036. What Happened at the Park.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're back early." Suga joked when he opened the door and saw Yujin lazing at the couch.

 

His keys clang as he dropped it but picked it up soon after. Suga hung them up but dropped them again.

 

Yujin sat up and stared at him.

 

"Yoongi what happened to you?"

 

Suga turned towards her a little too abruptly. "Huh?"

 

Yujin breathed out. "What happened?"

 

"Nothing happened! What happened?" Suga exclaimed.

 

"You dropped your keys twice."

 

"Nothing.. I just.. Do you think.." he trailed off.

 

Yujin clicked her tongue. She stood up and pulled him and sat him down. "Sit down before you break something. You've been over-thinking things again haven't you?"

 

Suga sighed. "-I was just thinking.....what if.. Hoseok's dad is forced to resign?"

 

Yujin rolled her eyes. She grabbed Suga's shoulders, turned him to face her and pinched both his cheeks and pulled them sideways lightly.

 

"Yah, Min Yoongi," she said. "-have some faith in my schoolmates. What makes you think I'll allow that to happen?"

 

"Yujin, you're just another student. What can you do?" Suga said while his cheeks were still stretched out by her.

 

"'scuse me? Just another student?" Yujin smirked. "-Yoongi you seem to be forgetting that I was pegged the 'worst delinquent' by the vice principal. I'm not just another student."

 

"You say it as if you get to get away with anything with that title." Suga said and pushed Yujin's hand down. "-let go of my face."

 

"Yes I'll get away with it," Yujin noted. "-they can't do anything, they won't try, because I can beat them up to a pulp and they won't be able to do anything."

 

"How sure are you?"

 

"I have powerful friends," Yujin pointed at Suga playfully. "-with powerful backgrounds." she used her hands to gesture to the whole house.

 

Suga laughed. "Convincing."

 

"Of course."

 

"Go take a shower you smelly kid."

 

"Okay okay okay.."

 

***

 

Yujin peaked out of her room. The house was pitch black by now and as usual, she could hear Suga's light snores from his room.

 

"Time to go check on that pretty boy idiot."

 

 

Yujin bought a take away packet of food from a restaurant before they closed and pulled her hoodie over her head. The night was getting colder already.

 

"Autumn is coming soon.."

 

Before she reached the playground,

 

"WUAHPSEUCHHH!!!"

 

Yujin's nose was scrunched up and she had a funny frown as she paused her whole body to anticipate another sneeze, but a second one didn't come.

 

"-urgh." she grumbled. "-hate the cold."

 

All of a sudden, her hoodie got pulled off her head roughly and her shoulder got grabbed. In instinct, she grabbed that hand and twisted it as she turned back.

 

Before she got to see who it was, someone's fist came her way and she let go of the hand and dodged it.

 

She jumped backwards to put a distance between herself and the attackers. She widened her eyes and wobbled a little as she narrowly saved the food in her hands from toppling over.

 

When she finally regained balance, her face became blank again. Yujin stared at them, expecting some JYP students or probably (unlikely) any of the four idiots, however, she couldn't recognise them.

 

"Wah! Minyu?!" one of the guys exclaimed.

 

"Who're you?" Yujin demanded.

 

"You're Minyu right? The fearless female and the youngest fighter in the Den, Wind in the Night." the other guy said.

 

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

 

"Come on Minyu, there's no way we'll forget you even if you cut your hair and disappeared for a whole year."

 

"Not after you knocked us out like that and humiliated us."

 

Yujin breathed out. "I'm a guy. What female fight night are you guys talking about??"

 

"Nonsense!!" one of them shouted and dashed to her.

 

Yujin dodged him again.

 

"If you're not Minyu, you won't be able to dodge us like this!!" the other one tried to land a hit on her but failed.

 

"-tch," Yujin was only trying to save the food in her hands. "-even a child can dodge you."

 

"Stop staring at your things and pay attention!!" the first guy aimed for the packet in her hands and swept it off her hands.

 

Yujin stopped moving around and watched the packet leave her hand, land on the floor, tore open and the food spilled over the pavement.

 

"Now pay attention at us!!"

 

Yujin didn't look at them and went to the food. She bent down and picked up the wrapper. There were only less than a quarter of the food still inside the pack so she threw it back on the floor.

 

"The heck was that for, huh? I don't even know you!" Yujin grumbled.

 

"You're definitely Minyu!! I can recognise your face!"

 

"I'm not!!"

 

"Prove it!"

 

They gave her no time to do so and charged at her.

 

***

 

Jungkook was sitting at the park bench under the park lamp, reading the notes and he got pissed off at the shouting nearby because he couldn't concentrate.

 

To some point he could recognise the sounds of fighting. He knew he won't be able to read any more with the noise so he threw the book onto the bench and got up to see what was going on in displease.

 

It was two against one and he raised his eyebrows when he recognised that the 'one' was Yujin.

 

"You're Minyu, just admit it!!"

 

Jungkook frowned.

 

Minyu??

 

"-the heck! Leave, me alone!!" Yujin shouted.

 

Even though Jungkook knew Yujin could handle two guys at once, more than two even, but then, he recognised the two guys.

 

"What the heck are they doing in this part of the city?!" he exclaimed.

 

Jungkook ran over and punched the second guy before he got to hit Yujin.

 

Yujin spun around in surprise.

 

"What're you doing here, idiot?" she asked Jungkook.

 

"You!!" the first guy exclaimed. Jungkook gave him a deadly glance.

 

The guy stepped back.

 

"What're you two brains doing here?" Jungkook asked them.

 

Yujin was curious about the two guys' reaction to Jungkook, but she got distracted over the food on the payment and decided to check if it was still worth saving even though she already checked once.

 

"You were close to Wind of the Night weren't you??" the second guy asked. "-isn't this person her??"

 

Jungkook glanced at Yujin who was a feet away for a second before looking back at the two guys. "This is a guy. How can you compare this damned shortie to Minyu?"

 

Yujin only heard the 'damned shortie' phrase and clicked her tongue.

 

"You're friends??"

 

"What is that to you?" Jungkook asked.

 

Yujin smirked. "We are?" she asked him after standing up and walking over.

 

"Shut your trap." he told her.

 

Yujin shrugged. She could see that the two guys were afraid of Jungkook.

 

"Ah. Idiot," Yujin said and he looked at her. "-they flipped your food over." she gestured her head to the fallen food on the floor.

 

"H-h-his f-food??" they stuttered.

 

"My food?" Jungkook asked her.

 

"Cup noodles every time's gonna kill you." Yujin shrugged.

 

Jungkook went over to the floor and picked up the packet. There was still a little food inside that didn't fall out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter