed his eyes, folded his arms and made himself comfortable in the seat. The bus stopped and the doors opened.

 

Yujin scanned her card and grabbed Jungkook out of the seat, slamming his blazer against the scanner because that's where he kept his wallet.

 

She dragged him off the bus and in the confusion of matters mixed with the pain in his hip due to the abrupt movements, Jungkook ended up swinging his arm over her shoulder and leaned on her once they were out of the bus before he fell.

 

"Damn shortie- gah- what the heck are you doing?!" he growled and pushed her away.

 

"-pfft. You swung your arm over me, why'd you push me away?!" Yujin retorted.

 

"Get lost." he said and sat down at the bus stop. Yujin caught him massaging his hip.

 

"Is there a bruise?" she asked.

 

"Mind your own business." he said.

 

Yujin caught a hold of his arm, this time not pulling him up. "Go to school. I'll walk with you slowly."

 

Jungkook swung his arm away. "I don't need your help."

 

"Oh please," Yujin rolled her eyes and pulled him up. "-save us both the time won't you?"

 

Since he was already standing, Jungkook decided to just walk. He still pushed her away and walked at his own pace. Yujin shook her head and walked behind him.

 

What should have been less than 5 minute's walk became 15 minutes and it felt like forever. Yujin badly wanted to push him on the floor and roll him all the way to school. She bit back the idea.

 

"Think you can handle the way to class on your own?" Yujin asked.

 

Without waiting for his reply, since he was used to not giving a reply, Yujin walked ahead. She stumbled backwards when a firm grip landed on her bag and pulled her back.

 

Jungkook swung his arms around her shoulders, it was more of a headlock than asking for support. "I'll be counting on you." he muttered, glancing sideways with a mocking look before he looked forward with a smirk.

 

Yujin bent her neck to looked at him.

 

Was that a- is he smirking?!

 

"Yah, I'm not your fr-"

 

"You said you'd help."

 

"I never said I'd help!!" Yujin exclaimed. "-what're you doing all of a sudden?!"

 

"Whatever." Jungkook said and started walking into school, dragging Yujin along.

 

She couldn't even see where she was going because Jungkook wasn't letting go of her neck. "Yah- Jeon- yah, you idiot let me go! Don't- don't walk so fast!! Are you even injured in the first place?!"

 

She thought she saw a man in a suit outside the school hidden behind the trees as Jungkook head-locked her.

 

The pain had become more subtle and he could manage walking so he took the liberty to drag the 'boy' along. By doing that, he created quite the entrance into school.

 

 

Namjoon and Taehyung met Jimin at his locker. "Yah," Taehyung smirked and leaned on the locker beside Jimin. "-aren't you gonna do something about your crush?"

 

"W-what?" Jimin asked.

 

"-pfft he even stutters at the mention of Kang Yujin." Taehyung laughed. "-yah, aren't you bothered if your crush gets close to someone else?"

 

"What are you talking about?" Jimin asked.

 

Taehyung lifted up his phone casually, screen facing Jimin. The boy's eyes widened when he saw the picture. It was a picture of Jungkook dragging Yujin as they walked into school. Jungkook was smirking and the three of them had never seen him smirk so e;aborately before. Yujin's face couldn't be seen. Only her flailing arms showed her struggle.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter