051. Minyu.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok knocked on his brother's door.

 

Daehyun made sure he wasn't wearing his glasses before he opened his door. "What do you want now?" he asked.

 

"What happened to the results?" Hoseok got straight to the point.

 

"What results?"

 

"Don't play dumb. Come on, Yujin and Jungkook's results. Give them to me now." Hoseok held out his hand. "-everyone had so much to handle today we all forgot during school time."

 

Daehyun made an unhappy face as he went back into his room and came back out with two files. He slammed them onto Hoseok's hand.

 

"Okay? Now go away-"

 

"No wait." Hoseok stopped his door.

 

"What??"

 

"It really wasn't you?" he asked his younger brother. "-the roof."

 

"Hyung! Don't tell me you don't trust me either??" Daehyun exclaimed. "-look, Suga hyung can suspect me, all those BH guys you hang out with, they can all suspect me but you can't! You're my brother!!"

 

Hoseok smiled. "I just wanted to make sure okay? It's a serious thing to be locking someone out in the rain like that. Especially when it's to my friend. I won't let the culprit go."

 

"Hyung, are you threatening me now?" Daehyun frowned. "-because I really didn't do it."

 

"That's good then."

 

"Go check the CCTVs, what are you even doing?" Daehyun said. "-you, Suga hyung, Jin hyung.. You're supposed to be top students but you can't even think about small things like these??"

 

"Oh! That's right! CCTV!!!!" Hoseok shouted. "-DAEHYUNIE YOU'RE A GENIUS!!"

 

Daehyun inwardly groaned at his brother. "Go away if you're done interrogating me." he said and shut his door.

 

Hoseok went back to his room and put the two files on his table. "He wasn't parading so I assume the two of them did well again."

 

He stared at the files blankly for a while before he took them in his hands and went out of the room.

 

"Young mast- I mean, Hoseok-ah, where are you going?" one of the butlers asked.

 

Hoseok grinned at his mistake. "Out for a while. Don't mention it to my dad."

 

"As you wish."

 

"Bye~"

 

Hoseok went out and got his bike. Roaring the engine to a start, he put on his helmet and put the files into the compartment in front. He the lights and sped off.

 

Daehyun shut off his curtains. "Dammit. Of course he'd be happy."

 

***

 

Even though Yujin still had a mild fever, she was acting more normal than she should. She was shooting out sarcastic remarks at Suga and Jungkook alike (who came back to her room when he heard a loud thud, finding Suga on the floor. He fell down after getting up in annoyance and tripping over Yujin's bag.) She was pissing Suga off more than he should have been, she ended up getting ordered by him to wash her own bowl.

 

Yujin laughed to herself as she covered the bowl in soap. She was still sweating because of the fever. She didn't show it in front of Suga but she wasn't in top condition to be out of bed.

 

"I'll kill the person who locked me up there." she mumbled.

 

"In that state?" Jungkook came over. "-you'll get pushed up the roof and locked there again easily."

 

Yujin moved aside when he stood next to her and took away the bowl and utensils. She raised a brow when he started washing it for her.

 

The girl shrugged and washed her hands above the bowl he had been washing.

 

"Yah." he muttered and glared at her. Yujin ignored him and flicked her hands rid of water.

 

"-YAH." Jungkook stepped back while still holding out the bowl above the sink. "-damned shortie-"

 

"Waaht?"

 

Jungkook breathed out and continued washing.

 

He lost his sanity in the rain.

 

 

Yujin leaned on the counter and watched him. She saw the bandage around his arm.

 

"Yah, idiot."

 

"What do you want now.." Jungkook asked as if he was tired of taking requests from her.

 

Yujin held her laugh in. "-did you really get hurt while looking for me?"

 

Jungkook didn't reply her and he took the empty pot that had been on the stove before Yujin woke up and washed it too. He scrunched up his nose as he sniffled.

 

Yujin let out a short laugh. "-really like a fool. You can't stand the cold but you ran out there and fell down too. What do you want huh? Make me guilty?"

 

Jungkook breathed out and turned off the water. He looked her way. "Yah, stop it. I'm not in the mood to argue with you."

 

"Oh? Have we ever argued before?" Yujin asked him. "-as far as I remember, all we've ever done is fight, fight and...... fight. We could start arguing. It takes less energy than fighting."

 

"That's back in BH alright?! Just, stop being such an *sshole." Jungkook unhappily set the pot onto the rack for it to dry. When Yujin didn't say anything more, he went back to his room.

 

 

Suga heard their exchange but he didn't come out of his room.

 

Yujin went back to her room and sat on her bed.

 

I'm so sick, I'm not going to go to school tomorrow..

 

She stretched her hand and grabbed her phone along with her spare phone from her bag but didn't switched it on.

 

Yujin recalled the long rap-like rambling Suga did when she woke up.

 

"-Taehyung almost had a mental breakdown trying to convince himself you were okay,"

 

That idiot? Mental breakdown over me? That's a surprise.

 

"-and we had to open your locker and your phone-"

 

..I bet Kim Taehyung did that.

 

"-and you made seven guys run the whole school to every roof under the rain to look for you,"

 

All of them? That would've been quite a sight. Everyone ran in the rain? Even Jin hyung? And the idiot kid? I should faint more often.

 

"-and then Jiminie and Jungkook had to run all the  way to the clinic for you and-" 

 

They ran for me? For what? One of them carried me didn't they? I can't believe this. This is really an eventful day. I wonder whether half the things Yoongi said were true.

 

"-I almost beat Daehyunie in the cafeteria until they convinced me that it wasn't him who locked you up there,"

 

When you have an overprotective brother.

 

Oh does that mean it's not Hoseok's brother's doing?

 

"-and I skipped ANOTHER DAY of classes just to wait for you to wake up and YOU DIDN'T, and I had to carry you back,"

 

I'm never telling him I woke up. He'll kill me.

 

"-but I almost died halfway so Jungkook had to take over-"

 

 

Yujin raised a brow.

 

That idiot helped me that many times huh.

 

***

 

Hoseok reached the house and parked his bike at the side of their gate. He went up to the door and rang the bell.

 

All three teens in the house jolted up from whatever they were doing.

 

Yujin was downstairs so she yelled, "I'll get it!!!!"

 

She opened the door and was surprised to see Hoseok there. "-yah you, what're you doing here?"

 

Hoseok grinned and waved the files. "I got your results~"

 

He invited himself in and Yujin left him to lock the doors on his own. Suga came down the stairs.

 

"Who was it- WOAH. yah! What're you doing here at this hour?!"

 

Hoseok sat down at the couch while Yujin seemed to be pouring hot water into an instant noodle bowl. Suga went over to Hoseok. Jungkook came down shortly later.

 

"Hyung." he greeted Hoseok.

 

"I was right about you living here." Hoseok laughed. "-don't worry I won't tell the rest if you don't say anything."

 

He nodded and smelled the instant noodles. He looked to the kitchen and saw Yujin setting the bowl on the table. She glanced up and met his gaze. Swiftly, she pointed at the bowl before leaving it and walked to the living room.

 

"What're you doing here?" she asked Hoseok and sat down next to Suga.

 

Jungkook glanced at her before he looked back at the noodles. It clicked in his mind and he rolled his eyes. He took the noodles and chopsticks.

 

You already said thanks so what the heck is this now..

 

Jungkook brought the bowl to the living room.

 

"Yah, where's my share??" Suga exclaimed at Yujin when Jungkook sat on Suga's other side.

 

"What? Ask him! Why're you asking me??" she said as if she didn't cook it.

 

"You- pfft!! You cooked for him but not for me??" Suga wasn't buying her act.

 

"I cooked." Jungkook lied.

 

"No you didn't, Yujin-"

 

"I cooked." he repeated.

 

"Forget it you three.." Hoseok mused. "-acting more and more like real siblings. Whatever! Here, you results for the retake. I haven't opened it, but I think my brother did. Here you go."

 

Jungkook put down the bowl and took his while Yujin took hers. She opened it and the file got stuck. It happened to Jungkook's as well.

 

"Yah, what's this." Suga asked.

 

Yujin glanced at Hoseok. "Jung Daehyun didn't open it." she stood up and went to look for a pair of scissors to snip the string open.

 

"-why so secretive anyway." she said when she came back and sat down. "-it's just a retake."

 

Hoseok shrugged with a grin.

 

"-rich people and their money issues.." she mumbled and cut the string to her file.

 

They all expected her to pass the scissors to Jungkook but she put it on the couch, not between her and Suga. Hoseok held in his laughter as she opened her own results file while Jungkook's hand that came out wanting to take the scissors was left hanging in front of Suga.

 

"Yah Kang Yujin." Suga said.

 

She looked away from her file. "What?"

 

"Scissors." he said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter