054. Of Dinner and Text Messages.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

While Hoseok fooled around with the others in the living room, Jungkook went upstairs. He saw Yujin sitting on her bed from the unclosed door when he passed by. He stared at her for a while but went to his room instead.

 

Yujin stared at the floor as she tried steadying her breathing.

 

She heard her door creak further open and turned to see Jungkook come in and closed it like how it was before. She ignored him and resumed her previous pose.

 

He stood at the side silently before sitting on the floor. They both remained quiet. The only sounds were the shouts and shrieks by the noisy ones in the living room, and rare sniffles by Jungkook.

 

"What're you doing here?" Yujin asked much later.

 

"What happened to you?"

 

Yujin didn't reply him. After a while, she stood up and left her room. Jungkook breathed out and stood up to follow after her.

 

She went into Suga's room and Jungkook went down instead.

 

A flying pillow hit him in the face and Hoseok burst out laughing. He picked up the pillow and saw Namjoon drowning in his headache.

 

"Yah." Jungkook muttered and all of them paused. He pointed at Namjoon. "-he's gonna die."

 

"Who's gonna die??" Jiwoo came out of the kitchen.

 

"No, it's just a headache." Namjoon shook his hands.

 

"Jeon Jungkook watch your language!" Jiwoo chided and hit his head lightly it was like a pat. She went back to the kitchen.

 

"Where's Yujin?" Hoseok asked.

 

"Suga hyung's room." Jungkook replied and sat down on the couch.

 

Jin and Taehyung helped Jiwoo prepare the food. Within an hour, all the boys in the living room smelled almost-ready food and their stomachs growled.

 

"Eommeoniiii!!" Jimin called out. "-im hungryyyy....."

 

"Why don't you come here and help? We'll be faster!" Jiwoo said.

 

"I'm sickkkk!!!!"

 

"Then stop playing and rest!"

 

Hoseok laughed at Jimin.

 

When the food was ready, Jin wanted to go upstairs to call Yujin but before he said where he wanted to go, Jungkook was already on the way up the stairs.

 

Jungkook quietly open the door to Suga's room and saw Yujin sitting on the floor, leaning against the bed, back facing the door. He went next to her and tapped her shoulder once, unconsciously noting her small shoulders. She looked at him.

 

"Food's ready." he said in a low volume, conscious not to wake Suga up.

 

"I don't wanna eat."

 

"He's gonna be upset if you don't." Jungkook gestured at Suga who was sleeping.

 

Yujin frowned and stood up. Jungkook made sure she went out of the room before he exited.

 

Jiwoo smiled at the two of them who came down as she set the table. All of them were seated except Taehyung who was still helping. Yujin clicked her tongue and dragged him out of the kitchen.

 

"Yah! Oi! Dam- Kang Yujin! What're you doing?!" Taehyung exclaimed. He got pushed onto the empty chair next to Jin.

 

"You're still sick, what are you doing." Yujin muttered and went to the kitchen to help Jiwoo. "-sorry for not helping even though I live here." she told the lady.

 

Jiwoo shook her head. "It's okay. You're still not well. Seokjin told me everything already."

 

Everything? Not the part where I'm a girl right?

 

Yujin silently helped and Jiwoo kept stealing glances at her. Yujin knew the lady was looking but she chose not to say or do anything.

 

"Thank you for the food!!" all of them said in unison and started digging in.

 

Yujin was sitting right opposite Taehyung and saw him stealthily avoiding the greens on the table. She stared at him as she chewed her food. He didn't realise it so Yujin just picked up a whole bunch of the vegetables and dumped it on his plate.

 

"WHA-!!!!" Taehyung exclaimed. "-ah yahhhhh!!!!" he started complaining. "-wah you seriously!!"

 

"What?" Yujin asked in a cold tone.

 

Taehyung frowned and whined but he didn't attempt to give it away or return it to the plate. Jiwoo noted that in surprise.

 

"Eommeoni why're you smiling like that?" Jimin asked her. They were sitting at the other end of the table.

 

"No.. It's just that no one has managed to make him eat his greens since young. Well, except someone, but that was long ago." Jiwoo smiled.

 

"Eommeoni, you may not know this, but Kang Yujin, he's the best. Everyone listens to him." Hoseok grinned. "-even most of the kids from JYP originally, they don't mess with him."

 

“Most of them don't.” Namjoon corrected him. “-a handful of them still do.”

 

"Is that so?" Jiwoo asked. "-is he just like these four? Fighting all the time?" She waged her chopsticks to the four boys she already knew.

 

"Others fight with him first." Namjoon said. "-he just sort of.. defends himself."

 

"Eommeoni, he's not bad." Jimin said.

 

The other expected an explanation but he didn't give one. They laughed at him. Those at the other end of the table, i.e Jin, Taehyung and Yujin looked over.

 

"What is it?" Jin asked.

 

"Nothing, just talking 'bad' about Yujin-ah." Hoseok joked.

 

"Oh, eommeoni, do you know?" Jin asked. "-Yujin placed second in his year!"

 

"Omo! Is that so? Aigoo! Yujin-ah, that's great! In JYP too!"

 

Yujin bowed silently in thanks.

 

"Jungkook got first. Eommeoni can you believe it?" Jimin said.

 

The look on Jiwoo's face was priceless. "REALLY?? FIRST IN JYP??" She looked at Jungkook, who was staring at Jimin with the intent to kill. "-Jungkook-ah, that's really impressive!! How did that happen? Why didn't you study in BH? You could have been such a good student from the start!"

 

Jungkook couldn't do anything but thanked the lady.

 

"Oh," Jin remembered something. "-Taehyung. He placed 6th!"

 

Taehyung widened his eyes and shook his hands in front of Jin comically in attempt to stop him but Jin already said it out. The way Jiwoo's expressions changed told all of them that Taehyung didn't tell her about it.

 

"Kim Taehyung? What is this I'm hearing??"

 

"Wait- no- I- omona HYUNG!!" Taehyung sort-of-cried.

 

"Ah whyy??" Jin asked in amusement.

 

"Taehyung-ah!!" Jiwoo exclaimed. She was evidently happy and surprised and in slight disbelief.

 

"Ayyyy!!" Taehyung complained.

 

"OH! I know!" Jimin snapped his fingers and swallowed his food. "-eommeoni, your birthday is next week isn't it??"

 

"Oh, now that you mentioned. Yes it is." Jiwoo said.

 

That caused another string of incoherent complaints from Taehyung amidst his runny nose.

 

"Awww this kid knows how to be romantic?" Hoseok teased.

 

"AHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Taehyung shoved more food into his mouth and ran upstairs with a full mouth.

 

They all heard the bathroom door being shut and locked. Jiwoo let out a chuckle. "This kid.."

 

"Okay! Let's eat!" Hoseok said.

 

Yujin finished her food with her regular-faster-than-everyone-else speed and took her plates to the kitchen, thanking Jiwoo for the food. The boys watched her as she came back and scooped more vegetables onto Taehyung's plate. Hoseok covered his mouth with a laugh.

 

Yujin took it upstairs and knocked on the bathroom door. There was no reply so she knocked again.

 

"Oui. Idiot, don't make me knock down the door." she said.

 

Taehyung eventually gave up and opened the door. Yujin handed him the plate and utensils.

 

"Don't be disgusting and get out here." Yujin said.

 

"I don't wanna go downstairs." Taehyung protested softly.

 

Yujin grabbed his collar and he thought she'd punch him but she pulled him into her room and shut the door.

 

"Now shut up and eat." She pointed to her study desk.

 

Taehyung obediently sat on the chair and ate. Yujin went on to sort out the small heaps of messes on her floor. Some books and some boxes of things.

 

"What're you doing?" Taehyung asked and sniffled.

 

"Cleaning my room. That's not obvious?"

 

"I know, dammit, but what for?"

 

"One of you is gonna have to sleep here. Yoongi's room is big but if he doesn't wake up, no one's allowed to move in." Yujin said. "-Jeon Jungkook's room can fit one more person on the floor.. one more person has to squeeze here." She looked around her room, figuring out how to make more space.

 

Taehyung watched her attempt to move some things and eventually, she gave up. "I'm gonna wake Yoongi up if he doesn't wake up by 11." she decided. "-his room can easily fit two more people if the pretty boy idiot hates sharing."

 

Taehyung only nodded.

 

"Who snores the least among the four of you?" Yujin turned to Taehyung.

 

"I don't know if I snore but the rest of them do." Taehyung said and sniffled. He pointed at his stuffy nose. "-I don't know if this will make me snore."

 

"Whatever then, you'll be sleeping here." She pointed at the space on the floor next to her bed.

 

"On the floor?"

 

"Do you wanna share a bed with me?" Yujin asked with a straight face. Taehyung's food almost got swallowed into the wrong side of his throat.

 

"HA?!"

 

"Joke." Yujin bent down and picked up a book on the floor.

 

"You seemed pretty serious." Taehyung coughed.

 

Yujin looked at him straight in the eye. "What's wrong with two guys sharing a bed?"

 

Taehyung's eyes shook a while. "N..o.. Nothing wrong." he calmly said.

 

"Finish your food." Yujin said and opened her closet. She reached up to the highest shelf of her closet but couldn't reach it even after she tipped her toes. Taehyung smirked.

 

"Damned shortie." he said and stood up with the intent to help her, suddenly remembering how he had helped her get the box down from her locker in school before. "-you really are a damned shortie aren't you."

 

"What? Not 'Kang Yujin' any more?" Yujin asked.

 

"I only said that because my mother was around." Taehyung said in amusement. He st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter