049. Safe.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is crazy!! It's raining out there!!!!" Jimin screamed as they ran off to the bridges, pushing pass students who were in the hallways.

 

The BH students that saw them running made way for them quickly. These four seldom ran, and when they saw that even Jungkook was running, they knew something was really wrong.

 

"DAMMIT WHERE ARE THE STAIRS?!?!" Jimin yelled.

 

"Found one! I'll take this one!!" Taehyung shouted and detoured away from them.

 

Jungkook soon ran away from them as he spotted the next stairs.

 

Namjoon and Jimin ran to the next block and the moment they entered, they both separated. They knew the way around it because it was where their class was.

 

Taehyung got to the top of the stairs and turned the knob. It opened and he swung the door open and the rain and wind hit him with full force.

 

He bolted out under the rain. "DAMNED SHORTIE!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!"

 

No one answered him and he jogged around the roof, constantly wiping his hair out of his face. "-KANG YUJIN!!!! WHERE ARE YOU, DAMMIT????"

 

Both Suga and Jin kept shouting her name under the rain on each roof they were at but she wasn't there. They ran back down and Suga met Jin halfway.

 

"The other boys split up. Let's go look for them." Jin said.

 

Hoseok opened the door and shouted Yujin's name over and over again as he frowned. He could barely open his eyes. Not finding her there, he got back in dripping wet but not caring much about it and ran back down.

 

He was joined by Jin and Suga before he started bolting for the other block.

 

"No?" Suga asked.

 

"Let's go." Jin pushed them.

 

Three of them ran off, leaving a huge trail of water behind them as they went.

 

Jungkook didn't bother turning the knob. The moment he got to the top of the stairs and saw the door, he kicked it open, knowing how fragile it was from the inside and landed under the rain that was still going strong. He felt his wounds that hadn't fully recover stinging a little as the heavy rain threatened to tear them open again. He didn't bother about it and ran around the much larger space.

 

He couldn't spot the familiar figure anywhere. "DAMMIT KANG YUJIN WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU??!!"

 

His hair fell over his left eyes and pricked it. Jungkook harshly rubbed it off his face but didn't notice a plank on the ground. His foot caught onto it and he slipped and fell, grazing his elbow on the ground a little.

 

Why is it raining so hard today. If the damned shortie isn't on any roof I'll kill him when we find him.

 

 

When Jungkook came back under shelter, he saw Hoseok running up, as drenched as he probably was. "Is-.. he there?" he asked while panting.

 

"No." Jungkook said and both of them ran back down.

 

When Jungkook got to the hallways, he saw Suga running towards them fully drenched as well. "I checked his locker again but his things are still there."

 

"Let's go to the others." Hoseok said. "-Taehyung-ah and Jin hyung went ahead already."

 

Jungkook didn't see their trail of water and stepped on it as he started running and slipped but Suga saw it and managed to grab his arm.

 

"Whoa! Careful!" Suga exclaimed and Hoseok stopped to look back. "-you okay?"

 

"I'm okay." Jungkook said and ran off before them.

 

"He hurt his arm." Hoseok pointed at his own elbow to Suga as they followed him. Suga saw Jungkook's torn sleeve stained red at the corners of the tears.

 

 

Jimin came running to the group and shook his head. "I double triple checked, he's not there!!" he ran his hands over his hair to keep it out of his face.

 

They all turned to the direction where the stairs that Namjoon had taken, all starting to pant because they stopped running. Suga frowned with his teeth gritted together.

 

Please don't come down with her. Please. Kang Yujin. No. Please just be in the library!

 

They heard splashing sounds in sync with footsteps and distant shouts. All of them ran towards the stairs.

 

"HYUNG!! HYUNG!!! YAH!!!! GUYS I FOUND HIM!!"

 

Suga sped up when he saw Namjoon coming down the stairs. He was bent over and soon he fully emerged from the stairs with another person on his back and they instantly knew who it was.

 

"!! KANG YUJIN!!!!" Suga shouted at the top of his lungs when he saw that her eyes were closed. "-YAH KANG YUJIN WAKE UP!!" he cupped her cheeks and slapped it lightly when Namjoon put her down on the floor because he couldn't hold her any more after carrying her in from the rain and bringing her down two flights of stairs. She wasn't responding.

 

Jin also went next to her and wiped her hair off her face, feeling her forehead and the bottom of her neck. "This is not good."

 

The both of them got pushed away lightly as Jimin came forward without a word. He tugged on Yujin's arm before pulling her up and hoisting her over his back.

 

"I'll get him to the clinic." he muttered and sprinted off. Jungkook got up and ran with him. Taehyung wanted to follow but Namjoon stopped him.

 

"Both of them can handle it. You have an incredibly low tolerance to cold so go get changed with us first." he said.

 

“But so does Jungkook!” Taehyung protested.

 

“Kim Taehyung, I'm not asking.” Namjoon said and Taehyung kept quiet when he saw the hostile look in the boy's eyes.

 

"Oi Suga, he's in good hands now," Jin held Suga back before he got up. "-do you wanna get sick too?? How are you gonna take care of him if you fall sick too?!"

 

Suga relaxed more after hearing Jin's words.

 

"Okay let's go get changed." Hoseok said and helped Suga stand. "-I hope the office has enough sets of uniform to spare."

 

 

 

 

Jimin and Jungkook rushed to the clinic. "Someone, help him!" he screeched.

 

The nurse on duty came out and was shocked at the state the boys were in because they just came in from running around in the rain. She quickly called in the doctor and led them to the room with the beds and Jimin put Yujin down on a bed.

 

"What happened to him?" she asked as she removed Yujin's blazer. Her shirt was already see through but the black shirt she wore under it prevented anything that shouldn't be seen.

 

"He got locked up on the roof since morning." Jungkook said when Jimin didn't know how to answer.

 

"Alright. Please move aside." the doctor came and the nurse told the boys to wait outside the room as she closed the curtains around the bed.

 

"He's gonna be okay right?" Jimin asked Jungkook.

 

Jungkook ran a hand over his face to get rid of the water and flinched slightly when he touched the almost healed wound on his forehead. "I don't know."

 

 

 

Before the boys made it to the office, Namjoon pulled Jin's sleeve and they stopped behind the other three boys.

 

"Hyung, will the damned shortie be okay?"

 

"Don't worry the doctor in the clinic is a good doctor."

 

"..he can find out everything that's wrong with him right?" Namjoon asked.

 

Jin smiled and nodded. "Don't worry, he can find out everything."

 

Namjoon nodded and went ahead but Jin stopped when he realised what he just said.

 

'Everything'.

 

He widened his eyes.

 

YUJIN IS A GIRL!!!!

 

"CRAP!!!!" he turned back and started running towards the clinic despite the crazy look he had then. Drenched from head to toe.

 

"Whoa! Hyung where are you going?!?!" Hoseok yelled when he saw him tearing down the hallways and avoiding people in the process. People avoided him too.

 

"CLINIC!!!!"

 

"Clinic? Did Jin hyung hurt himself?" Taehyung asked. Namjoon raised a brow and shrugged.

 

"No idea.. get in there." he pushed Taehyung.

 

Suga was too disorientated to realise that Yujin's cover was at risk of being exposed as he entered the office. Hoseok got them a set of uniform each according to their sizes and a staff member led them to separate changing rooms after giving them towels to dry up. Namjoon and Taehyung gave each other a brief look when they saw that they were given brown striped uniforms.

 

"They don't have ours." Taehyung mouthed.

 

 

"I've sent your clothes to the cleaners for you. I'll put it under.. Hoseok-ssi's name?" she asked when they came out and she handed them towels for their hair as well.

 

Hoseok nodded and bowed in thanks.

 

"-what did you boys do to end up like this?" she asked as she took their used towels and put them into a laundry bag.

 

"Save a friend. He got locked on the roof since morning." Hoseok said.

 

When he said that, something in Suga snapped and he threw the towel on the floor and stormed out of the office.

 

"Oh gosh where-" Hoseok exclaimed at Suga but turned back to the staff and bowed as he picked up Suga's towel and gave it to her as well as his. "-thank you for your help." he bowed again and ran after Suga. "-yah! Where are you going????"

 

Namjoon and Taehyung exchanged glances and passed the towels back with small words of thanks before they went after the two older boys.

 

Suga stomped his way to the cafeteria. Somewhere along the way while they had been looking for Yujin, the bell had rung for the second break.

 

He pushed his way past a few students. They wanted to shout at him but shut up they saw the murderous look on his face.

 

Finding his target, he changed his direction. Hoseok barely made it into the cafeteria, squeezing through the crowd. He stopped to find where Suga was headed to.

 

Suga approached Daehyun's table and Jongup who saw him sat straight and the rest of them at the table saw him stiffening. They turned and saw Suga there but before anyone of them got to ask why he was there, Suga grabbed Daehyun and pulled him out of his seat.

 

All of them at the table stood up in shock and everyone in the cafeteria had their eyes on them both. Namjoon and Taehyung ran in and joined Hoseok.

 

Suga held Daehyun by his collars.

 

"H-hyung! What are you doing?!" Daehyun asked as he struggled to keep his balance because Suga wasn't allowing him to stand properly, or he would have towered over Suga.

 

Suga smirked at him and Daehyun thought he saw a flash of a scary creature across Suga's face as the older boy continued smiling while keeping his eyes wide open at Daehyun.

 

"What am I doing?" Suga asked Daehyun back. "-how about you tell me what have you been doing?" he asked with his chin lifted up and stared down at Daehyun who was shrinking in fear.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter