074. Girlfriend?

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook stepped into the school. Since he was so early, the school was practically empty.

 

Just what he wanted.

 

An empty place to clear and sort out his thoughts.

 

He walked to his class and hung his bag at the side-hook of his desk. Standing alone in the empty classroom felt odd. He felt like he was really tall and for once, he didn't like it. Sure, Jungkook loved being on rooftops. Standing straight at that height did nothing to his nerves.

 

However, standing alone in the classroom where the tables and chairs were all shorter than him gave him a discomfort in his gut.

 

It wasn't claustrophobia or anything of that sort. It was the feeling of being the only person in there. The feeling where he was so used to having everyone around him wherever her went, but right then, one of them was in the hospital. It just didn't sit right with him.

 

Since it had been a while, Jungkook looked for the staircase that led to the roof. The door was unlocked so he took the liberty to walk around the rooftop. The morning Sun greeted him shyly from behind the clouds and the breeze tousled his hair and caressed his cheeks.

 

Looking around the roof, he started reminiscing the major events that he encountered on rooftops.

 

His first day in BH where Taehyung spotted him and thought that he wanted to jump off just because he was sitting at the edge.

 

That rainy day in JYP, when Kang Yujin disappeared and they all started searching frantically for her on every rooftop in the school.

 

The day they found out that BH High was closing and they had to move to JYP High.

 

The day when he realised that Minyu was a student in BH when she sent out the text to everyone.

 

And Minyu is BHAngel, and also Min Jina, and Min Jina is Suga hyung's sister.

 

He expected a distaste in his mouth at the thought of Min Jina, the girl who left without a word. However, all he felt was curiosity and that he missed the fighter whom he had grown closer to back in the Den.

 

The damned shortie knows Suga hyung very well. He should know Jina too.. Should I.. ask about her?

 

The slight expression disappeared as Jungkook's face became blank again. He plopped onto the ground and stared at the sky.

 

Kang Yujin fights, so does Min Jina. Does Suga hyung know that Min Jina fights? Kang Yujin and Min Jina.. have they both fought each other.. before..?

 

The thought came across as very weird in Jungkook's mind. He couldn't imagine them both fighting.

 

Kang Yujin won't fight girls.. will he?

 

Jungkook spread his hands out on both sides.

 

A lot has happened since the whole BH-JYP incident. If Jungkook would just stop being stubborn, he would see that he's gone through a lot of nonsense, but he hadn't gone through them alone.

 

His friends were with him along the way.

 

He made new ones too.

 

The person whom he fought with everyday was now his friend and they even live under the same roof, beds only separated by a wall.

 

Things will continue going haywire because that's just the life they're living. It didn't mean that they had to go through the chaos alone.

 

 

Jungkook watched the clouds disperse slowly to reveal the serene blue behind it. Students gradually started filing into the school compound. It became noisier and he sat up.

 

He scrolled through the BH website all the way till he reached the day Taehyung was sent to the hospital. There were clearer pictures posted other than the few Jungkook saw on that day. The image of Taehyung in the hospital flashed through his mind.

 

With a sigh, Jungkook locked his phone and slipped it into his pockets as he stood up to stretch.

 

The cold wind brushing against his cheeks told him that winter was coming soon. Now that he was paying attention, he noticed most of the trees almost bare.

 

***

 

Yujin was in class when Jungkook came back down. She was bent over on her desk with her cheek plastered on her arm. Jungkook took his seat, this time he didn't bump into her desk on purpose to wake her up.

 

"Hey, did you hear? Those three who beat Taehyung up, they're having a disciplinary committee for them next Monday!" one of their classmates said to the boy sitting next to him.

 

Yujin had already been awake before Jungkook came in. When she heard that conversation, she opened her eyes.

 

"Really?" the second boy said. "-that's fantastic!"

 

"You're happy."

 

"Aren't you? It's about damn time the school did something about all these absurd bullying.. I can't stand it! Can you?"

 

The first boy laughed. "I won't say I'm pro-BH, but yeah I agree with you. They went too far."

 

Yujin smirked and straightened herself, stretching with both her hands on the table and then slouched. Even though she knew Jungkook was already in class, she purposely turned to face him.

 

"Oh? Jeon Jungkook is here." she said.

 

The previous two boys who had been discussing about the disciplinary committee stopped talking and turned back. Yujin was looking at them with an unrecognisable smirk that almost seemed like she was encouraging them.

 

They both looked at each other in confusion.

 

"What're you gonna do about the committee?" Yujin asked Jungkook.

 

He continued facing his table with his hands crossed in front of him. "Does it concern me?"

 

Yujin heard a small scoff from the front of the class and saw Haemi staring right at Jungkook, her face twisted into a small scowl. Yujin smirked and rested her chin on her palm in the direction of the boy sitting next to her.

 

"Your girlfriend isn't pleased with your answer." she said with an expression so annoying, those around them would have punched her if they were close to her.

 

However, after seeing that face, the edge of Jungkook's lips unexpectedly curved up for a split second. He couldn't stop himself from feeling the nostalgia. He didn't know why but he felt the nostalgia, seeing Yujin smirk so annoyingly.

 

Unfortunately for him, Yujin caught his little smirk. She pushed herself off her seat and bent forward at him, making their faces almost inches apart. Jungkook backed up by instinct with a confused frown.

 

"I saw that smirk. What? Jeon Jungkook really has a girlfriend now?" Yujin asked with a raised brow.

 

There was a pause and most of their classmates held their breaths at the intense stare-down between the two of them. No one took pictures and no one posted updates about it.

 

Jungkook replaced his frown with a smug smirk. His very rare bad boy smirk made a re-appearance. His stiff posture relaxed and he leaned back on his chair more comfortably as Yujin kept the small distance between the both of them.

 

"Do I?" he countered. "-tell me who it is. It's funny how I don't know about this."

 

Yujin let out a small laugh. "Not backing off or pushing me away?"

 

"Why should I shove a friend away?" Jungkook asked.

 

"I don't know?" Yujin tilted her head a little. "-for being annoying?"

 

"Then don't mind if I do." Jungkook's smirk disappeared and he placed both hands on Yujin's small shoulders before pushing her away from himself. She widened her eyes.

 

He didn't used extra force in pushing her, but in that smaller frame, Yujin stumbled back faster than her legs could catch up and she ended up tripping over her chair and falling onto the ground. Jungkook widened his eyes in shock. He already accepted the fact that Yujin has a smaller body than a regular boy, but he'd been fighting her for more than half a year. He knew she was strong, he just didn't expect her to fall over just because of a push.

 

Most of their classmates stood up in panic over Yujin's fall because the last they saw of her after the fall were her legs in the air. However, almost as quickly as she fell, she picked herself back up again. She haphazardly got back up with one hand raised in the air.

 

"I'm fine!" she announced without a smile but when she saw more than half the class on their feet facing her direction (including Haemi), she turned to Jungkook. "-maybe I should have pretended that I was hurt and stay down."

 

The shock on Jungkook's face wasn't erased yet and being Yujin, she was quick to .

 

"-what's wrong?" she asked. "-worried you'd hurt someone in front of your girlfriend?"

 

The shock was replaced by confusion. "Who is my girlfriend?! Stop talking when she doesn't even exist!" Jungkook exclaimed in rare exasperation.

 

"Your band-aid angel." Yujin leaned against her table and stuck her thumb out casually towards the front of the class. "-no?"

 

Jungkook, along with the whole class, turned to look where Yujin had pointed. Everyone looked except the one girl in class that had ever offered Jungkook a band-aid.

 

Park Haemi.

 

The girl widened her eyes like a deer in headlights.

 

"Wh-wha-what?" Haemi asked.

 

"Jeon. Jung. Kook. 's. Girl. Fr. Ie. Nd." Yujin spelled out, loud and clear. "-yes?" she comically bent sideways.

 

"NO!"

 

Everyone turned to the back of the class. It was Jungkook.

 

"What's wrong with you? I was just joking!" Yujin asked, surprised at his outburst.

 

Jungkook breathed out and stormed out of the class with Suga's scarf, leaving Yujin with an eyebrow raised and a few teasing from the girls seated around Haemi. She gave Yujin a very confused look, almost an exasperate one asking Yujin why'd she do it. Yujin merely moved her head to a side with a cocked brow and pulled her chair into place and sat down.

 

 

Jungkook stormed his way up to the roof and slammed the door shut. After a moment of heavy breathing, he stopped.

 

Why am I angry?

 

"Jeon. Jung. Kook. 's. Girl. Fr. Ie. Nd."

 

Urgh damned shortie..

 

Jungkook sat on the ground with a frown and ran a hand over his hair repeatedly.

 

He took out his cellphone and went through his contacts, stopping at that one name that he'd change recently.

 

Min Jina (Minyu; BHAngel)

 

After much hesitation, he opened up the message box and typed down a quick text, sending it out before he had a change of heart.

 

 

There was half an hour till class started and with Taehyung still in the hospital and a Jungkook who just stormed out of the class, meaning no one to disturb, Yujin was absolu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter