044. Cheated? No. But-

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(A/N) New poster! :D This is going to remain here until I have time toedit a new one. (excuses. it's just the creative side of my brain not wanting to edit a new one)

and as promised, shoutout to KaraTeentop, lulurose, Meanie4ever, Buing_, namsungyeon, chuppoppo, whitecheonsa, missdauxian, xoxooppa and yoonhae4us for mentioning that there were abuot 100 BH students.

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO atyaf12 and Zeref175 who was specific enough to mention the exact number of students!!

okk without any more rambling by me, here's Chapter 44~

 

 

Daehyun started laughing. "73? HAHAHAHA 73???? Only 73 people fully passed??? Kang Yujin! GOODBYE!!!"

 

The BH students all couldn't believe it.

 

Was it gonna end like this?

 

 

"Jung Daehyun," Yujin spoke and everyone stopped and paid attention.

 

"What? Wanna get on your knees to beg? I might just give you a chance you know?"

 

Suga nearly went forward and hit Daehyun but Yujin stopped him.

 

"-Jung Daehyun, 73? That means I won the bet."

 

"Don't bull, 73 is such a low-"

 

"-we have only 97 students. All of us. Year one to three." Yujin smirked. "-I believe, 73/97 is more than half. I believe i did not fail my maths."

 

 

Another pin drop silence.

 

"Oh my gosh.." someone behind Yujin said.

 

"We.. WE WON!!!!!"

 

When that sunk in, all the BH students started celebrating and hugging each other. Suga and Hoseok breathed out a sigh of relief at that.

 

"These guys are full of surprises." Hoseok laughed.

 

"It's Kang Yujin after all." Suga agreed.

 

Yujin stayed on longer than she wanted so she quickly got on with it. "Results are out. We won, so Jung Daehyun, you'd better keep your end of the deal and leave us alone."

 

She left the place and the guys followed her. The BH students proceeded to celebrate as they made their way to the cafeteria. Hoseok stayed back.

 

"Daehyun-ah, you-"

 

"SHUT UP!!!" Daehyun yelled and stomped his way out of the hall.

 

Suga placed his hand on Hoseok's shoulder. "Come let's go."

 

 

"Here's to Kang Yujin!!!!" a guy yelled and all the BH students raised their cups and cheered.

 

Yujin didn't bother about them.

 

"-but I still can't believe it. Jungkook-ah! You are amazing!!!" Hoseok exclaimed. "-number one!!"

 

"I never knew you were such a smartass." Namjoon said.

 

"Oh?" Suga asked.

 

"He always gets number one," Jimin said.

 

"-from the bottom!!" Taehyung continued and they both laughed.

 

"This is very surprising." Suga laughed. "-congratulations. All of you."

 

"Thanks hyung!"

 

Yujin finished up her lunch.

 

"Leaving already?" Hoseok asked.

 

"I have nothing to do here." she simply replied and left.

 

"Damnnn..." Namjoon said. "-what did you do?" he turned to Jungkook. "-you never put in effort in studying before and now you just blow us away like that. Who're you tryn'a impress?"

 

"Don't you wanna enjoy seeing their lost expressions for once?" Jungkook asked.

 

The boys didn't expect him to reply.

 

"For that you studied so hard? Until you got top in your year?" Namjoon asked back but his question was replied by silence.

 

I don't want the damned shortie to drop out. What's the use of coming to school if he's not here? I bet everyone else thinks the same, even if we don't verbally agree.

 

"It's okay. As long as you tried your best." Suga gave the boy a reassuring pat on his back.

 

"Nothing's gonna happen right?" Jimin asked.

 

"What's gonna happen?" Taehyung looked his way.

 

Jimin shrugged. "I don't know. It seems too peaceful right now. Seeing that we actually WON that big of a bet. I thought your brother would do something." he told Hoseok.

 

"Calm before the storm?" Hoseok asked and he nodded.

 

"Let's enjoy the moment for now." Suga said. "-I'm sure they can't pull any more tricks because you guys won. It was an all kill."

 

"Let's hope so.." Jimin mumbled.

 

They continued eating until something popped up in Jimin's mind.

 

“Wait a sec..” he said, gaining their attention. “-that's not just all of the deal.”

 

“What're you saying now?” Namjoon asked.

 

“If we win,” Jimin continued. “-the JYP students won't bother us any more, and there's one more part.”

 

“OH!” Taehyung clapped his hands. “-I DON'T NEED TO TRANSFER CLASSES!”

 

They made sounds of realisation and clapped him on the back. However, Jimin was staring at Taehyung with a blank face. He breathed in and nodded.

 

“Oh right, there's that too, but no. I meant, there's something else. One more.” Jimin shook his fingers, trying to rake his memory.

 

“OHHH!!!!” someone else from the BH corner shouted and stood up. “-WE WON THE BET, DOESN'T THAT MEAN THAT JUNG DAEHYUN NEEDS TO STEP DOWN FROM BEING THE STUDENT COUNCIL'S PRESIDENT????”

 

Suga and Hoseok exchanged glances.

 

“Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

When Taehyung went to his locker to get his books, his eyes travelled to the photocopied notes given to everyone by the mysterious-not so mysterious person.

 

It has to be the damned shortie.

 

He caught sight of her walking pass the locker hall and quickly grabbed what he needed and ran after her.

 

"DAMNED SHORTIE!!!"

 

Yujin wanted to ignore him but he already caught up to her.

 

"Yah,"

 

"What."

 

"-those notes were yours.. Right?"

 

Taehyung waited for her reaction at his big find. Yujin stared at him longer than he expected and his smile wavered and eventually disappeared.

 

Without another word, she left for class.

 

It's not?

 

He followed her back to class, all the way to her seat. She looked up at him with a frown. “What do you want?”

 

“Yah, remember the deal?” he asked.

 

“Yeah, we won. They don't bully us. Done.”

 

“Yes, but noooo..” Taehyung shook his head and bounced on his feet like an impatient kid. “-three parts of the deal if we win. 1, they won't bully us. 2, I get to stay in this class,”

 

Oh, right. There was that too.

 

“-3, Jung Daehyun steps down from being student council president!” Taehyung said excitedly.

 

However, his excitement was met with silence on Yujin's part.

 

“-what? Are you not happy?” Taehyung asked.

 

Yujin met his eyes. “Will you be happy?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Will you be happy to be booted out like this?” Yujin asked.

 

“Are you taking his side at a time like this?” Taehyung asked incredulously.

 

Yujin shrugged. “No one's mentioning anything about it, I'm just going to wait till Jung Daehyun remembers what he agreed to in that deal he made out of arrogance.”

 

“But-” Taehyung wanted to say more but he had no idea what to say and went back to his seat.

 

 

 

The day passed by without any disturbances from the JYP students and the BH students were more than happy to go through the day peacefully. Yujin made her début post on the BH website as Kang Yujin instead of BHAngel, telling everyone to leave the third part of the deal – Jung Daehyun's stepping down – alone until the boy himself decides to speak about it.

 

"-but it really IS too peaceful." Taehyung said when the boys picked them up from their class after school.

 

"It's getting to you too?" Jimin asked and he nodded.

 

"It shouldn't be a problem if the normal students left us alone. Most of them don't bother about us much," Taehyung adjusted his bag. "-but it's that gang. Hoseok hyung's brother. He's been awfully quiet. I thought he'd make a big deal out of it. Get it?"

 

"Now that you mention. It does make sense." Namjoon said.

 

"Maybe it's just a wrong gut feeling." Jimin shrugged. "-whatever, let's go back."

 

"You coming along?" Taehyung asked Jungkook.

 

"No." Jungkook replied and walked a different direction.

 

***

 

"What's wrong with you?" Namjoon asked Jimin as they waited for the bus the next day.

 

"Hyung, I have a bad feeling about today... Can we skip school?"

 

Taehyung and Namjoon exchanged glances. "What kind of bad feeling?"

 

"I don't know. Feels like we're gonna cause everyone trouble."

 

"What kind of bad feeling is that. Bus' here. Do you wanna get up or not. Your choice. We'll follow." Namjoon said as the bus pulled up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter